PDA

View Full Version : BA Chat Today

New Fever
06-08-2007, 02:14 PM
A question from their chat today:

Q: Mike from Syracuse, NY asks:
Who do you think has had the best draft so far? The Rangers have accumulated a number of quality arms, IMO.

A: John Manuel: I like what the Reds have done but agree the Rangers have been very solid so far. I'm a big Mike Main guy and Blake Beavan at 17 was very solid. They added arms and athletes so far, a draft they needed to go well is off to a good start. I have not been on the Toronto tip for a while, but in terms of first days, I thought they had the best one--diverse, premium positions, no real reaches, just thought it was an excellent day.

New Fever
06-08-2007, 02:16 PM
Also someone asked:

Q: Ron from Dayton, Ohio asks:
Like every fan of every other team, I am going to ask a question you will hear a lot :). But what was your take on the Reds picks. In particular, Kyle Lotzkar and Todd Frazier? Also, what are your thoughts on Mesoraco. How does his potential compare to Wieters (impact in the bigs) and other recently drafted catchers in the past 5 or 10 years? He seems to have the entire package.

A: John Manuel: I'm really liking the way this draft is shaping up. Mesoraco at 15 is pretty darn good; I'm a Lotzkar fan, love the projectable Canadian power righty, he's also young and has now stuff. Soto, Frazier and Cozart all were guys we were hearing could go in the second round range and they got them all. Good early returns in Cincinnati.

jesusfan
06-08-2007, 02:21 PM
Good to hear!

Benihana
06-08-2007, 02:32 PM
no, Great to hear!