PDA

View Full Version : Introductions Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

dabvu2498
05-11-2006, 12:44 PM
1. Are you a Reds Fan?
Yeah dawg.

2. If so, what made you become a Reds Fan?
Cursed from birth.

3. How did you learn about RedsZone?
Lucky guess.

4. How old are you?

5. Where are you from?
Middletown

6. Do you drink or take drugs? If not, why are you a Reds fan?
Cursed from birth

7. Have you now or ever been a member of the communist party?
Not that Red.

8. Do you know who the Gang of 10 are?
Are they attached to my hands?

9. Are you now or have you ever been affliated with Richard Hand or Gallagher?
Squashing watermelons is cool.

10. Do you wipe front to back or back to front?
Get it clean... that's my motto.

11. Would you consider having your testicles (if you are male) cut off if it would guarentee a Reds World Championship?
Naw, baby, naw!!!

12. Do you think Adam Dunn is overrated and strikes out too much?
No and yes

13. Which Reds player would you most like to go on a double date with and why? Ryan Freel. None... they'd all make me look bad.

14. What do you think you can ad to RedsZone?
An enlightened view of baseball and the world (in that order)

15. Do you think Jim Edmonds is a showboater?
Who cares?

terminator
05-19-2006, 12:13 PM
Just wanted to say "hello" in this thread before I headed to the other forums! Nice to see so many Reds fans. :)

KronoRed
05-19-2006, 04:33 PM
Welcome :wave:

RedsRFreel
05-22-2006, 08:52 PM
My first post! How does the reputation thing work? Why is the chat room empty?

BoydsOfSummer
05-22-2006, 09:23 PM
You can't see anybody in chat until you reach ten posts. Welcome to the Zone.

Boss-Hog
05-22-2006, 10:56 PM
You can't see anybody in chat until you reach ten posts. Welcome to the Zone.
Can anyone else confirm this? If so, that's not by design.

EddieMilner
06-01-2006, 02:58 PM
Hi,

I have been a Reds fan for a while, and a lurker on this site. I finally decided to bite the bullet and join. I am excited about the new GM (WK) and hope the reds can make a run at the playoffs in the not so distant future.

GO REDS

EddieMilner
06-01-2006, 03:02 PM
I just signed up, and I can only come into the Non-Baseball Chatter to actually post. Can someone give me a heads up on what I have to do to be able to post in the baseball area?

gonelong
06-01-2006, 03:12 PM
I just signed up, and I can only come into the Non-Baseball Chatter to actually post. Can someone give me a heads up on what I have to do to be able to post in the baseball area?

Welcome, Eddie Milner was a favorite of mine during the '83-'85 campaigns. Looking back I am not sure why, but I guess I was a small, scrawney dude back then and connected with him that way.

No idea why you can't post though. I am sure someone will come along shortly and let you know what is up.

GL

EddieMilner
06-01-2006, 03:12 PM
1. Are you a Reds Fan?
Yeap. for the last few years the answer was usually "Unfortunately" but hopefully this year is better.

2. If so, what made you become a Reds Fan?
My pops coming home from work on a Friday night after a long week and asking if I wanted to go to the game. I had my first sip of beer, first dip, first score sheet, first hot dog, and said my first profane word at Riverfront.

from redreporter.com

4. How old are you?

5. Where are you from?
Grew up in cincy, now live in northern indiana

I drink, heavily.

Nope

nope

nope

front to back

11. Would you consider having your testicles (if you are male) cut off if it would guarentee a Reds World Championship?
i would cut one off and be a uni for the rest of my life if it could bring my reds back to glory.

He strikes out too much, but he gets on base a ton.

13. Which Reds player would you most like to go on a double date with and why? Freel, with his DUIs you know he's a good time.

a love for Eddie Milner

whatever

EddieMilner
06-01-2006, 03:14 PM
I grew up two houses down from Eddie Milner and he would always throw pitches to us in the backyard. Nicest guy I ever met. I have about 30 Eddie Milner signed baseball cards because of it, they probably are worth a collective $.13 but i've kept them for 20 years and through 8 moves.

KronoRed
06-01-2006, 05:14 PM
Welcome Eddie :wave:

jr3fan
06-01-2006, 11:17 PM
Hey, everybody. I'm new to this site. I heard about it from a fellow Reds fan.
I am from Louisville, and became a fan when Louisville became the Reds Triple-A affiliate and when the Reds acquired Jr., who has always been my favorite player. I'm looking forward to great discussions on here. I am an avid fan. I keep up with the Reds on FSN Ohio, reds.com, WLW (Marty and Steve rule!) and now this fan zone.

bounty37h
06-02-2006, 04:31 PM
well, where do I start? My parents are from Ohio originally-Tiffin, Finley, and moved out of Ohio from Cincy to various states before stopping in North Carolina, where I was born. My dad raised me on the Reds, telling me stories of drinking beer with Ted K, sneaking into games after he got out of work, and teaching me ball on the Big Red Machine. I used to dress up in my soccer shins, cowboy vest on backwards, and a halloween mask to pretend I was Johnny Bench catching-and ended up staying a catcher through college and a semi-pro league. My dad and I drove from NC to Cooperstown to watch Bench get inducted-chained my chair to a fence overnight and slept in it to make sure I was front row of the crwod. I go to Spring Training yearly, and try to catch the Reds when/where I can. Oddly enough, i have never been to a game in Cincy though ;( I am now 31, live in NC still, and work with disadvantaged youth. Go to Durham Bulls games all the time, esp when the bats are in town. I got to go out and hang out with many of em a few years back-including Dunn and Kearns, after a game! I am new here, been on a few other randmom boards here and there. Besides the Reds, I am a huge Steelers fan, and UNC Tar Heels fan in every sport!!!!

OldRightHander
06-02-2006, 07:25 PM
Besides the Reds, I am a huge Steelers fan, and UNC Tar Heels fan in every sport!!!!

It's a good thing most of us are a rather forgiving lot and and overlook minor flaws like that. ;)

wally post
06-02-2006, 08:31 PM
I think this is a good time for this kind of thread, just to show how much incredible diversity exists here on redszone!

I grew up in Cincy - moved around a lot after dropping out of two music schools (including UC conservatory of Music) and have mostly lived in new York City since the mid 70s.

I am a professional musician - a drummer. I've recorded with BB King, Robbie Robertson, Carly Simon, Joan Osborne, The Knack and a ton more and toured with a bunch of people - from heavy metal (Ace Frehley) to jazz (Bill Evans) (that's the short version... I hate listing all the people) i also am now an educator with a book - an instructional DVD and a semi-regular column in the leading drummer's magazine. Besides playing gigs, I also do what we call Drum Clinics - and Master Classes. Sometimes at universities - and sometimes at music stores.

i don't have the time to hang out and enter conversations too often, but I get immense pleasure from this group. I'm pretty much here for aminute at least eveery day! I've learned alot from people on this site. The mods are Gods :D
In all, I think we are ALL very exceptional!
anyhoo - there ya go.

GO REDS!

BuckWoody
06-05-2006, 10:02 AM
It's a good thing most of us are a rather forgiving lot and and overlook minor flaws like that. ;)
Minor?!?

j/k...maybe. Welcome bounty! ;)

westofyou
06-05-2006, 10:53 AM
My parents are from Ohio originally-TiffinAnnie Oakley Country.

BuckWoody
06-05-2006, 11:00 AM
Annie Oakley Country.
People from Greenville might dispute that a bit. ;)

westofyou
06-05-2006, 11:02 AM
People from Greenville might dispute that a bit. ;)
Really? I just read Tiffin last night in The Devil in White City (of course I always read Cincinnati in the Britnaticas of the past)

BuckWoody
06-05-2006, 11:15 AM
Really? I just read Tiffin last night in The Devil in White City (of course I always read Cincinnati in the Britnaticas of the past)
She came to prominence in Cincinnati but was born and raised in Darke County just north of Greenville. There's a statue downtown, a museum largely dedicated to her, and an annual Annie Oakley Days celebration. She's bigger there than the treaty, even. ;)

Joseph
06-05-2006, 11:18 AM
I am a professional musician - a drummer. I've recorded with BB King, Robbie Robertson, Carly Simon, Joan Osborne, The Knack and a ton more and toured with a bunch of people - from heavy metal (Ace Frehley) to jazz (Bill Evans) (that's the short version... I hate listing all the people) i also am now an educator with a book - an instructional DVD and a semi-regular column in the leading drummer's magazine. Besides playing gigs, I also do what we call Drum Clinics - and Master Classes. Sometimes at universities - and sometimes at music stores.

Ace Frehley ruled when I was growing up.

Welcome to the 'Zone™

westofyou
06-05-2006, 11:21 AM
Ace Frehley ruled when I was growing up.

Welcome to the 'Zone™

He ain't got nothin on the Vinnie Vincent Invasion.

Joseph
06-05-2006, 11:56 AM

So say the guys from Slaughter.

RedFanAlways1966
06-05-2006, 12:08 PM

The definition of.... more notes does not mean you are better!!

"Boys are gonna rock..." in song-title only.

westofyou
06-05-2006, 12:08 PM
So say the guys from Slaughter.
Greatest Rock Story Coup of the eighties.

bounty37h
06-05-2006, 04:03 PM
Minor?!?

j/k...maybe. Welcome bounty! ;)

Thanks all. I am a Steelers fan simply because my family made its last move to NC from Pittsburgh, and was raised wearing Steelers gear. But, when I was introduced to baseball by my dad, he encouraged me to find a team of my own (he was a Tigers fan), and I picked the Reds. So, I figure that is a stronger allegiance, as I picked my destiny there.

buckeyefred
06-11-2006, 04:37 AM
Hello.

BoydsOfSummer
06-11-2006, 04:52 PM
:beerme: :wave: :welcome:

Outshined_One
06-12-2006, 08:20 PM
Well, I figured it's about time I officially introduced myself. :)

1. Are you a Reds Fan?

Nope. I pretty much came out of the womb with a Cubs hat on my head. There are pictures of me a few hours old with a baby-sized Cubs hat on.

Yes, I realized I was doomed from the get-go.

2. If so, what made you become a Reds Fan. If not, why are you on this forum?

It's really hard to find baseball forums that encourage both the atmosphere of this site and a diversity of views on everything in baseball. A lot of baseball fan sites out there are either madhouses or full of really stubborn and nasty people. However, this one avoids that quite nicely.

This thread (http://www.northsidebaseball.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=8083) on NSBB.com, which is my primary haunt.

4. How old are you?

5. Where are you from?

North side of Chicago.

Boo Lois, yay beer!

I refuse to answer the rest of those questions, although I do think Adam Dunn is one of the best offensive players of this generation. :D

Hangar18
06-16-2006, 12:30 PM
Greetings and Salutations! Ive "lurked" here from time to time and in honor of the upcoming series this weekend, decided to join up. Im from Chicago and a die-hard White Sox fan, but I do cheer loudly for your Reds when they play the NL club up north. Im going to be in your town in the next 24 hours and will get my first look at your new ballpark. Havnt been to Cincinnati in quite some time, last time I was there, I visited with an ex Sox player who is from Cincy, that was fun, I'll have to write about it sometime for you guys.

I will post a question regarding GOOD BARS to go to walking distance of the park. I like cold beer, so hope you guys have good suggestions.
Thanks again

KronoRed
06-16-2006, 04:58 PM
Welcome :D

SteveJRogers
06-22-2006, 04:29 PM
Well, I'm a HUGE Mets fan, surfed in from a Mets site actually called cranepoolforum.com

Anyway, I'm a huge baseball fan second and love all forums of baseball discussion, I'm even on Bill Lack's CintiRed listserv on the Miami of Ohio Listserv

I consider myself a Reds fan second. Not as big as a Met fan, but do consider the Reds my second favorite team.

Probably because I went to a Mets-Reds game in 1985 at Shea (I live in the New York City area) when I was an 8 year old little guy. I also have a fondness for baseball history, and kind of grew a fondness for the Big Red Machine of the 1970's, as they were the last NL team to have anything resembling a sustained dynasty untill the Braves

Seems like a good place for some good baseball chatter...

Steve

RicFlair
06-23-2006, 12:32 AM
Greetings.

I like the Reds. I like sports. That's about it, really. (I'm a boring guy.) :sleep:

Chip R
06-23-2006, 12:38 AM
Greetings.

I like the Reds. I like sports. That's about it, really. (I'm a boring guy.) :sleep:

You aren't doing your screen name justice then. ;)

RicFlair
06-23-2006, 12:45 AM
I suppose occasionally I can "style and profile." :) Wooooo!

Chip R
06-23-2006, 12:53 AM
I suppose occasionally I can "style and profile." :) Wooooo!

I don't know if you know or not but there's an inside joke around here about Rich Aurilia. Some felt he was a guy we loved to hate so we started calling Aurilia the Nature Boy. So if you see that reference in a game thread, you'll know now. Welcome aboard. Whooooooo! :)

RicFlair
06-23-2006, 01:08 AM
Haha. Thanks for the heads up.

D*G*K
06-25-2006, 11:25 PM
im the new guy. just found this place. :redszone:

KronoRed
06-25-2006, 11:31 PM
Welcome :)

willarious
07-01-2006, 01:22 AM
1. Are you a Reds Fan?
4. How old are you?
5. Where are you from?
13. Which Reds player would you most like to go on a double date with and why?

Hello, my name is Kevin. I'm not sure if I have to do this, but I guess it's all in fun.

1. Yes
2. Hometown team
3. From the ESPN message board
4. 17
5. Cincinnati
6. No, the Reds will always be my favorite team
7. No
8. No
9. No
10. Back to front
11. Maybe
12. No
13. Adam Dunn, he reminds me of my favorite person, Will Ferrell
14. I think I can add another d to the ad in that question
15. Yes

MATT IN CHAR NC
07-03-2006, 09:31 AM
Hello, Redszone. My name is Matt, and my Daddy has been a member here at Redszone for a long time. I have been bugging him to let me be a member. I love to play baseball and I play first base and bat fourth for my Little League All Star team. I love the Reds and like to read all about them here at Redszone. I watch them every time they are on TV with my dad when I am not playing games of my own.

RedsBaron
07-03-2006, 09:57 AM
Hi Matt. Welcome aboard!

RFS62
07-03-2006, 10:35 AM
Hey Matt!!! I've heard a lot about you, and if you're anything like your dad, I really look forward to talking about baseball with you.

Also, could I get an autograph now before they get too expensive?

RedsBaron
07-03-2006, 11:19 AM
Also, could I get an autograph now before they get too expensive?
Whoa, Matt, don't let RFS take advantage of you-hold out for a good price for your autograph. Maybe you should get a lawyer/agent. I can get you a good deal.;)

RFS62
07-03-2006, 11:30 AM
Whoa, Matt, don't let RFS take advantage of you-hold out for a good price for your autograph. Maybe you should get a lawyer/agent. I can get you a good deal.;)

Geez!!!

Wouldn't you know it. The word is already out, and the agents are lining up!!!

:p:

MATT IN CHAR NC
07-03-2006, 12:11 PM
I don't think I am ready to charge for my autograph. They are free right now. My dad says you like to play golf, RFS62. I like to play too. My mom and dad didn't take me when they played at Pinehurst. :angry: I didn't think that was fair. I could have at least been a caddie. I'm glad that I already have two friends at Redszone.:)

rosefan
07-03-2006, 05:00 PM
Just wanted to say hello to all the reds fans here. I just signed up and was just checking things out. I have been a reds fan all my life, a long time. Big Red Machine is still my favorite team but love every reds team. I was wodering also how to email the reds on radio and tv. Thanks for any help.....Mike

KronoRed
07-03-2006, 05:18 PM
Welcome Matt :)

KronoRed
07-03-2006, 05:19 PM

savafan
07-03-2006, 05:25 PM
martyandsteve@redsonradio.com

Not sure about the TV guys

HumnHilghtFreel
07-04-2006, 03:23 AM
Guess I shoulda come here first, but I didn't see/pay attention to this thread when I first started and got rollin in game updates lol. But hey all.

BoydsOfSummer
07-04-2006, 05:30 PM
Tell Marty,Rik from Hamilton says hi. :D

pedro
07-04-2006, 07:03 PM
Hello, Redszone. My name is Matt, and my Daddy has been a member here at Redszone for a long time. I have been bugging him to let me be a member. I love to play baseball and I play first base and bat fourth for my Little League All Star team. I love the Reds and like to read all about them here at Redszone. I watch them every time they are on TV with my dad when I am not playing games of my own.

Welcome Matt!

Tom B
07-05-2006, 04:02 PM
Hey everyone! New to this board, stumbled upon while trying to do some internet searches for some info on a childhood friend Tom Shearn and how he was doing in the Reds Organization. Iam also a BIG Reds fan as well, actually went to the Reds vs Indians game on last Friday night and was treated to Adam Dunn hitting a walk off grand slam! :beerme: Good game, to bad they blew the rest of the series.

Redsland
07-05-2006, 04:13 PM
:welcome:

Gallen5862
07-05-2006, 04:34 PM
:welcome: :wave:

buckeye2743
07-06-2006, 01:00 AM
hey im also new to this board but have been a lifelong reds fan and will continue even through what seems like is gonna be another Dark Age with Narron at the helm but Krivsky will fix em up as fast as he can im sure

KronoRed
07-06-2006, 01:30 AM

goreds2
07-06-2006, 01:23 PM
Hello,

Thanks for accepting my membership. I have been following the Reds since 1973. My boy has all my 1970's Reds posters (framed) in his room. He has Pete Rose, Tom Seaver, Johnny Bench and Dave Concepcion.

Hopefully, the Reds can win out before the All-Star break. (fingers crossed)

KronoRed
07-06-2006, 04:52 PM
Welcome goreds2 :)

goreds2
07-06-2006, 07:15 PM
Thanks,

Let's break the losing streak tonight. :beerme:

FutureRedsGM
07-06-2006, 09:58 PM
Here's my intro!!

I've been a viewer here for over a year, but I have finally decided that I want to have some input. I am a 31 year old fan of the Reds. I started loving the Reds as an early teen when guys like Eric Davis and Barry Larkin were my heros. I am from the Louisville, KY area. Nice to meet all of you all. I have really enjoyed the things that you have added to my Reds experience in the last couple years and I hope that I can contribure a fraction of the knowledge that you have given to me. HELLO ALL!!!!

redsin2006
07-07-2006, 03:25 AM
I went to my first reds game in 1965. I was 7 and I remember I had a popcorn box (that doubled as a megaphone) and I had it signed by a few of the reds. My dad said if we stood near the clubhouse I could get an autograph. I got Rose, Pinson, and a few others.

What really stands out in my mind was the trip to the game. We lived in Milford and the ballpark was on the west end so the trip took about 40 minutes (or long enough to want to pee) and my dad stopped the 57 chevywagon on I-75, opened both doors on the passenger side and said "GO", and I did. We parked by Union Terminal.

rude
07-07-2006, 03:23 PM
Hello. I'm rude. No really. I'm rude. It's my REAL name. Well, real last name.

Anyhoo, growing up my fondest Reds memories are sitting on the back porch with my Grandfather, eating ice cream and listening to Marty and Joe.

I was fortunate enough to enjoy many a game during the BRM era. I was there the night that Tony Perez became the all-time Reds leader in RBI's (since broken by Bench) and got his autograph after the game. I was there the night Johnny Bench hit his only pinch-hit home run. I remember being at a game where Pete Rose led off with a home run to left.

Other Reds memories: My Mom almost having a fingernail completely ripped off trying to snag a foul ball, getting written-up by an R.A. for making too much noise in college while I was listening to Ron Robinson almost pitch a no-hitter. Watching the Reds sweep the A's with my late Step-Father. Tearing up when Bench hit his home run on Johnny Bench night and raising his index finger to the crowd as he rounded the bases. Watching Sparky Anderson "talking" to the umps with his hands in his backpockets. Being nicknamed "Charlie Hustle" by the guys on my softball team because I play just like Pete did. Always wearing #5 when I play any sport (yes, I once gave a guy a case of beer just so I could have the number ala Mitch Williams and John Kruk).

I live down here in New Orleans (we're fine...very little damage to our property...we were fortunate) and listen to the games on XM Satellite Radio or watch them on MLB Gameplan.

Glad to be aboard.

KronoRed
07-07-2006, 04:27 PM
Welcome Rude :D

Golden Hands
07-07-2006, 08:39 PM
hey I figured old Golden Hands Castro needed a supporter on this site since even people like aurilla have them so I am posting ont his board after lurking for a while and will stay a Reds fan throughout the bad bulpen woes

goreds2
07-07-2006, 09:35 PM
Hello. I'm rude. No really. I'm rude. It's my REAL name. Well, real last name.

Anyhoo, growing up my fondest Reds memories are sitting on the back porch with my Grandfather, eating ice cream and listening to Marty and Joe.

I was fortunate enough to enjoy many a game during the BRM era. I was there the night that Tony Perez became the all-time Reds leader in RBI's (since broken by Bench) and got his autograph after the game. I was there the night Johnny Bench hit his only pinch-hit home run. I remember being at a game where Pete Rose led off with a home run to left.

Other Reds memories: My Mom almost having a fingernail completely ripped off trying to snag a foul ball, getting written-up by an R.A. for making too much noise in college while I was listening to Ron Robinson almost pitch a no-hitter. Watching the Reds sweep the A's with my late Step-Father. Tearing up when Bench hit his home run on Johnny Bench night and raising his index finger to the crowd as he rounded the bases. Watching Sparky Anderson "talking" to the umps with his hands in his backpockets. Being nicknamed "Charlie Hustle" by the guys on my softball team because I play just like Pete did. Always wearing #5 when I play any sport (yes, I once gave a guy a case of beer just so I could have the number ala Mitch Williams and John Kruk).

I live down here in New Orleans (we're fine...very little damage to our property...we were fortunate) and listen to the games on XM Satellite Radio or watch them on MLB Gameplan.

Glad to be aboard.

Glad you are here rude. (rude and I communicate via an XM website on occasion)

Where's gilpdawg? ;)

RedsBaron
07-08-2006, 08:54 AM
I went to my first reds game in 1965. I was 7 and I remember I had a popcorn box (that doubled as a megaphone) and I had it signed by a few of the reds. My dad said if we stood near the clubhouse I could get an autograph. I got Rose, Pinson, and a few others.

What really stands out in my mind was the trip to the game. We lived in Milford and the ballpark was on the west end so the trip took about 40 minutes (or long enough to want to pee) and my dad stopped the 57 chevywagon on I-75, opened both doors on the passenger side and said "GO", and I did. We parked by Union Terminal.
Welcome. I remember those popcorn boxes that doubled as a megaphone (after you ate the popcorn;) ). I went to my first Reds game in 1965, too, only I was a 10 year old Cardinal fan then; I took a photo of Steve Carlton posing beside the dugout prior to the game. We also were at Union Terminal, because we rode the train from Huntington, WV to Cincinnati.

RedsBaron
07-08-2006, 08:55 AM
Welcome Rude. We've had some rude posters here before, but you are the first official Rude poster we've had.;)

col4life
07-08-2006, 04:03 PM
Hey guys, first post here, but I've been lurking a long time... love reading everyone's insightful posts.

BoydsOfSummer
07-08-2006, 09:31 PM
:welcome: :wave:

Ron Freeland
07-09-2006, 04:49 AM
Hi im obviously new, i dont remember all the questions im suppose to answer so i will give one answer that covers all. Ive been a reds fan all my life and i think i could give the team a few innings of relief and they wouldnt lose a beat! GO REDS

KronoRed
07-09-2006, 06:01 AM

Caveat Emperor
07-09-2006, 11:34 PM

Tulane University, class of 2003. I loved living down in New Orleans, but I wish XM had been carrying the baseball games when I lived down there -- it would've made life so much easier!

Welcome Aboard! :wave:

I'm instantly cool with anyone named Matt. Best name ever, if you ask me. :thumbup:

Welcome to you well! (My father is an RZ member too, but he just lurks.) :wave:

dabvu2498
07-09-2006, 11:36 PM
hey I figured old Golden Hands Castro needed a supporter on this site since even people like aurilla have them so I am posting ont his board after lurking for a while and will stay a Reds fan throughout the bad bulpen woes
Can't wait to hear the comments on that handle.

BuckWoody
07-11-2006, 11:55 AM

Can't wait to hear the comments on that handle.
It's a good thing you clarified...I thought maybe you were a Moises Alou fan. http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f307/buckwoody/Drums.gif

Welcome!

LexingtonRedleg
07-12-2006, 10:22 AM
Yes, it's mandatory. Also you need to answer the following quesitons:

1. Are you a Reds Fan?
4. How old are you?
5. Where are you from?

I wanted to start a new thread introducing myself and "do it up right!", but this will do. I'm a medical salesman, living in Lexington. I've been married 2 1/2 years now (I'll post the pictures later), have two dogs (pictures to come later), love to play golf, and I'm enjoying seeing the Reds organization move in the right direction. My gut is telling me that this is not the year we make a splash, but it is coming soon. One more thing, I'm a Wildcat at heart. UK Basketball is my other sports passion. I'm sure some of you are the same, some may root for the Bearcats, others Dayton or Xavier, and others from all over the country. I look forward to posting here and can't wait to see our beloved Redlegs take home a pennant in the near future. The future of Cincinnati sports looks bright!

Now, on to the questions:

1. Yes
2. Marty and Joe. Listening to them calling summer ballgames while sitting on the back porch with my great grandpa. Like Cawood Ledford at UK, Marty is truly the best, and we didn't need TV at grandpa's. I have very fond memories of these times. Me and Grandpa on the back patio, sometimes listening to the rain hitting the aluminum awning, sipping grandma's lemonade with mint in it, eating a hot dog, swinging a bat or acting like i was pitching, imitating the radio. I could go on...
3. Can't recall. I've known about it, but never joined.
4. 25
5. Have lived in Lexington for about six years now. Originally from Northern Kentucky (Ludlow, Cold Spring, and Alexandria)
6. No drugs. I like have a beer at dinner out or golfing.
7. No.
8. No.
9. No.
10. Both
11. No. It'll happen. Our WS is more recent than anyone in the Central Division, so, we're good.
12. A resounding YES!
13. Austin Kearns. I played against him in high school (I even struck him out twice in one game, and have the box score to prove it). Just to talk about baseball, his trek up through the system, Lexington, high school ball, etc.
14. :bang: :mooner: :laugh: Who knows? My take on things.
15. No.

jsud03
07-12-2006, 12:51 PM
Had to leave the espn.com board and make my way over here...Go Reds!

BoydsOfSummer
07-12-2006, 02:25 PM
Saliente!

Rob Dicken
07-14-2006, 02:53 PM
Hey people.

I've been here over a year and just have casually posted a thread here and there. Haven't been much of a regular poster. Just came in, and decided what a great community this is, so I believe I am going to post more often.

I am from Indiana, been a Reds fan my entire life, and have had friends drafted by the Reds.

I play semi-pro baseball in The Greater Cincinnati area, and am a memorabilia collector. Got anything you'd like to sell, CONTACT ME! :D

I am also an avid video game player (they need to make a great baseball game! ESPN Baseball sucks!), as I have a XBOX 360, and Nintendo DS Lite.

I am also big into pro wrestling, football, and computers (I work for Dell).

If you have any questions what so ever, or would just like to casually talk. PM me! Thanks! :thumbup:

1. Are you a Reds Fan?
yes

1990 Reds World Series Win. It got me interested in baseball, and it became my passion, on and off the field throughout school, and even in College. Now, as I manage a Semi-Pro baseball team, it has become even more of a passion.

From a friend.

4. How old are you?

5. Where are you from?
Southeastern, Indiana

I drink beer occasionally. Not a HUGE drinker.

No.

No.

No.

Front to back.

No. Some things are just not sacrificable.

Nope. Strikes out a lot, but not over rated.

Javier Valentin. Probably one of the most down to earth baseball players I have ever met. Not to mention, he's short, and I would feel like a monster towering over him.

My knowledge of the game from the 90's and current.

Somewhat.

KronoRed
07-14-2006, 04:57 PM

Blondini
07-14-2006, 11:09 PM
My goodness, I can't remember the last time I stopped by RedsZone, but it's been a while.

Some of you might remember me as KayJay, others as KAppaloosa....back a few years ago when Junior changed leagues and teams.

Guess what? All is copacetic with me :).

But I stopped by to put my 2c worth in about Eddie Guardado (in short, he's a real nailbiter pitcher these days). I hope he comes through, and actually HELPS the Reds get to the postseason. I know Junior would like that.

I'm also still following the Red Sox too -- most Red Sox fans think it's pretty ironic that Bronson Arroyo (whom the idiotic Tim McCarver STILL thinks is "Brandon" Arroyo) is a Reds All-Star...but they're really happy for him and glad he's switched leagues so successfully (they call him Saturn Balls).

I'll probably drop by again before the season ends, if all goes well...

dieselman44
07-14-2006, 11:46 PM
Hey guys new poster here.

1. Are you a Reds Fan?
yes

lived my whole life in the nati, and my dad always was watching them on tv so ive grow to be a fan.

From a go-bengals.com.

4. How old are you?

5. Where are you from?
milford, ohio, but i go to ohio state currenty

I drink beer a lot. No drugs

No.

No.

No.

Front to back.

Nope. The reds can do it without me needing to help.

Nope. he will improve daily with his new lighter bat.

jason larue, id talk hunting with him for the entire date.

i played baseball for 17 years, went to state finals in high school, and played ball in college.

Hell yeah.

BoydsOfSummer
07-14-2006, 11:53 PM
Welcome back and welcome aboard you'uns.

willarious
07-15-2006, 07:34 PM
I already introduced myself but I think I snuck under the radar. My name is Kevin, and I love the Reds. This is a great site and I hope to engage in some great baseball discussion.

Redsland
07-16-2006, 08:57 PM

Tuna
07-16-2006, 11:22 PM
Hey guys first post, but I've been lookin around for a while.

victor64
07-17-2006, 10:04 AM
Born and raised in Cincinnati. Live now in west central OH. Heard this site was the place to get the real scoop on Reds baseball.

sparkysboys7576
07-17-2006, 01:19 PM
Hello Everyone. I Am New To Redszone And, I Thought I Would Introduce Myself And, Say Hello. I Look Forward To Talking To Everyone Here About The Reds. I Have Been A Reds Fan All My Life And, Always Will Be. Thank You.

GIK
07-17-2006, 01:42 PM
Welcome aboard, everyone.

Benny-Distefano
07-17-2006, 02:25 PM
well you are certainly off to a good start. :doh:

rcb126
07-17-2006, 03:42 PM
Hi Guys,
I'm actually a Mets fan from New Jersey

<---------ducking :)

I'm not a flamer and not one of those "my team is better than yours" people.

I like to go onto other teams fan sites to have intelligent conversations with other teams fans and find out more about the team and how their fans perceive them. Hope I'm welcome here. I saw the Reds in NYC when they were there earlier this year and was very impressed with Phillips and Freel. I think the trade you guys made with the Nats will help you since there's no way you compete with the Cards without a solid bullpen. By the way, what's up with Freel? I checked the box scores for the Colorado series and noticed he hardly played, is he injured or in a slump?

KronoRed
07-17-2006, 05:30 PM
Hello :wave:

redsmetz
07-17-2006, 05:53 PM
By the way, what's up with Freel? I checked the box scores for the Colorado series and noticed he hardly played, is he injured or in a slump?

Welcome. Freel is nursing a sore shoulder. I believe he's available to pinch hit or run. Should be just a few days more.

rcb126
07-17-2006, 06:28 PM
Thanks for the welcome Krono and thanks for the info Redsmetz. Hopefully we'll miss Freel for this upcoming series, that guy can flat out play. But the bad news for you is Reyes is back starting Tuesday. It'll be a good series.

Ron Madden
07-18-2006, 04:17 AM
Welcome :welcome:

KalDanielsfan
07-20-2006, 12:43 AM
Just saying hello and looking forward to engaging in some good convo about our reds. I was born and raised in southern ohio, went to college at Miami University in Oxford, and then moved to Los Angeles after graduation about 5 years ago.

Love the Reds and look forward to some good baseball banter.

KronoRed
07-20-2006, 02:38 AM

GAC
07-20-2006, 07:23 AM
Welcome!

But get out of LA before Dodger Blue infects you! ;)

TnLadyRedsFan
07-20-2006, 02:08 PM
Hey all Reds Fans,
I just wanted to introduce myself and say I have been reading forever. I was raised in SE Ky where my Dad was a die hard Reds fan and took us to the games since my sis lives in N Ky. I now live in Northeast Tn and watch the Reds on Fox but have been to a few games in the last few years. I also am a Cubs Fan (bless my heart), somebody has to pull for the underdogs, lol.
I sure hope the Reds can hang on and get that wild card berth. Oh yeah, I saw the Big Red Machine many many times and even at my age, a nana here, I will always love Johnny Bench, Tony Perez and even Pete. A big Red hello to all.

BoydsOfSummer
07-20-2006, 05:30 PM
Welcome to the good (Reds) part of you.:D

KalDanielsfan
07-21-2006, 03:42 PM
Welcome!

But get out of LA before Dodger Blue infects you! ;)

haha never...

I'm very proud to say I'm a Reds fan.

and thank you for the welcome

fearofpopvol1
07-21-2006, 10:39 PM
I'm new as well, but have been reading before. I'm a big Reds fan and have been as far back as I can remember.

ThornWithin81
07-23-2006, 12:33 AM
Hello All!

I'm Eric, been a Reds fan from birth, although going to three games in the past week has really got me focused on Baseball (More of a football guy myself, Cowboys fan). Born and raised in Amelia (about 30 minutes from the Ballpark), and I'm a student at OSU (going into my Junior year).

Seems like a really nice place you guys have here. :thumbup:

91OSUAlum
07-23-2006, 10:25 AM
Hello All, my name is Bob. Been a Reds fan my whole life due to my dad. Followed the Reds through the Big Red machine and the 90 championships. Live here in West Chester, a grad of The Ohio State University nad just found this site.

Tommyjohn25
07-23-2006, 11:24 AM
Hello All, my name is Bob. Been a Reds fan my whole life due to my dad. Followed the Reds through the Big Red machine and the 90 championships. Live here in West Chester, a grad of The Ohio State University nad just found this site.

Welcome aboard!! :)

RedBengal
07-23-2006, 11:47 AM
Hey guys, my name is Kevin. I have lived in Cincinnati my whole life, and have also been a Reds fan my whole life. This is a great site...see you guys around.

francohungarian
07-24-2006, 04:13 PM
hello.

KronoRed
07-24-2006, 04:20 PM

Ohio1804
07-25-2006, 06:07 PM
I love this site. Don't know how long you've been around but disappointed in myself that I've just now found you.

OesterPoster
07-25-2006, 06:18 PM
I love this site. Don't know how long you've been around but disappointed in myself that I've just now found you.

Ditto. I can't believe it's taken me so long to find this site. I've been actively posting on internet forums for at least 6 years, and to think I missed this one is a big bummer.

Redleg39
07-27-2006, 03:55 PM
I'm new as well to the redszone. I am sixteen years old and a die hard Reds fan. I live in Columbus, Ohio, but I spent quite a bit of time growing up in Cincinnati since my grandparents lived there. I've been attending Reds' games since I was two years old. I was excited to find the redszone, because I've been looking for a place to talk about the Reds with other fans. I am excited about the Reds chances for a trip back to the playoffs. I also play baseball, and am a student of the game.
Besides being a reds fan, I am also a bengals fan, and a huge Ohio State fan. Once again, I am excited to have found a place with other fans that care as much about the Reds as I do. GO REDS!!

BuckWoody
07-27-2006, 04:30 PM
I'm new as well to the redszone. I am sixteen years old and a die hard Reds fan. I live in Columbus, Ohio, but I spent quite a bit of time growing up in Cincinnati since my grandparents lived there. I've been attending Reds' games since I was two years old. I was excited to find the redszone, because I've been looking for a place to talk about the Reds with other fans. I am excited about the Reds chances for a trip back to the playoffs. I also play baseball, and am a student of the game.
Besides being a reds fan, I am also a bengals fan, and a huge Ohio State fan. Once again, I am excited to have found a place with other fans that care as much about the Reds as I do. GO REDS!!
I see great things in this young one. ;)

Welcome! :thumbup:

KronoRed
07-27-2006, 05:24 PM
Welcome Redleg :wave:

GRR8
07-28-2006, 11:35 PM
Besides being a reds fan, I am also a bengals fan, and a huge Ohio State fan. Once again, I am excited to have found a place with other fans that care as much about the Reds as I do. GO REDS!! Hello Redleg 39. This is my first time here at this REDSFANSITE and Im thrilled to be here. I too live in Columbus, but I grew up in Cincinnati. My first Reds game was at Crosley Field in 1969, when we played the NY Mets. I was 7 years old. My Dad worked at WLW from 1969 thru 1976. He was the chief producer at the station. Ive got promos of Johnny Bench and Pete Rose doing Terrace Hilton commercials, on reel to reel tape. This is the first year since 1989, that I have actively pursued and cared about watching the games again. Seems like we have a team that is only going to improve and be a regular contender again. Its fun to watch REDS BASEBALL AGAIN!!!! LOVE IT. Take care all my Reds Brethren. Thanks. Charlie.

Redsfan08
07-29-2006, 10:00 PM
Hello everybody I am new here brsides the reds I am also A huge Miami Dolphins fan and Huge Miami heat fan.

dabvu2498
07-29-2006, 10:16 PM
I am also A huge Miami Dolphins fan
Sorry about that! Welcome anyway!

Sean_CaseyRules
07-29-2006, 11:16 PM
A huge Miami Dolphins fan

YES I HAVE FOUND ANOTHER!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Jim Schue
07-30-2006, 01:14 AM
"I'm just glad to be here. I figure now that I got my chance, I'll just have to take it one game at a time, step up to the plate and deliver."

OK, that side jaunt through the world of sports cliches aside, I am glad to be here and look forward to talking Reds baseball with you folks. I grew up in Warsaw, Ky., listening to Marty and Joe on the radio. Lived for a few years in Covington before relocating south on I-75 to London, Ky. Fortunately, the Reds are on the radio every game and on TV most games, so I can still keep up with the team. I work for a small newspaper in SEKy, and my weekly column is frequently about the Reds.

KronoRed
07-30-2006, 03:17 AM
Welcome :D

GoGoWhiteSox
07-31-2006, 02:23 AM
Hello folks. Obviously by my posting name, I am first and foremost a White Sox fan. I do have a secondary rooting interest for the Reds though. I am not a troll, trust me. Here's to the Reds taking the Wild Card this year (hopefully the division)! I will be posting mostly in Reds Live though, since I like to talk baseball in general.

Rockermann
07-31-2006, 01:07 PM
Hi folks... just thought I'd stop and say hello. Just registered recently have have been reading like crazy. There is some really great info over here and some really 'in the know' participants.

Plus, I'm anxious to get the silly message off the top of the board about me never having posted. ;)

BennyC70
07-31-2006, 03:17 PM
Hi all.

New member here...Long time fan--first time poster.

I moved to Cincinnati in 1996 from Tampa. I went to school at Bowling Green St. University and now I'm working just one block away from Great American ballpark.

Looking forward to meeting everyone :beerme:

Tambourine Man
07-31-2006, 07:31 PM
Nice site! There's some good talk going down here!

:beerme:

smallbattle
08-01-2006, 05:08 AM
Hello everyone,

It's my yearly visit. Sorry, I've missed some of your birthdays, so a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you all of you.

CJ

KittyDuran
08-01-2006, 01:28 PM
Hello everyone,

It's my yearly visit. Sorry, I've missed some of your birthdays, so a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you all of you.

CJGlad to hear from ya, sb... Any more kids? ;) :D

smallbattle
08-01-2006, 02:20 PM
still holding at six. It's been five years and counting.

planet pujolsian
08-01-2006, 08:29 PM
Hello Reds fans!

Looking forward to some intelligent, yet feisty discussion down the stretch regarding the Reds and my team, the Cardinals.

Moved to STL five years ago from Cincy. Mod at a Cards board, www.gatewayredbirds.com.

Planet

ToddBenzinger
08-01-2006, 08:50 PM
Hey great site

Always Red
08-05-2006, 12:43 AM
Yes, it's mandatory. Also you need to answer the following quesitons:

1. Are you a Reds Fan?
4. How old are you?
5. Where are you from?
14. What do you think you can add to RedsZone?

Sheesh, I've been posting over on the RedsLive part of the site, and didn't even realize this was here- how rude of me!

1. born and bred a Reds fan. My earliest memories as a kid were going to Crosley with my dad, coming in through the left field gate to the brightest, most wonderful shade of green I had ever seen. We'd sit down by the third base walkway, where the players would come out onto the field, and try to get autographs. My dad pointed out Wille Mays to me once, and told me to pay attention to him, he was the best player in baseball. Apparently, Dad was not as impressed as I was with Alex Johnson.

2. I came across Redzone as a part of checking daily Reds blogs of other folks opinion on the Reds, and was amazed to find that there were other people who actually shared my angst and agony on a daily basis. I had come to hide my Reds habit over the years, as the past 15 or so years have not been kind to us Reds fans. I had been reduced to changing the Reds game on the channel when my wife and kids entered the room, because of the shame, like I was watching a porno or something. This support group has given me the courage to walk openly, in the daylight, and not be afraid to show some, any public interest at all in the Redlegs.

3. I'm 45. I was 9 years old in 1970, and from then until the age of 19 just kind of assumed that every city had an awesome baseball team. I realize now, in my maturity, that I will never see those likes again, sadly.

4, 5. I am from the west side of the tracks, and definitely drink too much beer, although I can no longer find Hudy or Burger anywhere. I firmly believe that ballpark food should be limited to pop, beer, peanuts, hot dogs, popcorn (but only in the carton that you can use as a megaphone), ice cream, and hamburgers. No fish tacos. Cotton candy is ok for kids.

7. Never been a communist, but ironically, am red through and through. With a littel bit of orange in the fall and winter.

11.Testicles? Sorry, but I'm all out. Gave one back in 1975 to get the first WS win in my lifetime, gave the 2nd in 1990 because I thought I'd never see another here in Cincinnati after the BRM days.

I currently have 2 kidneys left, however. Am willing to donate for Fall Classic wins.:beerme:

12. Dunner? Love him. Hate him. But love him more than I hate him. We have an agreement: he can continue to strike out 190 times a year, as long as he continues to get on base 40% of the time. We've reached a happy medium with that compromise, and are very happy together.

15 "Edmonds" are on sale during the Cardinals series for $1, as I hear it.:barf:

Happy to be here, among kindred souls:thumbup:

SarasotaReds27
08-06-2006, 01:34 AM
Yo! So I've been registered here once before but had my account deleted for inactivity - I'll make sure that doesn't happen this time around. Yeah, I've been a Reds fan all my life and fortunately can remember being so excited at the ripe age of 6 that my team had just won the World Series. Geez, at 6, you begin to think it happens every year. Oh, how wrong I was! Anyways, I live in Sarasota where no, unfortunately I don't support the farm as much as I should. For some sick reason, I'd rather drive up the road and watch my adopted American League team. Thank God I shouldn't have to worry about the Reds and the Rays meeting up in the WS one day.

Anyhoo, I love reading here... but I'm gonna try to post a bit more often. This stretch run should be pretty exciting! GO REDS!

BoydsOfSummer
08-06-2006, 03:34 PM
Welcome peeps!:beerme:

Clepper
08-07-2006, 06:57 PM
Here is my salvation experience:

Grew up in the South and was a huge Braves fan.(Living in horrible sin)

Moved to Ohio during my growing up years and had to put up with all these annoying Reds fans who lived in the past and worshipped Pete Rose. That just turned me off. Plus the mascot -- Reds? -- what kind of mascot is that i thought.(Living in rebellion to the light)

Went to college back down South and delivered Pizza's every night. The only baseball station i could get was 700wlw; I discovered this station in 1999. When the Reds won 10 in a row and swept the Diamondbacks in Arizona I was converted to the Reds.(Hallelujah)

Marty and Joe were the main reasons for my salvation. I have never regretted my decision and now I hate the Braves.

I believe.

Blitz Dorsey
08-08-2006, 01:17 AM
Hello fellow Reds fans! Look forward to talking baseball with all of you.

And man I hope we stay in this race and get in the playoffs. Would make my year.

I'm 30, married, no kids... and have been a DIEHARD Reds fan for as long as I can remember. I grew up watching them on TV in Dayton and loved Johnny Bench because of the TV show Baseball Bunch, even though he was at the end of his career and wasn't good anymore. First Reds game was 1983 against the Braves at Riverfront. Dale Murphy was the star of the league, but Gary Redus (who led the Reds with 17 HRs in '83) beat Murphy in a pre-game home run derby. I kid you not! The Braves won the game thanks in part to a HR from Glen Hubbard, a little 2B with very little power. I will never forget that. My Dad and I sat in Yellow seats.

I don't make it down to very many games anymore (only 2 this year) but I watch every game on TV and listen to the radio when they are not on TV. Completely obsessed.

spalmer69
08-08-2006, 02:33 PM
Just wanted to stop by and introduce myself......

My name is Scott, 37, from Middletown and I am a lifelong Reds fan. IT seems odd but I havent bothered looking for a Reds MB before now because have been busy helping out at our Bengals message board for the past 3 years. We do have a MLB section there so thats where I have spent my time discussing our Reds. Not too much action there seeing as our members there are only concerned about Bengals football and thats fine.......I just need some more baseball interaction with people :) So I googled (excusing myself after the fact) and found this site. I'm THRILLED to have found it and kind of mad that I havent made the effort before now.

Our Bengals MB is also vbulletin so I am very familiar with how this works. I do have one question however........how do i get a sig on here since the IMG code is turned off? If you could help me with that, I sure would appreciate it.

Anyways....I look forward to talking Reds baseball with all of you and hope we can bounce back tonight after that tragic loss last evening.

also....if you are a Bengals fan, I invite you over to our MB. www.cincybengals.com

Great to be here,
Scott Palmer

huber14
08-08-2006, 02:39 PM
welcome abored, are you carsons brother or somthing? ha

Team Clark
08-08-2006, 02:39 PM
Go to the toolbar at the top. Click on User CP. When on teh new page look in the upper left hand corner for Edit Signature. You should be good to go.

Welcome aboard.

spalmer69
08-08-2006, 02:42 PM
welcome abored, are you carsons brother or somthing? ha
thanks huber! not to sound all caffeinated or anything but....i am THRILLED to be here :D Unfortunately, no, not Carsons brother......although my son does tell people at school that he is our cousin ;) 8 year olds and their stories :rolleyes: (I wont bring up the fact that I used to go to school and tell everyone that I was related to Jim and Arnold Palmer)
Thanks for the welcome pal!

spalmer69
08-08-2006, 02:44 PM
Go to the toolbar at the top. Click on User CP. When on teh new page look in the upper left hand corner for Edit Signature. You should be good to go.

Welcome aboard.
Hey TC!
Thanks you as well for the welcome.

Ive tried a few times to add a sig from there and havent been able to but will work on it some more when i get to work at 3pm. Nothing like playing on the internet and getting paid for it :D

even though I help out with a MB...Im still not real tech savy, so i might just be overlooking something

lo ryder
08-08-2006, 11:28 PM
Heard of this site on 700 and thought I would check it out. Ive been a lifelong Reds Fan and am old enough to remember The Big Red Machine {barely lol}:beerme:
This looks like a well run site where I can hopefully share ideas and thoughts with other adamant Red Leg fans. Look forward to meeting you all.

MaineRed
08-08-2006, 11:36 PM
Welcome.

Some others said Marty mentioned the site tonight.

These guys that run this place know what they are doing.

HumnHilghtFreel
08-08-2006, 11:37 PM
Welcome.

Some others said Marty mentioned the site tonight.

These guys that run this place know what they are doing.

I heard that too... any idea, was it in reference to anything or just a plain old shout out?

Oh and by the way, welcome to the site:)

08-09-2006, 02:14 AM
I've been to both of these games so far, and I always take my headset so Marty and Steve can explain to me what I just saw, because a Hall of Famer's explanation always make things clearer:rolleyes: . Granted, I take them off at times, but I have never heard him mention this place. Must have missed it.

goreds2
08-09-2006, 09:04 AM
I heard that too... any idea, was it in reference to anything or just a plain old shout out?
Oh and by the way, welcome to the site:)

Welcome to the site.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49912

KronoRed
08-09-2006, 05:19 PM

ChiTownRedsFan
08-09-2006, 10:34 PM
Hi all,

Long time lurker, first (almost) time poster...

You can kind of tell the story from the user name. I grew up and went to college in the more urbane regions of Butler and Warren Counties. (Folks at Miami were almost impressed that I used to live in Millville, since they knew it as the town on the way to Cincy that had the Vend-a-Bait machine!)

Moved to Chicago after school, and have been there (pretty much) ever since. Like many of you, I'm a big Reds, Bengals, Buckeyes, etc. fan, and I try to keep the faith from afar. It's a little hard with the sanctimonious Cubs fans and the low-class Sox fans, but years like this help. And thank God for the Internet and XM Radio!

The knowledge level on this site is fantastic, by the way, and I usually learn something here every day. (By the way, I'm not on there tonight, but the Chat feature during games is a lot of fun - and I kind of like the real-time aspect of it more than the game threads. Highly recommended....)

I need to get back to the game, but I just wanted to finally say hi, and hopefully I'll take the time to post a little more in the future.

Redsfan08
08-09-2006, 10:40 PM
Hi all,

Long time lurker, first (almost) time poster...

You can kind of tell the story from the user name. I grew up and went to college in the more urbane regions of Butler and Warren Counties. (Folks at Miami were almost impressed that I used to live in Millville, since they knew it as the town on the way to Cincy that had the Vend-a-Bait machine!)

Moved to Chicago after school, and have been there (pretty much) ever since. Like many of you, I'm a big Reds, Bengals, Buckeyes, etc. fan, and I try to keep the faith from afar. It's a little hard with the sanctimonious Cubs fans and the low-class Sox fans, but years like this help. And thank God for the Internet and XM Radio!

The knowledge level on this site is fantastic, by the way, and I usually learn something here every day. (By the way, I'm not on there tonight, but the Chat feature during games is a lot of fun - and I kind of like the real-time aspect of it more than the game threads. Highly recommended....)

I need to get back to the game, but I just wanted to finally say hi, and hopefully I'll take the time to post a little more in the future.

and another warning be careful what u post because u wouldnt want -27 reputation post

Jefferson24
08-09-2006, 11:39 PM
Jefferson24 here,

I've been a Reds fan since I was 8 or so. Became a Reds fan by watching Bench play at the tail end of his career. My favorite player was J. Bench. I'm 34. I found Redzone by searching for Reds forums. I work with a bunch of Card and Cub fans so I need some reasonable people to visit with. I live in Illinois, about 6 hours from Cincy. I've only made it to one game this year in Cincy. The Reds lost to the Cubs by a run. Griffey grounded out with the bases loaded and the Reds down by a run. It was a good game though, it turned my All Star 9 year old pitcher/ss into a Reds fan. I'm also a Little League coach and LL Board member. Really hoping this can be a turning point season for the Reds.

bebo03
08-10-2006, 11:41 AM
Hello fellow Reds fans. I am a lifer. As long as I can remember baseball I have been a Reds fan the first little league team I played on was the West Jefferson Reds.
I grew up watching
the Reds on an affiliate station out of Winston Salem NC. They still clam part of WS as blackout territory and late at night I could pickup WLW on my transistor radio. Rose,Bench,Concepion,Foster,Prez they were all my hero's. I love them as much today as I did then.
This season is the most fun I have had watching baseball in a long time thanks to Mr. Catellini and Wayne. Atleast they are trying to make the season meaningful for the Red's nation.
And Pete belongs in the hall.

i_heart_jason
08-10-2006, 06:25 PM
howdy all! i'm sorta new here.. some of you knew me as MrsScRedsFan. but now that Texas is home, i needed a change of name. and i promise to post more often than i did when i was MSRF.

it's nice to see some of you again! and i am excited about meeting some new friends as well.

RedsFanatic
08-12-2006, 02:10 AM
Reds fan for as long as I could remember. Avid UC basketball and Bengals football fan. I have lived in Cincinnati my entire life. It's good to be here, I'm loving this board.

Redlegman
08-13-2006, 01:34 PM
I just sign up yesterday. Thanks for having me. My top 3 favorite Reds player of all time are: Johnny Bench, Sean Casey, and Mario Soto. My user name is Redlegman. My real name is Bryan. So hello and go Reds!!!

JapanRed
08-16-2006, 10:07 PM
heard about this site over at cincybengals.com thought I would come over and check it out.

max venable
08-16-2006, 10:15 PM
hola amigo!

CincySportsFan1
08-20-2006, 02:38 AM
Hello everyone, I'm 19 and from Southern Indiana. I'm a big Reds fan and I try to make it to as many Reds games as possible. I hope to soon move closer to Cincy to be able to possibly get season tickets. My favorite Red is probably Dunn, but I like them all. I'm also a Bengals fan, Blue Jackets fan, and Pacers fan.

I hope to get to know a lot of you on here and the site looks really nice.

Ron Madden
08-20-2006, 02:42 AM
Welcome to RedsZone. :wave:

Billy Bates
08-21-2006, 11:41 AM
and post every once in a while

westofyou
08-21-2006, 11:54 AM
and post every once in a while

Iron Works or the Salt Lick?

Ginger pancakes at the Magnolia or Huevos?

coachw513
08-23-2006, 01:23 PM
Long time, first time...Reds fanatic down in Central Florida, so the internet, direct TV and my computer are lifesavers...a heck of a year to get the extra innings package for the first time...what I would give to still be leading the WC on Labor Day!!!!...

**Subz3r0**
08-23-2006, 02:24 PM
Hey guys,

I decided to join this forum since the mlb.com message board sucks. Hope to chat it up for the rest of the season and GO REDS!!!!!

BurnYrHouseDown
08-23-2006, 02:51 PM
I just thought I'd come here from the official MLB board which seemed to be ovverrun with trolls and angsty, angsty people (which was fine the last few seasons, but this year? c'mon!). Someone over there mentioned that this board was pretty positive so here I am!

fewfirstchoice
08-30-2006, 02:28 AM
Hello my handle(so to speak)is fewfirstchoice.I have been a Reds and Bengals fan since birth and love posting about my beloved teams.My first name is Gene and I am married for 5 years now and have a 3yr old boy.I live in eastern Kentucky.I tried posting on other boards but I wasnt permitted to do so.I found this board that allowed me to post so I figured I would introduce myself here and hopefully the right person will open my membership up a little more so I can post on the other boards.So there it is guys and gals its me in a nutshell thanks talk to you later.:D :beerme: :cool: :thumbup:

fewfirstchoice
08-30-2006, 11:34 AM
Thanks for moving my post,I never seen this thread before or I would have posted it here first of all thanks.

durl
08-30-2006, 03:15 PM
Another newbie here. I'm anxious to look around and see some intelligent baseball chat.

OSUmed2010
08-30-2006, 11:41 PM
Long time reader.... you know the rest. Anyway, just wanted to say howdy. I'm orginally from cincy, but I'm now living in Columbus for school.

Matt700wlw
08-31-2006, 01:23 AM
Wrong thread.

Carry on.

:D

ANTHRAX
08-31-2006, 03:17 PM
I'm Anthrax

nafsder
09-04-2006, 07:40 PM
Hello,

I'm a 17 year old Reds fan from Indianapolis. Since I am in the heart of basketball country, I grew up in a basketball family surrounded by basketball friends. But as much as I love the Hoosiers, basketball just wasn't the sport for me. In 1995, I was given my first pack of baseball cards as a gift. They were a pack of 1994 Topps Gold. I knew nothing about baseball at the time, so I asked my dad, a part-time Cubs fan because of of Chicago roots, if I had pulled any notable cards out of the pack. He recognized just one player: Barry Larkin (keep in mind, this was fall of 1995. Otherwise, he probably wouldn't have recognized anybody because the next biggest name in the pack was Travis Fryman.) Because the only baseball player I knew was Barry Larkin, and also because the Indianapolis Indians were the AAA affiliate of the Reds at the time, I started following Cincinnati.

It grew from a casual hobby to an obsession. By the time I was 9, I could name every player on the Reds active roster. I started collecting baseball cards and of my collection of about 15,000, about 1/5 of them are Cincinnati Reds players and about half of those Reds cards are Barry Larkin cards. My elementary school teachers all knew me as the Reds fan. I would somehow involve the Reds into every school paper that I had to write.

In 1999, I made it to my first Reds game. My dad and I drove down to Cinergy Field to see the Reds take on the Cardinals late in the season. I don't remember much from the game, but I do remember Greg Vaughn hitting a pretty impressive homerun off of the hitters background they had out in center field.

I started going to one or two games a year. I skipped school in eighth grade to be at opening day at GABP. I also started trying to get my parents to plan our family vacations around the Reds schedule (it has worked...sort of. I've seen them play in Milwaukee, Chicago, and Florida :) )

By now, the obsession has cooled down slightly. I've stopped collecting baseball cards and I no longer try to memorize statistics or useless tidbits of information about the Reds, but I do still try to catch the game every time they're on TV and I still skip school occasionally to go down to games (mainly in May).

I found this website quite a while ago, and I joined about a year ago, but I believe that this is my first post here. Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself to the community.

Goten
09-04-2006, 08:26 PM
New here. Hope to have good dicussions with everyone, on everything about baseball.

dabvu2498
09-05-2006, 05:24 PM
New here. Hope to have good dicussions with everyone, on everything about baseball.

Excellent Japanese restaurant in Nashville named Goten. mmmmmmm... food...

Goten
09-12-2006, 10:56 PM
Question - why is it not letting me post in other threads on this site ?

paintmered
09-12-2006, 11:00 PM
Question - why is it not letting me post in other threads on this site ?

You should have the ability to post on Reds Live. You need to acumulate 200 reputation points (bestowed by your fellow Redzoners) to gain access to ORG. A few really well thought out, original posts can you get you the 200 points quickly.

Goten
09-14-2006, 01:41 AM
You should have the ability to post on Reds Live. You need to acumulate 200 reputation points (bestowed by your fellow Redzoners) to gain access to ORG. A few really well thought out, original posts can you get you the 200 points quickly.

What about " The Archives " ?

Sean_CaseyRules
09-17-2006, 12:06 AM

Don't let him tell you this, I've been working on it for a while now! :bang: :angry: haha lol :beerme: :mooner:

St.Henry
09-18-2006, 10:20 PM
Want to say hi to all the reds fans. I have logged on to the redzone for years. I have finally decided to become a member. I live up here in St.Henry, Ohio. I like the St.Henry Redskins, Ohio State Buckeyes, Cincinnati Bengals, and of course the Reds. I dont know if i will be able to post as many as some of you guys, but i will keep in touch as much as i can. thanks, st.henry

harangatang
09-18-2006, 10:38 PM
Welcome, I wish the Reds were a little better when you started making posts.

paintmered
09-18-2006, 11:04 PM
Welcome. Quite a football team you have up there this year. :)

St.Henry
09-18-2006, 11:21 PM
nothing like going to a high school football game. Its st.henry against coldwater this friday, shoud be a good one

Reds_Fan_In_StL
09-29-2006, 04:37 AM
hey yall! reds fan here, but i go to school in st louis. i still scream loudly when the reds are up though!!! i'll tell ya, sittin here tonight at the sports bar, watchin st louis get creamed by milwaukee......was GREAT!!!!! i was yelling, no matter how many people looked at me!

GIK
09-29-2006, 08:25 PM
Welcome to all the n00bs. :fineprint

russreds
10-07-2006, 08:31 AM
Hello fellow Reds fans! I just signed up today after wandering upon this site. I have been a Reds fan for 35 years and love the game as much today as when I was a wee lad! This site will definetly help get me through the aweful days between Christmas and the beginning of spring training. Can't wait to chatter about the greatest game in the world!

OldRightHander
10-07-2006, 10:05 PM
Hello fellow Reds fans! I just signed up today after wandering upon this site. I have been a Reds fan for 35 years and love the game as much today as when I was a wee lad! This site will definetly help get me through the aweful days between Christmas and the beginning of spring training. Can't wait to chatter about the greatest game in the world!

TheWalls
10-17-2006, 05:01 PM
Hi! I'm The Walls. Archbishop Alter HS and Miami U. grad, Illinois resident, actuary, lifelong Reds fan! I used to fall asleep listen to the Big Red Machine beating the Dodgers out west, Opening Day 23 of the last 25 years, you get the idea. Krivsky lover, Dunn hater, the rest we'll play by ear.

I am a frequent contributor in the BengalZone and am looking forward to getting more involved here!

Redsland
10-23-2006, 04:39 PM

Texas Red
10-25-2006, 09:40 PM
Hey everyone.
I'm originally from Dayton, but have lived in San Antonio, Texas since 1990. I've been a Reds all my life and spent many summer days at Riverfront with my dad and grandfather while growing up. I even went to a game at Crosley Field...or so my dad says, I was too young to remember that one. :D
Anyway, it's great to be here and look forward to talking with everyone.

xander0204
10-26-2006, 02:16 PM
I just wanted hi to everyone.

BoydsOfSummer
10-26-2006, 07:02 PM
Howdy and welcome to the Zone, guys.

Mr. 400
11-01-2006, 07:36 PM
Hey Ya'll! I'm not a big Reds fan, but I like the direction they are going, and I know the team will grow on me because Krivsky came from my team, and i see them turning into the NL's version of the Twins. Nice to meet Ya'll, and hope to post more in the future.

Redsfan08
11-01-2006, 07:39 PM
welcome

AdamDunn
11-15-2006, 06:24 PM
Hey, I'm new... I love the Reds... I love Adam Dunn... and I hope he doesn't get traded. I'm from Columbus. GO BUCKS!

Does anyone know why I can't post a reply on the Major League forum for the Reds? Is it because I'm new?

So... I'm confused... thanks

BRM
11-15-2006, 06:26 PM
Welcome to the boards! You should be able to post on Reds Live.

EvansvilleReds
11-22-2006, 11:34 PM
Hello friends ... a newcomer here, a lifelong Redlegs fan who low lives in the heart of Redbird country. I look forward to talking some Reds baseball.

The offseason has been so far, so good IMO ... the Gonzalez and Stanton pickups and LaRue trade seem to make sense ... but like everybody else I'm curious to see if we're gonna see a team-altering deal like a swap of Dunn or Griffey. Me, I wouldn't mind trading either one if it would bring a top-of-the-line starter or closer or a more balanced lineup (more speed and fewer strikeouts).

Krivsky was his usual noncommital self on the air with Marty tonight.

Redsland
11-23-2006, 12:32 PM

Spring~Fields
11-23-2006, 01:34 PM
Hello friends ... a newcomer here, a lifelong Redlegs fan who low lives in the heart of Redbird country. I look forward to talking some Reds baseball.

The offseason has been so far, so good IMO ... the Gonzalez and Stanton pickups and LaRue trade seem to make sense ... but like everybody else I'm curious to see if we're gonna see a team-altering deal like a swap of Dunn or Griffey. Me, I wouldn't mind trading either one if it would bring a top-of-the-line starter or closer or a more balanced lineup (more speed and fewer strikeouts).

Krivsky was his usual noncommital self on the air with Marty tonight.

Welcome to the board. :)

By the way, did they tell you about the hazing ritual for all newcomers delivered by the secret society of Redszone? :eek: :deadhorse :all_cohol

Ron Madden
11-24-2006, 12:59 AM

zemtech
11-30-2006, 03:02 PM
Hi I am new here and enjoy reading the threads of your web site and thought I would take time out to introduce myself. I am a big baseball fan and subscibe to Directv baseball package so I can watch as many of the teams as I can. I cant say that I am a fan of any team but I am also not a frontrunner or a phoney fan. I enjoy talking baseball with knowledgable people and hope to get good opinions from them. I also enjoy minor league baseball and try to attend as many games as possible (I have alot of minor league teams in my area). My wife and I are planning to visit Cincinatti and Great American Ballpark as it is one of the ball parks we have yet been to.

As for Adam Dunn I dont think the Reds should trade him just yet. His trade value is to low and I think his best years are still to come.

I also seen and like Homer Bailey and Joey Votto. Both players show alot of promise and could be stars in the very short future and would hope the Reds Organization will do everything they can to hang on to these 2.

Well I look forward to future chats with you and hope you guys accept me as part of your Discussion Board.

BoydsOfSummer
11-30-2006, 03:29 PM
Welcome. We'll see if we can't make you a Reds fan exclusively.

zemtech
11-30-2006, 05:48 PM
Welcome. We'll see if we can't make you a Reds fan exclusively.

:thumbup: Sounds good!

sloucho
12-06-2006, 11:43 AM
Hey.

I'm a defector from the ESPN boards. I love talking about the Reds and had been posting there for six years. I was registered here, but this sight seemed fairly complicated compared to that one, and I wanted to talk about the Bengals and other teams seamlessly, but they banned me like a million times. I finally got sick of it, and decided to try and figure out this website with all the "bells and whistles". It may take me a while.

Hopefully someone will recognize me from those boards and say hi.

Thanks for the membership, and go reds.

topsyt
12-16-2006, 10:26 AM
First post-55 yr old in Van wert saying I am optimistic for 07 and you folks are a hoot!

RBA
12-16-2006, 10:27 AM
Welcome to Redszone. I almost read that as you live in a van.

Dom Heffner
12-16-2006, 11:28 AM
I am optimistic for 07 and you folks are a hoot!

When I first read that, I thought it said that "you folks are hot."

So a guy that lives in a van thinks we are hot.

Okay. I can live with that.

Welcome aboard!

Spring~Fields
12-19-2006, 09:31 PM
First post-55 yr old in Van wert saying I am optimistic for 07 and you folks are a hoot!

Finally, maybe now they will stop calling me a senile rambling old goat.

Welcome aboard “55”

Sean_CaseyRules
12-22-2006, 02:10 AM
Welcome aboard man!

Rockface
12-23-2006, 01:55 AM
Life long, out-of-state Reds fan here. In 8th grade ('81-82) I used to have the Cincinnati Enquirer mailed to my house just to read about the Reds a few days late. Spent many a Summer night trying to get WLW in on my radio while hiding it under my covers. Later in life, flew out to Ohio to see the Reds with my sons, who followed their Pops and became fans too. So, I guess I am a pretty big fan.

In the early days of the Internet, Prodigy, then AOL, I used to post a lot on many different sports boards. I don't really have the time or energy to do it anymore, but did from time to time get over to the AOL boards to read what other fans had to say. I enjoyed reading alot of it, but rarely posted.

Now, I see, that board is completely dead. When I say dead, I mean like ZERO posts. I mean even the most obscuriest team or subject usually has a post or two. But zero?

Anyway, desperate for Reds info I found my way here. Don't know how much I can offer, but hopefully I can get some good info and insights from you regulars. :)

Ron Madden
12-23-2006, 02:05 AM

Chip R
12-23-2006, 01:51 PM
When I first read that, I thought it said that "you folks are hot."

Some of us more than others. ;)

Heath
12-23-2006, 02:09 PM
Some of us more than others. ;)

Don't look in the mirror, Chipper....... :yikes:

OesterPoster
12-28-2006, 02:03 PM
Eventually found my way over here from the Bucknuts board.

Reds' lore was engrained in my skull from the time I was born. My dad used to take the train to Crosley with my Grandpa, and I still have the scorecard from my Grandpa's first game at Crosley in 1935. I used to tag along with my dad and his buddies when a ticket was open. My first "real" memories of a Reds game are from a Dodgers-Reds affair in the 80's when the hated Pedro Guerrero hit a home run...though I have ticket stubs from earlier games. My dad still talks about Crosley and his love for that field. He attended the first game at Riverfront, and is a lifelong fan.

Redlegs
01-15-2007, 12:02 AM
Hello Reds fans. I'm a native of Cincinnati and lifelong Reds fan. I can't believe I just found this site. I look forward to talking Redlegs baseball with you guys/gals this summer. Won't be long before we hear the best four words in all of sports......"pitchers and catchers report." :thumbup:

KoryMac5
01-15-2007, 12:15 AM
Glad to have you and welcome.

corbinky
01-19-2007, 12:37 PM
From Corbin KY, been looking here for a while thought I would start posting

5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM
01-19-2007, 12:46 PM
Didn't realize this thread was on here so I guess I should introduce myself. I am from the Dayton area and would love to know how to change my name because there is already an OLDRIGHTHANDER. Thanks

paintmered
01-19-2007, 12:48 PM
Didn't realize this thread was on here so I guess I should introduce myself. I am from the Dayton area and would love to know how to change my name because there is already an OLDRIGHTHANDER. Thanks

Send Boss a PM. He will be able to take care of it for you.

Spring~Fields
01-19-2007, 03:39 PM
Like to change my name too, never did like it, too much trouble to type in, and would rather be SF , short for some fool :)

Pomp
01-31-2007, 11:09 AM
Hello, my darlings. I wear goggles like Chris Sabo. I swing like Eric Davis. I kiss like Jose Rijo.

Sakata
01-31-2007, 11:48 AM
Hi everyone. I love baseball, and wish we could make a super team of genetically engineered Barry Larkin/Joe Morgan clones. That would ROCK!!!

Heath
01-31-2007, 01:26 PM
Hello, my darlings. I wear goggles like Chris Sabo. I swing like Eric Davis. I kiss like Jose Rijo.

Dude, you aren't getting a section 8 here in R*E*D*S*Z*O*N*E. I don't care WHO you are and WHAT you are trying to prove. Don't even try to wear ladies dresses.

http://www.transparencynow.com/images/klingerexpression.jpg

:D

NJ Yankee
01-31-2007, 04:16 PM
Hello everyone,
AS you might of guessed im a Yankees fan from NJ.
I am also a Die Hard Giants and Devils (NHL)fan. I also like the New jersey Nets,Rutgers, Navy Football and Michigan State Basketball. I cant wait to talk baseball with you guys!

vaticanplum
01-31-2007, 08:45 PM
Hello everyone,
I am also a Die Hard Giants and Devils (NHL)fan. I also like the New jersey Nets,Rutgers, Navy Football and Michigan State Basketball. I cant wait to talk baseball with you guys!

Yachtzee
02-02-2007, 07:01 PM
Hello everyone,

Fascist!

Just kidding. Welcome.

paintmered
02-07-2007, 09:22 PM
Hello everyone,

Welcome aboard. :)

Palmer4HOF
02-17-2007, 01:48 PM
Hello everybody. I've been lurking around here for roughly 2 months or so and I figured I might as well make my first post introducing myself.

I found this site through a Bengals site I visit (go-bengals.com) and I really value the intelligent opinions on this board and the extensive use of stats to proove/disproove points.

Keep up all the great work fellas... I really appreciate the insight!

BoldOD
02-17-2007, 04:11 PM
I recently joined and have enjoyed lurking about. I figured it was time for me to officially post in honor of pitchers and catchers reporting.

I grew up in Dayton during the era of the Big Red Machine and have been a fan ever since, especially this time of year; you never know what the new season is going to bring.

BoydsOfSummer
02-18-2007, 01:17 AM
Welcome y'all.

IndyPhils
02-21-2007, 01:18 PM
Hi, everyone. Just registered here. I live in Indianapolis,IN. Grew up in Toledo. I am in fact a Phillies fan. grew up in the 70's when the Phillies had powder blue, Carlton, Rose, Schmidt.

Came over here from a link at Philliesphans.com to a discussion about Dunn/Burrell/Schmidt. Found your discussion interesting, so thought I'd throw in my two cents.

I am a big believer that baseball is a game unique in that alomst everything about the game can be quantified. Players can be evaluated via statistics moreso than any mainstream American sport. But then there is even more! Love baseball.

In many ways the Phillies and Reds are similair teams. Look foward to many good discussions about baseball here.

Anyways, I'm not here to troll, just have intelligent baseball discussions.

cumberlandreds
02-21-2007, 01:25 PM
Welcome aboard! Those Phillie teams of the late 70's were really good. They just had to buy a few from the Big Red Machine to put them over the top in 1980.
Actually it was 1983 that they had three from the BRM,Rose,Morgan and Perez. Thanks to retrosheet it keeps me from relying too much on my memory.

justincredible
02-21-2007, 01:28 PM
What part of Indy are you from? I live in Fishers and work over in Carmel.

Welcome aboard!

westofyou
02-21-2007, 01:30 PM
Just yesterday I found out that Danny Ozark was quite the war hero.

He served at Omaha Beach, the Battle of the Bulge, and in Germany. He was wounded in his knee and received a Purple Heart and five battle stars.

Puffy
02-21-2007, 01:32 PM
Hi, everyone. Just registered here. I live in Indianapolis,IN. Grew up in Toledo. I am in fact a Phillies fan. grew up in the 70's when the Phillies had powder blue, Carlton, Rose, Schmidt.

Came over here from a link at Philliesphans.com to a discussion about Dunn/Burrell/Schmidt. Found your discussion interesting, so thought I'd throw in my two cents.

I am a big believer that baseball is a game unique in that alomst everything about the game can be quantified. Players can be evaluated via statistics moreso than any mainstream American sport. But then there is even more! Love baseball.

In many ways the Phillies and Reds are similair teams. Look foward to many good discussions about baseball here.

Welcome dude!

I really like the Phillies this year - Garcia was a big add. The Mets will be tough though.

redsmetz
02-21-2007, 01:35 PM
Welcome aboard! Those Phillie teams of the late 70's were really good. They just had to buy a few from the Big Red Machine to put them over the top in 1980.
Actually it was 1983 that they had three from the BRM,Rose,Morgan and Perez. Thanks to retrosheet it keeps me from relying too much on my memory.

Well not to mention they had Dayton's Mike Schmidt (college Ohio Univ. Athens) and Cincinnati's own Len Matuszek played some games that season too. They also had three future Reds: Bo Diaz, Juan Samuel and John Denny.

George Anderson
02-21-2007, 01:35 PM
Good to see another Indianapolis guy here.!!!! :beerme:

M2
02-21-2007, 01:53 PM

Good to have you aboard. We grew up watching the Phils in the same era (though I caught BRM fever in 1972, so I never rooted for the Phillies).

It can't be easy having the view of the game you do and being a Phillies fan. I get to hear riffs on how Bob Abreu secretly sucks from my relatives and I can only imagine how that topic has played out in the larger Philadelphia fan base.

DBRtheYankee
02-22-2007, 12:08 AM
Hey guys, just wanted to stop in and say hello. I am a die hard Yankee fan, and actually run a Yankees website "not as active as this great place", but just love the game of baseball and love chatting about it. This seems like a very well ran place and cannot wait to start talking some baseball!

KronoRed
02-22-2007, 02:20 AM

The Crosley Kid
02-24-2007, 12:34 AM
I am so happy to be back in my hometown and back in the town with THE GREATEST BASEBALL TEAM and GREATEST BASEBALL FANS! I just found this site and am happy to be here.

rotnoid
03-02-2007, 01:35 PM
Hello, I'm new to Redszone today. I've been reading for months at work, but just had the time to register today. I've been a Reds fan my whole life. God knows why, with the exception of 1990 I haven't had too much to cheer for. I have an incurable hope every spring that is only crushed by July most years. Last year broke my heart. My wife and I sprung for the "rest of the season" ticket package in August last year and sat in the moon deck for all the games down the stretch. We suffered through Griffey's injury and Dunn's slump. My then 2 year old and I were there they day Griffey hit the pinch hit homer. I was the only person I know that held out real hope until that last weekend. For some reason, I always let myself believe the Reds can do it. What can I say, I'm a fan.

sonny
03-16-2007, 05:13 AM
I'm Sonny. Been here a while but haven't made formal introductions. I'm 29, and twin brother of smith288 who has about a kagillion posts. he even gave me rep points out of pity. what a guy!

In any event. I'm married and have a 18 month old son who is already throwing a baseball (and keeping it down, might I add). We're expecting a girl in July and could not be happier. I have very limited athletic talent, so I was expecting O'brien to sign me.

BuckWoody
03-16-2007, 09:43 AM
I'm Sonny. Been here a while but haven't made formal introductions. I'm 29, and twin brother of smith288 who has about a kagillion posts. he even gave me rep points out of pity. what a guy!

In any event. I'm married and have a 18 month old son who is already throwing a baseball (and keeping it down, might I add). We're expecting a girl in July and could not be happier. I have very limited athletic talent, so I was expecting O'brien to sign me.
Wait 11 years and Wayne may sign you. :evil:

Welcome aboard!

sonny
03-20-2007, 02:01 AM
Wait 11 years and Wayne may sign you. :evil:

Welcome aboard!

kinda what I'm Banking on

Redsland
03-23-2007, 12:20 PM

WebScorpion
03-23-2007, 08:44 PM
Hello, I'm new to Redszone today. I've been reading for months at work, but just had the time to register today. I've been a Reds fan my whole life. God knows why, with the exception of 1990 I haven't had too much to cheer for. I have an incurable hope every spring that is only crushed by July most years. Last year broke my heart. My wife and I sprung for the "rest of the season" ticket package in August last year and sat in the moon deck for all the games down the stretch. We suffered through Griffey's injury and Dunn's slump. My then 2 year old and I were there they day Griffey hit the pinch hit homer. I was the only person I know that held out real hope until that last weekend. For some reason, I always let myself believe the Reds can do it. What can I say, I'm a fan.

It may FEEL like you're the only one, but believe me, you are not. We're all there with you 'til the bitter end. I've seen 1975, 1976, and 1990 ... there's always hope...especially at this time of year. :beerme:

:thisyear:

MrsK
03-26-2007, 05:35 PM
hi! i'm new! i remember the BIG RED MACHINE and Riverfront Stadium. i like baseball and support the Reds, whether they win or lose. (although obviously we'd ALL prefer them to WIN!!) nice to be here and happy posting!

Red Leader
03-26-2007, 05:36 PM
hi! i'm new! i remember the BIG RED MACHINE and Riverfront Stadium. i like baseball and support the Reds, whether they win or lose. (although obviously we'd ALL prefer them to WIN!!) nice to be here and happy posting!

Hello, Mrs. K. Welcome to the board. :thumbup:

TeamCasey
03-26-2007, 05:42 PM
Hi Mrs K, sorry I missed you at Willies! Welcome aboard. I hear you're a Pogo playa too!

Heath
03-26-2007, 05:42 PM

Is this who I think it is?

If it is, Krono has the new RedsZone.com record for most posts by two or more family members. (Record Originally Held by woy & pedro.)

Red Leader
03-26-2007, 05:44 PM
Is this who I think it is?

If it is, Krono has the new RedsZone.com record for most posts by family members.

I don't know. You better add woy's and pedro's post....

what am I saying?

Yep, new record. :laugh:

MrsK
03-26-2007, 05:46 PM
wow! i'm overwhelmed! thanks for the welcome and the "rep points" are wasted on someone who has no idea what's going on! lol :)

thanks everyone!

TeamMorris
03-26-2007, 06:03 PM
Welcome Mrs. K!!