PDA

View Full Version : Majewski's comment last month

icehole3
06-14-2007, 07:23 PM
A friend of mine at work says Magic man made a comment about coming back to the majors and showing everybody something. Is this true? Im wondering what he meant by that, anyone hear this?

Tornon
06-14-2007, 07:26 PM
I hadn't heard this, but isn't that kind of what everyone says after an injury-marred year? I'm gonna go back to the majors & show everyone what I can do

icehole3
06-14-2007, 07:28 PM
I hadn't heard this, but isn't that kind of what everyone says after an injury-marred year? I'm gonna go back to the majors & show everyone what I can do

I agree, if I was coming back I'd be anxious as well.

Joseph
06-14-2007, 07:29 PM
He did, if I recall, on Daugherty's show.

WVPacman
06-14-2007, 07:36 PM
A friend of mine at work says Magic man made a comment about coming back to the majors and showing everybody something.

Hey guys I don't know about you but im still waiting b/c I hav'nt seen nothing.

corkedbat
06-14-2007, 07:39 PM
"If I go up there and do half of what I did (in 2005 when he was with Washington), then I'd be happy ... and shove it up everybody's ass."

Ltlabner
06-14-2007, 07:40 PM
Whatever it is he is showing us, I wish he would stop.

paulrichjr
06-14-2007, 07:45 PM
Surely Narron has seen enough. Don't you think? Hello... Anyone agree?

membengal
06-14-2007, 07:54 PM
Whatever it is he's shoving up our collective orifices, I definitely wish he would stop.

It's very unpleasant.

traderumor
06-14-2007, 07:59 PM
He should not pitch another inning for this ballclub short of a desparate need in a pinch due to injury or bereavement emergency. Flipping he and Salmon seems easy enough to me.

flyer85
06-14-2007, 08:13 PM
Reds need to rent the A's turd polisher.

BuckeyeRedleg
06-14-2007, 08:21 PM
If Majewski is not on his way to Louisville or DFA'd by morning, I will have lost any of the remaining shred of hope I had for this organization.

redsrule2500
06-14-2007, 08:31 PM
He's showing us he's a joke of a player. Why didn't Wayne bring in McBeth?

Maybe WAYNE is controlling more of the game than we know....*cue Twilight Zone music*

KronoRed
06-14-2007, 11:29 PM
He's shown us alright

vaticanplum
06-14-2007, 11:32 PM
A friend of mine at work says Magic man made a comment about coming back to the majors and showing everybody something. Is this true? Im wondering what he meant by that, anyone hear this?

Whenever a young lad talks about how he is going to show you something big, run for the hills, young grasshopper. If it's impressive enough, he doesn't need to talk about it.

macro
06-15-2007, 12:09 AM

corkedbat has the correct quote, and there is a thread running on The Sun Deck about it, as well:

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57917

That thread dates back to the middle of last month, before the site changes were made, so there are comments from ORG members in there, too.

jojo
06-15-2007, 12:14 AM

Maybe he had this in mind????????

:mooner:

smith288
06-15-2007, 12:45 AM
He is showing me poor pitch location and ineffective execution...

Its not what I had in mind and my arse hurts...

Cyclone792
06-15-2007, 02:38 AM
Watching Majewski, I'm sort of reminded of when Danny Graves just went into the toilet overnight starting in August, 2004. Graves was a sinkerball pitcher, and he had a similar arsenal as Majewski. Before Majewski, Graves was the last guy I've seen who has gotten hit this hard.

Starting in August, 2004, it was almost as if Graves' arm said "I've had enough," and his big league career was pretty much torched at that point. It really makes me wonder - whether it's due to abuse from Frank Robinson in Washington and/or other factors - if Majewski's arm is simply saying "I've had enough," and whether or not he'll ever be a big league reliever once again, much less an effective big league reliever.

Guacarock
06-15-2007, 03:58 AM
I caught the meltdown in Denver June 3 when a quartet of Reds' relievers (Coutlangus, Majewski, Weathers and Santos) tossed away a game we had once led by a score of 8-2. Majewski was easily the most hittable of those pitchers, although Coutlangus was wild, Santos skittish and erratic, and Weather also got roughed up. Cumulatively, it ranked as perhaps the ugliest Reds bullpen performance I ever had the misfortune to see up close and personal.

You can't demote a pitcher based on one lousy outing, but Majewski has now been scorched over and over again. He's toast and ought to go back to Louisville. Hard to say if he can rebuild his confidence or his arm, but it's painfully obvious he doesn't belong on the Reds' ML roster, and certainly can't be trusted to handle setup duties in close, late games. Maybe Salmon should get the recall, or Krivsky can just wait a few days until Guardado is ready for his latest comeback bid.

In addition to dropping Majewski, it's time to DFA Santos. His low ERA early in the season was deceptive. He allowed scads of inherited runners to score, they just got charged to someone else's account. Lately, his ERA has climbed rapidly, maybe not to Majewski's Himalayan heights, but still accurately reflecting Santos' marginal pitching.

I'd hand over his roster spot to one of the southpaw starters at Louisville -- Livingston, Gosling or Dumatrait. True, that would tilt our bullpen a little heavily to the left, given Guardado's imminent arrival. But with Milton out for the season, we don't have a lefty in the rotation. I'd use Santos' spot starter/long relief slot to let Livingston, Gosling and Dumatrait audition. We need to see who might implode, and who might rise to the occasion, if inserted into the rotation. Lohse could soon be gone, and whether we want to face it or not, Bailey could require more seasoning.

We lose little cutting Santos at this juncture. He got a fair shot based on his stellar spring, but he pretty much squandered the opportunity, reverting to his norm. The Pirates didn't consider that norm acceptable. Why should we?

Ron Madden
06-15-2007, 04:28 AM
Majewski has done nothing but hurt this Club.

The only reason he stll has a roster spot is to try and justify a terrible trade.

icehole3
06-15-2007, 07:34 AM
Maybe Salmon should get the recall, or Krivsky can just wait a few days until Guardado is ready for his latest comeback bid.

This has to be the game plan since he wasnt cut last night.

Ltlabner
06-15-2007, 08:02 AM
Starting in August, 2004, it was almost as if Graves' arm said "I've had enough," and his big league career was pretty much torched at that point. It really makes me wonder - whether it's due to abuse from Frank Robinson in Washington and/or other factors - if Majewski's arm is simply saying "I've had enough," and whether or not he'll ever be a big league reliever once again, much less an effective big league reliever.

I wonder if there are any skill sets amounst pitchers that are analogus to when a young player with old player skills suddenly crashes and burns? And if so, if those skill sets are simular in nature to Majic/Graves?

jojo
06-15-2007, 08:21 AM
I wonder if there are any skill sets amounst pitchers that are analogus to when a young player with old player skills suddenly crashes and burns? And if so, if those skill sets are simular in nature to Majic/Graves?

High BABIP, high HR/FB, and low LOB%.....when you get that *bad luck* trifecta it's past time to start hoping you've invested your paychecks wisely (Graves circa 2005)....

Strikes Out Looking
06-15-2007, 09:13 AM
Here is the plan, I imagine: Majic will be used very little (i.e. mop up this weekend) and sent down next week when Everyday Eddie comes back.

I think his problems are all in his head and that his arm has healed. From his comment that started this thread, I think he may be trying to hard and, therefore, getting blown out of the water.

Always Red
06-15-2007, 09:53 AM
Here is the plan, I imagine: Majic will be used very little (i.e. mop up this weekend) and sent down next week when Everyday Eddie comes back.

I think his problems are all in his head and that his arm has healed. From his comment that started this thread, I think he may be trying to hard and, therefore, getting blown out of the water.

I agree, I think his arm is fine; he's getting it up there in the 94 mph range, but he's lost movement and his location is terrible, as noted by may above.

I think you're right about trying too hard (it's in his head); maybe he's overthrowing now, which robs his ball of movement, and location?

I stuck up for Maj in threads over last weekend, but I can't any longer.

At any rate, he's not fooling anyone, and he's getting torched. Either bury him and sentence him to mop up duty, or send him to AAA. I'm not ready to cut him loose just yet; he may refind his groove, as he once was a good set up guy, just a year ago. If he can refind that spot, he can be serviceable again.

But you can't keep running him out there now, with the game on the line...

deltachi8
06-15-2007, 10:33 AM
Whenever a young lad talks about how he is going to show you something big, run for the hills, young grasshopper. If it's impressive enough, he doesn't need to talk about it.

:laugh:

Strikes Out Looking
06-15-2007, 10:37 AM
I agree, I think his arm is fine; he's getting it up there in the 94 mph range, but he's lost movement and his location is terrible, as noted by may above.

I think you're right about trying too hard (it's in his head); maybe he's overthrowing now, which robs his ball of movement, and location?

I stuck up for Maj in threads over last weekend, but I can't any longer.

At any rate, he's not fooling anyone, and he's getting torched. Either bury him and sentence him to mop up duty, or send him to AAA. I'm not ready to cut him loose just yet; he may refind his groove, as he once was a good set up guy, just a year ago. If he can refind that spot, he can be serviceable again.

But you can't keep running him out there now, with the game on the line...

Additionally, with the recent death of his sister, he's probably suffering a great deal of stress. The best thing for the Reds and Majic is to let him get himself back together in AAA.