PDA

View Full Version : What a Gem by Lohse tonite

captainmorgan07
06-07-2007, 10:40 PM
what a job by kyle lohse tonite that's the kinda start you need when your trieng to avoid a sweep. He had good control all nite and he deserves a few pats on the back for this effort.

Topcat
06-07-2007, 10:49 PM
Lohse is a regular Jekyl and Hyde sheesh !

George Foster
06-07-2007, 11:02 PM
Lohse is a regular Jekyl and Hyde sheesh !

When he gets ahead, and keeps it down in the zone, he's good. He needs to put together a good string of outings.

UK Reds Fan
06-07-2007, 11:15 PM
The guy has been solid as a #3 or #4 for us this year and was decent last year for the Reds. Nice pickup by Wayne K that filled a good need for us, especiallly with Arroyo going south on us this year.

Handofdeath
06-07-2007, 11:19 PM
When he gets ahead, and keeps it down in the zone, he's good. He needs to put together a good string of outings.

He's now leading the starters in ERA. It's at 4.22 right now. Geez, that's terrible. But, I swear at times he's flat out dominated. Counting tonight, that's 4 starts he's given up 1 run or less. 8 out of 13 starts he's given up 3 or less. Like you said he just needs to string them together.

nw_ohio_fan
06-08-2007, 12:06 AM
Hopefully this is a start for the pitching staff. I think we all know their potential. Belisle has been solid and Harang is good. Let's see Homer next. Then let's hope Bronson finds his magic again.

Jr's Boy
06-08-2007, 02:34 AM
First pitch strikes do the job every time.:cool:

nate
06-08-2007, 08:07 AM
He had some good D out there too. Two key double plays in situations that were about to go sideways really helped.

I haven't looked it up but I think 4.22 is probably right at or below league average. If we could _just_ get league average pitching, we'd win the division.

minus5
06-08-2007, 09:15 AM
I can't recall for sure but isn't this the 2nd start in a row for Lohse where he has been very good? Wasn't his last one a complete game?

bucksfan2
06-08-2007, 09:44 AM
I would bite the bullet right now and try and work out a 3 year deal with Lohse. He is inconsistant but at the right price would be a good 4th starter.

UC_Ken
06-08-2007, 09:47 AM
I would bite the bullet right now and try and work out a 3 year deal with Lohse. He is inconsistant but at the right price would be a good 4th starter.

You're not going to get the right price, I believe he's a Boras client. Best case scenario for him to stay hot and trade him at the deadline.

RedsFanInMD
06-08-2007, 10:57 AM
The problem with Lohse isn't the average-to-above average 4.22 ERA. It's how it is distributed. That is, on one night he'll give up 1 run or less -- and then turn around and give up 6 or 7 runs in his next outing. That's the kind of inconsistency that drives managers nuts. The good news is that he HAS been quite consistent in his last 3 starts. Hopefully that means that he's turned the corner. If that is the case, he's the kind of player we should be looking at signing to a long term deal rather than trading at the deadline.

captainmorgan07
06-08-2007, 12:26 PM
if lohse can continue to be consistent over the ladder part of the season i would not object to wayne signing him to an extension. A roatation of harang arroyo lohse belisle and bailey sounds pretty good to me i dunno about the rest of u

AmarilloRed
06-09-2007, 03:11 PM
It was posted some time ago Lohse is open to an extension. I said then, and I'll say now, if Krisky can work out a deal; the Reds should sign him for a couple years. He can be inconsistant, but we could still use him in our rotation.