PDA

View Full Version : Salmon up, Majewski down

Danny Serafini
06-15-2007, 02:20 PM
Per team press notes. Not the most shocking news, I'm sure.

pedro
06-15-2007, 02:27 PM
I thought a player had to be down for 10 days unless there was an injury. Salmon hasn't been down 10 days has he?

LincolnparkRed
06-15-2007, 02:32 PM
he was sent down on the 4th.

sonny
06-15-2007, 02:34 PM
I hope Majewski can get his head screwed on straight down there.

cumberlandreds
06-15-2007, 02:36 PM
Majewski hopefully down for the rest of the season at least.

registerthis
06-15-2007, 03:04 PM
Good riddance.

Hope Salmon can bring something, although a pitching machine would be an improvement over the nightly Mashing Majik Hit 'n Run Craptacular the Reds have been subjected to over the past few weeks.

Redsland
06-15-2007, 03:15 PM
Justice is served.

Rojo
06-15-2007, 03:23 PM
Macrapski.

Falls City Beer
06-15-2007, 03:28 PM
So that leaves:

Salmon
McBeth
Stanton
Weathers
Coffey
Coutlangus
Santos

Still a lot of the usual suspects, but at least they pulled the serial killer from the lineup.

pedro
06-15-2007, 03:29 PM
Macrapski.

I was thinking Mascrewski myself.

sonny
06-15-2007, 03:40 PM
Ma-LOU-ski

schroomytunes
06-15-2007, 04:02 PM
Well I am all for replacing guys that aren't getting the job done, but its a little harsh to be bashing a guy that's coming off an injury, The guy obviously is under alot of pressure to perform well to help justify the trade to show he is a quality guy out of the pen. I for one liked the trade to get him as he did perform well in Washington, and I think in time he will pan out for us, but right now he needs to regain that form, but not at the ML level.

Falls City Beer
06-15-2007, 04:05 PM
Well I am all for replacing guys that aren't getting the job done, but its a little harsh to be bashing a guy that's coming off an injury, The guy obviously is under alot of pressure to perform well to help justify the trade to show he is a quality guy out of the pen. I for one liked the trade to get him as he did perform well in Washington, and I think in time he will pan out for us, but right now he needs to regain that form, but not at the ML level.

Dude lied about the extent of his injury when coming over from Washington. Stugatz. No respect for that pig. I don't want him ever disgracing the GAB again.

RedEye
06-15-2007, 04:11 PM
I hope Majewski can get his head screwed on straight down there.

Hate to say it, but I don't think his problems are mental. He just isn't very good and never really has been.

westofyou
06-15-2007, 04:14 PM
http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=6353

# Gary Majewski is back pitching for the Reds, but the Reds have to hope that somehow, some way that the Commissioner's Office will reverse the trade that brought him to Cincinnati. (It's not going to happen.) Majewski may be throwing, but he's been patently awful, exhibiting every sign of someone still struggling with altered mechanics due to altered physiology. The Reds are just hoping that Majewski holds together long enough for them to have Eddie Guardado ready, not that Everyday Eddie's going to be what he used to be. Beyond Majewski, the Reds also got Bill Bray in the deal, and he's been pulled off his latest rehab assignment. If you want to see a bigger problem, check out Homer Bailey's control in his second outing. Even after being told he'd need to be more efficient, he wasn't.

lollipopcurve
06-15-2007, 04:46 PM
If you want to see a bigger problem, check out Homer Bailey's control in his second outing. Even after being told he'd need to be more efficient, he wasn't.

One BB through 6, then he walked the first 2 in the 7th when he was probably tired. Compared to 4 BB and 114 pitches through 5 in his first start. He was clearly more efficient -- sheesh.

gm
06-15-2007, 04:48 PM

Hard to be sympathetic after GM came up from AAA, claimed he was healthy and was now going to "stick it up..." everyone who had been critical of him last year?

I'd say the next step for Maj is...how about conforming to the Red's minor league appearance code?

TOBTTReds
06-15-2007, 04:55 PM
If you want to see a bigger problem, check out Homer Bailey's control in his second outing. Even after being told he'd need to be more efficient, he wasn't.

Not meant to hijack, but appearantly they didn't watch the game bc that is a pretty big blanket statement to make. Those who watched, or atleast followed his pitch counts per inning know that he was MUCH better than his first start. He ran into a lot trouble in the 2nd inning. He was also facing one of the top offenses in baseball.

registerthis
06-15-2007, 04:58 PM
Dude lied about the extent of his injury when coming over from Washington. Stugatz. No respect for that pig. I don't want him ever disgracing the GAB again.

Well no kidding.

And injury or not, he's been awful. Just awful. What are we supposed to say?

westofyou
06-15-2007, 05:22 PM
I'd say the next step for Maj is...how about conforming to the Red's minor league appearance code?

What's he not doing?

Big Klu
06-15-2007, 05:25 PM
What's he not doing?

I don't know, but I would guess that it has something to do with his hair. Currently he looks like an extra on Deadwood.

Matt700wlw
06-15-2007, 06:51 PM
Majewski hopefully down for the rest of the season at least.

Maybe he needs a shrink...to get his head right.

Not sure what to do about his arm... :p:

gm
06-15-2007, 06:58 PM
What's he not doing?

That "D’artanion look" has to go.

You've read Ball Four...you're only as smart as your ERA and if you suck Ron Plaza says "you better get a haircut"

No more medical rehab excuse for Maj, it's time to stop pretending he's a big-leaguer and get ready for an extennnded stay at camp Oester

KronoRed
06-15-2007, 07:30 PM
Lets hope this is the last we see of the magic man

Tony Cloninger
06-15-2007, 08:36 PM
Homer was way more efficient in his 2nd outing......lack of SO is a surprise...but he was very good .... in 5 out of the 6 innings he pitched.

LINEDRIVER
06-15-2007, 10:25 PM
Ive been waiting for 'superstition' to kick in with Maj thinking he should cut that mop to change his luck.

wally post
06-15-2007, 10:35 PM
Man, I think you guys are being rough on Maj. If you were traded for, and expected to be great - what kind of hammer would be over your head? You are expressing disjointed anger in my opinion. God knows I've done that at times!!!

But in this case, personally, I hope he gets back to not trying to be Superman and simply learns to hit his spots on the corners. I'm pulling for him, as I do for all of the Reds.
Go Reds!

pedro
06-16-2007, 12:26 AM
I think he's having elbow problems. supposedly when your having elbow issues it effects your stuff more than your velocity which certainly seems to be the case with majinkski.

LoganBuck
06-16-2007, 12:43 AM
I think he's having elbow problems. supposedly when your having elbow issues it effects your stuff more than your velocity which certainly seems to be the case with majinkski.

Yep, I have been thinking that since last year. Majewski arm is held together with scotch tape, elmer's glue, and advil.

mth123
06-16-2007, 06:29 AM
After last year's debacle it was pretty clear IMO. During September Maj had the "deer in the headlights" look everytime he came in the game. He had a few good outings, but the look never went away. I think the circumstances and results after the trade got in his head. I still think the guy could be an "ok if he's cheap" run of the mill 7th inning guy, but I thought it was obvious last year that it would never happen in Cincinnati. If he can go down and pitch a little and interest some one before the deadline then WK needs to make the deal. If no one is interested by the end of July, cut him loose and let him make his own way. The guy needs a fresh start.

Candy Cummings
06-16-2007, 09:10 AM
So that leaves:

Salmon
McBeth
Stanton
Weathers
Coffey
Coutlangus
Santos

Still a lot of the usual suspects, but at least they pulled the serial killer from the lineup.

Sounds like runs!