PDA

View Full Version : Found This Intersting: Danny Graves Update

GSURedsfan
06-28-2007, 08:37 AM
Everett's Long Island experience has a touch of Florida high school reunion to it. In the early 1990s, Everett was a budding star at Hillsborough High, the same school that sent Dwight Gooden and Gary Sheffield to pro ball. Danny Graves was an undersized righty with a middling fastball for nearby Brandon High.

Now they're teammates in pursuit of a similar goal. Graves, who suffered an oblique injury in spring training and was released by Colorado, is closing games for Long Island and creeping back into the upper 80s with his fastball. Everett, 10 pounds too heavy, wants to show he has enough life in his bat and body for one more crack in the big leagues.

When was Graves' Fastball ever that low? (The end of his tenure with the Reds is the only time I can ever think of) But seriously? when he was pitching regularly, he was hitting the low to mid 90's.

Brent

nate
06-28-2007, 09:04 AM
I don't remember him pitching into the 90's after the whole starter attempt didn't pan out. I also remember that lost the sink on his sinker.