PDA

View Full Version : Walt Jocketty anyone?

Matt700wlw
06-24-2007, 05:43 PM
Fox Sports

......several clubs including the Giants, Cubs, Mariners, Astros, Reds and Pirates could change general managers at the end of the season. The Cardinals also could lose G.M. Walt Jocketty, who is under contract through 2008 but shadowed by Jeff Luhnow, the team's vice-president of scouting and player development.

Jocketty, who spent 14 seasons with the A's, would be a natural for the Giants, assuming the Cardinals allowed him to depart. He also could be a fit for the Reds, whose owner, Bob Castellini, previously was an investor with the Cardinals.

LINEDRIVER
06-24-2007, 05:59 PM
I heard the other day that he might leave St. L after the season. What's going on that he would want to leave there? Anybody know anything? Just tired of LaRussa ??? ha ha

Highlifeman21
06-24-2007, 06:02 PM
Fox Sports

......several clubs including the Giants, Cubs, Mariners, Astros, Reds and Pirates could change general managers at the end of the season. The Cardinals also could lose G.M. Walt Jocketty, who is under contract through 2008 but shadowed by Jeff Luhnow, the team's vice-president of scouting and player development.

Jocketty, who spent 14 seasons with the A's, would be a natural for the Giants, assuming the Cardinals allowed him to depart. He also could be a fit for the Reds, whose owner, Bob Castellini, previously was an investor with the Cardinals.

I saw that in the same Rosenthal article that mentioned Adam Dunn.

For whatever reason, I don't see Jocketty as much of an improvement over Krivsky. Jocketty's had more payroll to play with in STL, and has had a better group of core talent to build around, not to mention more trading chips both on the MLB roster, and in the minors. I'm sure Krivsky could produce similar results if he were the Cardinals' GM.

KronoRed
06-24-2007, 06:05 PM
I could see this happening

OnBaseMachine
06-24-2007, 06:13 PM
No thanks. The Cardinals always seem to have a horrible farm system, plus I can't seem to get that trade of Dan Haren + Daric Barton for Mark Mulder out of my mind. That trade is far worse than anything Krivsky had did. If the Reds fire Krivsky - Chris Antonetti or Paul DePodesta are my top two choices. David Forst is another one I like.

RBA
06-24-2007, 06:28 PM
Maybe he's planning on taking Tony Larussa with him. yikes.

guttle11
06-24-2007, 06:31 PM
If Castellini gives him an $80-90 million payroll like STL has, I'd drive to St. Louis to get him. I'd even pay for the U-Haul rental.

camisadelgolf
06-24-2007, 07:20 PM
I hope to heck it doesn't happen, but I could see it happening because of Castellini's must-win attitude. Krivsky isn't winning (yet), and Jocketty has plenty of experience with winning.

Falls City Beer
06-24-2007, 07:22 PM
You'd pooh-pooh Jocketty?

Boy oh boy.

It won't happen though.

MartyFan
06-24-2007, 07:29 PM
I still think Special K is the guy who is going to be here next year...I think he and Mr. C are on the same page and that they have needed this year and last to start to turn the tug boat around to be the team that they want in place.

Is everything perfect? Nope...but I think this years team is what many expected of last years team...I sort of wish it would have happened this way last year.

I know I could be wrong but if the Reds ax Special K I want them to get the young guy from the Marlins...I can't think of his name...hmmm...and if they don't get him I would like them to grab someone from the Brewers brain trust.

I think the most complex thing about this teams situation is that there is SOME talent at the MLB level and the system is weak...I think bringing DanO back with a new GM as an assistant to be over the amateur scouting and draft would be a good move....go ahead, throw some stones.
:)

MWM
06-24-2007, 08:29 PM
I'd love to have Jocketty in Cincy.

chicoruiz
06-24-2007, 08:47 PM
I'd be a bit leery given the state of the Cardinal farm system, but who knows...once the Jocketty itch afflicts Bob C. it could be hard to control...

Matt700wlw
06-24-2007, 08:50 PM
He has a history....and one of these...

http://sportsvl.com/images/Sportsmen/World%20Series%20Trophy.jpg

Jpup
06-24-2007, 09:03 PM
no way. look at the Cardinals farm system, it's horrible.

guttle11
06-24-2007, 09:15 PM
You know, I'll trade a few years with a bad farm system for nearly a decade of contention and a title.

Just saying...Give Jocketty money to work with, and he'll deliver wins. I've seen him do it.

REDREAD
06-24-2007, 10:34 PM
You'd pooh-pooh Jocketty?

Boy oh boy.

It won't happen though.

That's what I think.

I'd love to have Jocketty, simply because he's great at identifying the missing piece a contender needs and getting it. He's smart enough to grab franchise players like Edmounds and Rolen when teams are stupid and want to dump them. His farm system is good enough to give him enough bait to trade for what he needs, and feed the ML team.

I wouldn't mind at all if Jocketty came here, but I doubt he'd be interested in rebuilding the Reds from scratch with an impatient owner. He's too smart to come here for 2-3 years and then get canned before he can finish the job. He'll go to a contender or a team close to contending.

Heath
06-24-2007, 11:18 PM
He has a history....and one of these...

http://sportsvl.com/images/Sportsmen/World%20Series%20Trophy.jpg

So does Bob Quinn. And?

:D

MWM
06-24-2007, 11:23 PM
no way. look at the Cardinals farm system, it's horrible.

Not trying to single you out here because a lot of people have said this, but last time I checked, the goal of the GM was to get his MAJOR LEAGUE team to the playoffs consistently. Under Jocketty, the Cards have went to the World Series twice, won once (yes I know they were incredibly lucky, but when you go to the playoffs every year, eventually you're going to get lucky), and have been to the playoffs 6 out of the last 7 years. All this and people would turn him away because of the minor leagues? I don't get that. Makes no sense to me.

traderumor
06-25-2007, 12:05 AM
Not trying to single you out here because a lot of people have said this, but last time I checked, the goal of the GM was to get his MAJOR LEAGUE team to the playoffs consistently. Under Jocketty, the Cards have went to the World Series twice, won once (yes I know they were incredibly lucky, but when you go to the playoffs every year, eventually you're going to get lucky), and have been to the playoffs 6 out of the last 7 years. All this and people would turn him away because of the minor leagues? I don't get that. Makes no sense to me.I think the points have been made--higher payroll in St. Looey and no farm system will not work here. Perhaps the captain is not willing to go down with his ship, hence looking to move on while is star is still shiny.

KronoRed
06-25-2007, 12:06 AM
So does Bob Quinn. And?

:D

Quinn passed on Derek Jeter ;)

Falls City Beer
06-25-2007, 12:09 AM
I think the points have been made--higher payroll in St. Looey and no farm system will not work here. Perhaps the captain is not willing to go down with his ship, hence looking to move on while is star is still shiny.

If Jocketty stays with the Cards, he'll have them contending again in no time.

Caveat Emperor
06-25-2007, 12:14 AM
I think the points have been made--higher payroll in St. Looey and no farm system will not work here. Perhaps the captain is not willing to go down with his ship, hence looking to move on while is star is still shiny.

The Cardinals do a great job of flipping young talent for good, established major league players. If the goal of the farm system is to provide the major league team with players, how is the farm system NOT accomplishing its goal if you trade those young players for major league players?

St. Louis is also one of the best teams in the majors at identifying players in other organizations that they can work with and make better, something the Reds used to be pretty good at themselves.

Jocketty is a fantastic GM, and I'd love to have him in Cincinnati. Its his super-genius manager that I can really do without.

harangatang
06-25-2007, 12:23 AM
I would give Kim Ng a shot to be the first woman GM but I'd take Jocketty second if she would decline. Of the two I would say Jocketty would be more likely to take the job as he had ties to Castellini as Bob was part owner in the Cardinals.

harangatang
06-25-2007, 12:32 AM
I think the most complex thing about this teams situation is that there is SOME talent at the MLB level and the system is weak...I think bringing DanO back with a new GM as an assistant to be over the amateur scouting and draft would be a good move....go ahead, throw some stones.
:)That's a very good point about DanO and I think you're on the right track. I wonder if Krivsky would be good in a similar position as well to dig out some players out of the bargain bin. It seems that has been the only strength thus far in Krivsky's tenure as GM and was a strength in Minnesota with such players like Johan Santana being nabbed up in the Rule 5 draft. I doubt Krivsky would take a demotion but I think would great to keep Krivsky and bring back DanO in different capacities under a new GM.

traderumor
06-25-2007, 12:44 AM
The Cardinals do a great job of flipping young talent for good, established major league players. If the goal of the farm system is to provide the major league team with players, how is the farm system NOT accomplishing its goal if you trade those young players for major league players?

St. Louis is also one of the best teams in the majors at identifying players in other organizations that they can work with and make better, something the Reds used to be pretty good at themselves.

Jocketty is a fantastic GM, and I'd love to have him in Cincinnati. Its his super-genius manager that I can really do without.

Because the last young talent they flipped is now leading the AL in ERA. And Haren was it. The well is now dry, and has been producing little more than a fracked oil well for quite some time, which is why I gather there are rumblings of Jocketty leaving. They did only win 83 games last year, which is a much better indicator than "how many rings does he have?"

Jocketty is a fantastic GM--but like any manager has a weakness, and that weakness is about ready to come to roost.

MWM
06-25-2007, 01:02 AM
I would give Kim Ng a shot to be the first woman GM but I'd take Jocketty second if she would decline. Of the two I would say Jocketty would be more likely to take the job as he had ties to Castellini as Bob was part owner in the Cardinals.

I wouldn't mind either, but progressive and the city of Cincinnati usually don't mesh too well together.

Jpup
06-25-2007, 06:30 AM
Not trying to single you out here because a lot of people have said this, but last time I checked, the goal of the GM was to get his MAJOR LEAGUE team to the playoffs consistently. Under Jocketty, the Cards have went to the World Series twice, won once (yes I know they were incredibly lucky, but when you go to the playoffs every year, eventually you're going to get lucky), and have been to the playoffs 6 out of the last 7 years. All this and people would turn him away because of the minor leagues? I don't get that. Makes no sense to me.

the Reds aren't going to spend the money to do what the Cardinals have done. Atlanta, Oakland, Minnesota, and even Milwaukee have to be the models of what you want to do in Cincinnati. St. Louis went out and got big contract guys like Rolen, Edmonds, Mulder, McGwire (way back in the early 90s) and so on. The Reds are never going to do that. Cincinnati also does not have an Albert Pujols, no one does.

I'm not sure what makes Jocketty such a great GM. The farm is bare and the Major League roster is getting very old. If Cincinnati was New York, LA, or Chicago, he would probably do great. The Cardinals have had their run and if it were not for the horrible teams they play on a nightly basis they would be already done. St. Louis is 33-39 in 2007, so what will Jocketty do about it? He's going to walk because he has no way to improve it without a wad of cash. The central division of the National League is the worst division is all of baseball and the Cardinals can't compete anymore.

If you are going to make trades for stars like he did several years ago, you have to have something to give up. I don't see much, in terms of trading chips, for St. Louis. Heck, the guy just traded for Mike Maroth. Explain that one. How about that Kip Wells signing or the fools gold that was and is Anthony Reyes. Jocketty keeps signing more guys just like that. I see no upside of Walt Jocketty in the Reds front office.

StillFunkyB
06-25-2007, 07:05 AM
What about Kim Ng if Krivsky is fired? Having a woman in charge worked here for the Bengals, why not the Reds?

traderumor
06-25-2007, 09:48 AM
I wouldn't mind either, but progressive and the city of Cincinnati usually don't mesh too well together.
They currently have an African American Mayor, had a woman owner and Katie Blackburn runs the Bengals.

Heath
06-25-2007, 10:05 AM
They currently have an African American Mayor, had a woman owner and Katie Blackburn runs the Bengals.

And Kim Ng could fit in quite well. Think of that SI story.

redsmetz
06-25-2007, 10:48 AM
How is it that so many around here are so certain what the Reds plans are based solely on less than two years of action. Some complain that WK's hasn't revealed a plan, others that Castellini lied when he said he expected a winner quickly. A year and a half is a tiny amount of time in baseball history. I've said this repeatedly that I understand folks' frustration at the lost decade under previous ownerships, but these things take time.

If we've learned anything from Krivsky, it's that he plays things close to the vest, he doesn't yap it up much the press about what's going on. In that way, he's the anti-Bowden (although to believe folks around here, you might think he's the anti-Christ!). And would anyone expect an owner to come in and say anything other than we expect to win?

As for where thing stand now - no question, this season is proving to be an unmitigated failure. That said, I still say our starting nine are not as bad as they have performed. The pitching staff continues to be woefully inadequate, but I think there is hope even there. It takes a while to turn these things around.

Far too many here believe they no exactly what the Reds will and won't do. The Reds will never spend the money. The Reds will give away the farm. Etc. etc. etc.

Not one of us, I think, are privvy to the inner workings of the Reds, so we have no idea whether we made legitimate offers to free agents during the off season. We have no idea what trades we have proposed or counter offers that have been made.

This FO hasn't been perfect, but I believe they've got some clue and, in the long run, will produce a winning team again in Cincinnati.

traderumor
06-25-2007, 12:11 PM
How is it that so many around here are so certain what the Reds plans are based solely on less than two years of action. Some complain that WK's hasn't revealed a plan, others that Castellini lied when he said he expected a winner quickly. A year and a half is a tiny amount of time in baseball history. I've said this repeatedly that I understand folks' frustration at the lost decade under previous ownerships, but these things take time.

If we've learned anything from Krivsky, it's that he plays things close to the vest, he doesn't yap it up much the press about what's going on. In that way, he's the anti-Bowden (although to believe folks around here, you might think he's the anti-Christ!). And would anyone expect an owner to come in and say anything other than we expect to win?

As for where thing stand now - no question, this season is proving to be an unmitigated failure. That said, I still say our starting nine are not as bad as they have performed. The pitching staff continues to be woefully inadequate, but I think there is hope even there. It takes a while to turn these things around.

Far too many here believe they no exactly what the Reds will and won't do. The Reds will never spend the money. The Reds will give away the farm. Etc. etc. etc.

Not one of us, I think, are privvy to the inner workings of the Reds, so we have no idea whether we made legitimate offers to free agents during the off season. We have no idea what trades we have proposed or counter offers that have been made.

This FO hasn't been perfect, but I believe they've got some clue and, in the long run, will produce a winning team again in Cincinnati.

C'mon redsmetz, don't you know we live in the vaccuum that what the Reds should and could do is only limited by what they don't know (or more crassly stated, their own stupidity)?

MWM
06-25-2007, 12:37 PM
I'm not sure what makes Jocketty such a great GM.

Seriously? Do results matter at all? And it's not like they're spending $150MM.

Chip R
06-25-2007, 12:53 PM
I'm sure everyone would have blown a gasket here if Wayne would have signed Jeff Weaver last year and re-signed Ryan Franklin. But Jocketty did both and both moves worked out. Does that mean that Jocketty is some kind of clairvoyant genius? No, but he does have one of the best pitching coaches and managers in the business and he probably figured that if anyone can help those guys they could. So give him credit for knowing that the on field people probably could help those two but those weren't exactly the talent you'd like to see a GM acquire.

If he comes here he better have a pitching coach like Duncan and a manager like La Russa.

OnBaseMachine
06-30-2007, 03:39 PM
Cardinals GM Walt Jocketty has a year left on his contract, but if for whatever reason he asks out after this season, there's a growing buzz in baseball circles that he could end up in Cincinnati. Reds owner Bob Castellini, who used to be part of the Cardinals' ownership group, admires Jocketty. Interestingly, on Friday's FSN broadcast, Al Hrabosky said something about Tony La Russa also going to Cincinnati.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/columnists.nsf/berniemiklasz/story/10576B04167570D18625730A0010DCFD?OpenDocument

:bang:

Reds4Life
06-30-2007, 04:04 PM
Cardinals GM Walt Jocketty has a year left on his contract, but if for whatever reason he asks out after this season, there's a growing buzz in baseball circles that he could end up in Cincinnati. Reds owner Bob Castellini, who used to be part of the Cardinals' ownership group, admires Jocketty. Interestingly, on Friday's FSN broadcast, Al Hrabosky said something about Tony La Russa also going to Cincinnati.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/columnists.nsf/berniemiklasz/story/10576B04167570D18625730A0010DCFD?OpenDocument

:bang:

Why would LaRussa leave St. Louis? I could see Jocketty coming here, but not Tony.

pedro
06-30-2007, 04:12 PM
I think Walt is a pretty darn good GM.

But I'd also like to point out that even a highly regarded GM such as Jocketty has made some moves that would get him burned at the stake here on Redszone. Trading Danny Haren and Daric Barton for Mark Mulder or signing Adam Kennedy to a three year contract come immediately to mind.

Ltlabner
06-30-2007, 04:21 PM
I think Walt is a pretty darn good GM.

But I'd also like to point out that even a highly regarded GM such as Jocketty has made some moves that would get him burned at the stake here on Redszone. Trading Danny Haren and Daric Barton for Mark Mulder or signing Adam Kennedy to a three year contract come immediately to mind.

Yea, would be interesting to see the folks who generally laud Jocketty as a guru now turn on him once he's a Red and not measuring up.

That said, would I like to see him in the Reds ogrinization in some capacity? Without a doubt.

Heath
06-30-2007, 04:27 PM
The pool of water here in RZ is FCB's drool.

Matt700wlw
06-30-2007, 05:47 PM
Say what you want about LaRussa....he may micro manage, over manage, drive you nuts, make you scratch your head...or make you want to pound your head against a wall...

But he wins.

That's what it's all about.

Always Red
06-30-2007, 07:04 PM
Jocketty and LaRussa? (that means Dave Duncan, too!)

Hell yeah!

I'm buying the wine, and making sure LaRussa doesn't need to drive anywhere. :cool:

disclosure: I liked Bob Huggins, too. :all_cohol And Al Davis. :bash:

Just win, Baby (at least on the professional level!):D

Matt700wlw
06-30-2007, 08:32 PM
Hal says he talked to Walt today before the game and asked him about the report....Walt didn't deny it.....he danced around it a little, but didn't deny the rumor.

pedro
06-30-2007, 09:01 PM
Hal says he talked to Walt today before the game and asked him about the report....Walt didn't deny it.....he danced around it a little, but didn't deny the rumor.

Interesting.

Aronchis
06-30-2007, 11:57 PM
The good of Jocketty: Terrific manager of the roster and usually(outside the now infamous Mulder trade) wins deals for talent.
The bad of Jocketty: Doesn't bring in enough talent from the domestic draft and international signings. Though it isn't like he hasn't tried, he has gone through a couple scouting directors. Something Krivsky should think about because Buckley's draft's have not been overly exciting.

Overall: I actually think Krivsky is sorta like Jocketty in that he is essentially a operations man. His scouts and networks in the Cardinal organization have done a good job rating their own talent and others outside the organization. Much more proven than Krivsky in this area. Though, alot of that was financed by a "surge" if Cardinal popularity from the McGwire(now tainted) McGwire wave that ran over baseball in the late 90's. That may have crested.

He probably won't have the money to play around with in Cincinnati though that doesn't mean failure if he makes some good deals and keeps the right prospects like his rep(outside the Haren deal) indicates. Maybe he will also find the right scouting director and go on a tear there to.

Krivsky may improve. Terry Ryan wasn't exactly a good GM back in the 90's either. Though the Twins this decade have found, produced and are producing some good talent recently.

I think if Cast doesn't feel Krivsky is the man 100% and wants to go into a proven saftey net, fine by me. He probably knows the Jocketty file and what he has succeeded with and failed at during his tenure as Cardinals GM. I don't see Cast getting anyone much better with the shape the Reds organization is in and some of Cast's early blunders turning other assistants off for now.

REDREAD
07-01-2007, 12:57 AM
Say what you want about LaRussa....he may micro manage, over manage, drive you nuts, make you scratch your head...or make you want to pound your head against a wall...

But he wins.

That's what it's all about.

I wouldn't mind having LaRussa here at all. He's an above average manager, and we've had very few of those.

Heck, it would be funny to have to have Marty deal with it.

WVPacman
07-01-2007, 01:35 AM
But is Castellini planning on firing Krivsky?? I hav'nt heard any rumors on Krivsky on the hot seat.Are there rumors out there that i8m missing about Krivsky could be fired??

WVRedsFan
07-01-2007, 01:42 AM
If you look at the situation the Reds find themselves in, the owner has to be thinking about changes. The Reds are one game behind the horrible 1982 Reds and even the horrendous 2005 Reds. For all those who want to point out that Krivsky said it would take time, no one (even Castellini) thought the club would get this bad before it would get better.

That said, and the fact that Jockety didn't deny the rumor means one thing to me...they've been talking, and why not. We have a manager who has never had a winning season (basically he's a rookie manager with only about 4 years under his belt), and a GM who's a rookie and was second fiddle to a unique winning organization. Cast has the chance to get a winning GM who he admires and a winning manager who he loves. It's a marriage made in heaven.

Here's the best part. When Jockety makes a trade, you can look back at all the good things he's done in the past and say, "he knows what he's doing", and it will be plausible (unlike saying that about Krivsky, who has no track record). When Larussa makes one of those strange moves, it usually works so we'll have less stress on RZ. And we'll lose that North Carolina accent in the clubhouse (the one thing I liked about Jerry Narron--he sounded like me).

Chance of it happening? 50-50. My gut feeling? It'll happen. Like I said it's just a gut feeling. No owner wants to go to meetings at 31-50 with Adam Dunn having close to a career year, Junior having a great year, and Josh Hamilton being the surprise of the year. Everyone would have to ask you "what's wrong" and you'd have to answer, "our GM really made some screwy moves". Nah, it's more than 50-50.

WVRedsFan
07-01-2007, 01:44 AM
But is Castellini planning on firing Krivsky?? I hav'nt heard any rumors on Krivsky on the hot seat.Are there rumors out there that i8m missing about Krivsky could be fired??

Hey Pac. Did you hear any rumors from Castellini about firing Dan O'Brien? Nope. It just happened. Swiftly and without notice.

Hide and watch.

Nothing may happen, but my gut says it will. and it's a big gut these days! :)

MartyFan
07-01-2007, 01:47 AM
I don't know that I believe that Special K is out of the good graces of Mr. C...I think that perhaps this is what they expected last years team to do and probably this years team too.

Truth is I don't really think that there will be a big dump of players and I think that the team will push through (muddle) this year and look to advance the team in the off season...that said, I could for sure see Junior, Hatte, Conine, Loshe, Arroyo, Weathers all moved. I would put an FAR outside chance of Dunn being moved...but not likely.

WVRedsFan
07-01-2007, 01:56 AM
I don't know that I believe that Special K is out of the good graces of Mr. C...I think that perhaps this is what they expected last years team to do and probably this years team too.

Truth is I don't really think that there will be a big dump of players and I think that the team will push through (muddle) this year and look to advance the team in the off season...that said, I could for sure see Junior, Hatte, Conine, Loshe, Arroyo, Weathers all moved. I would put an FAR outside chance of Dunn being moved...but not likely.

Even though I think the Jockety acquisition is 50-50, I agree that he is probably not out of the good graces of Castellini yet. But continued losing might put him there. I look for a change of managers first and then the big bomb at the end of the season.

WVPacman
07-01-2007, 02:00 AM
Hey Pac. Did you hear any rumors from Castellini about firing Dan O'Brien? Nope. It just happened. Swiftly and without notice.

Hide and watch.

Nothing may happen, but my gut says it will. and it's a big gut these days! :)

Very good point and no I did'nt any rumors... With all of this talk you can trust me I will be hiding and watching.
;)

WVPacman
07-01-2007, 02:03 AM
Even though I think the Jockety acquisition is 50-50, I agree that he is probably not out of the good graces of Castellini yet. But continued losing might put him there. I look for a change of managers first and then the big bomb at the end of the season.

The problem with changing managers is that you know if Narron gets canned then it will be Bucky Dent.Hopefully that would be just for an interum basis??

camisadelgolf
07-01-2007, 03:20 AM
I am in love with Krivsky and don't want to see him go, but if Krivsky were fired to hire Jocketty, I would at least admire the person who made that decision because it shows he's very serious about winning.

Matt700wlw
07-01-2007, 11:36 AM

He may not be planning on it at the moment....but for the right situation he may.

Jpup
07-01-2007, 01:06 PM
Let's let the trading deadline come to pass before Wayne Krivsky is shown the door. He may make some deals that could save/cost him his job. If it's the later, I want him gone now, but there is no way we can know that yet.

I think he has made some really good moves for the organization and some really bad ones as well. I would love to keep Krivsky in the front office as assistant GM at any rate. The guy knows how to identify young talent IMO. He just loves "old" talent way too much. He also over values bullpen fodder.

Matt700wlw
07-01-2007, 01:29 PM
Jocketty denies it

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/cardinals/story/6C4DBCDB0225B1B78625730B001205EF?OpenDocument

KronoRed
07-01-2007, 02:03 PM

Well he did fire him on the first business day after taking control of the Reds, no time for rumors to get going