PDA

View Full Version : Weird Coincidences (Homer & PowerPacks)

TheWalls
06-04-2007, 04:18 PM
Does anyone else find it an interesting coincidence that Homer's major league debut happens to be in front of an already sold out crowd that bought the PowerPack ticket packages?

Call me cynical, but if management passed on several other chances to call Homer up to stop the bleeding, but chose instead to showcase him to 30,000 seats worth of people willing to cough up 100s of $$ for mutliple game tickets, it smacks of a desparate attempt to save the season financially, but not in terms of performance.

Thoughts?

hebroncougar
06-04-2007, 04:49 PM
Does anyone else find it an interesting coincidence that Homer's major league debut happens to be in front of an already sold out crowd that bought the PowerPack ticket packages?

Call me cynical, but if management passed on several other chances to call Homer up to stop the bleeding, but chose instead to showcase him to 30,000 seats worth of people willing to cough up 100s of $$ for mutliple game tickets, it smacks of a desparate attempt to save the season financially, but not in terms of performance.

Thoughts?

With the Reds TV schedule, really, anyone can watch his debut in the tri state area no matter what game he pitched. If anything, they knew Cleveland was sold out for the most part, and could have called him up against Washington, or Pitts. last homestand to bring people out. I see it as coincidence in this regards.

Grounds_Crew
06-04-2007, 04:51 PM
This series is also sold out because the the Indians are in town. Here's an example of how big that series is to the Reds organization. I'm coming into town this weekend and contacted some people at the Reds about getting some comp tickets for both Friday and Saturday games. This is never a problem. The employees, however, were told that no comp tickets would be available for this series.

muethibp
06-04-2007, 05:37 PM
I don't know why people continue to refer to Saturday as sold out. Plenty of tickets remain.

I(heart)Freel
06-04-2007, 05:56 PM
Yea... if anything, if this were for purely financial reasons, wouldn't they choose a non Power Pack game? More seats available to sell.

I actually wonder, since I haven't seen it officially announced yet, if the business people are talking to the baseball people right now about that very thing.

bradmu
06-04-2007, 07:40 PM
If they were considering Financial Reasons as a factor for when to bring him up, they'd have chose a game that they could sell a lot more additional tickets to (not a PP game vs high profile opponent). And they would not label it as TBA and leave up specuation as to what day he would pitch. You'd have to think they would release the date by now to give fans a chance to run to the ticket office and snag up their tix.