PDA

View Full Version : Your Worst Fantasy Decision

Dom Heffner
06-09-2007, 04:59 PM
For me, it was dropping Chipper Jones last week when reading he was going to be out "several weeks."

They are already talking about bringing him back.

I have Atkins and Encarnacion, so I have depth, but I want to go throw up right now.

Anybody else ever pull a Dom Heffner?

NorrisHopper30
06-09-2007, 05:12 PM
Drafting Curt Schilling first pick overall 5 or so years back when he was injured the whole year.

Buckeye33
06-09-2007, 07:32 PM
My worst mistake this season was dropping Russell Martin early in the year for a reason I can not recall.

jmcclain19
06-09-2007, 09:08 PM
Trading Hanley Ramirez for Adam Dunn after going the 1st month with a team that was dead last by a long shot in HR & RBIs.

My league is straight 5x5 roto, and I'm still leaps and bounds in HR - but now my lead in AVG & steals have vanished and I'm still stuck in the basement.

I usually don't get pissed at myself for moves, but that's one of them.

Last year I dropped Adam LaRoche in my NL only keeper league after two bad weeks and he went on to have a monster year, for someone else.

camisadelgolf
06-10-2007, 01:29 AM
A few weeks ago, I traded Brian Roberts, Michael Young, and Adrian Gonzalez for Brandon Webb. All three of those guys were on my bench, but I should've gotten much more value for those three players. Last week, the guy traded Michael Young for John Lackey.

Dom Heffner
06-10-2007, 03:19 AM
Yeah, I also traded Curtis Granderson this year before the season started and dropped Cory Hart.

I'm brilliant.

redsfanfalcon
06-10-2007, 09:27 AM
I traded away Prince Fielder last year in a keeper league...he was 20 bucks to keep in a 260 cap. This trade sealed the league for me, though. I needed steals and saves, and this trade moved me up in both categories tremendously. I also have Ryan Howard. I still cringe every time I see that Fielder hit a home run, which so far is like 22 times this year. :bang:

HumnHilghtFreel
06-10-2007, 09:45 AM
I have never made a bad decision. Ever. I'm a genius.

Oh, but I did get BJ Upton with the last pick in one of my leagues this year and then dropped him for an extra pitcher before the season started. I'm still regretting that one.

Dom Heffner
06-10-2007, 01:05 PM
I'm still sick over Chipper. I didn't realize "will miss several weeks" meant he'd be back in 2.

Hollcat
06-10-2007, 05:14 PM
Dropped Bill Hall last year after he only had 6 at bats the first week.

Dom Heffner
06-10-2007, 06:14 PM
Dropped Bill Hall last year after he only had 6 at bats the first week.

Well I just dropped his sorry butt this week. I don't care if he hits 30 the rest of the way, I'm over the dude.

How he can't hit in that lineup is beyond me.

Dom Heffner
06-10-2007, 06:16 PM
Oh, but I did get BJ Upton with the last pick in one of my leagues this year and then dropped him for an extra pitcher before the season started. I'm still regretting that one.

Upton can't keep this up. I wouldn't stress over it too bad.

HumnHilghtFreel
06-10-2007, 07:04 PM
Upton can't keep this up. I wouldn't stress over it too bad.

I expect a decline too, but man I could have used some of that production lol

Dom Heffner
06-10-2007, 10:00 PM
They are now saying Chipper is back on Tuesday. I should sue somebody.

REDblooded
06-11-2007, 09:26 AM
First year Johan Santana was a starter, I drafted him around round 12-15 in every league I was in. His ERA was in the 4's two months in, and though I loved his K's, I cut him loose in almost every league I was in. I then got to watch him become the most dominant pitcher in the game the rest of the season.

pokeyfan
06-11-2007, 09:56 AM
I traded Prince Fielder and Barry Zito for Paul Konerko and Johan Santana two weeks ago. I felt like Fielder was going to cool down (he had 17 HR's at the time), and Zito was too up and down for me. I felt like Konerko HAD to get better, and Santana was underachieving. I traded Fielder to a guy who i was playing head up the next week, and Fielder hit 4 or 5 homeruns against me after i traded him. I'm not sure if it was a bad trade, but it was definitely bad timing.

On a Chipper Jones note, some goofball in my league dropped him after the first week of the season....let's just say, he was probably my best waiver wire pickup so far.

REDblooded
06-11-2007, 10:16 AM
bad timing. Johan is right on track for what he normally does in his career. You'll be loving the deal come august

camisadelgolf
06-11-2007, 10:31 AM
Wow, ouch. You win.

Caseyfan21
06-11-2007, 11:10 AM
Yeah, I've had a few bad ones this season. I picked BJ Ryan early in the draft this year (I think the first pitcher I took) and that turned out well.

I also picked Griffey up right when he got hot but then he went through a mini slump so I dropped him and someone else got him and he's back to doing well.

Homer Bailey
06-11-2007, 11:37 AM
DRAFTED LIRIANO LAST YEAR!!!!

and dropped him....

Benihana
06-11-2007, 02:17 PM
not picking up Hunter Pence to save a roster spot for...

Eddie Guardado

I also dropped Brandon Phillips in April, but at least I picked up Orlando Hudson instead.