PDA

View Full Version : Who are the "winners" BobCast talks about?

Wheelhouse
06-17-2007, 11:31 PM
Often we hear BobCast talk about certain Reds as "winners"--I don't always agree with some of his choices...who are yours?

Wheelhouse
06-17-2007, 11:33 PM
My choices: Hatteberg, Conine, Hamilton, Gonzalez.

flyer85
06-17-2007, 11:38 PM
the best players

BCubb2003
06-17-2007, 11:43 PM
Winning is a team-dependent stat.

But we could probably figure out who has played in the most winning games. Stanton?

oneupper
06-18-2007, 02:58 PM
WPA says Scott Hatteberg, Brandon Phillips, Jr and Dunn.

In that order.

http://www.fangraphs.com/winss.aspx?team=Reds&season=2007

LoganBuck
06-18-2007, 03:03 PM
At the end of the last game of the season, BobCast, will have a short get together and while the players eat left over Dippin' Dots and concession stand pizza, they each will recieve a participation trophy, for all the effort this season. They are all winners in that very special way.

Heath
06-18-2007, 03:38 PM
WPA says Scott Hatteberg, Brandon Phillips, Jr and Dunn.

In that order.

http://www.fangraphs.com/winss.aspx?team=Reds&season=2007

.....which proves that there might be a market for a Scott Hatteberg come July 31.

Strikes Out Looking
06-18-2007, 03:52 PM
.....which proves that there might be a market for a Scott Hatteberg come July 31.

If I was BobCast, I'd think about making Hatteberg the player-manager immediately.

Razor Shines
06-18-2007, 04:05 PM
At the end of the last game of the season, BobCast, will have a short get together and while the players eat left over Dippin' Dots and concession stand pizza, they each will recieve a participation trophy, for all the effort this season. They are all winners in that very special way.

Well being on the Reds is more like being on that show The Biggest Loser: "No matter what happens everyone on this show is a loser."

KronoRed
06-18-2007, 05:21 PM

Deal him and call up Votto, I bet Votto likes Wilco too :D

MartyFan
06-18-2007, 11:27 PM
A couple of questions....

How long after the DeWitt (spelling) family purchased the Cardinals did they become a legitimate force in the NL?

what about the Twins...when they recognized that the dynamics of the game were changing, how long did it take for that franchise to see the stable rise of their team?

I'd also point out the Brewers who for the last three years have been regarded as one of the teams that COULD surprise people...but they've had a lot of tough years before this year.

Isn't it possible that the Reds will not hesitate to build deep instead of quick with this ownership and GM in place?

RedEye
06-19-2007, 01:13 AM
I'd also point out the Brewers who for the last three years have been regarded as one of the teams that COULD surprise people...but they've had a lot of tough years before this year.

FWIW, I don't think the Brewers are out of the woods yet this year. They've got the distinct look of a competitive team, but they've lost some luster in the past few weeks. I like their young talent, but I'm not sold on the entire team yet--particularly because the anchors of the their bullpen (Turnbow, Cordero) are like ticking time bombs that could render all those offensive cornerstones irrelevant.

Yachtzee
06-19-2007, 01:18 AM
Deal him and call up Votto, I bet Votto likes Wilco too :D

I'm just looking forward to them calling him up so that NattyRedlocks can give us, "Domo Arigato, Mr. Joey Votto."