PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Dunn to Pads for Hensley, Hampson, PTBNL

Dan
06-21-2007, 01:39 PM
Story (http://www.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/news/sports/story.html?id=aa72533b-5e60-4bf3-ac02-b498f57ec0c9)

Justin Hampson (http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=Justin%2520Hampson&pos=P&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=430618)

Clay Hensley (http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=Clay%2520Hensley&pos=P&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=454535)

:bang:

flyer85
06-21-2007, 01:41 PM
This has been floating around for 3-4 days.

I have a low opinion of Krivsky as a GM and even I am not buying that rumor.

KronoRed
06-21-2007, 01:41 PM
I'll take the draft picks

redsmetz
06-21-2007, 01:49 PM
The "story" is

The latest trade rumour involving slugger Adam Dunn has the Cincinnati Reds sending the outfielder to the power-starved San Diego Padres for pitchers Clay Hensley and Justin Hampson and a third player.

Well, I'll say that third player better be Jesus Christ Himself, because this would be a pathetic trade.

Why do these yahoos think since WK very likely got fleeced once, we're going to get fleeced again? What a bunch of whooey!

Jaycint
06-21-2007, 01:55 PM
The "story" is

Well, I'll say that third player better be Jesus Christ Himself

:laugh:

westofyou
06-21-2007, 01:57 PM
The second assault on the same problem should always come from a different direction.

NJReds
06-21-2007, 01:59 PM
I thought this rumor had been put to bed three days ago:

No truth in Dunn to Padres rumor
Wednesday, Jun 20, 2007 12:18 pm EDT

Getty Images
San Diego Padres' GM Kevin Towers told a writer from the San Diego Union-Tribune that the rumor of Adam Dunn going to the team for pitchers Clay Hensley and Justin Hampson "wasn't worth chasing."

Reds' general manager Wayne Krivsky stuck to his policy of not commenting on trade rumors.

Source: Cincinnati Enquirer

Related: Adam Dunn, San Diego Padres

IslandRed
06-21-2007, 02:02 PM
This has been floating around for 3-4 days.

I have a low opinion of Krivsky as a GM and even I am not buying that rumor.

Me neither. Regardless of anyone's opinion of Krivsky, I think most of us would agree Kevin Towers isn't an idiot, and he'd have to be to not jump on that deal immediately. So the logical conclusion is that it was never on the table -- at least, not from our side, which is the part that matters.

smith288
06-21-2007, 02:04 PM
The "story" is

Well, I'll say that third player better be Jesus Christ Himself, because this would be a pathetic trade.

Why do these yahoos think since WK very likely got fleeced once, we're going to get fleeced again? What a bunch of whooey!
Jesus has been known to have a "holier than thou" attitude in the clubhouse...

MartyFan
06-21-2007, 02:05 PM

But nobody ever goes on the DL...

Chip R
06-21-2007, 02:11 PM

I hope not cause we'd have to talk about it in the Peanut Gallery. ;)

sonny
06-21-2007, 02:15 PM
Word on the street is that the Padres also wanted to include Judas in on the deal, but he mentioned something about "going to hang out" and could not be reached for comment.

redsmetz
06-21-2007, 02:15 PM
But nobody ever goes on the DL...

Yes, but even though he can walk on water, there will be fans who will not be happy. "Jesus Christ! What is he doing?". But if he's a relief pitcher, he could wrack up the saves!

Joseph
06-21-2007, 02:16 PM
So many bad puns.....

RichRed
06-21-2007, 02:22 PM
Pedro Cerrano: Jesus, I like him very much, but he no help with curveball.
Eddie Harris: You trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?

red-in-la
06-21-2007, 02:27 PM
Me neither. Regardless of anyone's opinion of Krivsky, I think most of us would agree Kevin Towers isn't an idiot, and he'd have to be to not jump on that deal immediately. So the logical conclusion is that it was never on the table -- at least, not from our side, which is the part that matters.

Not so sure about this......this sound slike Towers telling Krivsky very publically that he wants more or wants to give up less.

Roy Tucker
06-21-2007, 02:32 PM

Just called up from the Burning Bush League.

MartyFan
06-21-2007, 03:06 PM
Jesus, the guy is everywhere.

IslandRed
06-21-2007, 03:32 PM
Not so sure about this......this sounds like Towers telling Krivsky very publically that he wants more or wants to give up less.

Well, if that's his idea of what a fair deal looks like, I'd rather play for the compensation draft picks. But I'll grant the possibility that the Padres, like the Angels, are posturing in an attempt to drive down the price.

Jaycint
06-21-2007, 03:39 PM
From Will Carroll's chat today over at BP in response to a question about whether the Reds were any closer to getting a Dunn deal done:

And no, no progress. Krivsky wanted a lot for Dunn and no one came close. We'll see if his price drops or if someone decides they need Dunn badly enough.

That is at least somewhat reassuring to me that Wayne isn't going to get mugged again.

Benihana
06-21-2007, 03:42 PM
good to hear

M2
06-21-2007, 03:59 PM
That is at least somewhat reassuring to me that Wayne isn't going to get mugged again.

Me too. I can't blame other teams attempting to get something for nothing at this stage of the season. There's still six weeks left before the non-waivers trade deadline.

Though I do get amazed by the seeming unwillingness of some teams to pull the trigger on a major deal to improve themselves. If I were a Padres fan or a Braves fan or an Indians fan or an A's fan, I'd be chomping at the bit for the club to land a crusher like Dunn. If it costs an A prospect and a B prospect so be it. I'd want to get to and hopefully through October.

Strikes Out Looking
06-21-2007, 04:25 PM
This is from Peter Gammon's per mlbtraderumor.com. I think it should say isn't rather than is, but I'm just cutting and pasting.

The Dodgers are looking for a corner infield slugger, but aren't interested in Troy Glaus or Scott Rolen. If they are going to give up multiple young future stars, it's going to take Mark Teixeira. In other words, they'd go all-in. Adam Dunn is in the Dodgers' plans, either. Dunn's defensive limitations really seem to be hindering a deal.

paintmered
06-21-2007, 07:40 PM
Just called up from the Burning Bush League.

Speaking of which,

http://humor.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ/Ya&sdn=humor&cdn=entertainment&tm=7&f=00&su=p284.8.150.ip_&tt=14&bt=1&bts=1&zu=http%3A//www.danstpaul.com/baseball.html