PDA

View Full Version : Reds HOF has free admission for 44 days...

KittyDuran
06-14-2007, 07:53 AM
The Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame and Museum is celebrating Pete Rose’s 44-game hitting streak with free admission to fans with a same-day ticket to a Reds home game from June 14 through July 31. In 1978, Rose’s hit streak started on June 14 and continued through July 31 before being snapped on August 1. Rose’s playing career is currently being honored with the PETE exhibit at the Reds Hall of Fame.

Johnny Footstool
06-14-2007, 09:39 AM
I though it was free to begin with...shows what I know.

Anyway, that's good news. The money saved will mean an extra beer for me!

Joseph
06-14-2007, 09:46 AM
It really is a wonderful exhibit to Pete for those of you who appreciate history. We went through last weekend, lots of jerseys, hats, bats, and a wonderful display of the balls leading up to 4192 right in the entry area as you come in. the balls all climb up to the bat used to hit 4192 and its really nice to see.

His World series rings from 75 and 76 are in there too, as are some interesting documents like a questionnaire form Pete filled out when he was interested in baseball. There are personal photos like one of him and JB in the army reserve together [or maybe it was the national guard] which really was neat to see.

Additionally there are a lot of the products he endorsed during his career with the ads he was featured in including the macaroni and cheese box I remembered from when I was a kid. It was great to see again for some reason.

I'm selling it way short, its really impressive. We spent over an hour in there and didn't even realize it, and I'd been to the HoF before, so it was mostly Pete that kept us in there so long.

I urge anyone who hasn't seen it to go.

camisadelgolf
06-14-2007, 12:29 PM
They did a wonderful job. I'm making it a point to get back out there.

macro
06-14-2007, 12:58 PM
I take it that the Pete exhibit is temporary? How long will it be there? I'd like to make it up to see it before it's removed.

Matt700wlw
06-14-2007, 01:01 PM
I may have to take advantage of this.....

Joseph
06-14-2007, 01:04 PM
I may have to take advantage of this.....

If you live there and you don't I will kick you. :)

Ok, I won't kick you, but you'll kick yourself I'm sure.

Macro, I *think* the exhibit lasts all season and into next April.

macro
06-14-2007, 03:37 PM
Okay, here's the official word: it runs through next February...

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/cin/ballpark/museum/galleries.jsp

The PETE exhibit will the be the first in the "Changing Exhibits Gallery". It's hard to imagine how they could ever top this.

Redsland
06-14-2007, 03:54 PM
The same way they replaced him last time:

KNIGHT

Or more recently:

HELMS

:)