PDA

View Full Version : Shackelford Clears Waivers, 40 Man Now At 38

redsfan30
06-07-2007, 03:56 PM
According to the blog at cincypost.com.

Homer Bailey will obviously be added to the 40 man tomorrow, leaving one open spot.

Is that spot for Eddie Guardado, or is there a move coming?

Matt700wlw
06-07-2007, 03:57 PM
I didn't know this was going to be made public...

I wish I would have broke it :)

Certainly paves the way for a multiple player trade

Redsland
06-07-2007, 06:19 PM
How long before Brian Shackelford updates his Craigslist page?

:)

Tom Servo
06-07-2007, 06:30 PM
Interesting in theory, but nothing particularly interesting ever seems to come out of these moves.

icehole3
06-07-2007, 06:57 PM
I heard Lance talking about Dunn's contract and it sounds like in order to trade Dunn his contract would need to be torn up and re-worked in order for him to be traded (before Im beat over the head by Dunn backers) Im not saying he should be traded I love Adam Dunn he's the greatest hitter since Killebrew.

pedro
06-07-2007, 07:00 PM
I heard Lance talking about Dunn's contract and it sounds like in order to trade Dunn his contract would need to be torn up and re-worked in order for him to be traded (before Im beat over the head by Dunn backers) Im not saying he should be traded I love Adam Dunn he's the greatest hitter since Killebrew.

The issue is that if they trade him his option for next year is voided so it's basically a 4 month rental at this point.

jmcclain19
06-07-2007, 07:08 PM
Homer & Eddie Guardado need to be added to the 40 man any day now.

Wouldn't put too much weight on this

IslandRed
06-07-2007, 09:02 PM
The issue is that if they trade him his option for next year is voided so it's basically a 4 month rental at this point.

Contracts can be amended. If Dunn liked the team trying to trade for him, he might be willing to work with the Reds and take out the void clause in return for having the option picked up now, assuming that's what the other team wanted to do.

pedro
06-07-2007, 09:06 PM
Contracts can be amended. If Dunn liked the team trying to trade for him, he might be willing to work with the Reds and take out the void clause in return for having the option picked up now, assuming that's what the other team wanted to do.

It does add a layer of complication though and does limit the Reds options quite a bit. There are several teams I'd guess Adam wouldn't accept a trade to under those conditions.

IslandRed
06-07-2007, 11:09 PM
It does add a layer of complication though and does limit the Reds options quite a bit. There are several teams I'd guess Adam wouldn't accept a trade to under those conditions.

You're probably right. But the Reds would get a better return if Dunn was less of a short-term rental, so it would behoove them to try if they can.

Matt700wlw
06-07-2007, 11:09 PM

Your theory is less fun :)

KronoRed
06-07-2007, 11:30 PM

Eddie is due back? thought he was still getting hit in his rehab assignments

jmcclain19
06-08-2007, 12:48 AM
Eddie is due back? thought he was still getting hit in his rehab assignments

You get 30 days from the start of your rehab assignments - and he started just about 10 days ago. Maybe Krivsky is just making the move now in hopes of keeping Shack while everyone else is busy with the draft

Danny Serafini
06-08-2007, 10:08 AM
Maybe Oakland is sending over the player they still owe for Denorfia? It was supposed to be someone near Major League ready, so they would likely need a 40 man spot. With the timing of the move right around the draft, it could be a reasonably advanced college player Oakland took last year. Now that it's been a year since last year's draft those draftees would be able to be traded. Just speculating.