PDA

View Full Version : Reds.com confused about their own player

smith288
06-08-2007, 10:38 AM
This is just an example of the state of things from the Reds organization.

I know MLB runs all team sites now but this shouldn't be acceptable at all...

Juan Encarnacion hit the 2 run homer last night? :bang:

Chip R
06-08-2007, 10:39 AM

I get confused too when I'm following the game on Gameday.

Heath
06-08-2007, 10:44 AM

Well, Juan DID play for the Reds..........

MrCinatit
06-08-2007, 11:00 AM
I did not get a chance to see the homer - maybe it bounced off Juan's head?

smith288
06-08-2007, 11:23 AM
Good news is that a Kate replied to my email about the error and having it fixed and thanked me for helping. The bad news is that they dont have direct control over the content on their own homepage.

Lame.

redsfan30
06-08-2007, 11:31 AM
It's sad when the Reds team website is just about the last place I go if I want to see what's going on with the team.

HotCorner
06-08-2007, 11:43 AM
At least is wasn't a picture of Eddie Guardardo. ;)

Redsland
06-08-2007, 12:01 PM
:laugh:

Chip R
06-08-2007, 12:02 PM
That would have been funny if it were a picture of Guardado with the caption of Juan Encarnacion. :lol:

redsmetz
06-08-2007, 01:19 PM

If this keeps up, they'll need to put this picture up for EE

http://img.search.com/7/79/Album_no_respect.jpg

KittyDuran
06-08-2007, 01:37 PM
IIRC... didn't this happen before? :thumbdown

HotCorner
06-08-2007, 01:43 PM
IIRC... didn't this happen before? :thumbdown

Yes hence my ;)

Ltlabner
06-08-2007, 05:05 PM
Good news is that a Kate replied to my email about the error and having it fixed and thanked me for helping. The bad news is that they dont have direct control over the content on their own homepage.

Lame.

How's that lame? You really think MLB is going to let all the teams manage their own website and let them do whatever they want with it? MLB is going to want to have a consitant presentation, and everybody using the same formatting, layout, etc. And the Reds mostly likely don't want to have a staff person dedicated soley to updating the websites during the games. That's a task better left to MLB (whom I'm guessing contracts that out to someone else. Wild guess there).

The mistakes are lame, definatley, agree with you 100%. But to say this is another instance of the Reds being lame is quite a strech.

Matt700wlw
06-08-2007, 05:09 PM
Well, Juan DID play for the Reds..........

And at some point, he probably DID hit a 2 run homer...

smith288
06-08-2007, 05:18 PM
How's that lame? You really think MLB is going to let all the teams manage their own website and let them do whatever they want with it? MLB is going to want to have a consitant presentation, and everybody using the same formatting, layout, etc. And the Reds mostly likely don't want to have a staff person dedicated soley to updating the websites during the games. That's a task better left to MLB (whom I'm guessing contracts that out to someone else. Wild guess there).

The mistakes are lame, definatley, agree with you 100%. But to say this is another instance of the Reds being lame is quite a strech.
I didnt say lame as an indictment of the Reds in this instance. Its lame because they apparently dont even have a say in which highlight to show.

Its like the Reds dont even monitor their own official homepage. THAT is lame.

I dont mean to single out just the Reds as its across the board for all teams. Its lame that some marketing dork in NY is most likely populating the homepage with this stuff and it apparently doesnt even have a somewhat rigorous editing process to make sure its factual.

KronoRed
06-08-2007, 05:22 PM
Its like the Reds dont even monitor their own official homepage. THAT is lame.

It's all about promoting the LEAGUE (the big market clubs)

Heath
06-08-2007, 05:30 PM
It's all about promoting the Yankees and Red Sox.

Fixed Krono.