PDA

View Full Version : Introductions Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

WVPacman
06-02-2010, 12:10 AM
Hello all,

I'm a Cards fan. Have been reading your message boards since 2000 when the Ken Griffey Jr. signing was announced. You have a great bunch of guys here. Knowledgable and erudite fans. I've finally registered because it looks like the Cards and Reds are going down to the wire this season and I just can't get enough baseball talk when the division race is this heated.

Looks like you have a very good young team here. Looking forward to the next two games and the rest of the season series.

Welcome aboard redhat,you are more than welcome to come and talk with us on our site.I just got threw watching tonight's game and it was a must win imo b/c of Carpender tomarrow.I really hope the Reds can keep this going and give the Cards a run for the division.LOL us on top of the division or close to it is something I woas'nt expecting at all but im having a blast so far.It has been way to long for us to see our beloved reds acually having a good team that is fun to watch.I look forward to watching the Reds and Cards do battle for the division this year.

I don't know how you guys do it but every year the Cards have an outstanding team that is very very tough to beat.I guess thats what happens when you have great players,coachs and a manager that knows how to win.

COM2010
06-07-2010, 02:27 PM
Hi, I'm a lifelong Reds fan. Have been following them since I was a teen, my birth year is not correct in my profile (shielding my identity because of ongoing divorce litigation). I first saw the Reds play sometime in the late 1980's when Eric Davis was there.

My uncle was the one that got me into the Reds, and now HE doesn't follow the game anymore. He says it's because of the lockouts and all the money in the game, which I can understand. It's a shame, really, because I know the Reds club so much better than he does, it's just sad to see a fan drop completely out of it like he did. :(

At any rate I am enjoying this year's bunch of guys, and I think they are better than the '99 bunch that got beat in that 1-game playoff against the Mets. I have gotten back into the OOTP computer baseball game, due to some inspiration from the guys here at Redszone (using all that metric jargon which I don't really fully understand). I'm hoping to put together a good team some time in OOTP by using stats other than .AVG and RBI. :thumbup:

powersackers
06-08-2010, 02:22 AM
Hi, Reds fan from Dayton here.

Attended first game in person in 1985 with my Grandpa. He's sick and in hospice at the Dayton VA now, but we talk about the Reds every day.

I was at the 76 WS in my Mom's belly. I was at game 2 of the 1990 WS as a 13 year old, green seats right behind home plate when Oliver knocked in the winning run.

I was at the 99 one game playoff in the yellow seats in RF. I hate Al Leiter. Bought a ticket and went by myself, I had just started my first job that year after college at Ohio University.

I go to 5-10 Reds games and 5-10 Dragons games with my wife/kids/guys from work.

Any time I travel for work I try and schedule it to catch an out of town game. I've seen games at:

Tiger Stadium
Wrigley Field
Shea Stadium
Comerica Park
Old Comiskey
Turner Field
Jacob's Field
The BallPark at Arlington

I read the Major/Minor League boxscores every night. I like Twitter for baseball content only. I play Diamond Mind PC baseball and Action PC baseball.

I work in Mason as a Director selling technology solutions. Cisco/HP networking.
Nice to be here. Found site through a Google search I believe.

Magdal
06-11-2010, 08:41 AM
Is it too late to introduce myself? I joined this forum a week ago. I won't bore you guys with a biography of me, exept to say that my folks lived and died with baseball.

Mom an insane Cub fan that after brushing my hair would read me bedtime stories of Ty Cobb, Mathewson and Hack Wilson instead of the Brothers Grimm.

Daddy, from St. Louis would not speak to anyone after a Cardinal loss. (we spoke very little in the '70s) The only thing they had in common was an intense hatred of the A.L. and ALL things Yankee.

To this day I have never watched an A.L. game, and I cannot stomach another ASG!

I hope to add something to the Redzone. I'm a little exited to finally see a pennant race not involving the damn Astro's or sCRUBs, and the recent meltdown of the great Philly team has me giddy!

I guess that's all. Thanx for reading.;)

Driver62
06-11-2010, 10:47 AM
I'm not sure if I've posted here or not and am not about to go through 51 pages to find out.

Anyway, my name is John, I'm 68 and have been a Reds fan since the late 1940's. I've even seen several games at Crosley Field. I'm retired and watch every game on TV except for some of the ones on the West Coast. Us old guys need our sleep.(lol)

In my old age, I'm kind of laid back and don't get upset when they lose and don't jump up and down when they win. To me, it's just a game and someone wins and someone loses.

I visit this site daily and you can tell that I don't post very much but I'm a Reds fan for life.

HilliardRed
06-11-2010, 12:38 PM
Hi Everyone,
I am new to the site and i wanted to say that i am a lifelong REDS fan and i have been reading the posts here for a long time. Reds fans are the most loyal fans that i know. It will be fun chatting with all of you!!

GO REDS!!

Mario-Rijo
06-14-2010, 04:26 AM
Welcome all, you'll find this site to be quite informative, fun and interesting. I am not a big message board guy but this is one I have visited nearly every day since I joined, it just never loses it's luster for me and that is due to the quantity and quality of the posters here. But be prepared to have your baseball knowledge challenged at times, hopefully you all are up for that because you will here. Again welcome :thumbup:

cincyforever
06-22-2010, 03:01 PM
Hey guys...

Well I don't really know what to say but I'll give it a shot! Well I'm Ryan and I am 19 years old and I've lived in Lima/Elida (Ohio for those non-Ohioan fans) my whole life. I've followed baseball since I can remember but I didn't get into it until about 4 years ago back when it was Todd Coffey as the main relief man and the same main relief man who blew just about every game he pitched in, but that's besides the point.

Anyway, I'm an all around sports guy but I don't care much for NBA. Hockey is my main sport and I've been playing it for 15 years now. Hmm well I am a Christian. I don't really like to carry a denomination, I just strive to be more like Jesus Christ. I'm going to school in the backwoods of northeast Wisconsin to Northland International University majoring in Biblical Counseling.

Lastly for now, I'm excited to finally join what it seems to be a very solid, energetic Reds board. Hopefully GM Walt can put together a nice looking bullpen because even though it has struggled of late, the offense will come around and I truly think, no bias involved, that this Reds club could do some damage if they were to squeak in the playoffs. This isn't the NBA; MLB postseason is too unpredictable for the most part.

Ron Madden
06-23-2010, 04:59 AM
:welcome: to Reds Country.

mmt1552
06-23-2010, 03:25 PM
Hey guys. I've been lurking on this board forever, finally decided to start posting. I've been a Red's fan my whole life (25 year's old) and hopefully I'll have some good times on the board. GO REDS!

Boro_BG_Red
07-02-2010, 02:06 AM
Hey Guys, I'm Nick. I'm twenty years old and I live between Dayton and Cincinnati, in a small town called Springboro. I have been browsing on this great site for about a month now and finally decide to join. I am entering my sophomore year at Bowling Green State University and currently majoring in Journalism. I am a huge Reds, Bengals, and UD Flyers fan. Like you all, I love sports and can't get enough of Summer baseball and football in the fall. On top of sports, I'm a Christian and I like to work out and read in my spare time. We got something going here and I'm glad to be a part of it and share it with my fellow Reds fans!

Redsfan320
07-02-2010, 08:37 AM
Welcome to the board, Nick!

ChiSox
07-05-2010, 01:38 AM
Well, I thought I'd stop by to say hi! I am a long-time Chicago sports fan in the order mentioned in my signature. I came to create this alliance with you so that both of our fanbases can help each other out getting our guys into the all star game!

I think this site looks nice! How wicked would it be if we somehow made it against each other in the World Series (right now, we're only 1 game back in our division). I know FOX would hate it, but who really cares about them anyways? I'm so glad that your guys are holding down the Cubs real good...I am a lifelong Chicago southsider who might hate them even more than you guys (because I have to actually deal with them every day...it can cause one to scream).

Good luck the rest of the season, and hope that you make the postseason!

~Heather

Redsfan320
07-05-2010, 08:43 AM
ChiSox, I don't think FOX would mind you guys in the Series. Chi-town's a big market. Now the Reds are another story...

AmberRain08
07-09-2010, 10:52 AM
Hi everyone! My name is Jamie and I'm a Reds fanatic (obviously). No one else in my inner circle is as obsessed as I am, so I figured it was best to join a forum and shut my trap in public. LOL.

Either way, it's great to be here. Hope to meet you all soon!

JoeyVotto
07-14-2010, 06:30 PM
Hello everyone! I have been a big fan of this message board for some time and have even registered under a couple different names in attempts to post...I finally read the "about us" section and am finally aware of why I couldn't post. Good job in keeping the site productive and useful!

I am from Ohio and am a very big fan. I'm about 2-3 hours away from the stadium and try to make it to about 6-8 games a year. Joey Votto is my favorite player. Last year, I went to a game and I had my 5 year old son with me. We had tremendous seats and we were just watching batting practice in awe when Joey came walking toward us. We wasn't yelling for him or standing in the autograph area, but he stopped, signed a ball, and handed it to my son. He immediatly became my favorite player.

Go Reds!

Eric the Red
07-18-2010, 12:25 AM
As a rookie I'm ready to carry some bat bags, serve beer on the team plane or whatever it is the vets ask to be accepted. A lifelong Reds fan, I attended Game 1 of the 1990 World Series, Tom Browning's Perfect Game and many other memorable games. After viewing the site and reading numerous posts I decided to join and offer my two cents. I look forward to the thoughtful discussion and appreciate what the originators of the site have done.
Go Reds!

Tampa Red
07-26-2010, 05:43 AM
Hello everyone. I lived in Cincinnati for 34 years until moving to Tampa last year. I still religiously follow my Reds thanks to MLB E.I. and social media.

The main thing I miss is LaRosa's and Grippo's BBQ chips. Oddly enough, there is a Skyline Chili about 5 miles from me. It's fully decked out in Cincinnati area pro/college/high school apparel. Pretty cool. :)

Redsfan320
07-26-2010, 09:09 AM
Welcome. Are you also a Rays fan?

Jerry
07-27-2010, 08:21 PM
Hi. I'm new.

I think I'll mostly lurk a bit until I get the lay of the land here.

addictionsport
08-03-2010, 04:50 PM
test

addictionsport
08-03-2010, 05:04 PM
Hello everyone I am a life long Reds fan. Great to be hanging with fellow Reds fans. Just looking to join in on the chatter. Thanks for letting me join.

P.S. Sorry about the previous post I was trying to delete it.:)

bagz
08-07-2010, 05:25 PM
Hello everybody I've been a fan since 72. I went to the Reds vs Mets game at Citifield just before the Allstar break and took some pics of some of the Reds taking batting and fielding practice. I'll post them on here shortly.

patrickw
08-09-2010, 02:00 AM
Hi, I am also a UK fan and a member over on a UK fan site (True Blue Kentucky) recommended this site for Reds talk. I've been a Reds fan ever since I moved here in 2006! I know it isn't that long of a time but I love watching the Reds and now is a great time to jump on the bandwagon (and never get off).

redraider10
08-10-2010, 10:10 AM
I am a new guy on Redzone as well. I just graduated from Wright State. I like to talk baseball so I figured this is the best site for that. I watch the Reds about every night and I am going to the Reds game tonight. I am looking for Cueto to have a big night.

CrosleyField
08-12-2010, 08:23 AM
I am glad to have finally signed on. I registered a couple of years ago but the website had issues that day so I never tried again until now.

I have been a Reds fan since 1975. Don't give up on winning the division this year. Maybe the butt kicking at the first of the week was what we needed. Also the Reds just happened to go against the Cardinals best pitchers, their 4 and 5 aren't nearly as good. There is a reason they can't pull away and we can't either.

Captain13
08-18-2010, 01:03 PM
Hello world. I am Reds fan. I'm too young to remember the Big Red Machine, but I got to see such "greats" as Mike Ivy, Dan Billardello, Paul Householder and Tom Lawless play as I was growing up in Reds' Country. I'm praying for October baseball...this is the best August of the century, and as McDonalds likes to say "I'm lovin' it".

texasdave
08-19-2010, 12:38 PM
Welcome to all the newbies!

GreenDiamondOH
08-25-2010, 10:19 AM
Hello All,

My name is Tim and I have also visited this board for a long time and finally decided to sign-up. There are always great opinions and comments on here, hopefully I can add something to the discussion. I've spent four seasons working in baseball (between Nationals and Reds) so I may have a different perspective which may be interesting to some.

I am also one of the people behind Green Diamond Gallery, the baseball museum in Montgomery. If you haven't heard of us take a look at our website, we have some amazing baseball history here and it is worth checking out!

Thanks for welcoming me to the board! Go Reds!

-Tim
www.greendiamondgallery.com

Redsfan320
08-25-2010, 09:26 PM
I've spent four seasons working in baseball

In what area?

GreenDiamondOH
08-26-2010, 12:06 PM
Mostly Marketing and PR/Community Relations (which is under one department in Washington)...

Now I'm working more with the history of the game, as I spent my last year with Reds in the Reds Hall of Fame (an awesome museum...if you haven't been there, GO next time you're at the ballpark) and now with Green Diamond Gallery.

A lot of fun being around the game! All great experiences!

WMR
08-27-2010, 04:42 PM
In what area?

Mainly popcorn and cracker jacks but I've got some beer experience as well.

athinnes
08-30-2010, 09:01 AM
Hello Everyone!

My name is Alex and I live in Chicago. I lived most my life in Cincinnati after moving here about 3 years ago. I am a die hard Reds fan. My dad had season tickets from when I was about 4 years old to just 3 years ago (after us kids grew up and no longer could attend games). He still goes to about 10 games a year and I plan to go to atleast a couple when I am down in Cincy.

As far as Cincinnati sports goes, it doesn't get better than the Reds. The summer, the ballpark, and the fact there are just so many games to go to. I have always looked for some hardcore Reds discussion with intelligent fans, which led me here. With the Reds being serious contenders this year, it seems like over half of my brain activity has been going to them (to the chagrin of my girlfriend). Hopefully I will meet some other great Reds fans here and we can share our ideas!

Go Reds!!

tennredleg
08-30-2010, 08:45 PM
hello everyone,

I've been a Reds fan my entire life, almost 30 years now. I grew up in Indiana on the Ohio River a little over an hour from Cincy. as my screen name would suggest I now live in Tennessee. luckily for me Fox Sports airs mostly Reds games. :thumbup:

I've checked out the forum in the past but for about a month now have followed more closely. it's good to see the Reds doing well again. here's to continued success and a great September! :beerme:

'69 & Vine
10-01-2010, 12:58 PM
Hey All.

Tom in Westwood, Cincinnati.

Been a Reds fan 35 of my 40 years...My Dad weaned me on Marty & Joe when I was five, in '75.

I'm in sales, sell Pest Management services.

Glad to be out of the Dark Ages with this team and look forward to participating in this forum, looks like a good source for fans that actually know and discuss the greatest game: baseball.

Beast of Busco
10-06-2010, 08:05 PM
Hello!
Very long time troller and first time poster!
Been a Reds fan all my life...my first recollection of watching them play was the 1979 playoffs against the Pirates when I was 6 years old.

I live north of Fort Wayne Indiana and go to a couple games a year and have ever since 1980. Fortunately my mother is a Reds fan and didn't become a Cubs fan like the rest of her family so I naturally became a Reds fanatic!

Also am a season ticket holder for the Colts (but still like the Bengals too).

hairmetalfreek
10-16-2010, 06:39 PM
Hey all,

Just joined the board after being invited by Redsfan320 on baseball-fever.com. Looking forward to some good discussion and rooting on the Redlegs in 2011!

Captain13
10-19-2010, 09:50 AM
Hey all,

Just joined the board after being invited by Redsfan320 on baseball-fever.com. Looking forward to some good discussion and rooting on the Redlegs in 2011!

Welcome aboard. I love your subtitle. :thumbup:

Also, after seeing your username, I hope to see involved in some good '80s and '90 music discussions. :beerme:

Rash_UK
12-26-2010, 01:14 AM
Hey,

I have been a Reds fan my whole life. I go to UK and I'm just looking for some Redlegs discussion

New York Red
12-29-2010, 02:46 PM
Hey,

I have been a Reds fan my whole life. I go to UK and I'm just looking for some Redlegs discussion
Welcome, Rash. I'm a Lexington/UK guy also, now living in upstate NY. Glad to have ya.

:beerme:

LexRedsFan
01-09-2011, 12:25 AM
Been lurking for a while, had an account for a while, just now got around to finding this board.

Live in Lexington, Ky...finally glad to be out of the dark days!

GIK
01-19-2011, 10:26 PM
Welcome, everyone!

HilliardRed
02-18-2011, 08:39 AM
Hello Everyone!
I've been following the site for about 3 years now and i wanted to jump on board and start posting!! I have been a Reds fan my whole life born and raised in Columbus Ohio and now live in Hilliard. Thanks for letting me join and GO REDS!!!!

Hey Meat
02-18-2011, 11:10 AM
Hello Everyone!
I've been following the site for about 3 years now and i wanted to jump on board and start posting!! I have been a Reds fan my whole life born and raised in Columbus Ohio and now live in Hilliard. Thanks for letting me join and GO REDS!!!!

Welcome. I used to live in Hilliard years ago. Live in Texas now. Went back to Hilliard this summer. Don't recognize it at all, things have changed.

KYExtemper
02-28-2011, 08:39 PM
Realized that I never posted in here. My name is Logan and I'm Reds fan from Kentucky. Looking forward to another great season of Reds baseball and (hopefully) another division title.

CrimsonCrusader
04-20-2011, 06:22 PM
Hello Everyone!

Welcome, HilliardRed!

CrimsonCrusader
04-20-2011, 06:23 PM
Been lurking for a while, had an account for a while, just now got around to finding this board.

Live in Lexington, Ky...finally glad to be out of the dark days!

Good to see you here, Lex!

HatchMo
04-23-2011, 02:25 AM
Just stopping in to say, Hi!

I'm Ben, huge reds fan (like everyone else right?) Checked the site for the past few months, finally decided to join so i can get in on some of the action. Currently residing in West Carrollton, just south of Dayton. Nice to meet you fellas.

Handofdeath
04-23-2011, 03:15 AM
Just stopping in to say, Hi!

I'm Ben, huge reds fan (like everyone else right?) Checked the site for the past few months, finally decided to join so i can get in on some of the action. Currently residing in West Carrollton, just south of Dayton. Nice to meet you fellas.

Welcome aboard!

Mario-Rijo
04-24-2011, 08:42 AM
Welcome to all the new folks we've gotten recently, glad to have you continue to help make RZ the best baseball/life board on the net. Unlike alot of other places we make use of all our different boards so join in discussion at the Tavern (other sports), Non-Sports chatter (life in general/hot topics), the Minor League forum and our general Baseball Boards the Sun Deck and the Old Red Guard (ORG).

RZ, the best place on the internet! :thumbup:

drowg14
05-25-2011, 07:19 PM
I've been following this board for a couple weeks now, thought I would officially join up with you all. Cincy native and still live here. Look forward to talking with everyone.

kfjohnson15
06-01-2011, 08:17 PM
Welcome, drowg14. This is a great site for Reds fans.

Ron Madden
06-19-2011, 01:18 AM
Welcome to all of our new members.:welcome:

Falcon7
06-21-2011, 01:34 PM
Hello, why can't I post in game threads?

Redsfan320
06-21-2011, 02:39 PM
Hello, why can't I post in game threads?

Hello, Falcon. You can't post in The Old Red Guard game threads because you don't have ORG posting access. You can, however, post in the Sun Deck game threads. Read more here (http://www.redszone.com/aboutus.html) about our two main baseball forum situation.

HalKing
06-25-2011, 10:26 AM
New guy to the forums. I have been wasting away on another Reds message board site. Finally gave up on that one as it was 90% negative and seemed to be completely dominated by two or three posters and one in particular. Anyway, hoping for better results here. Lifelong Reds fan in the Louisville area. Have season tickets to the Bats and like to share game info from the games I attend. Have almost gotten to the point where I am more a Bats fan than a Reds fan, but still appreciate them both.

Redsfan320
06-25-2011, 11:37 AM
Have season tickets to the Bats and like to share game info from the games I attend. Have almost gotten to the point where I am more a Bats fan than a Reds fan, but still appreciate them both.

Welcome, and definitely check out our minor-league forum here. All members can post there; it's extremely active, and filled with guys like nemesis, benihana, camisadelgolf, redsof72, dougdirt, cinreds21, and GOYA just to name a few who are very knowledgeable about the Reds' minor-league system. You'll enjoy it there!

cumberlandreds
06-29-2011, 09:40 AM
New guy to the forums. I have been wasting away on another Reds message board site. Finally gave up on that one as it was 90% negative and seemed to be completely dominated by two or three posters and one in particular. Anyway, hoping for better results here. Lifelong Reds fan in the Louisville area. Have season tickets to the Bats and like to share game info from the games I attend. Have almost gotten to the point where I am more a Bats fan than a Reds fan, but still appreciate them both.

Welcome Hal! I'll always remember that HR you hit 7-1-1973!

HalKing
06-29-2011, 06:47 PM
Welcome Hal! I'll always remember that HR you hit 7-1-1973!

A pleasure to see that someone remembers Hal... wasn't sure if he was a bit too obscure, but its a great memory for me.

cumberlandreds
06-30-2011, 07:41 AM
A pleasure to see that someone remembers Hal... wasn't sure if he was a bit too obscure, but its a great memory for me.

It was a great one for me. I was there when it happened. Although I was underneath the stadium getting ready to go onto the field for Banner Day. I've posted about it on here before. Probably mentioned it too much.
Me and my family set out in LF in the green seats,1st row. It was one of the best days of my childhood. Davey Lopes hit a HR early in that first game. I have that ball. It came straight us in LF. It hit off my oldest brothers hands and landed in my brother-in-laws lap. Being the little punk kid brother they gave me ball and I still have it.

lex logan
07-05-2011, 04:46 PM
Hi all, another Lexington Reds fan, followed the Big Red Machine from 1975 to early 80's, boycotted baseball after the WS was cancelled, began following the Reds again around 2006 thanks to the Fox Sports Ohio broadcasts. I've always been interested in the statistical analysis of baseball and participated on the old Strategy & Sabermetrics website with Tom Tango, MGL, Voros and others 10 or 12 years ago, no major contributions other than to convince several of them that replacement level, not league average, was the correct baseline for measuring player value. This was not my invention, I just argued effectively; only time in my life I can remember actually convincing someone to change their mind!

Tuff Nut
07-08-2011, 01:27 PM
Reds fan from far NWTN/SWKY area. Been a fan since about '69-'70. Heard of this site from a member that posts on a UK site, that has a Reds thread. Looks like a great place for Reds and baseball talk. Look forward to discussing them with everyone.

cumberlandreds
07-08-2011, 02:55 PM
Reds fan from far NWTN/SWKY area. Been a fan since about '69-'70. Heard of this site from a member that posts on a UK site, that has a Reds thread. Looks like a great place for Reds and baseball talk. Look forward to discussing them with everyone.

Welcome! Best place to discuss Reds baseball. The most knowlegable fans I have ever been around. What UK site did you see this? I may know you from that.

Tuff Nut
07-08-2011, 03:03 PM
Welcome! Best place to discuss Reds baseball. The most knowlegable fans I have ever been around. What UK site did you see this? I may know you from that.
You should know me from that. We have gone back and forth on some things. (CaliBunga)

Red Raindog
07-08-2011, 07:59 PM
New user here -- grew up listening to the Reds on my transistor here in Northern Indiana -- always wanted to play like Vada Pinson -- we all need goals ;-)

Never stopped watching & listening -- getting to go to the WS in 1990 was certainly a highlight --

Will be lurking & dropping the odd post --

cumberlandreds
07-11-2011, 10:02 AM
You should know me from that. We have gone back and forth on some things. (CaliBunga)

Good to see you here. I thought that was you. You will enjoy it here.

redsfan39
07-19-2011, 10:46 PM
New poster here, excited to join the site. I've been a Reds fan for a long time. Kind of nervous being the new guy here as I see some have been here for a while. This is just the kind of site I've been looking for to talk Reds baseball.

wolfboy
07-21-2011, 12:31 PM
New poster here, excited to join the site. I've been a Reds fan for a long time. Kind of nervous being the new guy here as I see some have been here for a while. This is just the kind of site I've been looking for to talk Reds baseball.

Welcome!

SwingKing01
07-24-2011, 11:38 PM
Great find on this site... Love the Redlegs, and great to see all these fans talking Reds Baseball. From Bowling Green, KY and love to watch and follow the Reds. Looking forward to posting and reading.

wabashfalcon
08-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Hey all.

I joined the site last August, but I've lurked since then. Finally decided to start posting in the middle of this trainwreck of a season.

I'm from Indianapolis and all of my Fraternity brothers when I was in college gave me hell (Cubs and Cards fans). Love lurking both the ORG and the Sun Deck... so, I'm gonna start putting in my 2 cents.

faffy42
08-07-2011, 11:36 AM
Hi there. Long time reds fan since the BRM days. I'm glad to have found this site and thank you for starting it up.

rossid
08-28-2011, 07:12 PM
"Hi. I'm new to Redszone and want to introduce myself. Had to do that - sorry.

Fan since 1975, like many others, and found this while trying to find out why Pat Corrales was ejected today.

My first name is Doriano, first generation Italian immigrant, and look forward to enjoying my "membership".

Shalom! :D

t5BigRedMachine
09-06-2011, 07:54 PM
just signed up a few days ago . i've been a reds fan for close to 40 years now .
johnny bench till this day , is the best player i've ever seen . i wish i was old enough to have seen vada pinson , whom i've heard from other fans , was one of the fastest base runners ever to play the game .
i'm still trying to respond to other posts but it deny's my try's .
don't know why . look foward to reading all of your posts !!

:thumbup:

Boss-Hog
09-06-2011, 10:19 PM
i'm still trying to respond to other posts but it deny's my try's .
don't know why .
Please reread the About Us section you agreed to upon registration; if you have any additional questions, please feel free to send me a private message.

chellelouj12
10-11-2011, 02:00 AM
Hello!
I'm new here. I think this might be the right thread where I will introduce myself to the reds fan like me... Good to be here like you guys...

Ron Madden
10-22-2011, 04:01 AM
:welcome:

RonDunn95
12-12-2011, 05:05 PM
Just signed up today, I was googling and I think I found a great site. I've been a Reds fan since 1980.

GIK
12-17-2011, 04:13 PM
Welcome!

Pitchout
12-23-2011, 01:26 PM
Not really "new" here, but I have read the forum since its inception in 1999 and remember well all the vitriol on the cincinnati.com forum when the Griffey trade rumors were so intense. Hard to believe that was 12 years ago. I used to post (here and on cincinnati.com) under the moniker of Wade Rowdon, but my login information for that account has been lost for many years. The recent trades have me thinking that this is the best Reds team we've seen in many years, and so I thought this an opportune time to rejoin as a poster. Looking forward to it!

Boss-Hog
12-23-2011, 05:33 PM
Not really "new" here, but I have read the forum since its inception in 1999 and remember well all the vitriol on the cincinnati.com forum when the Griffey trade rumors were so intense. Hard to believe that was 12 years ago. I used to post (here and on cincinnati.com) under the moniker of Wade Rowdon, but my login information for that account has been lost for many years. The recent trades have me thinking that this is the best Reds team we've seen in many years, and so I thought this an opportune time to rejoin as a poster. Looking forward to it!
Nice to see you again...I remember you well.

RedRoser
12-26-2011, 07:59 PM
Welcome back Wade. :)
I remember reading your posts years ago.

brand.chips
01-27-2012, 11:57 PM
http://www.webcam-steamate.com/cookies/35/b/happy.gif

I run two storefronts now, one being Los Rios Group which I guess is pretty well known. Im not to happy with its level of quality right now and i need to update the writeups. My other is Gemballa Avionic Development, its a brand new store and at the moment offers four products. I will expand it but slowly, as it takes time to get the high level of quality I would like in my products

Id also like some help designing some of my new products for the second store.

oedenfield
06-01-2012, 12:03 PM
I'm new to the site, joined yesterday. I'll be 30 this year and I grew up about 60 miles east of Cincinnati and have been a Reds fan most of my life. I still have a bit of family around the Cincinnati area but I live in Los Angeles. I married into a closet Reds family as my late father in law had a signed Pete Rose bat and ball I didn't know about until after his passing (currently hanging on the wall in my office next to a 1978 Big Red Machine pennant a co-worker gave to me when he found out I was a Reds fan).

I follow the team as much as I can and watch every game I can via MLB.tv. Looking forward to seeing the Reds play the Dodgers and the Padres when they make the journey west.

camisadelgolf
06-01-2012, 01:19 PM
Welcome to the site. Although you're not near Cincinnati, consider yourself lucky that you're near Dodger Stadium. I love it there.

oedenfield
06-01-2012, 03:20 PM
Yeah, my wife and her family are big Dodger fans (my father-in-law was really an all around baseball fan and remembered hating the Reds being a Dodger fan in the 70's but still had respect for the team).

Dodger Stadium is pretty cool, but I'd take GABP anyday. :-)

The_Mudshark
06-05-2012, 02:41 PM
Just joined and this is my first post.

I am a born and raised Cincinnatian from the Mt. Washington area. Life-long Reds fan. Thanks for having me, and GO REDS!

Dru4u73
06-12-2012, 01:40 PM
Joined today and this is my first post. From around Louisville, Ky area and have been a Reds fan as long as I can remember. I currently live in Clarksville, TN and catch all the games on Fox Sports.

camisadelgolf
06-12-2012, 02:04 PM
Jimmy Hendrix and Little Richard! Welcome! :rockband:

IABucFan
07-05-2012, 04:43 PM
Hi. I was searching for a site like this, and this one seems to be very well-run, clean, and respectful. Thank you for that! I actually am not a Reds fan; I'm a Pirates fan. But, I have a lot of respect for the Reds. Mostly, I was curious what fans of other teams were saying about the Pirates this year. I found a couple of threads where some of your board members posted some things about the Pirates, and I was surprised at how favorably you view them. I'm cautiously optomistic about them, personally. But, more than that, I was really surprised by how well some of you knew the Pirates system. I'd say that the posts that I read knew more about the Pirates minor leagues than most casual Bucs fans I know (not many, as I live in Iowa).

Anyway, I'm hoping to casually visit this board and get a read on what's going on in the Reds neck of the woods. I'm thrilled to be in a pennant race with you all, and I wish your team the best of luck the rest of the year. The second half should be a lot of fun!

The Red Baron
07-07-2012, 04:55 PM
I've read the site for years. I figured it was about time to get in on all the fun.

KiasuChick
07-08-2012, 12:29 AM
Hello everyone! Just found this forum. I'm a Reds fan who grew up in the UK but my mum is from Cincinnati so went to games every summer (had to tell this to a zillion people in the past week).

I didn't realize the Reds were in CA all week until last weekend. Happened to be in SF... 9 days later I've been to 7 games.

Anyone know where I could let people know about a first row ticket in the Sony Club I have for the Padres vs. Reds game tomorrow? It's in the section next to the Reds dugout... so I think it would be pretty good experience. Willing to part with it for a fraction of what I paid, i.e. would love to be able to cover the cost of gas to/from SD from LA if possible.

jback76
08-01-2012, 05:27 PM
Hello. Lifetime Reds fan starting in the 70's. I've been reading the game threads and sundeck for a couple of years now you guys seem to have a lot of fun. Thought I'd sign up. Live in northern New Jersey so I see the Reds Live when they play the Mets and Yankees.

WDE
08-11-2012, 12:26 AM
Hello! I am a young Reds fan, however I am just as passionate about the Reds as any of you. I found this board in March of this year, but never really bothered to make an account here. I'm glad I'm here now, and would like to say go Reds!

Also, how do you get an avatar?

Redsfan320
08-11-2012, 07:32 AM
Also, how do you get an avatar?

Go to "User CP" at the top of the page, then on the left, under "Settings and Options", click "Edit Avatar". There, you can pick one of the defaults, upload one from the internet, or from your own computer files, provided the image is 100 by 100 pixels or 20.0 KB (whichever is smaller). Good luck, and welcome to RZ!

WDE
08-11-2012, 01:14 PM
Go to "User CP" at the top of the page, then on the left, under "Settings and Options", click "Edit Avatar". There, you can pick one of the defaults, upload one from the internet, or from your own computer files, provided the image is 100 by 100 pixels or 20.0 KB (whichever is smaller). Good luck, and welcome to RZ!

Thank you!

RedLeg08
09-07-2012, 03:05 PM
Hello everyone,

My name is Danny, I'm 22 years old and a diehard Reds fan. I am from Martins Ferry, OH and I been reading the posts on The Old Red Guard pretty much every day for a couple years now, so I finally made an account....I like to think I am pretty knowledgeable about the Reds and can bring a different opinion to the forum. With that said, I am excited about this season and to be posting on here!

GO REDS!

Redsgirl
09-24-2012, 12:58 PM
Hello!

My name is Jessica and I'm a 19 year old college student majoring in occupational therapy. I was born and raised in Cincy and I am a diehard Reds fan. I have since moved away to go to college, but I still watch the Reds play when they come to town. I'm new to this forum, but I have above average knowledge of the team and hopefully I can contribute to discussions and have fun. :)

George Anderson
09-26-2012, 11:19 PM
Hello!

My name is Jessica and I'm a 19 year old college student majoring in occupational therapy. I was born and raised in Cincy and I am a diehard Reds fan. I have since moved away to go to college, but I still watch the Reds play when they come to town. I'm new to this forum, but I have above average knowledge of the team and hopefully I can contribute to discussions and have fun. :)

It is a sheer delight to have you join this board Jessica. :)

I anticipate you will bring a female perspective to this board that will be invaluable. ;)

Redsgirl
10-01-2012, 05:17 PM
It is a sheer delight to have you join this board Jessica. :)

I anticipate you will bring a female perspective to this board that will be invaluable. ;)

Thanks!

I miss Cincy and this forum is a great way for me to connect and stay up to speed with my favorite team. I will definitely contribute as well! :)

Jonster
10-15-2012, 09:56 PM
Greetings, Reds Zone!

Lifelong Giants fan here! I found this message board during the nail-biting NLDS series last week and have been quietly lurking since then (hearing the perspective of other team's fans is fascinating to me and I feel it adds to the overall experience of enjoying sports). With our historic series to discuss, along with a few other mutual issues - such as your newly extended manager, the great Dusty Baker - I figured I'd sign up in hopes of engaging in some intelligent baseball dialogue! Although our two teams don't typically cross paths with much regularity, the strong, informed opinions of this place have inspired me to join the fray. Here's hoping for some stimulating debate in the coming days!

Right off the bat, I'd simply like to start off by saying great series, fellas! Certainly must-see baseball at it's finest and while SF may have come out on top this time, the dichotomy of the Red's potent lineup versus the Giant's homegrown pitching looks like it could be a fantastic playoff rivalry for years to come! The parallels of these teams are also pretty provocative; I can relate to many of your frustrations with the recent struggles for a young stud like Drew Stubbs (Tim Lincecum has given our fan base equal fits). I'm also hoping for a speedy full recovery to your MVP candidate, Mr. Votto. We Giants fans were blessed with a miraculous comeback by Buster Posey this year and the results have been wonderful to watch! I'd also love to jump in on your guy's Dusty Baker thread on the main forum, when and if I gain posting priviledges there.

Anyways, this intro has been longer than I anticipated, so I'll go ahead and hit submit before I keep rambling like a mad man. Hope to hear your perspectives soon!

Cheers!

- Jonster

ProfessorTofty
10-15-2012, 11:07 PM
I've been posting here for at least a couple weeks to a month now. But to introduce myself more formerly, I am ProfessorTofty, first name George. The username is a gag related to an obscure Harry Potter character. I live in Dayton, Ohio and am also avid follower of the Reds local A team Dayton Dragons, which currently holds the professional sports record for most consecutive sell-out games. I also enjoy the video games Eternal Sonata and Final Fantasy (just to be clear on the latter - the FF franchise in general) and I work part time at a library and I also do online sales.

Since I mentioned I work at a library, I might as well share some of my favorite books. Those include the Harry Potter series (duh), The Hitchhiker's Guide books, the Bartimaeus Trilogy and the Mysterious Benedict society books, to name just a few.

If anyone else enjoys any of this stuff I mentioned and wants to chat with me about it, feel free to send me a message.

Oh, and yeah, Reds. I've lived in Ohio almost my whole life, and got my love of the game from my Dad, who unfortunately passed away when I was a teen. I've followed the Reds on and off for many years, and as I mentioned, also support them through the Dragons.

Reds Collector
11-30-2012, 03:41 PM
Hello everyone, just found this website. Usually read the message board on the Reds site then it disappeared. I found this site while looking for it and it looks great! Anyway, father of six girls and we are all diehard Reds fans. Took the plunge and bought season tickets this season so we will be making the trek from the Louisville, KY area many times next season. Somebody has to keep the oil companies in business. Bought two seats in the Scout Seats so if anybody has them in that area feel free to say hello! Going to rotate the family in by twos. Father-daughter dates, mother daughter dates and yes....even husband-wife dates!

Boss-Hog
11-30-2012, 04:56 PM
Welcome to the board

tcurrent
01-23-2013, 01:53 PM
Just came across this while looking for some place besides twitter to talk about the Reds. My name is Troy and I have been a lifelong Reds fan. Currently in Columbus but I try to make it to as many games as I can. I can't wait to get more involved in the discussions here! Go Redlegs!

camisadelgolf
01-23-2013, 02:22 PM
Welcome to the site! Have fun, relax, and don't be afraid to ask questions.

The Baumer II
02-05-2013, 01:59 AM
Life long Reds fan. NY. Glad to be a part of this great forum.

RedLeg08
03-01-2013, 01:41 PM
Hi guys! Life long reds fan here! I literally read this forum every day and it is by far my favorite reds forum! Thought I would finally chime in on a few topics! I hope everyone enjoys my feedback!

Dwarftree
03-11-2013, 05:06 AM
Hello everyone,

die-hard Reds fan from Germany here. I have been reading this forum for quite some time and finally decided to register. :) ... Thank you for all the information i was able to gather about our beloved Reds in recent years due to this forum.

camisadelgolf
03-11-2013, 03:31 PM
Hallo, Dwarf. I'm an ex-German resident. Welcome to the board! Are you a Donald Lutz fan by any chance?

Dwarftree
03-11-2013, 04:30 PM
@camisadelgolf: I sent you a pn. :)

KC2135
03-17-2013, 01:49 PM
Reds fan from Oklahoma, glad to be apart of this forum.

Backup Catcher
03-28-2013, 03:11 PM
Hello Everybody!
Thanks for allowing me to join RedsZone! While I profess to being very much a fan of Reds Baseball in times gone by, this forum will allow me to gradually become more acquainted with today's Reds. My avatar shamelessly reveals my favorite all-time Reds player. So between fan posts, inquiries & some book reviews, hopefully I'll bring something to the table.

Regards,
Bill B.

ptownred
04-01-2013, 12:03 PM
Lifelong Reds fan from SW Indiana. Lucky enough to have attended Gm 1 of 1990 WS. I try to make it to GABP 3-4 times per year. Looking forward to a great year. Go Reds!!!!

StRedlegs900
04-02-2013, 09:28 AM
Hello everyone! I've lurked here for probably 6-7 years, but haven't posted much. I'm a huge Reds/Bengals fan, and also a Reds season ticket holder. Thought I'd join in the discussion with everyone finally. Thanks!

fireman937
04-04-2013, 09:08 AM
Hello everyone. I have also lurked here for several years. I am a lifelong reds fan living in findlay ohio and usually make it to 4 to 5 games a year when health permits.

texasdave
04-04-2013, 04:50 PM
Hello everyone. I have also lurked here for several years. I am a lifelong reds fan living in findlay ohio and usually make it to 4 to 5 games a year when health permits.

You picked a good year to stop lurking and start posting. Good times all summer long straight ahead.

texasdave
04-04-2013, 04:52 PM
Hello everyone! I've lurked here for probably 6-7 years, but haven't posted much. I'm a huge Reds/Bengals fan, and also a Reds season ticket holder. Thought I'd join in the discussion with everyone finally. Thanks!

Have a take. Don't suck. Ha, ha. I'm Jim Rome. Rack me! And welcome aboard.

texasdave
04-04-2013, 04:53 PM
Reds fan from Oklahoma, glad to be apart of this forum.

Plenty of room on the bandwagon. 2013 is the year!

texasdave
04-04-2013, 04:54 PM
Hello Everybody!
Thanks for allowing me to join RedsZone! While I profess to being very much a fan of Reds Baseball in times gone by, this forum will allow me to gradually become more acquainted with today's Reds. My avatar shamelessly reveals my favorite all-time Reds player. So between fan posts, inquiries & some book reviews, hopefully I'll bring something to the table.

Regards,
Bill B.

I have been on here going on 8 years and never once have I brought anything to the table. And they still let me hang around. It's awesome. :)

texasdave
04-04-2013, 04:55 PM
Lifelong Reds fan from SW Indiana. Lucky enough to have attended Gm 1 of 1990 WS. I try to make it to GABP 3-4 times per year. Looking forward to a great year. Go Reds!!!!

Start saving those nickels and dimes. Game 1 of the 2013 WS is gonna be a little more expensive. But still well worth it.

The Toddfather
04-08-2013, 02:50 PM
Hello Everyone,

Reds fan my entire life. Grew up idolizing Barry Larkin. Attended my first game when I was 9 in 1991.

Live in NKY and attend as many games as possible during the year. Big time Votto and Frazier fan.

Finally registered after lurking for a few years.

Ron Gant
04-14-2013, 06:42 PM
Hello. Big Ron Gant fan. Bigger Cincinnati Reds fan.

Revering4Blue
04-14-2013, 09:39 PM
Welcome to all!

Ryanballa
04-17-2013, 01:56 PM
Finally found a really good site to talk to other Reds fans.I have been on CBSSPORTS Reds forum and they took the forums down,so I have been on the search for a good forum and I think I found one.I'm excited to talk to everybody and share all kinds of great Reds memories with a new group of Reds fans.

Boss-Hog
04-17-2013, 04:11 PM
Welcome to all our new members!

hairmetalfreek
04-24-2013, 10:45 PM
I don't believe I have introduced myself yet...I'm a 37 year old Reds fan who also enjoys horror movies and music of all sorts. I'm currently a 911 dispatcher but have also spent time in the radio industry, both commercial and not-for-profit. While I loved my time in radio, it simply would not pay the bills and support the family, especially the way the business went.

I also run a blog called The Writer's Journey (http://thewritersjourney.wordpress.com) which covers baseball, horror, music, and whatever else I feel like.

Goose1701
04-29-2013, 07:17 AM
Greetings folks from Washington state. Been following the home town Mariners all my life(please hold your condolences), and in 2010 I decided I needed an NL team to keep my baseball sanity. So after going through several candidates, I feel in love with the Brandon Phillips(Always been a fan of slick fielding 2B's) and the Reds. Been following them ever since.

Been looking for a great place to talk Reds baseball and this seems to be it.

Sea Ray
05-07-2013, 11:10 AM
Greetings folks from Washington state. Been following the home town Mariners all my life(please hold your condolences), and in 2010 I decided I needed an NL team to keep my baseball sanity. So after going through several candidates, I feel in love with the Brandon Phillips(Always been a fan of slick fielding 2B's) and the Reds. Been following them ever since.

Been looking for a great place to talk Reds baseball and this seems to be it.

Welcome Goose. Please keep us aprised of what's going on with the Mariners and other happenings up there in the Pac NW. I follow the M's to a certain extent myself

NASTYNATI
05-07-2013, 08:37 PM
Hello all. Huge Reds and Bengals fan here. I lived in Ohio for 26 years and now live in the Tampa Bay area of Florida. I have been a member of a Bengals board for years with a Reds forum but it isn't very active and given the lack of info available to me down here (all Rays talk) I figured now is as good a time as any to join, say hello, and keep up with all things Reds!

Ill be up for one of the Pirates game this June and cant wait!

Goose1701
05-08-2013, 08:53 PM
Welcome Goose. Please keep us aprised of what's going on with the Mariners and other happenings up there in the Pac NW. I follow the M's to a certain extent myself

Well, long story short the team is still mediocre. There have been some good surprises(Iwakuma,Bay). The offensive core, outside of Seager and Saunders is struggling(though Ackley appears to be coming around) and the loaded farm system has good signs(Franklin,Miller,Hultzen when healthy, Zunino kinda) and some bad(Paxton,Walker,Hultzen injury,Rameriz injury, Zunino's K's). And lastly the front office is taking some major justified heat for their inability to develop good hitters outside of Seager(they don't get credit for Saunders, because he had to go outside the organization to finish developing).

indyreds
05-24-2013, 10:34 PM
Hi everyone

Lifelong Reds fan from Indianapolis, have had the honor of attending a Reds World Series game @ Riverfront with my late beloved Grandpa at the ripe age of 4 :)

Been lurking watching the game threads and figured I should get on board.

rjpowell
05-30-2013, 08:50 AM
Hello everyone. I am a born again Reds & baseball fan living in Syracuse, NY. I was a huge Reds fan in my youth but lost interest in baseball in the mid 90s - there were no other baseball fans around me and the strikes just pissed me off. A few years ago, I thought I would try getting back into baseball but decided to follow a NY team & decided on the Mets. Try as I might, I just could not get excited about that team. Last September, I began a job at SUNY Cortland where there is a great Sport Management Department. The Chair of that department is also a huge baseball fan & former owner of a minor league team and through conversations with him, my interest in baseball was rekindled. I didn't find myself checking up & following the Mets, however. I kept heading back to the Reds website and now I am back! Go Big Red Machine!

CARDINALred
06-02-2013, 05:40 PM
I am a St. Louis native/resident and a Cardinal fan, and I just made my account today, mainly to ask for suggestions on where to visit when I come to Cincinnati for the first time next weekend.

If this place turns out to be cool, I might stick around.

Tennessee Red
07-23-2013, 12:05 AM
Hi Name is Jim. Reds fan all my life. Born in Ohio, reside in Tennessee now.
Buckeyes,Bengals,& Reds...all you need and that 24 car,;)

paulrichjr
07-23-2013, 11:18 PM
Hi Name is Jim. Reds fan all my life. Born in Ohio, reside in Tennessee now.
Buckeyes,Bengals,& Reds...all you need and that 24 car,;)

what part of TN?

NorCal Reds Fan
07-30-2013, 01:26 AM
Reds fan from the Bay Area...as a little kid in early 70s my aunt was a teenager and loved Johnny Bench & Big Red Machine, so they also became my favorites. Some of my earliest baseball memories are of the greatest WS ever in 1975.

Was a member of a couple other Reds forums but not all that great, so very happy to have found this one.

OC_Red
07-30-2013, 12:55 PM
Reds fan from the Bay Area...as a little kid in early 70s my aunt was a teenager and loved Johnny Bench & Big Red Machine, so they also became my favorites. Some of my earliest baseball memories are of the greatest WS ever in 1975.

Was a member of a couple other Reds forums but not all that great, so very happy to have found this one.

Welcome! This is easily the most knowledgeable Reds fanatic board I have found. Enjoy!

westofyou
07-30-2013, 05:28 PM

Former Bay Area resident here, went to UCSC lived in Berkeley and Palo Alto for years, but now live in Portland.

Welcome

NorCal Reds Fan
07-30-2013, 06:17 PM
Welcome! This is easily the most knowledgeable Reds fanatic board I have found. Enjoy!

Thank you...and agreed, very impressed with the participation and Reds/baseball knowledge here.

NorCal Reds Fan
07-30-2013, 06:22 PM
Former Bay Area resident here, went to UCSC lived in Berkeley and Palo Alto for years, but now live in Portland.

Welcome

Thanks...I look forward to one day being able to call myself a "former resident" of CA, some day we will escape.

smith3t5
07-31-2013, 08:42 PM
Good evening everyone, my name is Tyler and I have been a lifelong Cincinnatian and die-hard Reds fan. Have been an avid reader of this site for the past two months or so. I have never joined a forum site like this so please bear with me as I learn the ropes. I come from a family that watched every single Reds game through the 60's, Big Red Machine days, and even through the "common" years in the 80's and (most) of the 90's. I love to continue the tradition!

smith3t5
07-31-2013, 08:44 PM
Thanks...I look forward to one day being able to call myself a "former resident" of CA, some day we will escape.

Just started living in Cincy full time a month ago after splitting time between Cincy and LA for the past 7 years. I love the gas prices and stadium accessibility!

Spartan
08-05-2013, 09:05 PM
Reds fan born in Cincinnati, currently go to school in Columbus (Not OSU). Looking forward to debating some Reds baseball with other fans.

Volunteer Red
08-20-2013, 04:42 PM
Lifelong DIE-HARD Reds and Bengals fan here. Born in Middletown OH in '71 but moved to Gods Country (east TN) in '79. First post on the site. I literally have had this site in my favorites for 3 years and read it daily. Figured its time to jump into the fun for what appears to be a Sept to remember. 3 teams almost 20 games over battling for 2 spots. It dont get no better than that.

Wilson33
09-11-2013, 12:35 AM
I've been a Reds fan since my birth in Maryland, just two days before the 1970 World Series. My dad, a Ohio native, was stationed there in the USAF. Many of my fondest memories of childhood include watching the Reds with my family.

This is a great forum, and I look forward to getting to know everyone!

Cincy Baseball
11-04-2013, 05:00 PM
Hi everyone. I have been reading this site and the reds.com fan forum for many years now. I have never posted before but I'm looking forward to conversing with everyone about baseball.

I am from a small town in NW Ohio but I moved to Columbus for school and I will be graduating in Dec. My dad is a huge Reds fan, so naturally I was born a Reds fan and I have heard my dad tell me story after story about the Big Red Machine. I was only 2 years old when they went wire to wire in 90 so I don't remember any of if even though I was sitting on my dad's lap during it. The last few years have been the most exciting years for me as a Reds fan, but I an still looking forward to the Reds taking that next step and getting out of the first round of the playoffs. I am looking forward to another chance at the World Series in 2014. Go Redlegs!!!

Rando
12-04-2013, 09:11 AM
Growing up I used to think baseball was boring so I never followed. Back in 2009 I went to my first game at GABP and fell in love. There's just something about being at the ballpark. I've been a diehard Reds fan ever since and I go to at least 20 games a year and never miss a FSO broadcast.

I have a problem...

JP31
01-26-2014, 02:14 PM
JP here.... I am 33 years old and a huge reds fan living in Southern Indiana.. I have been a long time reader of redszone.com and am now deciding to become more active. My all-time favorite player is Barry Larkin.

swaisuc
01-30-2014, 10:21 AM
JP here.... I am 33 years old and a huge reds fan living in Southern Indiana.. I have been a long time reader of redszone.com and am now deciding to become more active. My all-time favorite player is Barry Larkin.

Welcome. Southern Indiana like the Cincy suburbs or Southern Indiana like Evansville?

Kai Slater
02-07-2014, 04:54 PM
Hey everyone,
I'm a longtime reader of these forums and have really enjoyed all the comments, opinions, and Reds info found here. I'm a life-long Reds fan going back to the 70s-80s during my childhood in the Lexington, Ky area just down the road from Riverfront stadium. I look forward to continue reading and occasionally jumping into a few discussions with you all.

paynejh
02-19-2014, 01:48 PM
Great to see a forum dedicated to the Redlegs. I'm from Indiana work in Ohio. Mid 30s 4 kids and a beautiful wife. What's missing another Reds Championship!

suiz
04-07-2014, 01:58 AM
Hi, I'm new Reds fan, and I'm new here. I just want to say hello to everyone !

ravenwlfpc
05-08-2014, 02:38 PM
A few of my google search results have had answers from here, so I figured I might as well join.

Tom_Bavaria
05-21-2014, 07:56 AM
Hi,

I'm from Regensburg, Bavaria. My favorite team are the Regensburg Buchbinder Legionare. I've been a Reds fan since Donald Lutz signed with the Reds oragnization. Thank you for this great forum, it has been an important source of information for quite a long time now.

Tom

BernieCarbo
05-28-2014, 11:37 PM
Hope it's ok to join. I'm a transplant from the east and am a long time Red Sox fan, but have also been an avid baseball fan since I was a little kid laying on the living room floor and listening to my grandfather tell stories about Hank Greenberg and Jimmie Foxx. I was glued to the TV during the '75 World Series and although I have no emotional attachment to the Reds, I'm here and would like to be part of the discussions, for better or worse.

JMFD
06-02-2014, 01:02 PM
Long time reader, first time poster.

Looking forward to getting involved in the discussion.