PDA

View Full Version : cd give away sunday

toledodan
06-10-2007, 12:42 AM
i won't be able to make it to the game sunday but would be interested in a copy of the cd they will be giving out. if anyone could help me with this please PM me or just respond to the thread. i grew up taping the highlights on 700 wlw sportstalk and would love to have the cd of classic calls. thanks in advance.

WVRedsFan
06-10-2007, 01:16 AM
i won't be able to make it to the game sunday but would be interested in a copy of the cd they will be giving out. if anyone could help me with this please PM me or just respond to the thread. i grew up taping the highlights on 700 wlw sportstalk and would love to have the cd of classic calls. thanks in advance.

Since I span the years from Waite Hoyt to today, i'd sure like to have the CD. Unfortunately, i can't be there, but I imagine the Reds will offer it on their website or in the HOF anyway. At least I hope so...!

Yachtzee
06-10-2007, 08:04 AM
That does look like a pretty cool CD. However, I think it's a little crazy to give out CDs as poorly as this team is lplaying. Don't want to reenact "Disco Demolition Night" do we?

GAC
06-10-2007, 08:06 AM
Must have those give aways to get the fans to the stadium. I wonder how many of them are going to end up like frisbees at the ballpark? ;)

Heath
06-10-2007, 08:08 AM
..or how many willl show up for the CD, walk out, and turn around and sell it on ebay.

GAC
06-10-2007, 08:11 AM
..or how many willl show up for the CD, walk out, and turn around and sell it on ebay.

So how much are you going to charge for yours? :mooner:

I'll trade you a Bronson Arroyo hat/wig for it.

Heath
06-10-2007, 08:22 AM
So how much are you going to charge for yours? :mooner:

I'll trade you a Bronson Arroyo hat/wig for it.

AHHHHHHHHH MY EYES!!! NOT SO EARLY THIS AM

RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

:devil:

Hap
06-10-2007, 10:13 AM
Please remember that it is ok for someone to copy something (s)he has legally obtained. Unlimited copies can be produced at the descretion of the legal owner.

Chip R
06-10-2007, 10:21 AM
That does look like a pretty cool CD. However, I think it's a little crazy to give out CDs as poorly as this team is lplaying. Don't want to reenact "Disco Demolition Night" do we?

They'd have to get a pile of CDs in the middle of the field and blow them up in order to do that. I don't think the county would be too pleased with the Reds doing that to their stadium.

GAC
06-10-2007, 10:25 AM
Please remember that it is ok for someone to copy something (s)he has legally obtained. Unlimited copies can be produced at the descretion of the legal owner.

I don't know about that. There is usually a warning on CDs/DVDs, etc., that tells one that it is a violation of federal law to duplicate the product under any circumstances.

Yachtzee
06-10-2007, 11:38 AM
They'd have to get a pile of CDs in the middle of the field and blow them up in order to do that. I don't think the county would be too pleased with the Reds doing that to their stadium.

Well, I figured the Reds bullpen will supply the "blowing up." <rimshot />

toledodan
06-10-2007, 11:45 AM
I don't know about that. There is usually a warning on CDs/DVDs, etc., that tells one that it is a violation of federal law to duplicate the product under any circumstances.

i was wanting a extra copy if someone had extras from other family members who went as well. also you are correct its a violation to copy and give them away. of course that never happens.:evil:

Matt700wlw
06-10-2007, 11:46 AM
Somebody from work is supposed to be getting me one....I hope they pull through.

Being a young whipper snapper, I've never heard Waite Hoyte's calls.

TeamBoone
06-10-2007, 05:05 PM

I hope you're not serious. The CD isn't being given out because of the team on the field today, but rather as a tribute to the three broadcasters that were honored prior to today's game.

And it's definitely an appropriate thing to do.

WVRedsFan
06-10-2007, 05:10 PM
Somebody from work is supposed to be getting me one....I hope they pull through.

Being a young whipper snapper, I've never heard Waite Hoyte's calls.
I doubt you'll think they are very good. Even now, I wonder what all the fuss was, but I wouldn't miss a game because Hoyt was Hoyt. His stories are legendary, but that was mostly during rain delays. Hearing the voice again today took me back to the days when my dad and I listened to games together. It was a very nice trip, too. Waite Hoyt was Reds baseball to me when I was in junior high through high school. That's important to me.

Yachtzee
06-10-2007, 05:29 PM
I hope you're not serious. The CD isn't being given out because of the team on the field today, but rather as a tribute to the three broadcasters that were honored prior to today's game.

And it's definitely an appropriate thing to do.

I was just kidding around about the Disco Demolition night, but CDs do make nice projectiles and didn't mean it in the sense of what people thought of the CDs or their contents. While you and I might find it to be a nice keepsake, all it takes is a bad call on the field for some yahoos to decide they want to play a little "frisbee" with the umpires.

Redsland
06-11-2007, 11:55 AM
I've got one CD, free to a good home.

EDIT: Never mind. It's been claimed.

Joseph
06-11-2007, 11:59 AM
I've got an extra one as well. Anyone who wants it, just PM me. First come first served.

Edit: Mine's gone.

toledodan
06-11-2007, 01:58 PM
kitty has one for me! thanks again!

GriffeyFan
06-11-2007, 05:25 PM
They had tons left over. I could have grabbed 50 of them when we walked out. I do have one copy that I kept. I'm not real interested in keeping it if someone wants it.

Hap
06-11-2007, 06:30 PM
Someone can upload it to some web space and then PM me the URL and I can download it.:help::birthday::pray: