PDA

View Full Version : Livingston to Start Tomorrow

reds44
05-31-2007, 07:07 PM
No real surprise there. Solid move. Per Tren'ts blog.

And from Fay:

Adam Dunn did not know until this afternoon that when he advanced to second in the first inning of Wednesday's game, it was ruled a caught stealing, E3. "That's brutal," he said. "I'm pissed. I really am." Dunn was 7-for-7 before the CS. He had not been caught in 15 attempts dating back to May 20, 2005. "I still haven't been caught," he said. "I was safe." The scorer assumed that Dunn, who broke on the Wandy Rodriguez's throw over, would have been out at second with a good throw. Dunn, it should be noted, was making his complaints in a good-natured way.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
I love Dunn sometimes.

WVPacman
05-31-2007, 07:23 PM
I honestly think that rule should be changed b/c Dunn was'nt out at second.Yes I know the pitcher picked the right time to throw over there but he still was'nt out at second.They need to change it and if they don't then they need to make the rule more spacific to understand.

redsupport
05-31-2007, 07:46 PM
how is livingston starting a "solid maove" he is pathetic and gave up about 10 hits in 5 innings, he is a retread, the utter definition of abysmal

foltza
05-31-2007, 08:01 PM
livingston is 24, has pitched in 4 career MLB games. he is no retread. and to label him "extremely or hopelessly bad" is probably a bit pretentious. let's give him a few starts, see if he improves, and go from there. i don't think he'll be hurting our chances at the world series. if he stinks, at least we know it and can move him out.

reds44
05-31-2007, 08:25 PM
how is livingston starting a "solid maove" he is pathetic and gave up about 10 hits in 5 innings, he is a retread, the utter definition of abysmal
He's better then Santos and Dumatrait, and Homer wasn't going to pitch on short rest.

How is a 24 year old a retread?

boognish
05-31-2007, 08:47 PM
I really do not understand the enthusiasm I have read for Livingston. Siding with redsupport (and taking a page out of his book) he is a non-deceptive version of Lance Davis.

Watching this guy pitch makes me wish the Reds had better AAAA alternatives.

Hey Meat
05-31-2007, 09:25 PM
The only solid move that could be made at the fifth starter is to acquire one from elsewhere.

HokieRed
05-31-2007, 10:24 PM
Disagree on 5th starter. If the Reds are in contention by August 15, I look for a rotation of Harang, Arroyo, Belisle, Bailey, and Fisher. Bullpen: Guardado (closer), Weathers, Lohse, Majewski, Bray, Burton, Coutlangus. Rest of club: Ross, Hatteberg, Phillips, Gonzalez, Encarnacion, Dunn, Hamilton, Griffey. Reserves: Hopper, Freel, Conine, Valentin, Keppinger. Not a bad club all the way through.

captainmorgan07
05-31-2007, 10:42 PM
i disagree hokiered i think kyle lohse will be around and can be a servicable 4th or 5th starter for a couple years

HokieRed
05-31-2007, 11:39 PM
Actually I like Lohse too. He may very well have to take up Arroyo's spot in the rotation, as Arroyo seems to have hit the wall pretty severely. If none of them is getting overworked, a rotation of Harang, Arroyo, Lohse, Bailey, and Belisle would suit me fine. I'm starting to think, though, that there is a serious problem with Arroyo, not necessarily of injury but of sheer weariness.

RedsFanInMD
06-01-2007, 01:07 PM
I wonder if Jerry's fear of having to use Livingston in long relief and thereby not give him the start tonight played a role in his leaving Arroyo out there to languish last night?

JLB5
06-01-2007, 01:15 PM
I wonder if Jerry's fear of having to use Livingston in long relief and thereby not give him the start tonight played a role in his leaving Arroyo out there to languish last night?

No, Santos was available as well. From what I read, Arroyo had "good stuff." I was listening to the game so I couldn't observe this. Brantley was talking about his mechanics being off on the radio. I was painting and running power tools, so only caught bits an pieces, but I heard Brantley saying something about his head and being out of line when he drove toward the plate. Aside from that, the 2 big hits came from Lee and Berkman. Bronson's not the 1st pitcher to get pounded by those two. He makes a good pitch to either of them, especially Lee and it's a different game. Finesse pitchers like Arroyo just hit these patches sometimes. I'll start worrying if this skid lasts 2 more games.

tbball10
06-01-2007, 01:23 PM
livingston did give up 10 hits vs. the dodgers, but if u watched the game, u would know that they did not hit him very hard at all.

redsupport
06-01-2007, 03:36 PM
yeah i am sure they thought, livingston what a fantastic pitcher

WVPacman
06-02-2007, 01:49 AM

Ok bud I have to ask do you still think livingston is pathetic??

HumnHilghtFreel
06-02-2007, 01:54 AM
Ok bud I have to ask do you still think livingston is pathetic??

I'm not big on the stat, but I think pitchers like Livingston are the reason someone came up with BABIP

WVPacman
06-02-2007, 01:59 AM
I'm not big on the stat, but I think pitchers like Livingston are the reason someone came up with BABIP

Yeah I know what you mean and I know it was only his second start for the reds but I have to admit his control looked great as did his confidence. I was kind of bumbed when Narron would'nt let him get out the 3rd out but im glad the bullpen found a way to keep the lead.