PDA

View Full Version : Guardado update

Reds Fanatic
06-26-2007, 05:08 PM
This from C. Trent. First Guardado has lower back problems now today his elbow is sore. I don't think you will see Guardado back any time soon.

Eddie Guardado didn't throw today. His elbow was sore -- "I'm so close, it's driving me crazy," he said.

RichRed
06-26-2007, 05:23 PM
So no World Series this year then?

VR
06-26-2007, 05:31 PM
I had a quick chat with Guardardo Saturday night, as he came over to sign autographs and talk with a couple of people who knew him from his days in Seattle.

I asked him when he was going to get activated...."a couple of weeks" was his reply, and it wasn't an optimistic reply.

He was in the OF for batting practice Friday and Saturday, but I never saw him throw a ball.

Wasn't too promising...although I had no hopes of him contributing at all this year anyway.

RedsManRick
06-26-2007, 05:39 PM
So no World Series this year then?

:bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl:

flyer85
06-26-2007, 05:42 PM
So no World Series this year then?:cry:

:lastyear:

gm
06-26-2007, 07:55 PM
He was in the OF for batting practice Friday and Saturday, but I never saw him throw a ball.

I saw him throwing long toss with Burton (I think, his back was to me) Sunday before the game while the kids were walking around the warning track. 20-30 yard tosses, he looked pretty loose to me. The funny thing was Eddie was backed up against all of the folks who were walking along right behind him along the LF foul line and Burton was throwing it up high, making Eddie stretch to catch the ball and "protect" the peeps

Maybe "Everday" overdid it with the long toss?

VR
06-26-2007, 11:11 PM
I saw him throwing long toss with Burton (I think, his back was to me) Sunday before the game while the kids were walking around the warning track. 20-30 yard tosses, he looked pretty loose to me. The funny thing was Eddie was backed up against all of the folks who were walking along right behind him along the LF foul line and Burton was throwing it up high, making Eddie stretch to catch the ball and "protect" the peeps

Maybe "Everday" overdid it with the long toss?

My 11yr old and I did that walk around the track...it was pretty cool, but it was Belisle and Gosling when I got around to left.

Marc D
06-26-2007, 11:44 PM
Man, if we could get EG's head on Lohse's body we might actually have something.

KronoRed
06-27-2007, 01:57 AM
Man, if we could get EG's head on Lohse's body we might actually have something.

One weird looking fellow

BRM
06-29-2007, 11:43 AM
From today's Enquirer.

EDDIE UPDATE: Veteran relief pitcher Eddie Guardado said Reds medical director Dr. Timothy Kremchek would examine his left forearm today.

Guardado was scheduled to throw a live batting practice session Tuesday, but was held off the mound because of tightness in the forearm. The left-hander underwent Tommy John surgery in September.

texasdave
06-29-2007, 12:10 PM
Someone please tell Senor Someday to relax. There is no big rush. The 2007 NL playoff train has already left the startion.

Ltlabner
06-29-2007, 12:14 PM
No kidding. Take it easy Eddie. You might be usefull in 2008 so don't kill yourself trying to get back this year.

OldXOhio
06-29-2007, 12:54 PM
Someone please tell Senor Someday to relax. There is no big rush. The 2007 NL playoff train has already left the startion.

Pass that along to Billy Bray while you're at it.

KronoRed
06-29-2007, 12:57 PM

Perhaps he's rushing back so he can get a trade out of tow.

BRM
07-13-2007, 11:33 AM
EDDIE'S READY: Eddie Guardado threw a bullpen session Wednesday.

He said he feels like his next session should be in a game - a big-league game.

"That's me," he said. "Why wait? What do we have to lose?"

Guardado has spent the season rehabbing from Tommy John surgery on his elbow.

camisadelgolf
07-13-2007, 12:41 PM
What do we have to lose? I guess just baseball games. No biggie.

smith288
07-13-2007, 12:45 PM
Well there goes our second half run.

KronoRed
07-13-2007, 01:30 PM
The streak starts soon

BRM
07-13-2007, 01:32 PM
The streak starts soon

Absolutely. Guardado and Bray = second half run.

indy_dave00
07-13-2007, 01:45 PM
I'll be honest I want to see Bill Bray back up here gaining valuable experience. Eddie Guardado is a trooper but his best days are behind him. If he could come back and look good he could be moved in a waivers deal come August when his experience would be an asset to a contending team.

BRM
07-27-2007, 11:21 AM
GUARDADO TO REHAB: Left-hander Eddie Guardado will go to Louisville on Saturday to begin a rehab stint.

"We'll see how he reacts on a day-to-day basis," Mackanin said. "Eddie wants to get back real bad. We want him back real bad. But we're going to make a smart decision."

Guardado's schedule calls for him to pitch five times over nine days with Louisville, including once back-to-back. If that all goes well, he'll be activated Aug. 7 when the Reds open a six-game homestand.