Votto 1B
Guiterrez DH
Edwards LF
Dickerson RF
Jorgesen C

Shearn on the mound.

OnBaseMachine
06-01-2007, 07:30 PM
Sarasota was postponed due to rain and will play a doubleheader on June 13th.

OnBaseMachine
06-01-2007, 08:15 PM
Hamilton K's in his first atbat. Joey Votto begins the month of June with a RBI single to the opposite side again.

indy_dave00
06-01-2007, 08:20 PM
Durham has the game on milb tv

OnBaseMachine
06-01-2007, 09:02 PM
Votto singles again, he's 2-for-2.

CTA513
06-01-2007, 09:47 PM
Louisville is up 3-1 in the 6th

Chattanooga is up 2-0 in the 3rd
Lockwood: 3 Innings, 1 Hit, 0 Runs, 1 BB, 3 K

Dayton is up 3-0 in the 7th
Watson: 6 Innings, 4 Hits, 0 Runs, 0 BB, 5 K

HBP
06-01-2007, 10:33 PM
Why is Watson still in Dayton? It's not even a challenge for him anymore.

knuckler
06-01-2007, 11:29 PM
Why is Watson still in Dayton? It's not even a challenge for him anymore.

Just speculating, but I would guess because he has yet to pitch into the 7th inning in his conversion from reliever to starter. At the lower level it should be easier to work on pitch efficiency without getting hammered.

Maybe one of the major league guys can teach him how to "pitch to contact":devil:

CTA513
06-01-2007, 11:39 PM
Louisville lost 5-4 in the 10th
Votto: 3 for 4 with 3 singles and 2 RBIs
Dickerson: 2 for 4 with 2 singles
Hamilton: 1 for 4 with a double and walk

Chattanooga is down 5-4 in the 8th
Lockwood: 5 Innings, 4 Hits, 3 Runs, 3 BB, 3 K
Medlock: 2 Innings, 3 Hits, 0 Runs, 0 BB, 3 K
Medlock this season: 2.78 ERA, 35.2 Innings, 29 Hits, 11 Runs, 3 BB, 46 K

Dayton won 5-2
Watson: 6.1 Innings, 4 Hits, 1 Run, 1 BB, 5 K
DeJesus: 1 Inning, 2 Hits, 1 Run, 0 BB, 0 K
J. Rojas: 1.2 Innings, 0 Hits, 0 Runs, 1 BB, 3 K
Stubbs: 0 for 4 with 4 Ks
Heisey: 1 for 3 with a single and walk
Cabrera: 2 for 4 with 2 singles
Parker: 0 for 2 with a walk and RBI

RedsFanatic
06-02-2007, 12:13 AM
Conine and/ or Hatteberg need to be moved. This team is going no where and Votto is the future. He is accomplishing nothing by dominating in Triple A.

CTA513
06-02-2007, 12:16 AM
Chattanooga won 7-6

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=g_box&gid=2007_06_01_msbaax_cngaax_1

Blue
06-02-2007, 12:18 AM
Conine and/ or Hatteberg need to be moved. This team is going no where and Votto is the future. He is accomplishing nothing by dominating in Triple A.

Better yet, we could call up Votto to play 1B everyday, keep Hatteberg and Conine, and build something resembling a major league bench.

reds44
06-02-2007, 01:14 AM
Better yet, we could call up Votto to play 1B everyday, keep Hatteberg and Conine, and build something resembling a major league bench.
And have 3 1st baseman and 3 catchers?

BearcatShane
06-02-2007, 01:18 AM
Is Homer pitching tomorrow?

reds44
06-02-2007, 01:22 AM
Is Homer pitching tomorrow?
Yep at 7, and it's on milb.tv too. Can't wait to watch Homer pitch.

icehole3
06-02-2007, 09:18 AM
Just speculating, but I would guess because he has yet to pitch into the 7th inning in his conversion from reliever to starter. At the lower level it should be easier to work on pitch efficiency without getting hammered.

Maybe one of the major league guys can teach him how to "pitch to contact":devil:

he's a pure knuckleball pitcher, those guys can throw over 100 pitches easy. I think there's no room at this time thats why he's at low A, theyll make room soon enough.

OesterPoster
06-02-2007, 09:39 AM
he's a pure knuckleball pitcher, those guys can throw over 100 pitches easy. I think there's no room at this time thats why he's at low A, theyll make room soon enough.

If you're talking about Watson, he's not a "pure" knuckleball pitcher. He has one pitch, a knucklecurve, which resembles a knuckler. He's more of a power pitcher who uses the knucklecurve as his offspeed pitch.

dougdirt
06-02-2007, 09:59 AM
If you're talking about Watson, he's not a "pure" knuckleball pitcher. He has one pitch, a knucklecurve, which resembles a knuckler. He's more of a power pitcher who uses the knucklecurve as his offspeed pitch.

Yeah, Watson relies a lot on his fastball and knuckle curve and will mix in a slider and a change up every now and again. His bread and butter though is his knuckle curve that runs about 84 MPH that coming out of his hand looks just like his fastball.

bradmu
06-02-2007, 03:27 PM
Chattanooga won 7-6

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=g_box&gid=2007_06_01_msbaax_cngaax_1

Didn't see this elsewhere on the forum...but there was quite a performance during this game... http://www.wdef.com/node/5567

That said...makes me wonder if this guy was drunk or something. He was out there to put on a show thats for sure. He even bows to the crowd as he walks off the field. At least he got his 15 minutes.

Blue
06-02-2007, 03:34 PM
Didn't see this elsewhere on the forum...but there was quite a performance during this game... http://www.wdef.com/node/5567

That said...makes me wonder if this guy was drunk or something. He was out there to put on a show thats for sure. He even bows to the crowd as he walks off the field. At least he got his 15 minutes.

Whoah! That was great! Making the plate bigger, I've never seen that one before. His players were having trouble hiding their amusement. Why did he belly crawl up to the mound?

KittyDuran
06-02-2007, 05:47 PM

That said...makes me wonder if this guy was drunk or something. He was out there to put on a show thats for sure. He even bows to the crowd as he walks off the field. At least he got his 15 minutes.Didn't Wellman used to be the skipper for the Lookouts a few years ago? IIRC he was in the Reds organization for awhile.

KittyDuran
06-02-2007, 05:48 PM
Whoah! That was great! Making the plate bigger, I've never seen that one before. His players were having trouble hiding their amusement. Why did he belly crawl up to the mound?"Incoming!" [throwing the rosin bag toward home plate and the ump]

KittyDuran
06-02-2007, 05:51 PM
Didn't Wellman used to be the skipper for the Lookouts a few years ago? IIRC he was in the Reds organization for awhile.Yep! I bolded the caption for emphasis! I'll answer my ?:
http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_94995.asp

Former Lookouts Manager Phillip Wellman To Manage 2007 Mississippi Braves
by Tim Evearitt
posted October 19, 2006

Photo by Tim Evearitt (file photo)
Phillip Wellman will move from the third base coaching box into the dugout next season as the manager of the Mississippi Braves.

Local fans have another reason to take in professional baseball games next summer at BellSouth Park. Wellman is back -- not with Chattanooga -- but with the Mississippi Braves.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution is reporting that the Atlanta organization has replaced Mississippi Braves' manager Jeff Blauser with former Lookouts' manager Phillip Wellman.

Wellman replaces Blauser, who managed the 2006 M-Braves through a disappointing 58-80 season. Blauser, who managed just a year, has been offered a non-managerial position in the organization, Braves director of player development Kurt Kemp said. Blauser was a roving infield instructor before becoming Mississippi manager.

The Braves have not yet named a replacement for Brian Snitker as manager at Class AAA Richmond. Snitker was named Atlanta third base coach after Fredi Gonzalez became manager with Florida.

Chino Cadahia was also added to the Atlanta staff as bench coach. He will be replaced as minor league field coordinator by Tommy Shields, his assistant last season.

The Braves named John Coppolella, formerly with the Yankees, as director of baseball administration, replacing Tyrone Brooks, who took a job as a scout with Cleveland.

Minor league pitching coordinator Bill Fischer also must be replaced. He took a similar job with Kansas City.

Photo by Tim Evearitt (file photo)
Wellman, who was a colorful manager with the Lookouts, was known for his unique rants-and-ravings whenever an umpire ejected him from a game.

TOBTTReds
06-02-2007, 06:35 PM
That's embarrassing. I'm guessing he doesn't have asperations to make it any further in baseball like to coach in the majors. Although I thought it was funny, I think he was making a mockery of the game.