PDA

View Full Version : Dunn and Phillips testy after BP's homerun sunday?

SidneySlicker
06-04-2007, 11:11 PM
Sorry I haven't had a chance to post this until now. I wanted to get some thoughts of others. For any of you that have Sunday's Reds Rockies game tivo'd/dvr'd go back to Phillips homerun and watch afterward when Phillips is going through the dugout for fives. Dunn and Phillips appear to get into it a little bit and Encarnacion pulls Phillips back from Dunn. Now it could have been very innocent and all horseplay, but the wierd thing was that none of them were smiling. It was just very wierd moment, and like I said could very well have just been them messing around. I just wanted to get the thoughts of anyone who may have noticed or can go back to it and take a look. Thanks.

pokeyfan
06-04-2007, 11:13 PM
Phillips probably told him "That's what a HR to the opposite field looks like".

reds44
06-04-2007, 11:19 PM
Nice catch. I just went back and watched it on mlb.tv. That definatley didn't look friendly, but it didn't look like anything nasty either. Phillips definatley wasn't enjoying it.

I think Dunn was beating on Phillips alittle bit, and Phillips didn't like it. Although Dunn wasn't smiling either.

That was odd.

mound_patrol
06-04-2007, 11:47 PM
as fiery as these guys are they'll prolly hold a grudge against each other for the remainder of the season and will tear the clubhouse apart sending the team in a downward spiral towards last place.

jfleur87
06-04-2007, 11:56 PM
sounds good enough for me, i'll blame the poor season on their faltering relationship in the clubhouse.

GoReds44
06-05-2007, 12:00 AM
I saw that to but didn't bring it up..Dunn was sick though so maybe BP was just horseplaying around I guess and might have hit Dunn to hard or something and Adam got mad? Not sure.

JLB5
06-05-2007, 08:45 AM
No, no no. I was watching and at the time I remember thinking how great it was that Dunn had his head in the game and was one of the first to welcome BP in the dugout after his homer. It was obvious that they were fooling around and the "Big Donkey" can be just a bit clumsy at times in the celebration.

Degenerate39
06-05-2007, 10:33 AM
I saw this during the game but I really didn't think much about it. I ment to discuss this earlier but I had forgotten about it.

keeganbrick
06-05-2007, 11:18 AM
I saw it when it happened and it looked to me like they were just fooling around and Phillips was keeping a straight face.