PDA

View Full Version : Trade just made...

Buckeye33
06-26-2007, 09:57 PM
10 team redraft. 7x7 +BB and Ks on offense . I am DEAD last in HR, and in the bottom 3 in RBI, R, BB, and K. I needed some offensive life infused. I also believe I am selling Shields at the right time (wish I would have 2 weeks ago), as well as Granderson not being able to keep his current pace. Lee will be lucky to hit 25 HRs.

I trade:

Derrek Lee
James Shields
Curtis Granderson

I receive:

Barry Bonds
Vernon Wells
Ian Kinsler

My post trade team:

C - Estrada (Piazza on DL)
1B - Helton
2B - Utley
SS - Hall
3B - Atkins
OF - Crawford
OF - Bonds
OF - Wells
UTIL - Kinsler or Abreu
BN - Pence
BN - Lowell

SP - Sheets, Smoltz, Carmona, Guthrie, Marshall, Gorzelanny, Carpenter (DL)
RP - F. Cordero, C. Cordero, Capps

Only way I have to go is up.

uoduck1017
06-27-2007, 01:23 AM
Only way I have to go is up.

You look like you have a decent team. What place are you in?

HumnHilghtFreel
06-27-2007, 04:40 AM
I dunno, Kinsler has only hit about 3 or 4 homeruns since his hot April and Wells' power numbers are down this year. Bonds could turn out okay if he stays at his current pace though, especially since BB are a category for you.

I'd start Lowell over the guys you have listed at UTIL

Buckeye33
06-27-2007, 10:57 PM
You look like you have a decent team. What place are you in?

I am currently in 9th place. My offense has been abysmal all season. That is why I went out and made this trade.

Bonds should give me 70+ walks the rest of the year, not K very much, and 20+ HRs. I am near last or last in HR, RBI, K, and BB.

Also banking on Wells to at least try to get back to his normal self.

Buckeye33
06-27-2007, 10:59 PM
I dunno, Kinsler has only hit about 3 or 4 homeruns since his hot April and Wells' power numbers are down this year. Bonds could turn out okay if he stays at his current pace though, especially since BB are a category for you.

I'd start Lowell over the guys you have listed at UTIL

I was starting Lowell at 3B before I picked up Atkins (off waivers btw) but he was out of the lineup for awhile and has slowed considerably.

Wells should put up 15-20 HRs the rest of the year. Kinsler is a question mark, but he has the potential to go on another HR binge like earlier, and has been hot lately.

NJReds
07-03-2007, 01:58 PM
It's a worthy risk. When you're trying to catch up, it's much more difficult to stay patient --you often have to take risks.

Buckeye33
07-03-2007, 03:16 PM
It's a worthy risk. When you're trying to catch up, it's much more difficult to stay patient --you often have to take risks.

It hurts some that Kinsler just went out for a month, but I wasn't really counting on him as much as I was Bonds and Wells. They have both paid large dividends in the short time I've had them.

I really think Wells will have a monster 2nd half and Bonds should keep his pace that he's had so far. I'm really counting on the walks, HRs, and lack of Ks Bonds will provide.

Red Leader
07-03-2007, 03:48 PM
Too bad there's not a "gigantic head" category, or Bonds would still be a 5 tool fool.

Sorry. I had to vent. I feel better. Carry on.

Buckeye33
07-06-2007, 08:39 AM
Here is another trade I just did in this same league.

I trade:

Helton
Abreu
F. Cordero

I receive:

Hafner
Pierre

I'm taking a risk that Hafner will explode in the 2nd half but I think it's a worth y risk. Cordero has to go down, Abreu could recover but who knows, and Helton is good but lacks power.

My new team after this deal:

C - Estrada
1B - Hafner
2B - Utley
3B - Atkins
SS - Hall
MI - K. Greene
OF - Bonds
OF - Wells
OF - Crawford
UTIL - Pierre
BN - Lowell
BN - Pence
BN - Braun

SP - Smoltz
SP - Carmona
SP - Guthrie
SP - Gorzelanny
SP - Sheets
SP - Billingsley
RP - Capps
RP - C. Cordero
RP- Alfonseca

I'll be looking to trade Lowell or Braun for a MI and/or a closer. I might try to get a more reliable starter for Pence.