PDA

View Full Version : Rockies Game 1 Thoughts

reds44
06-02-2007, 12:59 AM
W 4-2

Took 3/4 on the road trip so far. Pretty good.

Nice job by Bobby tonight. I don't like his outlook for the future with his 0 Ks and 7 hits, but he didn't give up an earned run and pitched well into the 7th.

Weathers has been solid in the closer's spot all year.

Griffey goes yard again. Stay healthy big man.

Edwin with a double and has his average above .250 now. Amazing what a few good games will do for you.

Gonzalez continues to hit homers at a confusing pace, but also continues his dissapointing defensive play.
Lets go get another series W tomorrow.

reds44
06-02-2007, 01:12 AM
Thom is really drooling about Livingston on the postgame show.

Livingston's 1st start: 5.1 IP, 10 H, 4 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
Tonight: 6.2 IP, 7 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 0 K

Total: 12 IP, 17 H, 4 ER, 2 BB, 1 K

Do not get excited about this guy. He screams disaster.

I still like him better then Santos and Dumatrait, but he is by no means a long term (or any term for that matter) solution.

rotnoid
06-02-2007, 08:30 AM
I think you're right. Junk throwing lefties give everybody trouble the first time through. Unfortunately it's an adjustment major leaguers can make. On the other hand, it could be handy in cases where a hard thrower comes the next day. Lohse can see a benefit today after the soft tossing Livingston last night, especially if he's hitting mid 90's like he can.

HumnHilghtFreel
06-02-2007, 09:06 AM
On the other hand, it could be handy in cases where a hard thrower comes the next day. Lohse can see a benefit today after the soft tossing Livingston last night, especially if he's hitting mid 90's like he can.

I wouldn't think that to be the case. Maybe in-game when you bring in a fireballing reliever after a soft-tosser, but I don't see how it could help much game to game.

Degenerate39
06-02-2007, 09:43 AM
This game just reminds me why Griffey has always been my favorite player.