PDA

View Full Version : Foxsports bit on Votto and LF

reds44
06-13-2007, 10:24 PM
Wasn't sure where to post this, so hopefully this is the right spot.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/teamReport?categoryId=71603&type=InsideSlant

First baseman Joey Votto is learning left field at Class AAA Louisville. Coincidence?

The annual Adam Dunn trade rumor is circulating baseball this week. Isn't he a left fielder?
Votto had two hits Monday and a stolen base (No. 7), and he is hitting .314. He had played seven games in left field, 50 at first base. "We're having him play left field so he can play more than one position. He has improved light years," general manager Wayne Krivsky said.

Any hangup would involve Dunn's contract. It expires after this season, making him a free agent. The Reds have a $13 million, one-year option, but if he gets traded, that goes away, meaning his new team would have to sign him to a new contract or risk losing him to free agency.

"If every rumored trade came true, I'd have been out of here in 2002," Dunn said. "And I can't control what happens, so why concern myself with it? I don't want to think about it because it affects me, and I'm not going to let it affect me.

"This is not something new, not like my name never has been brought up in trade rumors. And it's the same teams every year. First time I heard it was '02-'03, and I thought sure I was going to be traded because I heard it.

"Then I heard it in '04, '05, '06 and now I hear it in '07. I'll believe it when I see it. I've said it from Day One: I'd like to stay here, but I know how this game is and how it works."

Not a whole lot of new news there, but a tidbit.