PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Dunn Thread ...

HotCorner
06-18-2007, 01:05 PM
;)

The family went shopping over the weekend and we stumbled onto a sale at JcPenney for all MLB licensed apparel. My four year old saw the Reds jerseys and asked for one. We allowed him to get one because we could not find one around his birthday (February).

Does he pick his favorite player, Ken Griffey Jr? No. He decides he wants the Adam Dunn jersey. Now he'll have this jersey for probably two or three years (bought it big for him to grow into) and like his Casey t-shirt we got him two years ago Dunn will be traded - it's a guarantee now! :laugh:

Funny thing is his favorite players thus far have been Casey, Griffey, Dunn and Kearns. Two are ex-Reds and the other two could be ex-Reds within two months. I'm really pushing Homer Bailey since he'll be around for at least 5 more seasons. :thumbup:

BuckeyeRedleg
06-18-2007, 06:29 PM
I took my 6-year old down last Tuesday (we won) and as we are heading back up I-71, I turn on 700 to listen to extra innings, all the while, I think he's sleeping in the back seat. Daugherty's main topic, of course, was Dunn and where he thinks he'll be traded.

All of a sudden I hear this voice in the back seat.

"Daddy, is Adam Dunn going to play for another team like Fiwee-pay and Austin"?

I'm not sure what to say because he loves Dunn, so I tell him maybe, but not to worry about that right now and to go to sleep.

He then asks, "Why would they make him go to another team Daddy"?

I explain that other teams love Adam Dunn and they want him on their team to make them better.

He says, "Then why don't the Reds want him"?

I pause...... I honestly don't know what to say, then he says,

"If they trade Adam Dunn, I don't ever want to go back to see any Reds games."

He wants a Wii this Christmas and although he'll probably be lucky enough to get one, another present Santa in considering stuffing into his stocking, this year, is a copy of Moneyball.

Highlifeman21
06-18-2007, 06:50 PM
I took my 6-year old down last Tuesday (we won) and as we are heading back up I-71, I turn on 700 to listen to extra innings, all the while, I think he's sleeping in the back seat. Daugherty's main topic, of course, was Dunn and where he thinks he'll be traded.

I'm not sure what to say because he loves Dunn, so I tell him maybe, but not to worry about that right now and to go to sleep.

I explain that other teams love Adam Dunn and they want him on their team to make them better.

He wants a Wii this Christmas and although he'll probably be lucky enough to get one, another present Santa in considering stuffing into his stocking, this year, is a copy of Moneyball.

Be careful.

He might develop unprecedented manlove for Scott Hatteberg after reading that book.

toledodan
06-18-2007, 06:53 PM

great post. also he will love the Wii.:thumbup: