PDA

View Full Version : Start Griffey in CF?

reds44
06-22-2007, 05:14 PM
I was thinking about this earlier today, and Fay echoed my thoughts.

I've got no idea if it's even being considered, but it would be pretty cool to start Ken Griffey Jr. in the center field tonight. Maybe have them announce him in right and then have him swtich with Josh Hamilton before the first pitch of the bottom of the first.

Talk about getting the crowd worked up.

I think it would be awesome to do that. Even if he doesn't play their the entire game, just let him get announced as starting in CF, and play at least the first inning their. I don't see Narron doing it, but it would be awesome.

Thoughts?

Jharb74
06-22-2007, 05:27 PM
It would be cool.
I think Derek Jeter, a few years ago in the All Star Game, let Cal Ripken Jr. switch back to playing short stop. Cal played 3rd his last few years. It was Ripkens last All Star Game.

foltza
06-22-2007, 05:29 PM
i recall the all-star game moment, followed by nomo (i think) lobbing the fat pitch to ripken for a homer. it would be VERY cool to see it play out similarly in seattle, with griffey going out to right and then hamilton waving him over to play center. hopefully someone will suggest it

CySeymour
06-25-2007, 09:28 AM
It would be cool.
I think Derek Jeter, a few years ago in the All Star Game, let Cal Ripken Jr. switch back to playing short stop. Cal played 3rd his last few years. It was Ripkens last All Star Game.

Actually, it was ARod who moved over so Cal could play short.

Degenerate39
06-25-2007, 12:42 PM
If Griffey would've played centerfield and got hurt we would've crucified Narron.

klw
06-25-2007, 01:12 PM
If Griffey would've played centerfield and got hurt we would've crucified Narron.

Yeah but that happens most days anyway

Ludwig Reds Fan
06-25-2007, 05:46 PM
I'd like to see Griffey start CF in the All-Star Game.

Chi-Town Red
06-25-2007, 07:55 PM
I'd like to see Griffey start CF in the All-Star Game.me too:thumbup:

Vada Pinson Fan
06-25-2007, 11:48 PM
No. The Mariner fans got what they wanted to see. It was a Griffey reunion as if Hollywood wrote it. No sense in Kenny pulling up lame trying to cover centerfield. Remember that's a lot of ground to cover with Dunn in left.
But would it have been cool in the spirit of Nomo to Cal, Jr. Sure! The Reds have a very prone-to-injury player in Griffey. The diving catch Junior made was great no matter if he was playing rightfield, and not center, in game 3.