03-26-2007, 08:42 PM
Welcome to the board, Mrs. K.

:beerme:

Ron Madden
03-27-2007, 02:14 AM
:wave: :welcome:

rbsohio30
03-27-2007, 01:37 PM
Hey guys name is Robert, i am new to the board here and just wanted to say Hi and I look forward to talking reds baseball with you all.

Redsland
03-27-2007, 03:17 PM
:welcome:

BoydsOfSummer
03-28-2007, 04:48 PM
Krivsky's , mom? Wife?

Redsland
03-28-2007, 04:49 PM
Krono's.

crash54
03-31-2007, 12:33 PM
Hey everybody. I am Jonathan and I am really excited about the upcoming season and talking about the Reds with you guys

i_heart_jason
04-02-2007, 04:59 PM
welcome all

sonny
04-03-2007, 06:26 AM
Hey crash! Fellow Columbusite here, Welcome to the board

T7-niner
04-03-2007, 06:11 PM
Hey everyone. My name's Troy and I'm from Bloomington, IN and I look forward to talking Reds baseball with you all.

(I'm not diggin' our chances this year though)

HumnHilghtFreel
04-03-2007, 06:13 PM
Hey everyone. My name's Troy and I'm from Bloomington, IN and I look forward to talking Reds baseball with you all.

(I'm not diggin' our chances this year though)

With that kind of optimism you should fit in just fine around here:D

round tripper
04-03-2007, 07:55 PM
Hello all I just got word of this site from a good friend of mine Justin(Grounds_Crew) so I thought I would check it out. I like what I have seen so far, I am a member of many fourms and this one so far has impressed me.

I'm 31 I live in Cincinnati and have been a lifetime Reds fan, I have been to the Championship and World Series games in 1990. I have higher expecatitions for this season but lets just hope everyone stays healthy.

-Denny

Grounds_Crew
04-03-2007, 07:59 PM
Hello all I just got word of this site from a good friend of mine Justin(Grounds_Crew) so I thought I would check it out. I like what I have seen so far, I am a member of many fourms and this one so far has impressed me.

I'm 31 I live in Cincinnati and have been a lifetime Reds fan, I have been to the Championship and World Series games in 1990. I have higher expecatitions for this season but lets just hope everyone stays healthy.

-Denny

Welcome aboard buddy! To the rest of you, he's a great guy with a lot of passion for Cincy sports. He always made sure he came down by the dugout to visit me prior to or after the games. So, I've always admired his respect and friendship. You guys will like having him as a part of RedsZone!

round tripper
04-03-2007, 08:46 PM
Thanks Justin, I always had to come find you first when we got to the stadium. It was tradition!!!

Redsland
04-04-2007, 01:45 PM

MimiDunn
04-04-2007, 02:57 PM
Hey! I haven't posted on here in like a year! Wow...lol I just got the email that I needed to sign on, so here I am! :)

I'm reintroducing myself...

I'm Amber aka Mimi....from Northern KY!

sonny
04-05-2007, 01:55 AM
Hi Mimi

This isn't you is it?
j/k

jlb1705
04-10-2007, 11:36 PM
Hi all, I've been lurking here since last season, I've been reading posts here and talking Reds over on BuckeyePlanet. I guess it's about time I start posting here too. I'm originally from the Dayton area, but now live closer to Cincinnati. I have a season ticket flex pack, and already have my tickets for Marty & Thom Bobblehead Night. WooHoo!

FlyerFanatic
04-12-2007, 06:00 PM
Hey all, just found out about this site from a friend. Looks like a good board to visit and talk games with

Pinch Hits
04-18-2007, 03:58 PM
Was just introduced to the board from a fellow fan. Life long fan who saw several games of the Big Red Machine as a pup. Love the info being tossed around in here. Good stuff!

BoydsOfSummer
04-18-2007, 11:57 PM
:welcome: Always need a good pinh hitter.

KronoRed
04-19-2007, 02:01 AM
Welcome :)

chrisj
04-19-2007, 08:44 AM
Hello all. New here of course. Signed up to join in on great baseball discussion about my favorite team in the business.

Thanks.

sonny
04-19-2007, 05:41 PM
:welcome: :KoolAid:

BurgervilleBuck
04-24-2007, 10:50 PM
Heya...

I just joined a few days ago. Just call me Max.

I'm a Reds fan and a Reds fan only. I can't watch an MLB game if the Reds aren't involved except a World Series.

I'm also a Hockey and Football fan and I'll watch any level of those sports -- professional, college, minors, etc. My favorite football team is the Bengals (natch) and my favorite Hockey team is the Columbus Blue Jackets. The Red Wings are pretty good too but not the same team when Yzerman and Shanahan were there.

I like reading, writing, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, Mythbuster and canoodling with the missus. ;)

I don't have a lot of stats knowledge and I tend to wear my heart on my sleeve when it comes to my teams. But I'll try not to get too heated.

I am also of the opinion that the current group of Reds broadcasters are, by far, the best of baseball. With the exception of Grande. :D

Go Reds!

KronoRed
04-25-2007, 12:42 AM
Welcome Max :)

AmarilloRed
04-27-2007, 12:53 AM
I am a new poster, so perhaps someone can answer this question. I had a reputation of 10, and it has gone down to 2. I dont know what makes reputation go up and down, and I dont know what it means. My username is Amarillo Red, and I will continue to post in an intelligent and dignified mannner. I became a fan in Ohio in the 1970s during the Big Red Machine, and I went to Riverfont Stadium during the 1976 World Series. I have been a fan since then, and I hope to talk Reds baseball with all of you.

Casey
05-03-2007, 10:43 PM
Hey everyone. Just signed up and it looks like a great place to talk about the Reds.

sonny
05-04-2007, 03:42 AM
It is indeed. Welcome.

KronoRed
05-04-2007, 01:13 PM
Welcome :D

Caveat Emperor
05-07-2007, 03:29 PM
I like reading, writing, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, Mythbuster and canoodling with the missus. ;)

So -- Christopher Eccelston or David Tennant?

I thought Eccleston's first season was absolutely magic -- he nailed the role like no actor has ever done before. However, I think they've given Tennant a lot more fun stuff to do -- The Shakespeare Code left me grinning from ear to ear, especially the bit where the Doctor quotes Back to the Future in order to explain temporal mechanics.

Great, great show. The revival has been nothing short of amazing.

benjamindy
05-11-2007, 02:20 PM
Hello! I just went to my first game at GABP. It was a wonderful experience. I was a regular attendee to Riverfront in my younger years. I've been a Reds fan since I can remember.. Nice place we have here.

BoydsOfSummer
05-11-2007, 06:20 PM
Howdy Hey:welcome:

KronoRed
05-11-2007, 09:11 PM

OBuck
05-14-2007, 10:46 PM
Long time Redszone reader, first time posting.

Been a Reds fan since I was five and like all of you i'm incredibly disappointed by the start to this season. Unlike a lot of you I really like the job Krivsky has done in the first 15 months.

Thanks for this great site and allowing me to post on it

sonny
05-19-2007, 01:08 AM
Welcome OBuck!

KronoRed
05-21-2007, 07:36 AM

hebroncougar
05-21-2007, 08:19 AM
Never saw this forum (I don't think I did). Joined a couple of months ago. Former HS varsity baseball coach in KY, lifelong Reds fan, gave up coaching due to birth of my first child. Enjoy the site so far.

Boss-Hog
05-21-2007, 11:05 AM
Never saw this forum (I don't think I did). Joined a couple of months ago. Former HS varsity baseball coach in KY, lifelong Reds fan, gave up coaching due to birth of my first child. Enjoy the site so far.
Welcome to the board (belatedly). This forum did not exist until this morning, but the introductions thread was moved over from the Non-Baseball Chatter forum.

Will
05-21-2007, 01:17 PM
Howdy all. Joined a month or so ago and failed to post an introduction. I live in WV and am a life long Reds/Bengals fan. Lived in Cincy (Bond Hill and then Amelia) from 1961 (born 61) to 1974. I've really enjoyed the forums thus far and thank ya'll for making it available.

reds1869
05-21-2007, 11:49 PM
Howdy all. Joined a month or so ago and failed to post an introduction. I live in WV and am a life long Reds/Bengals fan. Lived in Cincy (Bond Hill and then Amelia) from 1961 (born 61) to 1974. I've really injoyed the forums thus far and thank ya'll for making it available.

Great to have another West Virginian on board. I live in Cincinnati now but was born and raised in WV. Hope to see you around for a long time!

REDMAN
05-24-2007, 06:49 PM
Hi everyone!! I am new..obviously. :) I have been a Reds fan since 1972. I live and die for the Reds..and Steelers football. Dont hate me for that. :D I grew up in the '70's and the Reds and Steelers were king. I have stayed loyal ever since. And with both franchises there have been some lean years. But it doesnt matter. They are my teams. I live in Southern California but have been to Cincinnati twice...I saw 5 games at Riverfront. :beerme:

Well thanks for having me.

Ron Madden
05-24-2007, 06:54 PM
Hi everyone!! I am new..obviously. :) I have been a Reds fan since 1972. I live and die for the Reds..and Steelers football. Dont hate me for that. :D I grew up in the '70's and the Reds and Steelers were king. I have stayed loyal ever since. And with both franchises there have been some lean years. But it doesnt matter. They are my teams. I live in Southern California but have been to Cincinnati twice...I saw 5 games at Riverfront. :beerme:

Welcome.

HumnHilghtFreel
05-24-2007, 07:00 PM

Redman? From California?

Mark Redman is that you? Now that you're not with the Braves, glad to see you spending your time with us here!

:D Welcome to the board.

HFFO
05-25-2007, 11:32 PM
Long time lurker, big Red fan. Just gotta vent to some people that understand. I have not seen this poor of baseball in a long time.

HumnHilghtFreel
05-25-2007, 11:38 PM
Welcome to the struggle :laugh:

WVPacman
05-25-2007, 11:50 PM
Welcome to the struggle :laugh:

lol this titantic is sinking fast!!!!!!! Welcome aboard HFFO,this is a great reds site.

OldRightHander
05-27-2007, 10:19 PM
Long time lurker, big Red fan. Just gotta vent to some people that understand. I have not seen this poor of baseball in a long time.

You've come to the right place to vent. That's about all we can do at the moment.

mandlmosk
05-28-2007, 01:27 AM
I came across this site while browsing BBTF ( Baseball Think Factory) I lived in Columbus from the time I was born until 1999, and followed the Reds through the great days of the Big Red Machine and enjoyed the last playoff ( sort of ) season of 1999. I moved to Kansas City because of my job and continued to follow the Reds, and since I now lived in a Major Leauge city....( I never had before) also started to follow the Royals. Since I moved, neither my old team nor my new team has come near the playoffs. I still root for the Reds, but I don't get much redleg news here on the prarie. It is great to find such a site with such passionate fans. Nothing like this exists for the Royals! I look forward to browsing and posting on this forum when I have something Reds related to say! Go Reds!

Boss-Hog
05-28-2007, 01:29 AM
Welcome to the board

KronoRed
05-28-2007, 01:44 AM

WLWRox
05-28-2007, 07:53 PM
Hi, another new member here. I live in Indianapolis and follow the Reds on WLW-AM, as my screen name indicates.

rotnoid
05-28-2007, 09:20 PM
Welcome!

RedlegNation
05-28-2007, 10:55 PM
Hey, someone that isn't complaining about the new setup here at RZ! Welcome!

mattfeet
05-28-2007, 11:42 PM
Hey everyone! Just thought Id drop a quick intro. I got referred here by Grounds_Crew who is a buddy of mine and thought I should check it out since Im a *gasp* Reds fan. Although its tough to admit this year. Anyways, Ill be around and hope to meet some of you all. I do have a blog about the Reds if you want to check it out and rant or rave about stuff Reds related:

www.rantravereds.blogspot.com

Anyways, be safe out there, happy Memorial Day, and GO REDS!

-Matt

Grounds_Crew
05-28-2007, 11:43 PM
Welcome to the site! There is lots of Reds knowledge to be passed around here...I'm sure you'll have plenty to contribute as well!

remdog
05-29-2007, 12:41 AM
I'd say that the title "Introductions and Site Feedback" is causing some confusion with the "Introductions Thread".

I'm sure a mod will correct this problem shortly.

Rem

macro
05-29-2007, 09:59 AM
I'd say that the title "Introductions and Site Feedback" is causing some confusion with the "Introductions Thread".

I'm sure a mod will correct this problem shortly.

Rem

Done. :)

nw_ohio_fan
06-03-2007, 12:12 AM
I just wanted to say hello. This is my first official post at the board.

WVPacman
06-03-2007, 12:16 AM
Welcome aboard nw_ohio_fan,Redszone is a great site!!!

BearcatShane
06-03-2007, 01:34 AM
Welcome! Take it from a Redzone vet, this is a great site to talk Reds.

redsfan
06-04-2007, 08:25 AM
I have been looking for a place to talk about the Reds. I have been to several other sites, but I make a post and nobody even views it. This place seems like a place for me.

I have been a Reds fan as long as I can remember. I live in the NE part of Ohio. I know this is Indians country, but the Reds were the first game I ever watched. They were playing my fathers favorite team, Pirates, and Johnny Bench hit 2 HRs. I was hooked ever since. I have been to Cincinnati several times to see games, but unfortuantely have not been to GABP yet. I am hoping this summer.

rotnoid
06-04-2007, 08:29 AM
I have been looking for a place to talk about the Reds. I have been to several other sites, but I make a post and nobody even views it. This place seems like a place for me.

I have been a Reds fan as long as I can remember. I live in the NE part of Ohio. I know this is Indians country, but the Reds were the first game I ever watched. They were playing my fathers favorite team, Pirates, and Johnny Bench hit 2 HRs. I was hooked ever since. I have been to Cincinnati several times to see games, but unfortuantely have not been to GABP yet. I am hoping this summer.

Welcome aboard. This summer might be a great time to go to GABP. There's sure to be a lot of tickets available. ;)

mamapo
06-10-2007, 09:42 PM
I thought I'd introduce myself on a night when Reds fans might be in a good mood :)

I sure hope this board is much better than the reds.com fan forum. Lots of hoops to jump through here - so that should keep out the riff-raff :p: (althought, I DID get through...)

I can't afford to go to many more games this year (I've been to 5 so far), but I consider myself a fan. I only got to see the last two innings of today's game, although I listened to the game until then on the radio. Here's hoping the Red's get some momentum going and remember what it's like to play some fun baseball.

AmarilloRed
06-11-2007, 01:42 AM
I decided to introduce myself again. I have been off the board for a while now.

uoduck1017
06-11-2007, 08:49 PM
Hello RedsZone community. This is a great site and you guys do a fabulous job.

BRM
06-12-2007, 10:18 AM
Welcome to the board!

OldRightHander
06-12-2007, 12:36 PM
I sure hope this board is much better than the reds.com fan forum.

Much better, not that it takes much to top that one.

KronoRed
06-12-2007, 12:37 PM

spartcock77
06-18-2007, 08:33 PM
I just wanted to introduce myself, and its good to finally find a place to follow the reds

standerson
07-02-2007, 02:54 AM
Grew up in WV a Reds fan. Retired from the Navy about 10 years ago and moved to Cincinnati. We have since moved to the Dayton area.

During my time in the Navy, I was involved in several Cincinnati Reds Special Recruit Companies. We swore in a complete Navy Boot Camp companys on the field of Riverfront. We had the per game banquet at St Peter In Chains. I had the pleasure of meeting Marge and several of the Reds Players.

My 10 year old son it getting ready to attend his first game. My first game was in Crosley so this will bring back a lot of memories.

sonny
07-02-2007, 03:04 AM
Welcome! Hope your son sees his first win as well.:)

Carolina Red
07-03-2007, 12:26 AM
Hello from NC. I'm happy to be a part of this forum, I've been a diehard Reds fan since I was about 8 or 9 (early 70's). There are a lot of Reds fan down here in NC and while it's about an 8 hour drive I still try to get up to Cincy to see the Reds at least once a summer.

Even though the team is in a time of turmoil right now I have a lot of hope that we are headed in the right direction. Let's face it, I think we all knew a couple of years ago that in order for the Reds to become competitive again we would have to have a new owner, a new GM, a different manager, and some different players. We have seen a lot of those things come to pass and we will probably see more changes this summer as the trade deadline nears. I think a lot of people, myself included, got a false sense of hope after being competitive last year. It's hard not to when it's been so long since we made the playoffs. Hopefully good things are just around the bend...........

I look forward to hearing from you all.

Jack

bleacherbum
07-03-2007, 12:43 PM
new girl here. Hi all. I live in KY. I was one of those kids with a transistor radio uder the pillow listening to Marty and Joe in the 70's. No matter how bad the team gets, I will always be a fan.Go Reds!

KittyDuran
07-03-2007, 12:55 PM
new girl here. Hi all. I live in KY. I was one of those kids with a transistor radio uder the pillow listening to Marty and Joe in the 70's. No matter how bad the team gets, I will always be a fan.Go Reds!Welcome! :wave: (nice to see a little more estrogen around here... the little bit I have left doesn't go far...:D)

KronoRed
07-03-2007, 03:05 PM
Welcome :D

Red Leader
07-03-2007, 03:18 PM
Welcome all.

Ron Madden
07-04-2007, 04:06 AM

Sabres73
07-06-2007, 10:18 PM
Hello all. I am new to the area and the forum. I grew up in Buffalo and have lived in Bloomington, Indiana for the past 8 years. I did not grow up a Reds fan (I followed the Dodgers as a kid), but I have a rule that whenever I move to an area that has a team in a sport in which I have no other historical connection to, I adopt that team. For example, when I moved from Buffalo to Indiana, I adopted the Pacers and am a passionate fan of that train wreck or an organization, so I think the mess that is the 2007 Reds should seem familiar to me. So, here I am. I also figure that if I jump in this year, no one can ever call me a bandwagon fan. I have watched most games since opening day, and have made it to three games so far this season. FWIW, I actually yelled at the TV for the first time in the middle of May, so I figure that this is when I actually started to care. I hope that you all will accept me as a new member of your community.

Ltlabner
07-07-2007, 03:30 PM
Welcome aboard Sabers73!

SabosGoggles
07-07-2007, 11:07 PM
Greetings fellow Reds fans,
Allow me to introduce myself. I am a 20 year old journalism student at The Ohio State University and was born and raised a Reds fan. I still remember my dad going berserk after winning the Series in 1990, and sadly, I have not had many more positive Reds memories. Nevertheless, I still fondly remember following the likes of Barry Larkin (my all-time favorite Red), Jose Rijo, Ron Gant, Deion Sanders, and of course, the immortal Chris Sabo. I may be younger than a lot of Reds fans here, so I look forward to hearing more experienced Reds fans views and hope to shed some mid-90s Reds fandom here as well. I look forward to posting here often.

oklaredsfan
07-12-2007, 01:12 PM
Hello
I'm a "new" Reds fan. I live in Oklahoma, I work with someone who went to school with Johnny Bench, so I'm not completely stupid about Reds baseball. I do live very close to where Johnny is from. One of my family members just signed with the Reds, GCL in Florida, so that is the reason I'm a new Reds fan. So I hope everyone is nice if his name comes up. Ha! Anyway glad to be here, (I won't tell you who I normally root for, but they also use red, just not Cincinnati Red! I'm excited about joining. Thanks!!

thedecline19
07-13-2007, 12:26 AM
Greetings fellow Reds fans,
Allow me to introduce myself. I am a 20 year old journalism student at The Ohio State University and was born and raised a Reds fan. I still remember my dad going berserk after winning the Series in 1990, and sadly, I have not had many more positive Reds memories. Nevertheless, I still fondly remember following the likes of Barry Larkin (my all-time favorite Red), Jose Rijo, Ron Gant, Deion Sanders, and of course, the immortal Chris Sabo. I may be younger than a lot of Reds fans here, so I look forward to hearing more experienced Reds fans views and hope to shed some mid-90s Reds fandom here as well. I look forward to posting here often.

Im very similar in my reds memories and fandom, ive got about 4 years on you in age so I probably have slightly more clear memories from 1990. Anyway, hopefully we can find some positives in this year and not make it another year without anything i'll remember in 10 years. Hope to begin posting on here pretty regularly and get some good debates going.

paintmered
07-17-2007, 10:15 PM
Welcome to our latest editions.

splitterpfj
07-23-2007, 12:18 AM
Greetings from Wisconsin. I'm a lifelong Brewers fan, I just stopped in to say hello. You guys have 25 games left with the Brewers and Cubs...wow, how'd that happen?

I saw that you had an article I wrote about Barry Larkin posted on this site a while back, thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed it.

sonny
07-23-2007, 12:43 AM
Welcome to the board!

TennReds03
07-25-2007, 03:33 PM
Hey fellow Reds fans!

First post on the board so it might as well be an introduction. Im from Louisville. Family tradition of being a Reds fan so I took to it. I go to college at Tennessee, so I love my Vols. Anyways I look forward to discussing with you all about the bright future of the Reds.

He can rake
07-25-2007, 04:05 PM
Hey guys,

I guess it is customary to say hello on here... Im a UC student in finance. I don't really know what else to say to you guys, but I look forward to talking baseball with you guys for many years to come.

CincinnatiKid
07-27-2007, 10:03 PM
Hey, I'm a 3rd generation Reds fan. My dad and I are friends with several people on the team, including Ryan Freel and the traveling secretary who sets us up with team tix and the team discount on the hotel rooms when we go on the road to see them. My dad and I just got back from NY and Florida, so I've now been to 28 of the 30 current ballparks. I have just Tropicana Field and the Skydome to go. Go Reds

sonny
07-27-2007, 11:14 PM
Welcome All!

I can't believe the handle "CincinnatiKid" wasnt already taken. Nice!

KeyMastur
07-31-2007, 12:01 PM
forgot to inrtroduce myself....just wanted to say what's up.

CarolinaRedleg
08-18-2007, 12:15 PM
Lifelong Reds fan (well, as long as I've followed pro baseball) from N.C. (possibly soon to be in S.C.). Came on board around '86 or so and I'm proud that I can say I've seen my favorite team win the World Series at least once in my lifetime.

In addition, I've dabbled in brewing my own beer, playing bass guitar and for now, I write for a living.

Btrester151
08-22-2007, 09:18 AM
Hello,

First time long time here. I check this site about ten times a day while I'm at work. lol. I can't believe I'm not fired yet :)

I live in middletown and usualy go to about 10 to 15 games a year. I am Married and am a proud member of the Army National Guard.

Can't wait to talk some baseball

sonny
08-23-2007, 03:05 AM
Hello,

First time long time here. I check this site about ten times a day while I'm at work. lol. I can't believe I'm not fired yet :)

I live in middletown and usualy go to about 10 to 15 games a year. I am Married and am a proud member of the Army National Guard.

Can't wait to talk some baseball

Welcome to the board Btrester!

RiSK
09-10-2007, 01:15 AM
Heya. I'm from Dayton; been to about 5 Dragons games this year, and probably 8-10 Reds games. Kinda stopped watching Baseball a few years ago, but this year, got back into it.

Great site! Can't wait to join in on the discussions. :D

onefortheroad
09-17-2007, 12:17 AM
Hello all. I'm from Columbus and attend quite a few Clippers/minor league games as well as Reds games. Longtime Reds Fan and sorry but also a Steeler fan. I'm a long time reader of the forum and look forward to participating.

I enjoy the site.

sonny
09-17-2007, 05:23 AM
Hello all. I'm from Columbus and attend quite a few Clippers/minor league games as well as Reds games. Longtime Reds Fan and sorry but also a Steeler fan. I'm a long time reader of the forum and look forward to participating.

I enjoy the site.

Nice to see another Columbusite, and I won't even hold the Steelers thing against you.

Ok, that's a lie, we just won't talk about football ;)

*BaseClogger*
10-24-2007, 11:59 AM
Hi y'all. I'm knew to this site and I'll anwser the "mandatory" questions...

1. Are you a Reds Fan? Yes
2. If so, what made you become a Reds Fan. If not, why are you on this forum? Grew up in Cincy
3. How did you learn about RedsZone? Honestly have no idea
4. How old are you? 17
5. Where are you from? Michigan
6. Do you drink or take drugs? If not, why are you a Reds fan?
7. Have you now or ever been a member of the communist party? Communism is a form of utopia

11. Would you consider having your testicles (if you are male) cut off if it would guarentee a Reds World Championship? No
12. Do you think Adam Dunn is overrated and strikes out too much? No
14. What do you think you can add to RedsZone? Statistical perspective
15. Do you think Jim Edmonds is a showboater? Yes

skyking162
11-14-2007, 10:19 AM
Hey all, I'm new to posting on the board, but have been reading for a while. I'm not a Reds fan, but I wouldn't say any team's my favorite. That being said, Adam Dunn is definitely the captain of my man-crush team (fielding issues ignored, naturally).

HeatherC1212
12-23-2007, 02:18 PM
Hi everyone! :) I've been lurking on the board for a while and when I finally decided to start posting last night, I realized my account wasn't activated and I couldn't post anything! Whoops, LOL ;) Things are worked out now though and I'm very much looking forward to talking Reds baseball with everyone. This is a great board and I can't wait to participate more now that I can! I've been a Reds fan pretty much my whole life (my all time fave player is Johnny Bench) although I do like the Angels and Orioles in the AL. My fave players on the current Reds team are Aaron Harang, Adam Dunn, Jared Burton, and Bronson Arroyo. Thanks to everyone for making this board so great and I can't wait to get to know everyone while talking about the Reds! :)

*BaseClogger*
12-23-2007, 02:37 PM
Hi everyone! :) I've been lurking on the board for a while and when I finally decided to start posting last night, I realized my account wasn't activated and I couldn't post anything! Whoops, LOL ;) Things are worked out now though and I'm very much looking forward to talking Reds baseball with everyone. This is a great board and I can't wait to participate more now that I can! I've been a Reds fan pretty much my whole life (my all time fave player is Johnny Bench) although I do like the Angels and Orioles in the AL. My fave players on the current Reds team are Aaron Harang, Adam Dunn, Jared Burton, and Bronson Arroyo. Thanks to everyone for making this board so great and I can't wait to get to know everyone while talking about the Reds! :)

welcome... now start padding that post count! ;)

HeatherC1212
12-23-2007, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the welcome! I just tried to post to a thread and it wouldn't let me. I don't know what's going on there but I'll start posting when the board lets me! LOL ;)

*BaseClogger*
12-23-2007, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the welcome! I just tried to post to a thread and it wouldn't let me. I don't know what's going on there but I'll start posting when the board lets me! LOL ;)

you need 60 days of service time and 50 posts... the wait is excruciating... Today is my first day to post threads and I already have like 600 posts... I need to get a gf... :D

HeatherC1212
12-23-2007, 03:08 PM
LOL! ;) Thanks for the information about the posting time! I read about that a few weeks ago but forgot about it today. :) I can post in some of the forums so I'll just jump in (which I've done a bit here and there) and patiently wait my turn for the other ones. There's plenty of other things to talk about right now and by the time spring training rolls around, I should be good to go. I'm not the most patient person but I can ramble with the best of them! :)

Ron Madden
12-23-2007, 05:18 PM

Welcome to Reds Country :wave:

Caveat Emperor
12-26-2007, 05:37 PM
I'm not the most patient person but I can ramble with the best of them! :)

You'll fit right in then!

Welcome!

:wave:

smoke6
12-30-2007, 09:49 PM
Hey ya'll. Just say no to Eric Bedard!:thumbup:

XU Lou
12-31-2007, 08:43 PM
Hello all. I am a lifelong Reds Fan attending my first game in 1967 at 7 years old. I have been reading the site for the last month or so and am duly impressed. I have never joined a discussion site on the internet before but can't think of a better reason than to share questions, comments and snide remarks on the Reds.

AmarilloRed
12-31-2007, 10:41 PM

remdog
01-01-2008, 12:37 AM

Sure. Just say no to ORG. :)

Rem

*BaseClogger*
01-01-2008, 03:20 PM

Not to attack you personally, but this post made me want the start the official "Erik Bedard's name is Erik, not Eric" thread :rant:...

wlf WV
01-01-2008, 10:18 PM
not a typist,bear with me.i am thankful i found this site.very informative.i have been viewing about 2 weeks.most of my concerns have been well adressed.1question.it seems the farm system has been greatly improved,mostly before wk. what do you'all think of the change in reds milb administration. thanks for allowing me the opportunity to enjoy this wealth of info. lyle.

smoke6
01-08-2008, 12:35 PM
Not to attack you personally, but this post made me want the start the official "Erik Bedard's name is Erik, not Eric" thread :rant:...

Um, o.k. :thumbup:

ccmcnutt
01-23-2008, 12:44 PM
Hi,

I'm a new member who lives in on the Central Coast of California. Despite living about 2,000 miles from Cincinnati, I was immediately drawn to the Reds when I started to follow baseball in 1970 as a 9-year-old. I was watching the All-Star game, and after I saw Pete Rose crash into Ray Fosse and score the winning run, I had my first favorite player. I grew up near Angel Stadium, and when I was about 11, the Angels acquired Vada Pinson and I had a new favorite player. Thirty-five years later, I still root for the Reds. I have a collection of old Reds cards, photos and players that dates back to 1911. My prizes are a '38 Johnny Vandermeer Mitchell & Ness jersey (try to find one!) and a Frank Robinson rookie from 1957. I'm a hopeless optimist when it comes to my team, so I'm convinced this could be the Reds' year ...

remdog
01-23-2008, 12:49 PM
What's the name of that baseball card shop in Carmel that's run by Hal Trosky's nephew? I think it has Hal's name used in there somewhere. Neat shop.

Rem

westofyou
01-23-2008, 12:51 PM
Hi,

I'm a new member who lives in on the Central Coast of California. Despite living about 2,000 miles from Cincinnati, I was immediately drawn to the Reds when I started to follow baseball in 1970 as a 9-year-old. I was watching the All-Star game, and after I saw Pete Rose crash into Ray Fosse and score the winning run, I had my first favorite player. I grew up near Angel Stadium, and when I was about 11, the Angels acquired Vada Pinson and I had a new favorite player. Thirty-five years later, I still root for the Reds. I have a collection of old Reds cards, photos and players that dates back to 1911. My prizes are a '38 Johnny Vandermeer Mitchell & Ness jersey (try to find one!) and a Frank Robinson rookie from 1957. I'm a hopeless optimist when it comes to my team, so I'm convinced this could be the Reds' year ...

Monterey, great place, great weather, awesome place, ice plants, seals and otters what's not to like?

I'd love to see that jersey.

westofyou
01-23-2008, 12:51 PM
What's the name of that baseball card shop in Carmel that's run by Hal Trosky's nephew? I think it has Hal's name used in there somewhere. Neat shop.

Rem

Hal's son was my mom's hairdresser

remdog
01-23-2008, 12:54 PM

In Cincinnati or elsewhere?

Rem

westofyou
01-23-2008, 01:22 PM
In Cincinnati or elsewhere?

Rem
Carmel

remdog
01-23-2008, 01:54 PM

:lol: It never ceases to amaze me all of the obscure references and connections you have with baseball. :thumbup:

Rem

ccmcnutt
01-23-2008, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the replies ... the baseball card shop unfortunately closed just two weeks ago. Nathan Trosky, one of Hal's grandkids, ran a baseball school out of the shop, which even had a batting cage. Nathan's dad cuts hair next door. I play in a softball league nearby in Big Sur, and three Troskys play in it. Nathan, by the way, is also a country-rock singer-songwriter who wrote a tune about Jackie Robinson that was played in many major league parks (along with a video) during last season's 60th anniversary celebration of Robinson breaking the color barrier ...

remdog
01-23-2008, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the update. I was there last May and I remember the batting cage. Sorry to hear it closed but it's good to know that if WOY's Mom ever needs her hair done.....:)

I'm up in Monterey 3-4 times per year.

Rem

yab1112
01-25-2008, 07:56 PM
Hi everybody, new to the site. I Grew up in Cincinnati but I live in New York now.

*BaseClogger*
01-25-2008, 09:27 PM
Hi everybody, new to the site. I Grew up in Cincinnati but I live in New York now.

Welcome to Redszone!

Raisor
01-26-2008, 08:41 AM

We'll try not to hold you living in the Evil Empire against you.

:thumbup:

yab1112
01-27-2008, 05:33 PM
Thanks, i actually have tickets to see the Reds in Yankee this year.

fugowitribe
01-30-2008, 12:44 AM
Hey everybody, new to posting on the site, but I have been reading threads for a while now. I am a 20 year old from Zanesville, Ohio and have been to every Opening Day for as long as I can remember.

AmarilloRed
01-30-2008, 12:57 AM
:welcome: to the forum.

GoReds33
01-31-2008, 07:52 PM
Hey everybody, new to posting on the site, but I have been reading threads for a while now. I am a 20 year old from Zanesville, Ohio and have been to every Opening Day for as long as I can remember.Howdy. You're not going to have to deal with those Cubs' fans this year huh?

Weasle 25
02-03-2008, 11:19 PM
Hello everyone I'm the Weasle:D I been a huge Reds fan since I"ve been alive. I read this sight since it started but never posted or anything so this is very exciting to me. So I just wanted to say Hi to everyone and wish the Reds well this year. :thumbup:

*BaseClogger*
02-03-2008, 11:58 PM
Hello everyone I'm the Weasle:D I been a huge Reds fan since I"ve been alive. I read this sight since it started but never posted or anything so this is very exciting to me. So I just wanted to say Hi to everyone and wish the Reds well this year. :thumbup:

bubbachunk
02-18-2008, 09:31 AM
Hey guys been a reds fan all my life and finally found a forum to post on about it.

*BaseClogger*
02-18-2008, 06:28 PM
Hey guys been a reds fan all my life and finally found a forum to post on about it.

GoReds33
02-18-2008, 08:38 PM
Good to have ya aboard.

Va Red Fan
02-21-2008, 12:33 PM
Hello. Love reading the stuff on this site. My only problem is that some of the regular posters are way too negative. As a life, long Reds fan I want to have hope. If this were the election I would be much more of an Obama guy than a Hillary person. Obama - yes we can. Hillary - Oh, no you didn't (with a snap). Here's hoping we can be more positive.

remdog
02-25-2008, 10:47 PM
If this were the election....

It's not.

Here's hoping we can be more positive.

Here's hoping you can be more objective.

Rem

02-26-2008, 01:19 AM
Hello. Love reading the stuff on this site. My only problem is that some of the regular posters are way too negative. As a life, long Reds fan I want to have hope. If this were the election I would be much more of an Obama guy than a Hillary person. Obama - yes we can. Hillary - Oh, no you didn't (with a snap). Here's hoping we can be more positive.

Welcome, VA!

Here's hoping you stay positive!

reds2221
02-26-2008, 09:23 PM
I've actually never posted here, so now I am.

Hello, i've been a reds fan since I was born (my dad actually watched a reds-braves game shortly before I was born, reds lost sadly :( ) and I come from a long line of reds fans. I've been a member here for a few years, but I never started posting alot until just recently. I'm totally obsessed with the reds and how the game of baseball is played and I have on many occasions ranted about either of the 2 (or both sometimes) for longer than 30 minutes at once (not kidding). I must say that I totally love it here because I care the most about the reds (and know the most about them) at my school by a long shot, and this place puts me in my place quickly lol.

chatchi
03-03-2008, 10:30 AM
Hi everyone... I'm chatchi, a life-long Reds fan living in Chicago (and way too close to Wrigley Field). I've been in Chicago since 2000, but never stopped rooting for the Reds (and making fun of the stupid Cubbies).

Somehow, I didn't know that Redszone existed until this weekend, so when I heard about it I just had to join. I have my own Reds site called Chris Sabo's Goggles (http://www.chris-sabos-goggles.com) that I started up a few weeks ago, so hopefully some of you will have some interest in that.

Otherwise, I'm just looking forward to joining the discussion here on Redszone and can't wait for the real games to begin.

So, again... hi, everyone!

GO REDS!
chatchi

reds2221
03-05-2008, 06:02 PM
welcome!

JBChance
03-14-2008, 01:15 AM
Hi,

I've never posted, but have been reading this site for a long time. I love reading all the info and opinions at this place. I've come close to posting so many times, but I'm not much of a talker most of the time (my wife will tell you different, though;)) But, I finally decided it was time to start.

I've been a Reds fan since sometime in the seventies. My family moved to Dayton from New York in '75 and my Dad started taking us to games at Riverfront. My older sisters never made the switch and one lives in Brooklyn and is a card-carrying Yankees fan (spring training and all) and the other moved to Chicago and is a Mets/ Cubs fan (don't get me started about that duality). My parents still live in Dayton and we get to games occasionally. I live in Youngstown (THE Murder Capital of Ohio), so I rarely get to see the Reds play; only when they play the Pirates, Indians, or Braves (TBS). I have seen at least one game, in person, a year since I was little, however. Last year, I didn't make it to Great American (My father is PISSED at the Reds), but I did see them at PNC Park. I even got some sort of replica, minor league Pirates shirt. I use it to wash the dog :D

Anyway, I'm excited to see the Reds actually have some young talent and believe that the good guys are on the upswing, contrary to popular sports pundits.

So, Go Reds

AmarilloRed
03-14-2008, 02:05 AM
:welcome: You have made some good posts so far. Look forward to seeing you continue more of the same.

JBChance
03-14-2008, 02:44 AM
Thanks.

Got all fired up there for a sec. and fired off a bunch of posts.

That's the most I've EVER posted. (not saying much)

Kinda scared myself :scared:

goldengreek33
03-20-2008, 02:26 AM
Sup guys,

Confession, I am not a Reds fan- nor a hater. I am, in fact, a die-hard Red Sox fan. I live in Southern Indiana (Evansville) so I do make it to a few of the Redlegs games a year. Having lived in the Mid-West basically my whole life, I've been stuck watching the Cardinals, Reds, Cubs, and sometimes White Sox. I have to say my favorite by far is the Reds, no matter how many disappointing seasons they may have had. I'm a young buck, only 18. Don't let that fool you, I can talk baseball with anyone here. I currently post at SoSH and soxprospects.com. I love prospects, which is probably a big reason I'm here. I'm very excited to see what Bruce and Votto can bring to give this much deserving fanbase a real shot of contending again as well as seeing guys like Cueto make it sometime in 08 and guys like Frazier, Francisco, and Lotzkar come up through the low minors.

Like SoSH, I see this is a place where you need to prove you belong to post in the 'Old Red Guard'. I should be a daily contributor, but I didn't know if you guys take non-Reds fans in. Anyways, I won't waste anymore of your time and let my posts do the rest of the talking.

KronoRed
03-20-2008, 02:43 AM

*BaseClogger*
03-20-2008, 09:10 AM
Glad to have another young guy join the crowd :)

B4SE FILT3R
04-01-2008, 09:46 PM
Hello one and all. I would like to announce that the B4SE FILT3R is in business on RedsZone. You will see me on fantasy island and I will always give you the perfect answer to your questions. I'm cocky and hope I will be debating with you all sooner than later!:thumbup:

*BaseClogger*
04-01-2008, 09:47 PM
Hello one and all. I would like to announce that the B4SE FILT3R is in business on RedsZone. You will see me on fantasy island and I will always give you the perfect answer to your questions. I'm cocky and hope I will be debating with you all sooner than later!:thumbup:

Welcome!... and bring it on!

What area in Detroit are you from? ;)

WMR
04-01-2008, 09:59 PM
He's not from Detroit, he's from Detorit.

Highlifeman21
04-01-2008, 10:12 PM
I would recommend staying away from WMR.

Apparently he likes to wank his stats.

WMR
04-01-2008, 10:14 PM
I would recommend staying away from WMR.

Apparently he likes to wank his stats.

Who do you talk to to get your name changed?

Is Stat Wanker available??

Highlifeman21
04-01-2008, 10:16 PM
Who do you talk to to get your name changed?

Is Stat Wanker available??

I would direct that question to Boss and or GIK.

You can't abandon the memory of WMP.

His legacy must live on in the halls of the RedsZone.

*BaseClogger*
04-01-2008, 10:17 PM
He's not from Detroit, he's from Detorit.

Twas a joke. He lives down the street... Hence the name :D

WMR
04-01-2008, 10:18 PM
I would direct that question to Boss and or GIK.

You can't abandon the memory of WMP.

His legacy must live on in the halls of the RedsZone.

Oh I won't... but if I ever did, I would definitely adopt the moniker "Stat Wanker." Perhaps the most awesome name one could ever choose.

Caveat Emperor
04-02-2008, 02:53 PM
Oh I won't... but if I ever did, I would definitely adopt the moniker "Stat Wanker." Perhaps the most awesome name one could ever choose.

I'm Caveat Emperor, and I approve of this post. :clap:

Make the change, WMR!

fugowitribe
04-05-2008, 12:32 AM
OK, so I have been a member for 60 days and I have 50 posts under my belt. Now what do I have to do to gain membership to ORG?

GoReds33
04-05-2008, 12:37 AM
OK, so I have been a member for 60 days and I have 50 posts under my belt. Now what do I have to do to gain membership to ORG?You have to be a member for six months, or be nominated by an ORG member. You have to demonstrate that you can make quality posts. I think that's about it.

fugowitribe
04-05-2008, 11:00 AM
You have to be a member for six months, or be nominated by an ORG member. You have to demonstrate that you can make quality posts. I think that's about it.

Oh, I see. I thought I read that it was only 60 days of trial period. oh well, GO REDS!

AnnieSavoy
04-11-2008, 04:54 PM
hello all, another Texas based Reds Fan. and boy are we hard to come by.

Jason_1968
04-11-2008, 09:06 PM
Hi, my name is Jason (obviously). I am 39, and have been a Reds fan pretty much my entire life. I grew up in Cincinnati, but have not lived there since February of 1996. I have since lived in Pennsylvania, Florida, and now North Carolina. I went to the same high school as Pete Rose, Don Zimmer, Russ Nixon and Carl "Toughy" Rhodes (I went to school with Rhodes, though we weren't in any classes together).

bgwilly31
04-16-2008, 04:54 PM
Hey guys/gals

My name is jeff i live in hamiltucky on the nice side of town.
Long time REDS fan excited about the season. Looking to share my excitement and opinions on decisions and performances.

One quick question. I hadnt noticed the Option to change/ADD and avatar...

Can anybody help me out? :confused:

Boss-Hog
04-16-2008, 05:36 PM
Hey guys/gals

My name is jeff i live in hamiltucky on the nice side of town.
Long time REDS fan excited about the season. Looking to share my excitement and opinions on decisions and performances.

One quick question. I hadnt noticed the Option to change/ADD and avatar...

Can anybody help me out? :confused:
Welcome aboard.

Mostly for bandwidth purposes, avatars are restricted to those with Old Red Guard posting access.

bgwilly31
04-18-2008, 01:07 PM
Welcome aboard.

Mostly for bandwidth purposes, avatars are restricted to those with Old Red Guard posting access.

Looks like i need to get to work to prove i deserve that priviledge. :thumbup:

Im loving this site btw. Much better than other reds forums i've found.

DBacks Fan
04-19-2008, 02:21 PM
1. Are you a Reds Fan? They are my adopted 2nd child.
2. If so, what made you become a Reds Fan. If not, why are you on this forum? My uncle is the world's biggest Reds fan.
3. How did you learn about RedsZone? My uncle and Clemson's very own, Dan Scott.
4. How old are you? 22
5. Where are you from? Darlington, South Carolina
6. Do you drink or take drugs? If not, why are you a Reds fan? No, and because I like that sort of torture.
7. Have you now or ever been a member of the communist party? I prefer Facism.
8. Do you know who the Gang of 10 are? No
9. Are you now or have you ever been affliated with Richard Hand or Gallagher? No
10. Do you wipe front to back or back to front? More of a side to side wiper.
11. Would you consider having your testicles (if you are male) cut off if it would guarentee a Reds World Championship? Absolutely not.
12. Do you think Adam Dunn is overrated and strikes out too much? No.
13. Which Reds player would you most like to go on a double date with and why?Brandon Phillips, because I think we could turn a mean double play.
14. What do you think you can add to RedsZone?Perspective from the Arizona front.
15. Do you think Jim Edmonds is a showboater?I think he's slow, old, and overrated. I think 99% of his diving catches would have been routine plays for Chris B. Young.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, I'm Coby and I'm a Diamondbacks fan. I grew up loving Orlando Hudson (from my town), and I'm still his biggest fan. My uncle is a huge Reds fan, so we have a lot of fun with that.

Looking forward to some meaningful baseball conversation.

zakthemack
04-23-2008, 08:48 PM
Hello, I'm Zak a fan from Columbus. A very frustrated fan from Columbus.

*BaseClogger*
04-23-2008, 09:13 PM
Hello, I'm Zak a fan from Columbus. A very frustrated fan from Columbus.

I found this site when they hired Dusty Baker! :)

Krovvy Red
05-16-2008, 12:55 PM
Hello all. My name's Brett and I'm a 25-year-old yoth pastor from Delaware. I've been a Reds fan for as long as I can remember. My dad's a big fan and raised me that way. The champioship in '90 (third grade for me) sealed it forever.

So I'm vey excited about being in this forum. I've also been a big Red Sox fan for about a decade and I'm on a board for them, but this was the first Reds site that matched that level. This really looks like a quality place to be and I look forward to much intelligent and enjoyable discussion of all things Redlegs.

Ghosts of 1990
05-16-2008, 01:05 PM
1. Are you a Reds Fan? since 1990
2. If so, what made you become a Reds Fan. If not, why are you on this forum? Being in Cincy downtown at the Hyatt when the Reds swept Oakland. The honking horns. The yelling. Larkin. My new reds hat. The colors.
3. How did you learn about RedsZone? People on another forum
4. How old are you? 25
5. Where are you from? Columbus, Ohio
6. Do you drink or take drugs? If not, why are you a Reds fan? Huge Adam dunn fan and jay bruce
7. Have you now or ever been a member of the communist party? no
8. Do you know who the Gang of 10 are? No
9. Are you now or have you ever been affliated with Richard Hand or Gallagher? No
10. Do you wipe front to back or back to front? front to back
11. Would you consider having your testicles (if you are male) cut off if it would guarentee a Reds World Championship? Absolutely
12. Do you think Adam Dunn is overrated and strikes out too much? No. He's a great player. Just not a star.
13. Which Reds player would you most like to go on a double date with and why? Arroyo. Arroyo always scores
14. What do you think you can add to RedsZone? I live, eat, sleep, and breathe the game of baseball. I obsess about it. It is the most important thing in my life.
15. Do you think Jim Edmonds is a showboater? Great defensive player. First rate d--k though.

KentuckyReds
05-18-2008, 01:15 AM
Hey everyone, my names is Logan and am a recently graduated college student from Kentucky. I'm a big Reds fan and have been so since I was six. I look forward to having some good discussions at this forum.

Ron Madden
05-18-2008, 01:34 AM
:welcome: To Reds Country.

InfieldHit
05-21-2008, 12:28 PM
Hi y'all, I'm a Dodgers fan and was wondering if Edinson Volquez would be available in the right deal?

More specifcally: a package based around Phillips and Volquez for Derek Lowe?

Also, any interest in Andruw Jones, and what would you be willing to give up? Just wanted to start some discussion since the Dodgers appear ready to play their kids! Thanks! :)

gonelong
05-21-2008, 01:22 PM
Hi y'all, I'm a Dodgers fan and was wondering if Edinson Volquez would be available in the right deal?

Welcome.

I don't think you could pry Volquez away from the Reds with a truck. You'd have a better chance prying away a bottle of Aquafina from a man that had just walked 200 miles through the desert with sand in his mouth. :D

More specifcally: a package based around Phillips and Volquez for Derek Lowe?

I wouldn't even begin to entertain Lowe for either one of those guys straight up.

Phillips is one of the few plus defenders we have, is more than adequate with the bat, has some functional speed, and is locked up at a nice price for a few years.

Volquez is outperforming Lowe already, and he makes $over $9M less this year and will be cheap over the next few years.

[qoute] Also, any interest in Andruw Jones, and what would you be willing to give up? Just wanted to start some discussion since the Dodgers appear ready to play their kids! Thanks! :)[/quote]

Patterson is giving us similar production (ugh) with the bat and the glove to Jones at $11M cheaper. The Reds also have Jay Bruce in AAA playing CF who is more than ready to take over CF.

The Reds certainly don't seem to be a likely trading partner IMO.

GL

MarcinKentucky
05-24-2008, 01:03 PM
Hello, REDS fans! I'm happy to be on board a site that won't leave me looking for a shotgun after I log off. Looking forward to great discussion and hope for the future of our team!:thumbup:

Layney
05-26-2008, 03:52 PM
Hey everybody! I'm new to the board as you can see. The Reds are my favorite team in the NL and I look forward to discussing them with all of you.
Oh yeah, I'll get this out of the way...my favorite player is Bronson Arroyo.

cincy14
06-22-2008, 05:31 PM
Hi all,

I'm cincy14 and am new to the site today.

I am a long-time Reds fan, originally from Northern Indiana but I'm now located in the center of California. I check on the Reds daily and follow all of their personnel moves.

I show my 54 years of age when I tell you that my favorite Red is still Pete Rose. I guess that I don't have a favorite current player to claim today, I just root for the Reds to win and still like to see the Dodgers lose.

I'm looking forward to viewing this site and chipping in when possible. Go Reds!!

Root Down
06-23-2008, 07:14 PM
I'm new to the site and figured I'd better stop by here and introduce myself. My dad, Phil in BG, has on occasion referred me to conversations on this site when we talk baseball, that is how I found the site. I am 26, was born and raised a Cincy fan, Reds and Bengals (yeah it's been a rough past 15 years). I am currently serving in the Ohio Air National Guard and am a full time student at BGSU. I hope to be able to bring some quality to the conversations but... no guarantees. As for baseball, I grew up watching Eric Davis, Barry Larkin, Chris Sabo, Rob Dibble, Jose Rijo etc etc. I was also a huge Griffey Jr. fan even before he came to the Reds, so when he came to the Cincinnati in '00 I was quite ecstatic. I am very excited to see what the Reds can do with these new young players.

Spring~Fields
07-08-2008, 07:34 AM
I'm new to the site and figured I'd better stop by here and introduce myself. My dad, Phil in BG, has on occasion referred me to conversations on this site when we talk baseball, that is how I found the site. I am 26, was born and raised a Cincy fan, Reds and Bengals (yeah it's been a rough past 15 years). I am currently serving in the Ohio Air National Guard and am a full time student at BGSU. I hope to be able to bring some quality to the conversations but... no guarantees. As for baseball, I grew up watching Eric Davis, Barry Larkin, Chris Sabo, Rob Dibble, Jose Rijo etc etc. I was also a huge Griffey Jr. fan even before he came to the Reds, so when he came to the Cincinnati in '00 I was quite ecstatic. I am very excited to see what the Reds can do with these new young players.

Hello, and welcome, we look forward to reading your input and feedback.

:)

Mr.RedStripe
07-31-2008, 02:15 AM
Hello fellow Reds fans ! :beerme:

I just registered for the site.

I have been a lifelong Reds fan thanks to my Father.
I live in NC and just got back from a game. Been to at least one game a year for as long as I can remember.

I saw the Thursday game vs. the Mets after the All-Star break.
Coco made me sick that night and I wont be better until I get back and see a win.

I look forward to meeting you all and bantering about our Redlegs with everyone. :cool:

camisadelgolf
08-02-2008, 10:40 AM
Welcome to the site! As someone who has lived in NC, there's a lot of North Carolina flavor to be proud of between Brandon Phillips, Norris Hopper, Jared Burton, and Todd Coffey. I hope you enjoy it here, and don't be shy to ask questions or make suggestions.

BRM13
08-12-2008, 03:40 PM
Hi everyone! I've been lurking for a while and decided it was time to join the conversation.

I've been following the Reds since the very early Big Red Machine days. I can remember listening to Al Michaels and Joe Nuxhall on my little hand held transistor radio! I remember when they first hired Marty Brenneman, my family and I used to laugh about how excited Marty would get whenever somebody hit a ball in the air. He thought every flyball was a home run for about 2-3 years.

Like everybody I loved the big four (Rose, Morgan, Bench, and Perez), but I really rooted for Foster and Concepcion. In the past 20 years or so my favorite players have been Eric Davis, Larkin, Griffey Jr., and Dunn. In fact, my favorite ballpark memory of recent years is taking my son to the game in which Dunn hit a ball to the Ohio River. At the time Dunn was the only player's name on the team my son recognized. For a long time after that he thought we should always see Dunn hit a 500+ foot homerun. :D

Broooce14
08-15-2008, 01:49 PM
Hi. Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been a reds fan since I was little and grew up wearing 14 on all my little league jerseys because Pete Rose has always been my favorite. I'm also a huge UK fan and a Green Bay Packers fan. I've been reading the Old Red Guard posts for awhile now and just decided to read the "about us" link recently and liked what I read so I decided to begin posting.

Eric_the_Red
10-16-2008, 05:50 PM
Hello all!

Another noob here...born and raised in Cincinnati, a Reds fan my whole life. Reading the "About Us" on the forums, it seems there is a high bar for posting, so I look forward to some intelligent Reds/baseball discussion.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing what the young guys on the team can do, and think things are moving in the right direction for the first time in a long time. Then again, I could have a warped sense of progress as I am also a Bengals fan. ;)

I also believe the team should only wear this cap: :redcap:

biggestREDSfan
11-24-2008, 02:02 PM
I am really glad to be back on this board again. I have not had a computer for one and a half years. I still followed the Reds though. When I heard that the Reds let go of Griffey and Dunn, I blew my top and said I would never follow the Reds again. I lied! I would never leave the Reds!
I hope I hear from all of you soon.

Plus Plus
11-25-2008, 04:52 PM
Hey all,

My name is Justin, I am a lifelong Reds fan from Cincinnati. I grew up during the Davis and Larkin eras, but I feel that I have a good enough knowledge about the game of baseball and the team itself to contribute well.

Cheers, and GO REDS!

camisadelgolf
11-25-2008, 05:00 PM
Hey all,

My name is Justin, I am a lifelong Reds fan from Cincinnati. I grew up during the Davis and Larkin eras, but I feel that I have a good enough knowledge about the game of baseball and the team itself to contribute well.

Cheers, and GO REDS!

Welcome to the site, ++. Feel free to ask questions.

TheNext44
12-04-2008, 08:24 PM
Hi,

My name is Jack and I am lifelong Reds fan. My family moved from Ohio when I was kid in 1976, right after the 76 World Series, so obvioulsy I have never fully recovered from such a devastating trama. I swore to all my friends that I would be Reds fan forever, and have stuck to that promise, even when I lived in St. Louis when they won the World Series in 1982. I live in LA now, don't ask, I know it sucks. But still a Reds fan. I am just hoping the Reds can win a game here sometime in my lifetime, so I don't have to hear it from my Dodger fan friends.

I picked the username TheNext44 because my two favorite players are Eric Davis and Adam Dunn, who both wore #44. I hope that the Reds can find their next #44 soon, because they need one. I have noticed that the Reds last #44 is still as controversial as when he was a Red. That is one reason why I wanted to join. I could talk about Adam Dunn all day long.

Have Some Fun and Go Reds!

Farnsie
12-04-2008, 08:39 PM
Can't understand how I missed this thread and instead started a new one. Anyway, my name's Jim and live in Gothenburg, Sweden, 19 years old. Because it's basically unheard of with baseball here in sweden I've only been into baseball since this season. Looking forward to the season with fellow "Redszoners" (eehr)... GO reds

redsfandan
12-05-2008, 08:52 AM
welcome aboard TheNext44 (love your hobbies) and Farnsie (wow sweden? cool). hope you enjoy the boards.

morande
12-17-2008, 11:02 PM
Hi all,
My name is Matt and am 22 years old. I attend UC and have been in Cincinnati my whole life. Love the Reds and Kepp, lets go in 09!!!

Mario-Rijo
12-18-2008, 01:31 AM
Hi all,
My name is Matt and am 22 years old. I attend UC and have been in Cincinnati my whole life. Love the Reds and Kepp, lets go in 09!!!

Welcome Matt and everyone else's posts I missed initially. When it comes to Reds discussion we don't mess around here so tighten up those games. :thumbup:

paintmered
12-22-2008, 08:24 PM
Hi all,

Welcome. :)

(and go Bearcats!)

benchrosemorgan
01-01-2009, 11:40 AM
Well, I'm 47yr's old and became a reds fan way back when I was about 10yr's old.became a reds fan because all my friends were Dodger fans, been w/them since!! Adam Dunn had to go! I would cut my n-ts off for a world series title. I would trade H. Bailey, I would bring in Milton Bradley,I would get rid of Dusty,I do like the taveras signing,we spent to much money on Cordero,I would trade EE,I would not sign Lowe,not sure about Dye,rather have Nady
Pete Rose should be in the hall as a player....I love the reds and am really happy I found this site..

Dave:beerme:

camisadelgolf
01-01-2009, 12:13 PM
Welcome to the site, Dave. I hope you enjoy yourself here, and please don't be shy about any questions. I didn't need to know that about your nuts, but it's nice to know that you're passionate about the Reds, too.

benchrosemorgan
01-01-2009, 12:33 PM
Thanks and my goal this yr is to come out for a reds game!!

camisadelgolf
01-01-2009, 02:16 PM
Thanks and my goal this yr is to come out for a reds game!!

Good luck. But if you don't get the chance, at least you'd be stuck in Pasadena, which is one of the most beautiful cities I've ever seen. My sister works there, and I have a few friends out there.

Ron Madden
01-02-2009, 02:47 AM
Well, I'm 47yr's old and became a reds fan way back when I was about 10yr's old.became a reds fan because all my friends were Dodger fans, been w/them since!! Adam Dunn had to go! I would cut my n-ts off for a world series title. I would trade H. Bailey, I would bring in Milton Bradley,I would get rid of Dusty,I do like the taveras signing,we spent to much money on Cordero,I would trade EE,I would not sign Lowe,not sure about Dye,rather have Nady
Pete Rose should be in the hall as a player....I love the reds and am really happy I found this site..

Dave:beerme:

Welcome to Reds Country.

benchrosemorgan
01-02-2009, 09:04 PM
Thanks guy's!! and all u had to was was watch the rose bowl game to know pasadena is a great place..looking forward to see the reds when they come out this yr!! great site

ColRedFlagg
02-03-2009, 10:22 PM
Hey all, been a Reds fans since the little league I played in as a kid would make the annual pilgrimage to old Riverfront to watch the Big Red Machine play (that should date me) ;)

Captain Hook
02-13-2009, 02:43 AM
I'm sort of new here.I so was anxious to start posting my thoughts about the Reds that its has taken me a few months to get around to saying hi and to introduce myself.

My name is Jason,live in C Bus and haven't met too many people that are bigger Reds fans then I am.That is until I found this place.Love the site and hope to be around for a long time.

*BaseClogger*
02-13-2009, 12:55 PM

RedsfanfromNKY
03-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Hey everyone.... Just found the forum very glad I did. I have always been a reds fan I live across the river in Northern KY. I am 26 years old with a 3 year old son who watches the reds with me! I am super excited I am going to my first opening day this season! Well Ill stop rambling now..... Hope to get to know some of you folks on here....

Ronnie

GoReds33
03-07-2009, 08:42 PM
Welcome, Ronnie. Don't be afraid to join in the fun.

It's great to hear that more young fans are coming along. It wasn't so long ago that I was dragged to my first Reds game, and I haven't stopped going since.

jlk
03-20-2009, 03:28 PM
Hello all, I just joined this site, but am lifelong fan of my hometown heroes! I am looking forward to '09, especially looking forward to seeing how Votto and Bruce have progressed. Hopefully the team can surprise and contend for a playoff spot, at the least.

K30
03-23-2009, 06:17 PM
Hey everyone im KJ, im 20 and currently serving in the Air Force however i am from Bloomington/Batesville, IN so i grew up as a reds fan. I have been a Griffey fan since i was 5 so i was happy to see him come to reds and sad to see him go last year, however ill always be a reds fan. Im really enjoying watching Phillips grow every year, and i personally am i fan of EE, i hope he blossoms into a star during this two year contract and we resign him again. Im hoping im able to get to come to Cincy and see a game before i leave for Japan in may, but im looking forward to the 09 season

leakbrewergator
04-07-2009, 04:09 PM
^^ Have fun in Japan. Stay out of trouble!

travisgrimes
04-13-2009, 12:23 AM
Hello my name is Travis Grimes and im the biggest reds fan in the world!!

daedalus
04-26-2009, 05:06 PM
Hi, been a Reds blogger for four seasons now, just wanted to say HI. AND:

I'm trying to get Reds fans in DC together on Wednesday night to watch the game. I want to do this once a month. I have lived in DC since 2003 (with the exception of last year) and would love to est. a monthly "meeting" with fellow Reds fans.

Meet up on Wed, April 29 @ 7pm at Solly's on U Street.

My email is paddyglover@gmail.com, so email me if you want to come. Oh, and I'm a GIRL if that matters. Ha ha.:beerme:

RedStar101
04-26-2009, 11:09 PM
Hey, new to the forum. 21 years old. Keep up with the Reds nearly every game. College student at UNC-Charlotte, born in Cincinnati tho. Huge UK Fan tho. Look forward to keeping up with the forum.

Charlton
04-27-2009, 12:11 PM
Dearest Fellow Reds Fans,

Salutations, greetings, etc. etc. etc. I have been a Reds fan for at least two decades now. I lived in Cincinnati for about 5 years when I was a little kid, up to the '90 season, in fact. I am 24, I hold a B.A. from Marshall University and a Master's from Vanderbilt University, and I am happily married. I enjoy long walks on the beach at night, Jay Bruce home runs, reading and traveling, and dissing Cubs fans. I have lurked around RedsZone for a while but have been reticent to join or post due to the already-strong representation of cynics and smart you-know-whats. So, "hi" or whatever.

camisadelgolf
04-27-2009, 02:42 PM
Welcome to the site! This is easily the best Reds discussion site on the internet, so sit back, enjoy, and put in your two cents.

*BaseClogger*
04-27-2009, 02:51 PM
Welcome to the site! This is easily the best Reds discussion site on the internet, so sit back, enjoy, and put in your two cents.

And send all of that money to MY account... :lol:

camisadelgolf
04-27-2009, 04:31 PM
I do not condone sending any money to *BaseClogger*. He's in college, and with this economy, you know he's got a life of wealth ahead of him.

Latiger12
04-28-2009, 10:07 AM
Hello all, just found the site. Look forward to conversing with you all. http://secsportschat.com/sport-chats/img/3760/w08q1028hnzf/biggrin.gif

dth42888
05-06-2009, 02:48 AM
Hello!

Hope everyone is doing well! I mean come'on after a W like the Reds had earlier tonight how could you not be feeling pretty good. Since this is an introduction thread I'm going to be honest as can be. I've always been a Reds fan as a Cincinnati native (WESTSIDEEEEE!). They have always brought some sort of hope after every Bengals season always seems to crush any flicker that is still alive (This is not a plug but I also post on Bengals Zone. Solid forum) But anyways, I like the way this forum is structured. Only the true, most informed, fans make it to the most significant discussions. Hopefully I'll be there some day to spit some stats and facts. But in the mean time ROLL RED LEGS ROLL!

Ron Madden
05-06-2009, 05:05 AM
Hello!

Hope everyone is doing well! I mean come'on after a W like the Reds had earlier tonight how could you not be feeling pretty good. Since this is an introduction thread I'm going to be honest as can be. I've always been a Reds fan as a Cincinnati native (WESTSIDEEEEE!). They have always brought some sort of hope after every Bengals season always seems to crush any flicker that is still alive (This is not a plug but I also post on Bengals Zone. Solid forum) But anyways, I like the way this forum is structured. Only the true, most informed, fans make it to the most significant discussions. Hopefully I'll be there some day to spit some stats and facts. But in the mean time ROLL RED LEGS ROLL!

:welcome: TO REDS COUNTRY!!!!!

camisadelgolf
05-06-2009, 06:32 AM
I look forward to your posts, dth. Welcome to the site.

nate
05-06-2009, 08:24 AM
Welcome and say "hi" to dth42887!

:cool:

Reds09
05-07-2009, 01:05 AM
Hi everyone,

I was looking for a good site to discuss reds baseball and came across Redszone during my search. I liked what I saw and decided to become a member. I have been a Reds fan ever since I can remember. I am excited with the start the Reds are having this year (14-13). Also, I am excited about the young talent this club has put together. It looks like we are headed in the right direction. I look forward to reading everyone's opinions on the club this year and for many years to come. Go Reds!

camisadelgolf
05-07-2009, 10:05 AM
Welcome! There's a great community here, so please jump right in and have some good Reds discussion.

WILD THING
05-08-2009, 12:57 PM
Sorry, I created a thread for this before I realized there was an actual Introductions thread.

Hello fellow Reds' fans. I'm excited to be here. I've heard about this site before and would come check it out from time to time, but I've finally decided to join and become a part of the discussion. I hope to bring a lot to the baseball conversations since I'm a former baseball player myself as well as a life long fan of the game.

I can't wait to get the discussion started, LETS WIN THE DIVISION! :beerme:

Tommyjohn25
05-09-2009, 01:24 PM
Welcome Wild thing! What position did you used to play?

HoosierRedsFan
05-15-2009, 10:16 AM
Hello fellow Reds fan

Long time lurker, first time poster. Name is Jeff, 32 years old, been a Reds fan my whole life. Favorite Reds player of all time is Barry Larkin.

fitngoblr
05-21-2009, 02:59 AM
Lifelong Reds fan here. I used to go visit my Grandfather in Southern WV in the summer and we would listen to Reds games. He took me to my first Reds game @ Riverfront in the summer of '74. I have been hooked since. I look forward to reading and contributing.
Go Reds. I believe.

spyederman
05-30-2009, 05:43 PM
Hello from Alaska from a lifelong Reds fan. My favorite Reds have been Dave Concepcion and Barry Larkin. In ref to fitngoblr, I used to live in southern WV (Athens) and listened to the games also. My favorite part of alot of games was being able to hear Marty Brennaman sign off with "And this one belongs to the Reds". Unfortunantly I've never been to a Red's game but I've met Pete Rose twice and George Foster once. I am taking a trip to WV to see family sometime this summer and am going to try and schedule it with a stop in Cincinnati to finally see them play. I like our team this year and we should only continue to get better as our already good young players get more experience and become great young players.

Mario-Rijo
06-02-2009, 12:34 AM
Welcome Hoosier, fitngoblr and spyederman. Be prepared we run a heck of a competitive site here. Be cool, be wise and have fun.

LondonRed
06-11-2009, 08:05 PM
Don't know how many overseas posters you have, but add one from London, England.

I'm Rich, 33 years old, and have been reading and enjoying the ORG for a couple of months, so thought it time I signed up. And having just spent three hours of my life that I'll never get back watching the 3-2 loss to the Nats, I need something to try and cheer me up!

With no mainstream coverage of baseball in the UK, I'm entirely reliant on the Internet to get my baseball fix, so thanks in advance for your welcome and help!

High Mileage
06-12-2009, 12:34 AM
New to the site. Signed-up in time for the weekend series. My name is Derek, I'm 22, live in Kansas, and am a lifelong Royals fan. I have always followed the Reds, I was born September 11, 1985 so I've always had a natural tie with Pete Rose, who is my 2nd favorite player of all-time, behind George Brett.

The first game I ever attended was in Cincinnati, June 20 1991. Although I wasn't yet 6 years old, I do still remember some of being there. The Reds lost in extra innings to the Expos, 1-0.

Anyways, thought I'd introduce myself. Looking forward to this weekend!

*BaseClogger*
06-12-2009, 12:41 AM
Welcome to both of you. It's great to have some unique views around here!

ScottyJ
07-15-2009, 09:39 AM
Hey RedsZone, new guy here.

Scotty Johnson, 41, lifelong West Virginian and Reds fan. I was very fortunate, like many of you, to grow up listening to and watching the Big Red Machine. Loved listening to Marty & Joe on my little radio I kept in my headboard. During the season, it was always tuned to WCHS 580 AM!

This forum looks like a pretty nice place to actually discuss Reds baseball without dealing with too much "he sucks" stuff.

I look forward to reading the forum and contributing in the near future.

GO REDS!!!!!

Boss-Hog
07-15-2009, 10:03 AM
Welcome, Scotty.

Ron Madden
07-18-2009, 04:28 AM
Welcome to Reds Country!

kjohnson88
07-25-2009, 10:53 PM
Hello RedsZone, my name is Kevin.

I am 20 years old, and the Reds are my favorite team. I like baseball statistics, and I'm amazed at what is out there today. I have a lot to learn in terms of numbers, and this is a great place to learn from.

Thanks for this site, and go Reds!

patmicmac
08-15-2009, 10:06 PM
Hey everyone at RZ, I'm Pat.

Been a fan of the Reds since my family moved here in '94, but became a huge fan when my favorite player, Griffey, was traded here. Although he didn't quite pan out, I've stayed a fan.

I'm a 23 year old grad student at UC, went to undergrad at Ohio State. I live on the other side of the Roebling bridge, within walking distance of GABP, so I was going to games often but toned down once the production declined. I've been lurking on ORG for a month or so, and generally agree with most things being said. Looking forward to hopefully a better 2010.

redsmetz
08-16-2009, 06:27 AM
Hey everyone at RZ, I'm Pat.

Been a fan of the Reds since my family moved here in '94, but became a huge fan when my favorite player, Griffey, was traded here. Although he didn't quite pan out, I've stayed a fan.

I'm a 23 year old grad student at UC, went to undergrad at Ohio State. I live on the other side of the Roebling bridge, within walking distance of GABP, so I was going to games often but toned down once the production declined. I've been lurking on ORG for a month or so, and generally agree with most things being said. Looking forward to hopefully a better 2010.

Welcome, Pat. I think you'll enjoy it here.

Redsfan320
11-05-2009, 12:15 PM
Hey guys, what's up. I've been reading for several months, and I finally decided to sign up. Hope I have fun here. :) :wave:

Ron Madden
12-30-2009, 05:39 PM

Big Tuna
01-08-2010, 10:55 AM
Hello all- I've often visited this site to keep up to date on Cincinnati Reds news and opinions and finally decided to join. I was born and raised in Cincinnati but will be moving to Columbus this weekend due to an opportunity to advance within my company. I will miss the city of Cincinnati tremendously, but one of the things I'll miss the most is heading down to the ballpark after work to catch a game (I guess there's always weekend series' right?). The reason for me joining this site after being a spectator of the message boards for a few years is to keep up to date and keep my fire for Cincinnati baseball alive while I'm gone, which hopefully won't be too terribly long.

I am an avid fan of The Office (as some of you can probably tell from my user name). I am 23 years old and a 2008 graduate of Ohio University. My all-time favorite Red (or MLB player for that matter) is none other than Barry Larkin.

I hope that tells you enough about me. I can't wait to get into some great Reds discussions with all of you. :beerme:

Errol
03-02-2010, 03:37 PM
Hey all, my name is Errol. I have been reading over the threads here for a few weeks now, seems like a great place to discuss our beloved Redlegs! Just wish I could immediately post on the Old Red Guard, but I guess that distinction must be earned. Anyway, I am 26 years old and live in Xenia, OH just east of Dayton, I wish I could make it to a few more Reds games a year but it often comes down to taking care of the family first, so I usually only see a couple games a year when my funds/wife will allow!

I think the team has a lot of potential this year, and have to think even a division championship would not be out of the question, although all the cards would have to fall just right including the ones in St Louis.

Ron Madden
03-04-2010, 02:54 AM
:welcome: to Reds Country! :redszone:

muddie
03-28-2010, 06:38 PM
I've posted here for a few months now but I guess I never formally introduced my self.

To start, until about a year ago I had never really been a Reds fan. The AA affiliation of the Reds locating here in our back yard changed all that. I've done my best to get caught up on the organization and the prospects. Having the Mudcats just down the road has helped tremendously. Traveled to watch Louisville play in Durham in the playoffs last year. The Reds affiliation with Lynchburg in the Carolina League pretty much gives me a full time job this summer and I can't wait for the season to start.

This is a great board by the way. I've enjoyed reading the posts.

DJ B.K.
04-05-2010, 01:59 PM
So I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Brian and I live in Cincinnati. Big Reds fan as far back as I can remember. My favorite videos to watch when I was young were my dad's 1990 reds world series tapes as I was only 5 in 1990 I didn't watch it live. Searched for this forum as I am looking for a good place to discuss the Reds through the season. Plan to go to many games this year I live close to downtown.

:redszone:

Redlegs_87
04-12-2010, 07:36 PM
My name is Sean I live in Fairborn, OH about an hour away from Cincy. I use to watch the reds regularly when I was a kid went to a few games. Stopped following them in my teen years when I started to chase the girls and what not. Just last Sept for my 22nd birthday my uncle took me to my first Reds game in like 9+ years. Just to tell how long ago they still had Deion Sanders in the line up. Walking into GABP and seeing the field and the red seats flashed me back to when I as a kid watching and playing baseball.

We lost to the Marlins that night but it had rekindled my love for the Reds and have been following them again since.

Reds42MLB
04-13-2010, 04:22 PM
Hey all I'm Zeph from VA. A young 22 here and wasn't always a Reds fan growing up. To be honest I was more of a fan of players as a kid: Ripken & Griffey being my top 2. My dad though was always a Reds fan and as I got older I sort of adopted his "fandom" if you will.

Doesn't hurt that VA doesn't have a pro team, but it seems like Braves fans are galore in this state. Along with your Yanks and Red Sox. BLAH! Look forward to sharing a successful season with everyone on the boards. Later!

daboof
04-14-2010, 06:11 PM
Howdys. :) I can't believe it has taken me this long to find this forum..looks great!!

- Dave

Seņor Rojo
05-10-2010, 07:51 PM
Hey Everybody

I'm Jordan and I live on the west side of Cincinnati. I've been a Reds fan since birth. My first Reds memory is going to Opening Day and sitting in the yellow seats at Riverfront Stadium. I have an autographed hat from Marge Schott and Schottzie from when I sang the 7th inning stretch with her (I was a shy boy and terrified at the time). I go to Notre Dame and rep the Reds among the rampant amount of Cubs fans there. I also had the misfortune of living in St. Louis for a year.

Finally, I would like to state that it's a travesty that Mr. Red is no longer with us. My user name is a memorial to his greatness. Hopefully Reds fans will realize that a fake-mustached Mr. Red and a ripoff of the Philly Phanatic are not suitable mascots for the organization.

Mario-Rijo
05-14-2010, 10:06 AM
Welcome to all the new folks this is the place to be on the internet for Reds fans. :thumbup:

westofyou
05-14-2010, 05:24 PM
Hey Everybody

I'm Jordan and I live on the west side of Cincinnati. I've been a Reds fan since birth. My first Reds memory is going to Opening Day and sitting in the yellow seats at Riverfront Stadium. I have an autographed hat from Marge Schott and Schottzie from when I sang the 7th inning stretch with her (I was a shy boy and terrified at the time). I go to Notre Dame and rep the Reds among the rampant amount of Cubs fans there. I also had the misfortune of living in St. Louis for a year.

Finally, I would like to state that it's a travesty that Mr. Red is no longer with us. My user name is a memorial to his greatness. Hopefully Reds fans will realize that a fake-mustached Mr. Red and a ripoff of the Philly Phanatic are not suitable mascots for the organization.

Mustached Mr Red predates clean cut Mr Red. he's the original.

Quatitos
05-20-2010, 11:55 AM
Hey everyone, longtime reader first time poster.

I currently live in Columbus, going to OSU and almost done with my degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering. I grew up in Toledo, but my Mom was raised in Cincinnati and I used to spend a couple weeks every summer with my grandparents down there, and would always get to go to a couple games while I was there. So from a young age I was indoctrinated into being a reds fan, and I really enjoy reading this board to hear from other reds fans.

slotrodandy
05-27-2010, 12:27 PM
Hey guys. I am Andy. Longtime follower of the Reds. First game was as a kid in 93 and have went to many games since. My 3 year old is becoming a huge Reds fan. I have already taken him to half a dozen or so games. Nothing brings me joy like sitting with him and my dad at the game. That is the kind of family tradition I like.

redhat
06-01-2010, 10:53 AM
Hello all,

I'm a Cards fan. Have been reading your message boards since 2000 when the Ken Griffey Jr. signing was announced. You have a great bunch of guys here. Knowledgable and erudite fans. I've finally registered because it looks like the Cards and Reds are going down to the wire this season and I just can't get enough baseball talk when the division race is this heated.

Looks like you have a very good young team here. Looking forward to the next two games and the rest of the season series.