PDA

View Full Version : We blew a six run lead

major harris
06-03-2007, 06:01 PM
Imagine that...90 days until college football season starts.

reds44
06-03-2007, 06:02 PM
Gary Majewski is just terrible. He should have never been brought up for the minors. He has no business being here. Hopefully he goes down when Homer comes up.

There was ZERO and I mean ZERO chance of Weathers getting a 6 out save. NONE.

Marcus McBeth is never going to pitch. Narron REFUSES to use him.

nw_ohio_fan
06-03-2007, 06:05 PM
Gotta love this bullpen. They make it so exciting don't they. Can they keep a lead, or will they blow it? Should have kept Matt in.

Chi-Town Red
06-03-2007, 06:05 PM
Gary Majewski is just terrible. He should have never been brought up for the minors. He has no business being here. Hopefully he goes down when Homer comes up.

There was ZERO and I mean ZERO chance of Weathers getting a 6 out save. NONE.

Marcus McBeth is never going to pitch. Narron REFUSES to use him. agreed..horrible

reds44
06-03-2007, 06:07 PM
Gotta love this bullpen. They make it so exciting don't they. Can they keep a lead, or will they blow it? Should have kept Matt in.
Narron used the WORST two bullpen pitches the last two nights. Stanton and Majewski are the two worst guys we have, yet Narron runs them out their in key spots.

I think Krivsky is actually doing a decent job of collecting some interesting arms down their. McBeth, Burton, and Salmon are all guys I would have had in there over the two guys he ran out there the last two nights.

And to bring Weathers in and expcet him to get 6 outs is absolutely insane.

nw_ohio_fan
06-03-2007, 06:10 PM
Narron used the WORST two bullpen pitches the last two nights. Stanton and Majewski are the two worst guys we have, yet Narron runs them out their in key spots.

I think Krivsky is actually doing a decent job of collecting some interesting arms down their. McBeth, Burton, and Salmon are all guys I would have had in there over the two guys he ran out there the last two nights.

I agree, there are young arms. But you know we trade away a bunch for Majewski and Bray and I doubt we ever see it pay off. Dave has a lot on his shoulders. Hopefully when Eddie comes back we will see a change.

HokieRed
06-03-2007, 06:10 PM
There just is no more justification to keep on Narron. He needs to go IMMEDIATELY. It's a joke to continue to allow him to run the ballclub.

HokieRed
06-03-2007, 06:17 PM
Sorry, I wish I could agree about Krivsky, but I just can't. He's been working for a solid year to improve the bullpen, and it has gotten worse. We spent Lopez and Kearns for Majewski and Bray; we gave away Justin Germano (now 4-0 for the Padres) for Rheal Cormier; we got six games out Everyday Eddie; he signed Stanton [like Cormier] for two years; he thought Coutlangus was going to help; he sticks with Narron. That is a record of total incompetence, and he should, IMHO, be fired immediately. Any pretension that Castellini has had about being a winner is undermined by sticking with this GM and Narron.

reds44
06-03-2007, 06:18 PM
And it's 9-9 now.

Santos warming up? WHY??

Degenerate39
06-03-2007, 06:20 PM
We want McBeth!

HokieRed
06-03-2007, 07:27 PM
It's hard to know who's worse, Narron or Krivsky. Actually I'm a little sympathetic to Narron. Look at the options K has given him--how is he supposed to use that group in the best possible way? What do you do when your options are Santos, Stanton, Coutlangus, Majewski (all K products.)

reds44
06-03-2007, 07:29 PM
It's hard to know who's worse, Narron or Krivsky. Actually I'm a little sympathetic to Narron. Look at the options K has given him--how is he supposed to use that group in the best possible way? What do you do when your options are Santos, Stanton, Coutlangus, Majewski (all K products.)
There are guys like Burton, Salmon, and McBeth. For some reason, Jerry does know who these guys are.

T7-niner
06-03-2007, 07:41 PM
There are guys like Burton, Salmon, and McBeth. For some reason, Jerry does know who these guys are.

Why is that?

Jerry keeps running the same guys out there in the same situations that they continually fail at. Why not give the other guys a shot at it?

I just don't get it...

jnwohio
06-03-2007, 09:34 PM

Only because the horse was already out of the barn when he brought him in. With the day off Monday, it would have been a really smart move to bring Weathers in to open the 8th.

RedsFanInMD
06-04-2007, 12:12 AM
How much responsibility does Dick Pole bear for determining which relievers to go with?

I think it's time to cut our losses with Gary Majewski. I seriously wonder if he was ever really "injured" -- or if that was just WK trying to save face for trading for a bad pitcher.

paintmered
06-04-2007, 12:13 AM
This is turning into a game thread.