PDA

View Full Version : This year's pitching phenoms

Benihana
06-20-2007, 01:47 PM
I originally posted this in the minor league forum, but with all these guys now being big leaguers, I figured this was the more appropriate forum.

Last year, it was Verlander, Papelbon, Weaver, and Liriano. This year it's Hughes, Bailey, Lincecum and Gallardo. You are the GM. You can have any of this year's rookies you like. How would you rank them, in terms of who you would want on your team now and (most importantly) for the future, and why?

RedsManRick
06-20-2007, 01:58 PM
Today:
Lincecum
Gallardo
Hughes
Bailey

Long term:
Lincecum
Bailey
Hughes
Gallardo

I'd pretty much pair them up as Bailey and Lincecum as the stuff guys who need more work on their command and pitchability and Hughes and Gallardo as the well polished guys with good stuff, but slightly lower ceilings. I'd take Lincecum over Bailey b/c of the mechanics and Hughes over Gallardo because he's got a little bit better stuff.

M2
06-20-2007, 02:03 PM
I originally posted this in the minor league forum, but with all these guys now being big leaguers, I figured this was the more appropriate forum.

Last year, it was Verlander, Papelbon, Weaver, and Liriano. This year it's Hughes, Bailey, Lincecum and Gallardo. You are the GM. You can have any of this year's rookies you like. How would you rank them, in terms of who you would want on your team now and (most importantly) for the future, and why?

Lincecum - unreal stuff
Andrew Miller - do NOT forget about him
Bailey/Gallardo - flip a coin
Hughes - because he's had some health issues