PDA

View Full Version : Griffey leaps ahead NL All Star Ballot

NorrisHopper30
06-04-2007, 09:20 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070604&content_id=2004884&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Good to know he's getting some respect this year, Alfonso has done nothing to deserve it.

Keep up the good work Ken.

Degenerate39
06-04-2007, 10:57 PM
Brandon Phillips should be up there for 2nd baseman.

Cicero
06-04-2007, 11:17 PM
Griff has earned it. He has also earned apologies from an awful lot of people. I hoe he doesn't hold his breath.

ED44
06-04-2007, 11:20 PM
We all know it's based on popularity, but based on the season to this point, who does everyone have?

NL
C-Martin (Dodgers)
1B-Fielder (Brewers)
2B-Utley (Phillies)
SS-Hardy (Brewers) You can make a great case for Reyes, Hanley Ramirez or Jimmy Rollins as well...
3B-Cabrera (Marlins)
OF-Holliday (Rockies)
OF-Jr (Reds) His #'s match up with most
OF-Lee (Astros) Bay deserves a look too (although his #'s are inflated by hitting against the Reds)

AL
C-Martinez (Indians)
1B-Morneau (Twins) Youk making a strong case in Boston
2B-Upton (D-Rays)
SS-Peralta (Indians)
3B-A-Rod (Yankees)
OF-Ordonez (White Sox)
OF-Vlad (Angels)
OF-Hunter (Twins) Sizemore and Ichiro are having strong years, too

Natty Redlocks
06-05-2007, 12:22 AM
Griff has earned it. He has also earned apologies from an awful lot of people. I hoe he doesn't hold his breath.

I've criticized Griffey A LOT in the past. This offseason I was absolutely convinced he was the biggest problem this team had and I just knew there was no way he would ever move from center field without being a huge baby about it.

I was wrong, wrong, wrong. And I do apologize.

Soriano's heatin' up tho.

bounty37h
06-05-2007, 11:42 AM
Good for Griff, he deserves it!!! Where are the guys who were saying Dunn is an obvious allstar pick, he's only at 15 in the NL right now....

markymark69
06-05-2007, 12:00 PM
Certainly deserving. Although I understand, because the team stinks and his name is not that well known, I am disapoointed that Brandon Phillips is not more attention from fans.

HumnHilghtFreel
06-05-2007, 01:33 PM
Good for Griff, he deserves it!!! Where are the guys who were saying Dunn is an obvious allstar pick, he's only at 15 in the NL right now....

That's because I'm assuming that most the votes come from the casual fan, who usually aren't going to put a lot of stock in a player's OPS #'s.

rotnoid
06-05-2007, 01:37 PM
Certainly deserving. Although I understand, because the team stinks and his name is not that well known, I am disapoointed that Brandon Phillips is not more attention from fans.

He's also playing a position that's stocked with all star caliber talent. Utley, Reyes, and Ramirez are all having better seasons even if they do play in bigger markets.

HumnHilghtFreel
06-05-2007, 01:45 PM
He's also playing a position that's stocked with all star caliber talent. Utley, Reyes, and Ramirez are all having better seasons even if they do play in bigger markets.

Reyes and Ramirez are shortstops. And I just looked at the list, the fact that Jose Valentin is #5 on the list is laughable.