PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Passan - Yahoo Sports says it will be Julio Borbon

paulrichjr
06-07-2007, 12:57 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AlN0VuSc.XvkGOimyoGFZg4RvLYF?slug=jp-mockdraft060607&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

15) Cincinnati Reds: Julio Borbon, OF, Tennessee – One of the most well-stocked organizations in baseball, the Reds can go in plenty of different directions. Early projections linked them to Houston-area third baseman Kevin Ahrens, though this seems a bit early. Borbon, the polished outfielder, seems a better fit, much like Texas center fielder Drew Stubbs was last season.

OK off of the subject but when was the last time that someone said that we have one of the most well stocked organizations in baseball?

LoganBuck
06-07-2007, 07:18 AM
Sounds like he is guessing. Also I would really ticked if they take another Outfielder, that doesn't have a special bat.

Kc61
06-07-2007, 07:26 AM
Reds' guy Buckley likes college position players in the first round.

edabbs44
06-07-2007, 08:06 AM
I hope it's not Borbon...there are other areas which require special attention.

Red Leader
06-07-2007, 08:36 AM
Borbon is the one guy that is projected to go in the top 2 rounds that I would avoid at all costs. I would be unhappy if the Reds picked him with their supp. pick, let alone pick# 15.

NC Reds
06-07-2007, 09:11 AM
If we take Borbon in the first round, then I give up on this franchise.

Why do I have a feeling that we will have another underwhelming draft??

Heath
06-07-2007, 09:13 AM
Are catchers at a minimum again?

Red Leader
06-07-2007, 09:26 AM
Are catchers at a minimum again?

There are more interesting catchers in this year's draft than last year, for sure. There are a good number of catchers that will have to move to a corner infield position as they advance.

AdamDunn
06-07-2007, 10:34 AM
:bang:

Can't this organization make a smart move?!?!

Superdude
06-07-2007, 10:50 AM
Please don't say that.

KoryMac5
06-07-2007, 11:20 AM
Mock Draft from baseball prospectus Bryan Smith. He uses no insider information he's basing picks off of past history and tendencies of each team.

15. Cincinnati Reds: Josh Smoker, lhp, Georgia HS
It’s going to be time for Chris Buckley to buck his own trend of drafting college position players, because I don’t think Matt LaPorta fits in the National League and it’s too early to draft Corey Brown. However, if polish is what Buckley is after, Josh Smoker already has four pitches and good fastball control. If he stays with a hitter, Kevin Ahrens is the likely choice

The_jbh
06-07-2007, 11:36 AM
Baseball America's mock draft has the reds taking Pete Cozma, HS SS with Dominguez on the board...

THey say the reds are honing in on Cozma, Mesaraco, Heyward and Borbon while eyeing Ahrens with #34...

I'd be ok with Masaraco in rnd 1 with ahrens in the supp

AdamDunn
06-07-2007, 11:47 AM
Baseball America's mock draft has the reds taking Pete Cozma, HS SS with Dominguez on the board...

THey say the reds are honing in on Cozma, Mesaraco, Heyward and Borbon while eyeing Ahrens with #34...

I'd be ok with Masaraco in rnd 1 with ahrens in the supp

It's beginning to look like Dominguez is completely out of the Red's picture.

Are the Reds open to picking a pitcher or are they set on picking a position player? None of the mock drafts have the Reds taking a pitcher.

The_jbh
06-07-2007, 12:32 PM
set on a position player apparently

HokieRed
06-07-2007, 02:08 PM
I hope it's not Borbon. What's happened to Ahrens?