PDA

View Full Version : The Dunn and Phillips altercation

WVPacman
06-05-2007, 01:32 AM
I seen this on the sun deck board and wanted to see if anybody else seen the same thing during the game.I missed it!!

Sorry I haven't had a chance to post this until now. I wanted to get some thoughts of others. For any of you that have Sunday's Reds Rockies game tivo'd/dvr'd go back to Phillips homerun and watch afterward when Phillips is going through the dugout for fives. Dunn and Phillips appear to get into it a little bit and Encarnacion pulls Phillips back from Dunn. Now it could have been very innocent and all horseplay, but the wierd thing was that none of them were smiling. It was just very wierd moment, and like I said could very well have just been them messing around. I just wanted to get the thoughts of anyone who may have noticed or can go back to it and take a look. Thanks.

redsrule2500
06-05-2007, 03:17 AM
I'm interested....but no Tivo...

Matt700wlw
06-05-2007, 03:33 AM
Maybe one of them called the other one's mom ugly

Ron Madden
06-05-2007, 04:40 AM
I saw Dunn bang hands and elbows with Phillips then hit the top of his helment. (happens all the time)

Adam then steped back up to the rail of the dugout while Brandon worked his way to the other end of the dugout glad-handing other teammates.

Dunn may not have had a big grin on his face but remember he was sick at the time.

jmcclain19
06-05-2007, 05:22 AM
Maybe he found out that Phillips was the one who took his recliner

mth123
06-05-2007, 06:54 AM
I think it was an in-fun mocking reference to Zambrano/Barrett. Not sure it was meant for the public or at least not with the public in mind. IMO it was just guys fooling around.

StillFunkyB
06-05-2007, 06:57 AM
I think it was an in-fun mocking reference to Zambrano/Barrett. Not sure it was meant for the public or at least not with the public in mind. IMO it was just guys fooling around.

That is exactly what I was thinking. Especially with the two people involved here.

Boss-Hog
06-05-2007, 07:53 AM
I saw it - it definitely appeared to me that they were joking arond.

MrCinatit
06-05-2007, 08:17 AM

I did not see it, but considering the mentality of the two involved, that sounds like a logical explanation - just a couple of guys having fun in a game.

Big Klu
06-05-2007, 08:48 AM
I also saw it. They were just horsing around. It seemed like they were having fun.

RedFanAlways1966
06-05-2007, 09:05 AM
Oh boy... I cannot wait for the John Fay version. Come on, John, "enquiring minds" need to know. Tell us about the evil and the troubles that were really behind this. I am sure it will be something like...

"In case you didn't see the tussle between Phillips and Dunn during the 5th inning of Sunday's game at Colorado, let me fill you in on the real story. Inside sources have told me that Adam and BP have not seen eye-to-eye (no pun intended) since late last year. Brandon wants to be known as a HR hitter and cannot stand that Adam has more HRs than him. Adam wants to play 2nd base and cannot stand that BP plays there. Sources close to both parties have told me that there also seems to be a woman involved... and the lady wore RED. I will get back to you fans with more information when my inside sources give me the scoop."

:help:

GAC
06-05-2007, 09:13 AM
Philips does not even want a piece of Adam Dunn. ;)

37red
06-05-2007, 09:54 AM
First thing I thought was they're not goofing around. Phillips looked angry like Dunn had hit him too hard or said something that got to him. I didn't see any sign of playing around and expected the commentaters to say something. Brandon looked like he was going to go back at Adam but a couple of guys stepped in between them during the congratulations.

redsmetz
06-05-2007, 10:08 AM
Oh boy... I cannot wait for the John Fay version. Come on, John, "enquiring minds" need to know. Tell us about the evil and the troubles that were really behind this. I am sure it will be something like...

"In case you didn't see the tussle between Phillips and Dunn during the 5th inning of Sunday's game at Colorado, let me fill you in on the real story. Inside sources have told me that Adam and BP have not seen eye-to-eye (no pun intended) since late last year. Brandon wants to be known as a HR hitter and cannot stand that Adam has more HRs than him. Adam wants to play 2nd base and cannot stand that BP plays there. Sources close to both parties have told me that there also seems to be a woman involved... and the lady wore RED. I will get back to you fans with more information when my inside sources give me the scoop."

LOL - that's pretty good and you have John Fay down pat.

Now the real question is - would Brandon Phillips be stupid enough to want to tussle with Adam Dunn? He'd eat him alive and come back for a snack.

Ravenlord
06-05-2007, 10:24 AM

hehe...sounds like Scarlet may be involved in same way;)

any truth in that rumor?:feedback:

wheels
06-05-2007, 11:44 AM
They were totally doing a parody of the Barrett Zambrano thing.

It's obvious. Those two guys are the biggest jackasses (I mean that as a compliment) on the squad.

Why would they fight after a big home run?

I have a hard time believing anyone thought that was real. My employees and I do way worse to each other during down times. Wonder what people would think if they saw it.

Redsland
06-05-2007, 11:57 AM
Why would they fight after a big home run?
Because the rally was dead?

:)

GAC
06-05-2007, 07:19 PM
I was just informed by another ORG member that if there was a fight between Phillips and Dunn, then Phillips has nothing to worry about - Dunn would probably swing and miss. :mooner:

smith288
06-05-2007, 07:38 PM
I was just informed by another ORG member that if there was a fight between Phillips and Dunn, then Phillips has nothing to worry about - Dunn would probably swing and miss. :mooner:
Oh *snap*

pedro
06-05-2007, 07:40 PM

just think how far Phillips head would travel if Dunn did connect.

gm
06-05-2007, 08:22 PM
After Phillips hits HR onto GAB's CF grassy knoll

Dunn's response "you just visit...I live out there"

LINEDRIVER
06-05-2007, 11:06 PM
First thing I thought was they're not goofing around. Phillips looked angry like Dunn had hit him too hard or said something that got to him. I didn't see any sign of playing around and expected the commentaters to say something. Brandon looked like he was going to go back at Adam but a couple of guys stepped in between them during the congratulations.

I agree with your assessment. What caught my attention was that I thought I heard a louder yell from somebody in the dugout. I instantly looked at the TV and it looked like Phillips was looking at Dunn. Phillips was not looking like a happy camper. There was a another player (I dont remember who) who was sitting near the rail and he turned his head toward Phillips/Dunn. The expression on that player's face turned from carefree to concerned. I was wondering at the time why the TV guys weren't commenting on the situation.

I still have that game on the DVR. I'll check out the Phillips HR to see if I still see it all that way.

Yachtzee
06-05-2007, 11:41 PM
I heard that afterward, they called Marty up on the Banana Phone and asked him if he could get a hold of Amanda Hugankiss.

WVPacman
06-06-2007, 12:52 AM
Philips does not even want a piece of Adam Dunn. ;)

I don't know b/c the way Dunn is batting these days if he would have thrown a punch then he would have probably missed Phillips.:laugh:

No honestly im glad there was'nt nothing to it EVEN THOW thats probably what the reds need to wake the team up.Let them all fight each other!!!!!!;)