PDA

View Full Version : .297 vs .198

redsupport
06-05-2007, 11:25 PM
amazing that franklin leaves the misfits and lowers his opponents ba by .100. Let me know what Red player has lowered their ba as a pitcher compared to their previous team.

Mario-Rijo
06-06-2007, 12:32 AM
amazing that franklin leaves the misfits and lowers his opponents ba by .100. Let me know what Red player has lowered their ba as a pitcher compared to their previous team.

None that I can think of but Hancock was looking a lot better once he got out of here as well. Dave Duncan and Tony Larussa know how to run a staff/pen!

:bang:

eastkyred
06-06-2007, 08:43 AM

Arroyo

Dunner44
06-06-2007, 10:44 AM
Arroyo
while this is true, this is in a large part because he changed leagues. Going from the AL to the NL is good for knocking off 1.00 of an era any day, and opponets BA will go down as well. especially with the pitcher in there to get beat up batting.

eastkyred
06-06-2007, 11:00 AM
while this is true, this is in a large part because he changed leagues. Going from the AL to the NL is good for knocking off 1.00 of an era any day, and opponets BA will go down as well. especially with the pitcher in there to get beat up batting.

I wouldn't argue with that at all. I was just answering the question.

redsupport
06-06-2007, 11:26 AM
Luis Arroyo did better with the Yankees than Reds so the hypothesis is in err

Kingspoint
06-06-2007, 04:51 PM
I can only assume that you're suggesting Dick Pole is responsible for this.

Certainly there are a lot of questions regarding this, but this is the same Dick Pole that has been the relievers coach when the team had the best and one of the best relief corps in the NL five to 10 years ago.

It's really a question of talent, not coaching that is at the root of the bullpen's problems.

Suffice it to say the Krivsky saw that Franklin had the potential to have this kind of season. It just didn't happen with the REDS.

They simply need better pitchers. I think Dick Pole is good enough to turn a bullpen into a top-notch unit if he has the talent. He's done it several times before.

Dunner44
06-06-2007, 11:00 PM
I can only assume that you're suggesting Dick Pole is responsible for this.

Certainly there are a lot of questions regarding this, but this is the same Dick Pole that has been the relievers coach when the team had the best and one of the best relief corps in the NL five to 10 years ago.

It's really a question of talent, not coaching that is at the root of the bullpen's problems.

Suffice it to say the Krivsky saw that Franklin had the potential to have this kind of season. It just didn't happen with the REDS.

They simply need better pitchers. I think Dick Pole is good enough to turn a bullpen into a top-notch unit if he has the talent. He's done it several times before.

Dude, Dick Pole is not the bullpen coach, nor was he even in a reds uniform last year when franklin was present. Tom Hume has been and continues to be the bullpen coach... are you refering to him? He was also the interim pitching coach last year with Rhule out. But its not his fault. Dave duncan works wonders, LaRussa is captian hook and they manage to get by in st. louis somehow.