PDA

View Full Version : 6/25 Minor League Updates

Buckeye33
06-25-2007, 07:28 PM
Louisville is going against Jon Lester. 0-0 in the bottom of the 1st.

Chattanooga starts at 8:05pm

Sarasota is up 1-0 in the bottom of the 1st. Griffin scores on a GO after a leadoff 2B. Ondrusek on the mound.

Dayton went scoreless in the top of the 1st. Gonzalez pitching for the Drags. Francisco 1-1. Stubbs 0-1 with a K.

Billings plays at 9:05.

Buckeye33
06-25-2007, 07:30 PM
UPDATES:

Louisville is up 5-2. Bannon is 2-2 with 4 RBI.

Chattanooga is up 3-0 in the bottom of the 1st. Bruce K'd but Rosales tripled in 2 runs. Avery on the mound for the Lookouts.

Sarasota is down 5-3. Griffin is 2-2 with 2 RBI. Ondrusek got shelled... 5 runs, 4 H, 3 BB in 2 1/3 IP.

Dayton is down 6-1. Gonzalez not faring well at all. 8 H, 6 ER in 4 IP. Stubbs is 1-3 with 2 Ks.

Aronchis
06-25-2007, 07:35 PM
Poor pitching performances lately in the Reds system. Pitching wide deadarm period or reversions?

reds44
06-25-2007, 07:41 PM
Bruce in RF batting 3rd for the Lookouts.
Dickerson walked his 1st AB. Votto with the night off.

Buckeye33
06-25-2007, 07:50 PM
Drew Stubbs strikes out swinging.

0-2 with 2 Ks. Not exactly doing well.

Chi-Town Red
06-25-2007, 07:59 PM
Drew Stubbs strikes out swinging.

0-2 with 2 Ks. Not exactly doing well. whats up with him? hitting 240 in low A???:confused:

RedEye
06-25-2007, 08:51 PM
whats up with him? hitting 240 in low A???:confused:

Looking like bust city for Stubbs right now. Anyone think he'll just suddenly "figure it out"? That seems to be his only shot of being an impact player at this point.

reds44
06-25-2007, 08:55 PM
Dickerson is 1-2 with an RBI and BB.
Bruce is 1-2 with a 3 run HR.

dougdirt
06-25-2007, 08:56 PM
Jay Bruce 3 run HR. Announcers said it was an absolute bomb.

dougdirt
06-25-2007, 09:00 PM
Announcer just guessed that Jay Bruce's HR went about 440 feet.

RedEye
06-25-2007, 09:02 PM
Announcer just guessed that Jay Bruce's HR went about 440 feet.

How long are the Reds going to be able to keep this kid in the minors? Honestly, he just shows no signs of slowing down at all. Possible promotion to the majors in September?

dougdirt
06-25-2007, 09:02 PM
Jay Bruce opposite field RBI double. Bruce is 2-3 with 4 RBI.

reds44
06-25-2007, 09:16 PM
lol. It's almost unfair how good Jay Bruce is. Seriously.

Caveat Emperor
06-25-2007, 09:18 PM
How long are the Reds going to be able to keep this kid in the minors? Honestly, he just shows no signs of slowing down at all. Possible promotion to the majors in September?

I'd guess that the ABSOLUTE best case scenario has him on the Homer Bailey plan -- finish this year at AA, start next season at AAA and then onto the active roster with the major league team midway through the 2008 season.

However, I think that is being really generous.

Kc61
06-25-2007, 09:20 PM

I would bring him up by August 1. Give Bruce August and September to adjust to the big leagues. Another reason why a current outfielder should be moved at the deadline.

Two weeks at AA, three weeks at AAA, then up to the Reds. Next year, Bruce starts in the Reds outfield right out of spring training.

Polish him up at AA and AAA for a few more weeks.

And by the way, when he comes up, he hits third. Every day.

Benihana
06-25-2007, 09:24 PM
I would bring him up by August 1. Give Bruce August and September to adjust to the big leagues. Another reason why a current outfielder should be moved at the deadline.

Two weeks at AA, three weeks at AAA, then up to the Reds. Next year, Bruce starts in the Reds outfield right out of spring training.

Polish him up at AA and AAA for a few more weeks.

And by the way, when he comes up, he hits third. Every day.

Now THAT'S generous.

I say Bruce finishes the year at AA. Next year, he gets an invite to ST but unless he absolutely tears it up he starts at Louisville, and assuming he does well there, he should be up with the big club by the AS Break. Pencil him in as the everyday starter going forward for Opening Day 2009, not neccessarily 2008.

UC_Ken
06-25-2007, 09:30 PM
I'd guess that the ABSOLUTE best case scenario has him on the Homer Bailey plan -- finish this year at AA, start next season at AAA and then onto the active roster with the major league team midway through the 2008 season.

However, I think that is being really generous.

I agree except that I don't think it would harm his development to get a September callup and get a feel for what major league baseball is like. Maybe let him pinch hit or be a late inning defensive replacement. Then he's not blown away when he gets called up for the first time.

Kc61
06-25-2007, 09:35 PM
Whatever, but the Reds are going through the motions if they keep Bruce down much longer. Seems like a rare hitting talent. Yes, it will take him 6 weeks to adjust to major league pitching, but then he'll probably just take off.

DanO drafted Bailey and Bruce. Not a bad legacy.

dougdirt
06-25-2007, 09:40 PM
Whatever, but the Reds are going through the motions if they keep Bruce down much longer. Seems like a rare hitting talent. Yes, it will take him 6 weeks to adjust to major league pitching, but then he'll probably just take off.

I think Jay is the best hitter still in the minor leagues, but no way would I bring him up this season at all before maybe September if he is hititng .300 and slugging over .500. That is the only way I even contemplate it.

RedEye
06-25-2007, 09:42 PM
Selfishly, I really hope they bring him up this year. That would make Reds games worth watching again.

CTA513
06-25-2007, 09:51 PM
Burton pitched a scoreless 7th inning for Louisville.

1 Inning, 1 Hit, 0 Runs, 0 BB, 2 K

BearcatShane
06-25-2007, 09:57 PM
If the Reds rush Bruce it could save them a ton of money. If we trade Dunn, we will need a big bat to replace him and instead of spending 5-10 mill on a free agent why not pencil Bruce into the opening day lineup in 2008 and spend all of the offseason money on pitching. I think Bruce could come up to the majors right now and at LEAST hit .270. How about this lineup:

1. 2B Brandon Phillips
2. LF Jay Bruce
3. RF Ken Griffey Jr.
4. 3B Edwin Encarnacion
5. 1B Joey Votto
6. CF Josh Hamilton
7. SS Alex Gonzalez
8. C David Ross
9. Pitcher

I know that's 4 outta 5 lefties in that lineup but it could work in my opinion.

toledodan
06-25-2007, 10:11 PM
If the Reds rush Bruce it could save them a ton of money. If we trade Dunn, we will need a big bat to replace him and instead of spending 5-10 mill on a free agent why not pencil Bruce into the opening day lineup in 2008 and spend all of the offseason money on pitching. I think Bruce could come up to the majors right now and at LEAST hit .270. How about this lineup:

1. 2B Brandon Phillips
2. LF Jay Bruce
3. RF Ken Griffey Jr.
4. 3B Edwin Encarnacion
5. 1B Joey Votto
6. CF Josh Hamilton
7. SS Alex Gonzalez
8. C David Ross
9. Pitcher

must say i like that lineup!:thumbup: we all need a reason to keep watching his season.

dougdirt
06-25-2007, 10:11 PM
Jay Bruce just hit another HR!

out to LEFT CENTER.

reds44
06-25-2007, 10:14 PM

1. 2B Brandon Phillips
2. LF Jay Bruce
3. RF Ken Griffey Jr.
4. 3B Edwin Encarnacion
5. 1B Joey Votto
6. CF Josh Hamilton
7. SS Alex Gonzalez
8. C David Ross
9. Pitcher

Or you could go....

1. Hamilton
2. Phillips
3. Griffey
4. Bruce
5. Encarnacion
6. Votto
7. Gonzalez
8. Ross

That way you minimize the it to 3/4 lefties instead of 4/5. I'm not sure the Phillips/Bruce walks enough to bat 1st/2nd either. This team really needs to go out in the offseason and find itself a legit leadoff hitter. That is the one thing that lineup would lack. Preferably a right handed one.

edabbs44
06-25-2007, 10:17 PM

Stubbs. Enough said.

Chi-Town Red
06-25-2007, 10:18 PM
Bruce is on fire....lets see how he does the next few weeks...
maybe AAA by Aug...but i bet the Reds FO keeps him at AA
the rest of the year

Ben
Following Jay Bruce, Johnny Cueto, Sean Watson, etc. is way more entertaining than anything the Reds have put on the field this year. As much as I hated Dan O'Brien's big league moves, his draft picks have been slam-dunks.

TOBTTReds
If the Reds rush Bruce it could save them a ton of money.

Sorry. I have to disagree. If Bruce is gonna be a stud, then rushing him will cost them millions, or a year of having him on the Reds, neither of which I want to happen.

If Bruce starts the 08 season as a Red, he will most likely qualify as a Super-2 and be eligible for arbitration after the 09 season, which would be dreadful. Keep him down til about June 1 of 08, and he won't be eligible til after 2010.

Plus we won't be wasting time of him being a crappy hitter, ala Alex Gordon. I think the Royals rushed Gordo way to much this year, even my good friend that is a die hard Royals fan (yes they are still out there) wishes he would have started in AAA (he skipped AAA altogether).

I do the Homer Bailey plan. AA for the rest of the year, then AAA til June/July. Trade a player or make room for him if we sign a mediocre filler for the beginning of next year.

The only way I consider him for the Reds next year is if he dominates AA, then plays very well at AAA this year.

reds44
Stubbs. Enough said.
Krivsky drafted Stubbs.

BearcatShane
06-25-2007, 10:19 PM
Or you could go....

1. Hamilton
2. Phillips
3. Griffey
4. Bruce
5. Encarnacion
6. Votto
7. Gonzalez
8. Ross

That way you minimize the it to 3/4 lefties instead of 4/5. I'm not sure the Phillips/Bruce walks enough to bat 1st/2nd either. This team really needs to go out in the offseason and find itself a legit leadoff hitter. That is the one thing that lineup would lack. Preferably a right handed one.

So who do you take out of that lineup to insert a leadoff hitter?

reds44
06-25-2007, 10:21 PM
So who do you take out of that lineup to insert a leadoff hitter?
Trade Griffey, put Hamilton in right, go get a leadoff hitting CFer, or do something with Gonzalez and go get a leadoff hitting SS. The 2nd option would be the best, but also less likely.

reds44
06-25-2007, 10:23 PM
I have no idea why Rick Sweet pitches Saarloos and Manon over Medlock. He's like a mini Narron down there.

BearcatShane
06-25-2007, 10:25 PM
Sorry. I have to disagree. If Bruce is gonna be a stud, then rushing him will cost them millions, or a year of having him on the Reds, neither of which I want to happen.

If Bruce starts the 08 season as a Red, he will most likely qualify as a Super-2 and be eligible for arbitration after the 09 season, which would be dreadful. Keep him down til about June 1 of 08, and he won't be eligible til after 2010.

Plus we won't be wasting time of him being a crappy hitter, ala Alex Gordon. I think the Royals rushed Gordo way to much this year, even my good friend that is a die hard Royals fan (yes they are still out there) wishes he would have started in AAA (he skipped AAA altogether).

I do the Homer Bailey plan. AA for the rest of the year, then AAA til June/July. Trade a player or make room for him if we sign a mediocre filler for the beginning of next year.

The only way I consider him for the Reds next year is if he dominates AA, then plays very well at AAA this year.

When he's eligable for super 2's we'll have Griffey's salary off the table so we'll have money to take care of Bruce and to take care of other things. If we pick up Dunn's contract were not going to have alot of money to play with this offseason and if we sign someone like Eric Byrnes that will be around 7-10million a year and we won't have as much money as I'd like to spend on pitching.

TOBTTReds
06-25-2007, 10:28 PM
When he's eligable for super 2's we'll have Griffey's salary off the table so we'll have money to take care of Bruce and to take care of other things. If we pick up Dunn's contract were not going to have alot of money to play with this offseason and if we sign someone like Eric Byrnes that will be around 7-10million a year and we won't have as much money as I'd like to spend on pitching.

I guess what I am saying is: Don't sign someone like an Eric Byrnes. Go for a cheap stop-gap til Bruce gets here. Although I like the trade, someone like Denorfia would be good for that role.

I understand your approach, but for me, I don't want Bruce becoming a free agent anytime sooner than he needs to be.

BearcatShane
06-25-2007, 10:35 PM
I guess what I am saying is: Don't sign someone like an Eric Byrnes. Go for a cheap stop-gap til Bruce gets here. Although I like the trade, someone like Denorfia would be good for that role.

I understand your approach, but for me, I don't want Bruce becoming a free agent anytime sooner than he needs to be.

If they sign a cheap stop gap and the offence struggles next year and the Reds continue to lose the fans will be all over Krivsky and ownership. I think the Reds need to either make a big signing like Byrnes or take a big chance on starting Bruce from day 1 in 2008. They can't go cheap or everyone's going to be claiming they don't care. I KNOW Bob Castellini does not like that talk. Even the common Reds fan knows who Bruce is and would probably be in favor of starting him next year.

reds44
06-25-2007, 10:36 PM
If they sign a cheap stop gap and the offence struggles next year and the Reds continue to lose the fans will be all over Krivsky and ownership. I think the Reds need to either make a big signing like Byrnes or take a big chance on starting Bruce from day 1 in 2008. They can't go cheap or everyone's going to be claiming they don't care. I KNOW Bob Castellini does not like that talk. Even the common Reds fan knows who Buce is and would probably be in favor of starting him next year.
Those who listen to fans end up sitting next to them.

BearcatShane
06-25-2007, 10:38 PM

That is true, but Krivsky is going to have to do something big because if the Reds play like this next year he will be sitting next to the fans anyway.

indy_dave00
06-25-2007, 10:38 PM
Jay Bruce hits a line single to right center. Ends up 4 for 6 , single , double , 2 homers and 5 rbi's

So far 8 of 18 .444 1 -2b, 3 Home Runs and 8 RBI's. Slugging pct . of 1.000 , on base pct of .473 , ops of 1.473 , thats counting an 0-5 1st game.

reds44
06-25-2007, 10:41 PM
Adam Rosales also went 2-5 with a 3B and a pair of RBIs. He's hitting .292 in AA.

Aronchis
06-25-2007, 10:41 PM
Wow, Ravin was effectively wild tonight. I can see why they held him down in Billings, 10 walks in 2 games(with 12 k's in 7 innings). Even Homer Bailey gasped;)

Blue
06-25-2007, 10:43 PM
Is Bruce the best prospect in baseball?

BearcatShane
06-25-2007, 10:43 PM
Jay Bruce hits a line single to right center. Ends up 4 for 6 , single , double , 2 homers and 5 rbi's

So far 8 of 18 .444 1 -2b, 3 Home Runs and 8 RBI's. Slugging pct . of 1.000 , on base pct of .473 , ops of 1.473 , thats counting an 0-5 1st game.

I don't wanna get too excited but my god the man is a beast. If he is hitting over .330 after 150 AA at bats I'd move him to AAA for the rest of 07 and start him in LF for the Reds from day 1 in 2008.

Blue
06-25-2007, 10:46 PM
I don't wanna get too excited but my god the man is a beast. If he is hitting over .330 after 150 AA at bats I'd move him to AAA for the rest of 07 and start him in LF for the Reds from day 1 in 2008.

Thanks. Now I won't be able to sleep tonight. If he could do that and do it well, and the Reds invested the savings in next year's team... man...

Aronchis
06-25-2007, 10:48 PM
Is Bruce the best prospect in baseball?

Justin Upton most likely at this time though Bruce has closed the gap a bit over the week. But Upton has been in AA longer. We shall see where Bruce is after 150ab's.

I wish the Tigers would promote Maybin.

dougdirt
06-25-2007, 10:49 PM
Justin Upton most likely at this time though Bruce has closed the gap a bit over the week. But Upton has been in AA longer. We shall see where Bruce is after 150ab's.

I think they are still waiting for him to have more line drives than infield hits before they think about promoting him.

Blue
06-25-2007, 10:55 PM
Yeah, I guess Upton would have to be ranked higher. #2 ain't bad, though.

Upton does have 7 months on him though. I say that only half kidding.

Betterread
06-25-2007, 10:57 PM
Adam Rosales also went 2-5 with a 3B and a pair of RBIs. He's hitting .292 in AA.

And don't neglect to mention the pitcher - 8 IP 3 hits 0 runs - James Avery drops his ERA from 5.29 to 4.80 in one start. Quietly, Danny Dorn is passing Stubbs and Szymanski (3-5, 3 RBIs tonight for Sarasota) as the second best OFer in the system (apologies to Dickerson, who I forlornly predict will never hit in the big leagues, which is too bad because he is a great fielder).

reds44
06-25-2007, 10:59 PM
And don't neglect to mention the pitcher - 8 IP 3 hits 0 runs - James Avery drops his ERA from 5.29 to 4.80 in one start. Quietly, Danny Dorn is passing Stubbs and Szymanski (3-5, 3 RBIs tonight for Sarasota) as the second best OFer in the system (apologies to Dickerson, who I forlornly predict will never hit in the big leagues, which is too bad because he is a great fielder).
Dorn isn't exactly ripping up Sarasota.

dougdirt
06-25-2007, 11:05 PM
Justin Upton.... I am not sold on him being better than Bruce at this point. His home/road splits in AA are quite polar opposites of eachother. His Home OPS is .546 points HIGHER than his road OPS. Its amazing what a ballpark will do for you sometimes.
His home park is easily the best hitters park in the league. It is well above average in allowing doubles, triples and HRs.

Aronchis
06-25-2007, 11:17 PM
The most dissappointing thing has been the poor pitching lately in the system. Guys like Gonzo,Avery,Lecure and Logan O have never really put up good numbers this year, Fisher has wilted, Wood probably never has been healthy and Cueto has struggled in some respects.

Definitely a downer for a organization that needs plenty of arm power.

pahster
06-25-2007, 11:34 PM
If they sign a cheap stop gap and the offence struggles next year and the Reds continue to lose the fans will be all over Krivsky and ownership. I think the Reds need to either make a big signing like Byrnes or take a big chance on starting Bruce from day 1 in 2008. They can't go cheap or everyone's going to be claiming they don't care. I KNOW Bob Castellini does not like that talk. Even the common Reds fan knows who Bruce is and would probably be in favor of starting him next year.

I'm sorry, just to be clear - you actually want the Reds to sign Byrnes to a multi year deal for $7-10 million per? This Eric Byrnes?

Career AVG/OBP/SLG/OPS+
.268/.327/.457/102

It's true that Byrnes is having a pretty nice year so far in 2007 (OPS+ of 126) but there is nothing indicating that he will continue to have this level of success. At age 31, he's not likely to improve much. I'd look for Byrnes to be this year's Gary Matthews Jr.

StillFunkyB
06-25-2007, 11:36 PM

Sorry to call you out here Reds44, but I feel the need to address this :)

There are more than a couple of "fans" on this board that I think would make much smarter decisions than some of the other management in baseball.

I do know what you are getting at though. :evil:

reds44
06-25-2007, 11:51 PM
I'm sorry, just to be clear - you actually want the Reds to sign Byrnes to a multi year deal for $7-10 million per? This Eric Byrnes?

Career AVG/OBP/SLG/OPS+
.268/.327/.457/102

It's true that Byrnes is having a pretty nice year so far in 2007 (OPS+ of 126) but there is nothing indicating that he will continue to have this level of success. At age 31, he's not likely to improve much. I'd look for Byrnes to be this year's Gary Matthews Jr.
The fans in Cincinnati would love Brynes because he is 'scrappy". I however, would never spend that much on Brynes. He really doesn't have a position in the lineup. I'd much rather give Dunn his $13 mil. then given Brynes 7-10.

Matthews really isn't having a bad year, but it's probably not worth how much money he is making.

Somebody had that list of free agent OFers, can somebody repost those please.

reds44
06-26-2007, 12:12 AM
Recap

Louisville Won 12-7 (http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?gid=2007_06_25_pawaaa_louaaa_1&t=g_box&did=milb)

Freel: 1-6, 2B, 2 RBI, 2 K
Lopez: 2-5, 2B, RBI, 2 R, BB
Bannon: 4-4, 2B, 6 RBI, R
Dickerson: 1-4, RBI, BB, 2 K
Dumatrait: 4.1 IP, 9 H, 8 ER, 4 BB, 4 K
Majewski: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, O K
Burton: 1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K
Saarloos: 1 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 0 K

Chatanooga Won 10-0 (http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?gid=2007_06_25_cngaax_hunaax_1&t=g_box&did=milb)

Janish: 1-4, 2B, 2 R, BB, K
Bruce: 4-6, 2 HR, 2B, 5 RBI, 2 R, K
Cruz: 0-3, 3 BB, 2 R
Rosales: 2-5, 3B, 2 RBI, R, K
Avery: 8 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 4 K

Sarasota Won 12-10 (http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?gid=2007_06_25_sarafa_vbdafa_1&t=g_box&did=milb)

Griffin: 4-6, 2 2B, 3 RBI, 3 R, K
Dorn: 3-5, 2B, 4 RBI, R, 2 K
Tatum: 2-5, 2 R, 2 K
Symanski: 1-1, RBI, R, BB

Dayton Lost 7-3 (http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?gid=2007_06_25_dayafx_souafx_1&t=g_box&did=milb)

Stubbs: 1-5, 2 K
Turner: 2-5, K
Valaika: 0-3
Francisco: 2-4, 2 K
Kainer: 0-4, 2 K
Gonzalez: 4.1 IP, 8 H, 6 ER, 3 BB, 0 K
Donaldson: 2.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 0 K

Billings Won 1-0 (http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?gid=2007_06_25_grfrok_bilrok_1&t=g_box&did=milb)

Tordi: 0-4, 3 K
Waring: 1-3, K
McKennon: 2-3, K
Mike Jones (who): 1-3, R, K
Ravin: 4 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 5 BB, 7 K
Rhoden: 4 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 3 K
Krebs: 1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K

VSL Rays/Reds Lost 10-4 (http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?gid=2007_06_25_vdrrok_vasrok_1&t=g_box&did=milb)

Rodriguez: 2-4, 3B, 2 R, BB
Contreras: 2-4, RBI, R, K
Omana: 1-4, RBI, K
Hernandez: 1-4

-GCL Reds had the day off.

juvey21
06-26-2007, 12:23 AM
rhoden put up some good numbers....no hits in 4 innings...keep it up!!!!!

RedEye
06-26-2007, 12:24 AM
The fans in Cincinnati would love Brynes because he is 'scrappy". I however, would never spend that much on Brynes. He really doesn't have a position in the lineup. I'd much rather give done his $13 mil. then given Brynes 7-10.

Was that intentional? ;)

reds44
06-26-2007, 12:30 AM
http://lookouts.com/images/news/Bruce-swinging-sm.jpg

Jay is a large man.

Johnny Cueto makes his AA debut tomorrow.

Caveat Emperor
06-26-2007, 12:45 AM
Krebs: 1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K

If Krebs ever hits for the cycle, they should give everyone with a Biology degree free admission to the ballpark the next day.

dougdirt
06-26-2007, 01:00 AM
http://images.chattanoogan.com/article_images/article_109366_large.jpg

Sea Ray
06-26-2007, 01:43 AM
Looking like bust city for Stubbs right now. Anyone think he'll just suddenly "figure it out"? That seems to be his only shot of being an impact player at this point.

They were kind of due for a bust. How many first rd picks make the majors? 50%? With Bailey and Bruce before him, that's 67% success. Much better than Bowden's years...

edabbs44
06-26-2007, 05:46 AM
Krivsky drafted Stubbs.

Was comparing the 2. Sorry..wasn't clear.

Chi-Town Red
06-26-2007, 07:42 AM
Jay Bruce....WOW!!!:thumbup:

UC_Ken
06-26-2007, 10:31 AM
They were kind of due for a bust. How many first rd picks make the majors? 50%? With Bailey and Bruce before him, that's 67% success. Much better than Bowden's years...

Bruce hasn't made the big leagues yet. It seems inevitable but I just don't want anyone to jinx him and see him end up with a serious injury. Because he certainly looks like a future superstar.

Every team in baseball would take our last three first round picks. Throw in Watson as the second round pick last year and we're doing really well.

Benihana
06-26-2007, 10:36 AM

so you are at least acknowledging that Bruce may in fact be the #2 prospect in all of baseball?

Sea Ray
06-26-2007, 02:49 PM
Bruce hasn't made the big leagues yet. It seems inevitable but I just don't want anyone to jinx him and see him end up with a serious injury. Because he certainly looks like a future superstar.

Every team in baseball would take our last three first round picks. Throw in Watson as the second round pick last year and we're doing really well.

Anything can happen but I think it is safe to say Bruce was a good pick. A GM can't be expected to forecast disasters