PDA

View Full Version : The options for Joe Girardi

Matt700wlw
06-19-2007, 07:26 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6936138

KoryMac5
06-21-2007, 12:28 PM
According to ESPN Girardi has decided to turn one of those options down. The Orioles have been turned down by the manager to be.

Chip R
06-21-2007, 12:30 PM
He's just waiting for that offer from the Reds. ;) Or for Lou to quit.

Caveat Emperor
06-21-2007, 01:17 PM
He's just waiting for that offer from the Reds. ;)

Why, so he can be blamed instead of Narron for a team that has an awful bullpen and doesn't measure up to the level of fundamentally goodness expected by the fanbase and local yapping head media?

membengal
06-21-2007, 01:22 PM
Dunno, CE, I think Girardi has the chops to work with a young team and the patience to help them improve. I see him as being a solution, and someone that can help them realize some potential. Not pennant winning potential (until talent improves) but develop the potential that exists.

RichRed
06-21-2007, 01:26 PM
According to ESPN Girardi has decided to turn one of those options down. The Orioles have been turned down by the manager to be.

Good, now they can go after Dusty.

jojo
06-21-2007, 03:20 PM
Girardi turned down a offer from one trainwreck of an organisation with a rich history because he wants to put his name in the hat for the Yanks job this offseason. It's probably reasonable to assume he'd turn down offers from other trainwreck organisations with rich histories (not mentioning any particular organisation whose games are blacked out on mlb.tv if you live within 150 miles of Cincinnati).

bucksfan2
06-21-2007, 03:35 PM
What is Girardi's record as a ML manager? What was Narron's record his first 162 games as a red. A lot of people are going gaga over Girardi with only one average year.

Chip R
06-21-2007, 03:37 PM
Girardi turned down a offer from one trainwreck of an organisation with a rich history because he wants to put his name in the hat for the Yanks job this offseason. It's probably reasonable to assume he'd turn down offers from other trainwreck organisations with rich histories (not mentioning any particular organisation whose games are blacked out on mlb.tv if you live within 150 miles of Cincinnati).

Of course he would take the Cubs job if it opened up - and I'm not convinced it won't - and they are about as big a trainwreck as any organization.

dabvu2498
06-21-2007, 04:13 PM
What is Girardi's record as a ML manager? What was Narron's record his first 162 games as a red. A lot of people are going gaga over Girardi with only one average year.

But remember, people were projecting 100+ losses for last year's Marlins. I'd say their performance last year was better than average.