PDA

View Full Version : how about this 3-way deal idea between Dodgers/Reds/Pirates???

redsfan4445
06-13-2007, 08:32 AM
I was thinking,, The Dodgers might want Dunn and i like what they have but i also like Jason Bay.. how about this

Dodgers get :
Dunn(LF) (from Reds)
Coffey (RP)(from Reds)
Prospect from Pirates

Reds get:
Bay (LF)(from Pirates)
Broxton (RP)(From L.A.)
Billingsly(SP)(From L.A.)

Pirates get
Kemp (OF)(From L.A.)
Travis Wood (SP)(from Reds)
Brad Salmon RP(from REDS)

Razor Shines
06-13-2007, 08:38 AM
Jason Bay is very cheap all the way through 2009, I can't imagine why the Pirates would give him up. But yeah I'd take that deal if we could get it.

HotCorner
06-13-2007, 09:26 AM
No chance. The Pirates get royaly screwed in that deal. Why would the Pirates trade Bay for that type of return?

Krusty
06-13-2007, 09:27 AM
I doubt the Dodgers would part with Kemp, Broxton and Billingsley all in the same deal.

PuffyPig
06-13-2007, 10:02 AM
I doubt that the Pirates trade Bay simply because " you like him".

Because that could be their only reason to do the above.They aren't going to tade Bay without getting back some major pieces.

Bay, Broxton and Billingsley (along with Dunn, who's probably 3rd) have, arguably, the greatest trade value of the players involved , and we get 3 of the top 4.

schroomytunes
06-13-2007, 10:05 AM
That trade is very lopsided towards us, and yes the pirates get screwed in that deal, but the return would be great in a fantasy world. If Dunn is moved to the Dodgers it would be in a deal more like this IMHO.

Reds Trade:
1)Adam Dunn(LF)-The Dodgers get their true middle of the order power bat that they have been lacking.

2)Kyle Lohse(SP)-They get a cheap back end of the rotation guy who will be a FA after the year that will help solidify the rotation to make the push for the division/wild card. Lohse would benefit from playing in Dodger stadium, and is a California native too.

Dodgers Trade:
1)Andre Ethier-The Reds get a good young solid hitter who can play the corner outfield position, and would probably bat #2 or #6 in the batting order. He is capable of hitting 15-20 hr's driving in 80+ runs and hitting .280+

2)Chad Billingsley-The Reds get a young 23yr old righty who can take over the #5 spot in the rotation immediately, and allows them to be set in the rotation in the years to come. This allows them to focus on acquiring bats for 08, and bullpen help.

3)Johnathon Meloan- A 23yr old righty reliever who has the tools to be a closer in the big leagues. Currently in AA, and is one of the better reliever prospects in the minors. Would at worst be a set-up man in the majors.

RedsManRick
06-13-2007, 10:20 AM
You guys do realize that the Dodgers have 6 starters right now and don't need a 7th.

Johnny Footstool
06-13-2007, 10:34 AM
I was thinking,, The Dodgers might want Dunn and i like what they have but i also like Jason Bay.. how about this

Dodgers get :
Dunn(LF) (from Reds)
Coffey (RP)(from Reds)
Prospect from Pirates

Reds get:
Bay (LF)(from Pirates)
Broxton (RP)(From L.A.)
Billingsly(SP)(From L.A.)

Pirates get
Kemp (OF)(From L.A.)
Travis Wood (SP)(from Reds)
Brad Salmon RP(from REDS)

Dodgers get:
Bay

Pirates get:
Broxton
Billingsly
Kemp

Why would they need to involve the Reds at all?

Krusty
06-13-2007, 11:21 AM
How about it just being Dunn for Kemp and Broxton and don't include the Pirates?

pedro
06-13-2007, 11:23 AM
If Jason bay wee to be on the move in a trade the Dodgers wouldn't even bother with DUNN IMO.

KoryMac5
06-13-2007, 11:31 AM
If Bay were to be traded the fans would burn PNC park down to the ground.

Johnny Footstool
06-13-2007, 11:49 AM
How about it just being Dunn for Kemp and Broxton and don't include the Pirates?

I'd do that deal.

RedEye
06-13-2007, 04:57 PM
If the Reds got Bay, Broxton and Billingsley in one deal while only losing Dunn and Coffey, we would have to coronate Wayne best GM ever. That is, it's NEVER going to happen.

flyer85
06-13-2007, 05:07 PM
How about it just being Dunn for Kemp and Broxton and don't include the Pirates?I can't see the Dodgers trading Broxton, he is too important to the current team.

I think they would deal Billingsley but I am not sure they would part with Kemp either as they lack RH OF bats.

WVRed
06-13-2007, 05:18 PM
If Bay were to be traded the fans would burn PNC park down to the ground.

Not so much. If the Steelers traded Roethlisberger, that might be the case. Football is still supreme in Steeltown.

I think any deal involving the Dodgers would have to start around Clayton Kershaw or Andy LaRoche(even though we have Edwin). I'm not even sure if Clayton can be moved. Billingsley would be nice too though.

PuffyPig
06-13-2007, 05:39 PM
I can't see the Dodgers trading Broxton, he is too important to the current team.

I think they would deal Billingsley but I am not sure they would part with Kemp either as they lack RH OF bats.

I agree.

I assume that any deal with the Dodgers has to be for parts they don't really need for 2007 (that's the nature of deadline deals).

I assume the most likely major or near-major league players they can live without are Billingsley and Ethier.

RedEye
06-13-2007, 06:15 PM
I agree.

I assume that any deal with the Dodgers has to be for parts they don't really need for 2007 (that's the nature of deadline deals).

I assume the most likely major or near-major league players they can live without are Billingsley and Ethier.

I would do Dunn for Ethier-Billingsley. That's exactly the type of trade we need, actually.

flyer85
06-13-2007, 06:17 PM
I would do Dunn for Ethier-Billingsley. That's exactly the type of trade we need, actually.I would do it for Kemp instead of Ethier. Reds are a bit loaded with lefty bats.

StillFunkyB
06-13-2007, 06:44 PM
Can Kemp be a leadoff hitter?

The Reds need a true leadoff hitter. If they could trade Dunn for someone that has the ability to do so, and obtain a decent young pitcher as well I would be all for it.

jojo
06-13-2007, 07:27 PM
The Pirates really don't need pitching prospects. They need theirs to grow up without arm troubles.

Jaycint
06-13-2007, 09:33 PM
Can Kemp be a leadoff hitter?

The Reds need a true leadoff hitter. If they could trade Dunn for someone that has the ability to do so, and obtain a decent young pitcher as well I would be all for it.

The last couple years he has had a decent OBP in the minors but it looks to be primarily BA driven. Doesn't seem to take enough walks to be a great leadoff man IMO.