PDA

View Full Version : Astros Game 2 Thoughts

reds44
05-30-2007, 10:39 PM
W 4-3
Series VICTORY!!!!!

CG for Harang. Great effort by him.
Offense blew alot of chances, but got the job down.
Great job by the top the top of the order tonight. Norris was on base 4 times.
Some great D by Edwin again tonight.

"AND THIS ONE BELONGS TO THE REDS!!!!"

NatiRedGals
05-30-2007, 10:44 PM
can u say 8.5 half out? 3 in a row! and we still play the brewers 13 more times!

reds44
05-30-2007, 10:48 PM
can u say 8.5 half out? 3 in a row! and we still play the brewers 13 more times!
It's way too early too look at the standings. We will not make the playoffs if we are 12 games under, I assure you that. The Reds have to play better baseball overall, and the standings will take care of themselves. It certainly does help that the NL Central sucks though.

NatiRedGals
05-30-2007, 10:53 PM
It's way too early too look at the standings. We will not make the playoffs if we are 12 games under, I assure you that. The Reds have to play better baseball overall, and the standings will take care of themselves. It certainly does help that the NL Central sucks though.

It wasnt to early to say we were out of it already im just saying its never to early to try and gain those games you lost back and that being said losing as much as we did and we are now in single digits thats just amazing! This win and last nights win dedacatied to Lauren Dietz and Miranda Phelps who died yesterday! My cousin knew everyone in that car RIP girls and pray for the guys at childrens

Razor Shines
05-31-2007, 01:15 AM
I was worried about Harang those last two innings, I thought he was going to give up the lead. But he worked through it and got some help from some good defense and some shots right at guys.

Hopper got his first walk tonight, and he continues to hit the ball, surprising me.

Castro gets so many pitches to hit, but is not able to do anything with them. He has the longest swing for a slap hitter that I think I've ever seen. He made a great play at 2nd though and then had an error, but fortunately didn't cost us anything except more pitches for Harang.

Usually I wouldn't like a lineup of Hopper followed by Gonzalez at the top of the order but what the hell it worked, and I'll take wins however they come.