PDA

View Full Version : Introductions Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

gebby
01-07-2006, 03:10 PM
From paintmered,

Hi all. As you may have noticed, we've been adding quite a few new members lately and have been using this forum to introduce themselves. While there is absolutely nothing wrong with this, it has cluttered the non-bb forum up a bit. All the threads have since been merged into this thread. To avoid confusion, I copied my original post here. So think of this as some pre-spring cleaning. ;)

So from now until the beginning of the season (the time of the year we receive the most new members), this thread will serve as the place to go "Hi. I'm new to Redszone and want to introduce myself.” And if this is your first time here, I fully encourage you to post here.

So welcome to Redszone. :) We hope you enjoy your stay. Please have a look around and don't be shy to jump in the discussions. I also encourage you to take a look at our FAQ. It should answer many of the questions you might have. If you have additional questions, please feel free to PM me or any of the other mods. You can do this by scrolling down to the bottom of any RZ page and clicking on one of our names.

Thanks. :) (and thanks gebby for allowing me to borrow your post)

gebby's original post: I guess this place makes you intro yourself before you are allowed to post. Well, then, hello!

Redsland
01-07-2006, 03:34 PM
Introductions are not required.
If they were our bandwidth would be mired.
So post or not; it is your call.
But post in rhyme or not at all.

;)
:welcome:

Heath
01-07-2006, 03:42 PM
I paid woy $10 to talk.

Maybe they need to give Krono $10 ;)

RBA
01-07-2006, 04:05 PM
Yes, it's mandatory. Also you need to answer the following quesitons:

1. Are you a Reds Fan?
2. If so, what made you become a Reds Fan. If not, why are you on this forum?
3. How did you learn about RedsZone?
4. How old are you?
5. Where are you from?
6. Do you drink or take drugs? If not, why are you a Reds fan?
7. Have you now or ever been a member of the communist party?
8. Do you know who the Gang of 10 are?
9. Are you now or have you ever been affliated with Richard Hand or Gallagher?
10. Do you wipe front to back or back to front?
11. Would you consider having your testicles (if you are male) cut off if it would guarentee a Reds World Championship?
12. Do you think Adam Dunn is overrated and strikes out too much?
13. Which Reds player would you most like to go on a double date with and why?
14. What do you think you can add to RedsZone?
15. Do you think Jim Edmonds is a showboater?

KronoRed
01-07-2006, 04:09 PM
Maybe they need to give Krono $10 ;)
I'm paid by the letter :devil:

Welcome new person :wave:

TeamCasey
01-07-2006, 06:41 PM
:laugh: Welcome aboard!

BoydsOfSummer
01-08-2006, 04:47 PM
Hello!...Hello!...
HELLO!

Sean_CaseyRules
01-08-2006, 07:04 PM
[QUOTE=RedBloodedAmerican]6. Do you drink or take drugs? If not, why are you a Reds fan?
[QUOTE]

Maybe he underage, you ever think of that? LOL :beerme:

paintmered
01-08-2006, 09:44 PM
Maybe he underage, you ever think of that? LOL :beerme:

Then hopefully his answer is no. :)

RedFanAlways1966
01-09-2006, 12:46 PM
To continue...

16. Have you ever chugged beer or alcohol with Ryan Freel or has Ryan Freel ever asked you to be his designated driver?

:all_cohol

p.s. Welcome to RZ! :)

zombie-a-go-go
01-09-2006, 02:19 PM
To continue...

16. Have you ever chugged beer or alcohol with Ryan Freel or has Ryan Freel ever asked you to be his designated driver?

:all_cohol

I can't wait until ST this year. :evil:

REDREAD
01-10-2006, 09:14 AM
hi.. you can post in Reds' Live as a new person. You have to collect 200 reputation before you can post in Old Red Guard. Welcome.

this1belongs2
01-10-2006, 11:59 AM
This is my first post. I sure hope this board fares better than the mlb one.

RedFanAlways1966
01-10-2006, 01:41 PM

Welcome to you too. Fares better than the MLB site? That would be an understatement. The diff. in my opinion is like t-ball (MLB site) vs. an All-Century team (RedsZone). I hope you feel the same way in due time and enjoy yourself.

:)

Sean_CaseyRules
01-10-2006, 01:56 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the guy who started this thread, well......he has not posted since.......

Redsland
01-10-2006, 02:03 PM
I suspect he's still filling out the quesionaire in post #4 and setting it to rhyme, as required.

;)

Sean_CaseyRules
01-10-2006, 02:08 PM
I suspect he's still filling out the quesionaire in post #4 and setting it to rhyme, as required.

;)

That will take for ever,
but however,
when he gets back,
we shuold cut him some slack,
because talking in rhyme,
makes you lose a lot of time.

Thank you thank you,
no applause please, lol

theredsfan
01-12-2006, 09:35 PM
Was looking for another place to talk about reds baseball.

I am the father of 4 from Central Kentucky. A University of Louisville fan.:beerme:

Falls City Beer
01-12-2006, 09:41 PM
A University of Louisville fan.:beerme:

My alma mater. Go Cards. A welcome Cards fan, indeed!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

deltachi8
01-12-2006, 09:47 PM
I acn forgive the louisville thing...seriously, welcome to the best Reds community.

RedFanAlways1966
01-13-2006, 08:08 AM
Welcome to RZ, theredsfan. Hope you like it here. :)

bucksfan
01-13-2006, 12:17 PM
Welcome. I think you will enjoy it here. I like the simple straightforward username!

Sean_CaseyRules
01-14-2006, 02:59 PM
Welcome!

And to the rest of you, where is the ?'s and speaking in rhyme? LOL

RBA
01-14-2006, 03:01 PM
Welcome to RedsZone and don't forget to take the newcomer's survey.

RFS62
01-14-2006, 03:05 PM
Wow, "theredsfan".

So you're the one.

Welcome.

GAC
01-15-2006, 05:59 AM
Determining whether you are welcome or not depends on your feelings on DanO, Allen, Aurilia, and Milton? (just kidding) :lol:

Welcome aboard!

RBA
01-15-2006, 03:45 PM
If you are lefty, we can use your help at http://lastperson.suncircle.org/index.php?board=6.0 for political talk we are outnumbered there due to GAC's superior intellect. ;)

REDSEER
01-15-2006, 05:03 PM
My first post here, also. Had been on the ESPN board occasionally, but it is just plain dead.

Here is my take on the Reds' position right now: :help: :bang: :confused:

Sean_CaseyRules
01-15-2006, 05:05 PM
Determining whether you are welcome or not depends on your feelings on DanO, Allen, Aurilia, and Milton? (just kidding) :lol:

Welcome aboard!

You may be kidding, but the rest of us aren't.........LOL
I'm just kidding with ya!
Wlcome

GAC
01-15-2006, 07:53 PM
If you are lefty, we can use your help at http://lastperson.suncircle.org/index.php?board=6.0 for political talk we are outnumbered there due to GAC's superior intellect. ;)

There is really no reason for that at all RBA. You got a problem, then that is what PM's are for.

RBA
01-15-2006, 08:01 PM
Sorry GAC, it was just a joke. You do pretty well for yourself when your outnumbered. It was meant to be a complement.

bigjonempire
01-21-2006, 12:09 PM
Hello. I'm Jon. I'm a big baseball fan. I enjoy visiting and posting on many different baseball boards. I write a blog about the Yankees but I follow most teams just as passionately. The Reds have long been a favorite National League Team. I'm excited about the new ownership and I hope Mr. C can bring this club back to where it should be.

KronoRed
01-21-2006, 12:15 PM
Welcome :wave:

Redsland
01-21-2006, 12:42 PM

biggestREDSfan
01-21-2006, 02:05 PM
I am really glad to be back with this group again! My computer has been down for several months. I thought I was lost in the desert. I am back again and I am ready for the Reds to begin their season!

KronoRed
01-21-2006, 02:06 PM
Welcome back :wave:

biggestREDSfan
01-21-2006, 02:14 PM
That is funny Krono!!! Glad to be back!:laugh:

Sean_CaseyRules
01-21-2006, 02:42 PM
Welcome!

Yachtzee
01-21-2006, 02:49 PM
I write a blog about the Yankees...

I'll try not to hold that against you ;)

Seriously, welcome aboard. :thumbup:

cincyredsone
01-21-2006, 09:32 PM
I am new to redszone and, I just wanted to say hello to everyone. I have been a reds fan all my life and, I looked forward to talking about the reds to fellow reds fans on this board.

captainmorgan07
01-21-2006, 09:56 PM
we have new members daily seems like just adding to the club

KronoRed
01-22-2006, 12:52 AM

TeamCasey
01-22-2006, 12:29 PM
Welcome aboard! :beerme:

biggestREDSfan
01-23-2006, 02:47 PM
I am happy to hear from "Sean", "Team Casey" & "Redsland".
I really feel welcomed!

WVJulz
01-24-2006, 01:48 PM
I guess it's time to break out of lurk mode and say hello!!! My name is Julie and I live in Parkersburg, WV and I'm a lifetime Reds fan. (Only a true fan would admit that!!) Just wanted to say hi!!!

Julz :redcap:

Boss-Hog
01-24-2006, 01:54 PM

Heath
01-24-2006, 02:04 PM
Hey Julie - thanks for coming in and bringing additional class to the board.

Watch out for Krono - he's sneaky!

pedro
01-24-2006, 02:06 PM
Welcome. :)

gonelong
01-24-2006, 02:18 PM
Hey Julie - Dave Van Gorder?

GL

max venable
01-24-2006, 02:54 PM
hola amigo!

RedFanAlways1966
01-24-2006, 02:56 PM
Welcome to a great site. Have fun! :D

Puffy
01-24-2006, 03:28 PM
hola amigo!

I think you mean "amiga"

And welcome! Avoid RFS62 at all costs - he's my nemesis.

WVRed
01-24-2006, 04:40 PM
Greetings, I am from Parkersburg as well.(Vienna to be exact).

Nice to have another Reds fan from that area.:)

pedro
01-24-2006, 04:45 PM

GL

haven't thought of him in a while.

I'll match that and raise you one Steve Christmas.

01-24-2006, 05:23 PM
I Julie. How long you been lurking?

WVJulz
01-24-2006, 08:36 PM

GL
Yes.......Dave Van Gorder......met him in 85....and so he wasn't great with the bat, he was one helluva defensive player and most of all, he's a helluva nice guy! :jump:

WVJulz
01-24-2006, 08:37 PM
I Julie. How long you been lurking?

Been lurking for awhile.....glad I joined this group!

Julz

WVJulz
01-24-2006, 08:44 PM
haven't thought of him in a while.

I'll match that and raise you one Steve Christmas.

Okay Pedro........Steve Christmas...hahaha. But regardless of how long either of them were there, they made the big show. :)
But the fact that you mentioned Steve Christmas made me laugh...I haven't thought about HIM in years.

Julz

Redsland
01-24-2006, 10:35 PM
Steve Christmas made me laugh...I haven't thought about HIM in years.
That goes for a lot of us.

:p:

TeamSelig
01-24-2006, 11:06 PM
* Edited by a moderator

KronoRed
01-24-2006, 11:32 PM

Watch out for Krono - he's sneaky!
Sneaky? like a spy?

COOL :D

Heath
01-25-2006, 08:48 AM
If Steve Christmas can make her laugh - imagine what Brad Gulden and Alan Knicely can do. Downright Hijinks & Hilarity might ensue.

:D

TheHugeUnit
01-25-2006, 10:03 AM
Hi I didn't know where to post an introduction at but IM TheHugeUnit I am a Big Reds and a big Yankee Fan. IM a mod at another board http://forum.diehardbaseball.com/index.php?act=idx but IM the only Reds fan there so i came here to talk about the Reds. My Favorite Reds player is Griffey I liked him on the Mariners and when he was traded i liked the Reds a lot better. I hope they can start to spend about 10 to 15 million more a year all they need is some pitching help.

RedFanAlways1966
01-25-2006, 10:16 AM
Welcome to RZ! :)

TheHugeUnit
01-25-2006, 11:47 AM
Thanks for the Welcome i forgot to say that i live by Cleveland, but i don't like the indians

Sean_CaseyRules
01-25-2006, 12:48 PM
Welcome, and we will forgive ya for being a Yanks fan......lol

biggestREDSfan
01-25-2006, 02:28 PM
WELCOME :welcome: :welcome:
We are glad to have you here as a Reds fan.

redsfanmia
01-25-2006, 04:40 PM
Okay Pedro........Steve Christmas...hahaha. But regardless of how long either of them were there, they made the big show. :)
But the fact that you mentioned Steve Christmas made me laugh...I haven't thought about HIM in years.

Julz
I always liked Steve Christmas because when he played for the Indianapolis Indians they would always play "Its starting to look alot like christmas" when he came to bat. I know its not original or anything but I was a kid and thought it was funny.

max venable
01-25-2006, 05:54 PM
A Reds fan and a Yankees fan at the same time? That's almost like an oxymoron, isn't it? Weird.

Nonetheless, welcome.

vaticanplum
01-25-2006, 05:59 PM
A Reds fan and a Yankees fan at the same time? That's almost like an oxymoron, isn't it? Weird.

There are quite a few of us, and I've noticed a lot coming over here lately. Soon we are going to be more popular than ice cream.

max venable
01-25-2006, 06:08 PM
I don't even really get how someone can be a fan of two MLB teams at the same time. Guess it's just me...but I just don't get it.

vaticanplum
01-25-2006, 06:18 PM
I don't even really get how someone can be a fan of two MLB teams at the same time. Guess it's just me...but I just don't get it.

I think one per league is doable. It helps keep me up-to-speed on a lot of things I think I'd miss otherwise.

It often comes from geography, family, or simply a whole lotta love to waste aka obsessive nature/boredom.

westofyou
01-25-2006, 06:23 PM
It's easy if you're on the west coast, I've never become a fan of another team myself, but I sure know more about West Coast teams than I do about east coast teams, mostly because I spend the east coast time watching the Reds.

Caveat Emperor
01-25-2006, 06:40 PM

I'm a Reds fan, but I also follow the Red Sox pretty closely (growing up with a Yankee's fan father will do that to you).

It's like having a favorite ice cream flavor -- really liking one doesn't mean you can't enjoy others.

max venable
01-25-2006, 09:14 PM
I'm a Reds fan, but I also follow the Red Sox pretty closely (growing up with a Yankee's fan father will do that to you).

It's like having a favorite ice cream flavor -- really liking one doesn't mean you can't enjoy others.
No, no, no...ice cream is not the appropriate comparison. It's more like having a wife. What you're saying is the equivalent of saying just because you have one, doesn't mean you can't enjoy other women. And I'm saying that's just not right. I'm a one-woman kind of guy...just like I'm a one-team kind of guy. REDS BABY!:redcap: :KoolAid:

max venable
01-25-2006, 09:19 PM
I think you mean "amiga"

And welcome! Avoid RFS62 at all costs - he's my nemesis.
What can I say? I took French in high school.

Heath
01-25-2006, 09:46 PM
I think one per league is doable. It helps keep me up-to-speed on a lot of things I think I'd miss otherwise.

It often comes from geography, family, or simply a whole lotta love to waste aka obsessive nature/boredom.

Might then you explain for the possible disdain for the local AL club known affectionately as the "South Siders"?

Sure, I like the Reds. Really like the Reds. But it doesn't mean that I hate everyone else.

I'm one of about 26 or so (not counting family or friends) that enjoy Tampa Bay Devil Rays baseball. Nice young team that aggrevates the Yankees & Red Sox now and then. The extra plus was Sweet Lou.

I spend the $150 on MLB EI - just to have a game on at 10:30 or if Vin Scully is in LA reminding me its time for Dodger baseball - or - to remind me not to hurry to cause accidents, because there is plenty of baseball to be played.

I think some of you wonder how I go through life liking the D-Rays and Reds. I also enjoy setting myself on fire, plucking my eyebrows with an electric brush trimmer, and sitting in a hot-tub while using a hair dryer.

Oh, btw - :wave: Welcome to the board, Unit.

Fenway
01-25-2006, 10:00 PM

Rather than start a new thread, may as well jump in here! I'm a Red Sox fan, a fan of the game, and as a member of SoSH, NYYFans, OriolesHangout, etc., find it fascinating to check out boards such as RedsZone to read what fans have to say about their teams. Now to throw in my 2 pennies on Matt Clement... :)

vaticanplum
01-26-2006, 10:35 AM
Might then you explain for the possible disdain for the local AL club known affectionately as the "South Siders"?

Sure, I like the Reds. Really like the Reds. But it doesn't mean that I hate everyone else.

I'm one of about 26 or so (not counting family or friends) that enjoy Tampa Bay Devil Rays baseball. Nice young team that aggrevates the Yankees & Red Sox now and then. The extra plus was Sweet Lou.

I spend the $150 on MLB EI - just to have a game on at 10:30 or if Vin Scully is in LA reminding me its time for Dodger baseball - or - to remind me not to hurry to cause accidents, because there is plenty of baseball to be played.

I think some of you wonder how I go through life liking the D-Rays and Reds. I also enjoy setting myself on fire, plucking my eyebrows with an electric brush trimmer, and sitting in a hot-tub while using a hair dryer.

Oh, btw - :wave: Welcome to the board, Unit.

I think you are the first Tampa Bay fan I have ever encountered. Seriously. And I've seen them play in person numerous times.

The Vin Scully thing you mentioned kind of brings home the crux of why I think a person can love more than one team: there are lot of reasons to love a baseball team. For me it's pretty straightforward (although I did once feel the need to write a ten thousand word essay about it): I grew up in Cincinnati and New York. There was no way I was going to be without a local baseball team to follow. The Reds are very special to me because I haven't lived in Cincinnati as an adult and they give me a very strong tie to my childhood. The Yankees are my grown-up team and I love them just as much. If they ever meet in the World Series, I really don't know what I'll do. Luckily, this is about as likely to happen in the near future as Eric Milton throwing six perfect games next year.

The way I look at it is -- what are the reasons you fall in love with a baseball team? Could be familial influence, could be one player who catches your fancy, could be an entire group of good guys you really like, could be an amazing game you happen to catch, could be some dude you meet in a bar who tells you some amazing story about something that happened to some team in 1948. All of these things can happen more than once.

As for the White Sox -- I like them, not a lifelong fan, but I like the team they've put together over the last few years. I've always liked Ozzie, I thought the trade for all-around slow crazyman AJ Pierzynski was genius (seriously), and as a Reds fan I'm completely in awe of their pitching staff. I would think most people are predisposed to like teams unless they're given good reason not to, maybe I'm wrong? There are only a couple of teams in baseball that I actively hate and this takes up a lot of my energy.

I do know somebody who, because of her parents, follows both the Cubs and the Cardinals. Now that's weird.

Ravenlord
01-26-2006, 10:56 AM
when i started following baseball when i was 4 or 5, only two of the teams i liked were in the same division. then in 1995 or 96, suddenly all four teams i followed were in the same division.

zombie-a-go-go
01-26-2006, 12:03 PM
I'm one of about 26 or so (not counting family or friends) that enjoy Tampa Bay Devil Rays baseball.

27. :wave:

Although I'm not certain "enjoy" is always the most applicable descriptor. ;)

Oh, yeah, before I forget... welcome to you new guys (girls?).

Joseph
01-26-2006, 04:23 PM
Welcome Julz, glad to have you here.

littlejoe
01-26-2006, 05:54 PM
Just came over from the other reds site. Hello all and Go Reds !:thumbup:

BoydsOfSummer
01-26-2006, 07:53 PM
There's another Reds site?

Welcome aboard

westofyou
01-26-2006, 07:55 PM
There's another Reds site?

http://homepage.eircom.net/~kampf/

RedFanAlways1966
01-26-2006, 08:39 PM
Welcome to a great place for REDS talk. And a bit more civil than some other places. Enjoy! :)

KronoRed
01-27-2006, 02:12 AM
Welcome :)

TheHugeUnit
01-27-2006, 09:29 AM
I like them both since they are in the AL and NL. That would be my dream world series. I don't know who I would want to win. On the site im on everyone has a favorite team in both leagues.

paintmered
01-27-2006, 05:00 PM
Welcome to a great place for REDS talk. And a bit more civil than some other places. Enjoy! :)

Except when someone suggests Adam Dunn strikes out too much.

Caveat Emperor
01-27-2006, 05:19 PM
Except when someone suggests Adam Dunn strikes out too much.

Are you saying Adam Dunn strikes out too much? :evil:

RBA
01-27-2006, 05:31 PM
Just came over from the other reds site. Hell...

I stopped there. I thought you were saying the other site was Hell. Welcome to the Zone!!!

paintmered
01-27-2006, 05:34 PM
Are you saying Adam Dunn strikes out too much? :evil:

I know better than to suggest that. :p:

RFS62
01-27-2006, 05:35 PM
Hey Joe.

Where you goin' with that gun in your hand?

Freddie_Free
01-27-2006, 06:43 PM
Hey, I'm new here. I've always have been a huge Reds fan and will continue to be one no matter how badly they play. Just thought I'd post here before posting elsewhere on the site.

Elam
01-27-2006, 07:18 PM

paintmered
01-27-2006, 07:34 PM
Hi all. As you may have noticed, we've been adding quite a few new members lately and have been using this forum to introduce themselves. While there is absolutely nothing wrong with this, it has cluttered the non-bb forum up a bit. So think of this as some pre-spring cleaning. ;)

So from now until the beginning of the season (the time of the year we receive the most new members), this thread will serve as the place to go "Hi. I'm new to Redszone and want to introduce myself.” And if this is your first time here, I fully encourage you to post here.

So welcome to Redszone. :) We hope you enjoy your stay. Please have a look around and don't be shy to jump in the discussions. I also encourage you to take a look at our FAQ. It should answer many of the questions you might have. If you have additional questions, please feel free to PM me or any of the other mods. You can do this by scrolling down to the bottom of any RZ page and clicking on one of our names.

Thanks. :)

Redsland
01-27-2006, 09:20 PM
I think there should be a stickied thread for oldbees to say hi, too.

WhoDey!
01-28-2006, 12:15 AM
hey guys, i've read the board for a long time but this is my first post, im a big reds fan, and we finally have something to be excited about, this new ownership is looking like things are headed in the right direction, and thats really exciting! I look forward to talking baseball with you guys, and hopefully sooner rather than later castellini will be right about championship baseball returning to the Nati!

KronoRed
01-28-2006, 03:08 AM
Welcome WhoDey :wave:

Ron Madden
01-29-2006, 12:10 AM
Welcome All New Members.:thumbup:

Seems to me that by the end of the season PRose and DennyRed will be the only fans left over on the Reds site.;)

TeamBoone
01-29-2006, 01:02 PM
Wow! Lots of new members.

I hope you all grow to love this place as much as the rest of us do. Some days it will try your patience, some days it will make you smile.... but we all survive.

Welcome everyone!

Gainesville Red
01-30-2006, 01:18 AM

1. Are you a Reds Fan?
4. How old are you?
5. Where are you from?
11. Would you consider having your testicles (if you are male) cut off if it would guarentee a Reds World Championship?
14. What do you think you can ad to RedsZone?

Should we make new posters submit their resumes? They better have a cover letter.;)

01-30-2006, 08:21 AM
http://homepage.eircom.net/~kampf/

Oh, great, woy- I clicked on that. Now the president is gonna spy on me!:(

bnancs
01-30-2006, 01:11 PM
Hi all,

New here, so I'll do the intro thing. I'm a lifelong Reds fan, though I must admit I get more into football than baseball. So, this is the time of year when, alas, my Bears season is over, and the next one far away. But the good news is that it's almost time for spring training!

Anyway, I do most of my message boarding from work, so I won't post a whole lot, mostly here to read the news and opinions.

Like seemingly everyone else, I am pretty excited about the new ownership. I don't figure they will turn things around overnight, but it certainly sounds like they're at least going to try, which will be a welcome improvement in my book.

From the little I've read, it seems like you have a great community here, and while I won't talk much, I look forward to hanging out and listening to you guys.

bnancs

KronoRed
01-30-2006, 02:20 PM
Welcome bnancs :wave:

reds1869
01-30-2006, 07:57 PM
I guess it's time to break out of lurk mode and say hello!!! My name is Julie and I live in Parkersburg, WV and I'm a lifetime Reds fan. (Only a true fan would admit that!!) Just wanted to say hi!!!

Julz :redcap:

I'm originally from Parkersburg too. Welcome aboard!

reds1869
01-30-2006, 07:59 PM
Oh, and don't forget to beg for rep points. That will quickly endear you to the others. ;)

WVRed
02-01-2006, 01:43 PM
I'm originally from Parkersburg too. Welcome aboard!

Welcome aboard, i'm living there now.:)

Its amazing to see this place grow up.

RedRoser
02-01-2006, 07:54 PM
Hey did any of your Parkersburg WV people know an Andrea Williams? She's from Parkersburg (early 30's probably) and I teach with her, so I was just curious. She's a great gal! Just had her first child actually!

Sorry, needed to edit to add this (DUH!)!!! Her maiden name was Adams. Andrea Adams.

---RedRoser

WVJulz
02-02-2006, 12:21 PM
Hey did any of your Parkersburg WV people know an Andrea Williams? She's from Parkersburg (early 30's probably) and I teach with her, so I was just curious. She's a great gal! Just had her first child actually!

Sorry, needed to edit to add this (DUH!)!!! Her maiden name was Adams. Andrea Adams.

---RedRoser

Where did she go to high school? Parkersburg High or Parkersburg South? If she's in her early 30s, she's younger than me but I may know of her family.

Julz :dunno:

WVRed
02-02-2006, 06:59 PM

---RedRoser

I moved here three years ago, so I doubt it.

marcshoe
02-04-2006, 07:59 PM
Well then, do you know Steve Swisher? How 'bout Nick? ;)

Drafted Rebel
02-07-2006, 06:17 PM
I just wanted to take a few minutes to introduce myself here. At 32 years old I was in high school when the Reds last won the Series and have been a fair weather fan at best. I try to make it to 2-5 games per year but by mid season the Reds are out of it and my mind is on golf. I'm going to give the Reds a shot here, new management, new owner lets see what the next 5 years bring.

I have an idea, Every year I go to Sarasota and watch a game or two. We should try to get a weekend where a large crowd of fans road trip to see a game or two. Should be the kind of weekend guys like… Reds in the morning, golf in the afternoon and the racetrack at night. (maybe we'll see Pete at the track) JK Let me know who's interested and we can work out some ideas.

Drafted Rebel
02-07-2006, 06:39 PM
I just wanted to introduce myself here. At 32 years old, I was in high school the last time the Reds won the Series. Since then I have been a fair weather fan at best. I try to make it to 2 - 5 games per year but by mid season, they are out of and I an concentrating on golf. I am going to give the Reds another shot. New ownership and management seems like a good start.

Every year I go to Sarasota and watch a spring game or two. I was thinking that this year a group could get together for a road trip. Should be fun... Golf in the morning, Reds in the afternoon and the dog track at night. (Maybe we'll see Pete at the track) JK. Anyway let’s try to plan something.

bcolvard
02-08-2006, 12:31 AM
hi all I'm not really new here been reading for a year or so... I have been a reds fan since the big red machine days and was happy when drafted by them in 88... I became a member to keep track of a couple of guys I know from my home area (smitherman and shackleford) and to see if there is any other guys a played with in the minors on this site (88-92) I'm now a high school coach in Ok...

KronoRed
02-08-2006, 10:43 AM
Welcome Revel and Bcol :wave:

uk1973
02-08-2006, 11:14 AM
Hi everyone.

Doc. Scott
02-08-2006, 11:27 AM
hi all I'm not really new here been reading for a year or so... I have been a reds fan since the big red machine days and was happy when drafted by them in 88... I became a member to keep track of a couple of guys I know from my home area (smitherman and shackleford) and to see if there is any other guys a played with in the minors on this site (88-92) I'm now a high school coach in Ok...

Welcome, Coach (http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/C/benny-colvard.shtml). If you've got any good ball-playin' stories, you can watch the crew here crowd around you like kids around a campfire. :)

bcolvard
02-08-2006, 09:54 PM
thanks Doc what kind of stories would you guys like to hear and about who? I only played with a few guys you would know...

bcolvard
02-08-2006, 09:59 PM
I've also know Stephen Smitherman since he was a little kid and Brian Shakleford since he was in High school...

Doc. Scott
02-09-2006, 03:09 PM
Oh, trust me- if they played for the Reds at the big-league level, the people here have heard of 'em. (Even Glenn Sutko.) Just looking down your draft class (http://www.thebaseballcube.com/teams/draft/cincinnati-reds-1988.shtml), I see a handful of recognizable major-leaguers... as well as one Johnny Almaraz (same guy who's now the international scouting director and GM candidate, right?).

Start yourself a thread on Reds Live. Trust me, you'll get attention.

I'll throw out the first question: did it surprise you that Shackleford ended up a pitcher? How was he able to switch midstream like that? Doing it in his mid-twenties and after he'd already cracked the higher levels of the system seems quite rare.

And the second: did something bad happen to Smitherman? He went from 2003 Minor-League POY to the edge of free agenthood. Was he hurt?

biggsd
02-09-2006, 04:40 PM
Brand new Cincy fan here living in the home of the Royals...the Omaha Royals...they can't be as bad as KC, can they?

bcolvard
02-09-2006, 06:09 PM
no it really didn't surprise me about Shakleford, I always thought he was a better pitcher than hitter, he pitched some at OU... as for the other question I just think the different style pitching at the AAA level is not suited for Smitherman (more breaking balls and better placed") he hasn't been hurt as far as I've heard...

franky22
02-13-2006, 11:41 AM
Hello everyone, I am new to this site but I have been a Reds fan for a while being that they are the closest team to where I am from Lexington. I am interested in the upcoming 2006 season and would like to know what people think the starting line-up will be for the team including a few of the pitchers. I haven't kept up with the Reds like I have wanted to but I am more interested this season being that I am graduating from college and all. So drop me a line and let me know what is up and maybe some predictions for the season. Thanks and later.

KronoRed
02-13-2006, 12:40 PM

bianchiveloce
02-17-2006, 03:43 AM
Hi,all. I'm Anthony and I'm a recovering Reds fan. I have followed the Reds since the early 70's when I first discovered the world of baseball. I grew up with visions of Rose, Morgan, Bench, and Perez in my head.

1990 was a magical year for me. I got to see my first Reds home game that summer. Man, what a long drive that was from South Carolina.

I remember like it was yesterday when sitting in Riverfront Stadium in September 1990, when the Reds clinched the old West division during a rain delay. I remember the sound of the crowd as it grew louder and louder as word spread throughout Riverfront that the Reds had clinched due to a Dodgers' loss. It was so surreal! Marge, Sweet Lou, Eric Davis, and the Saint Bernard. What a scene that was. The game was cancelled due to the rain, but that didn't dampen my now ex-wife and mine's exuberance. Before exiting the Riverfront, we stopped by a souvenir stand and I bought a commemorative tee shirt that had been printed to mark the clinching, a bumper sticker, and a Reds coffee mug. The bumper sticker and the ex-wife are long gone, but the tattered remains of that tee-shirt and even now shiny mug (for it never had a drop of liquid put into it) have endured the sands of time.

Some things in my life will come and go, but my love for the Cincinnati Reds will be with me until the day I die. We have had some very lean years recently in the Reds' kingdom, but better days are ahead with Mr. Castellini and Mr. Krivsky sitting at the throne of power.

Thanks for letting me join this group.

Anthony

creek14
02-19-2006, 10:39 AM
Brand new Cincy fan here living in the home of the Royals...the Omaha Royals...they can't be as bad as KC, can they?
Brand new, eh? What prompted the new love?

Welcome.

IndySportsFan01
02-20-2006, 03:39 PM
Hey all. I'm 18 and from Indiana. I'm a huge Reds fan despite them pretty much sucking most of my lifetime. My dad and uncle grew up huge Reds fans so I have grown up with them myself.

We usually make it to anywhere from 1-5 games a year, hopefully more this year.

Redsland
02-20-2006, 03:41 PM

ghettochild
02-25-2006, 12:18 PM
my name is ghettochild and i like to dance

http://strike3forums.com/forums/images/smilies/thewave.gifhttp://strike3forums.com/forums/images/smilies/pepper.gifhttp://strike3forums.com/forums/images/smilies/229031_elefant.gifhttp://strike3forums.com/forums/images/smilies/229031_pickle.gifhttp://strike3forums.com/forums/images/smilies/bananadance.gif

KronoRed
02-25-2006, 12:28 PM
http://strike3forums.com/forums/images/smilies/229031_pickle.gif

What the heck is that?!?

ghettochild
02-25-2006, 12:49 PM
its a pickle

TeamBoone
02-25-2006, 03:46 PM
Welcome! Love all your little dancing guys. Are you related to Ellen Degenerous? She loves to dance too.

KYRedsFan
02-25-2006, 08:25 PM
My alma mater. Go Cards. A welcome Cards fan, indeed!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Holla on that one. At least for football season. Welcome though.

redvedder
02-26-2006, 11:51 PM
Hi. Been reading some of the stuff on here and I'm pleasantly suprised. I've known about this board for a while, but just never took the time. Seems like everyone gets along for the most part. Anyone else here from Ohio? O.k., pretty bad joke, but I tried.

Ron Madden
02-26-2006, 11:55 PM
Welcome to RedsZone. :beerme:

Nugget
02-26-2006, 11:57 PM
its a pickle

Nah it's a dancing pickle = WMP after a fly ball.

WhiteSoxer
02-28-2006, 03:19 PM
Greetings Reds fans. I surfed here looking for any posts on the new book Red Legs and Black Sox. I'll post more in that thread.

--WhiteSoxer

EDIT: Whoops, it won't let me post in that thread. Can someone help me out?

westofyou
02-28-2006, 03:41 PM
Greetings Reds fans. I surfed here looking for any posts on the new book Red Legs and Black Sox. I'll post more in that thread.

--WhiteSoxer

EDIT: Whoops, it won't let me post in that thread. Can someone help me out?
That's the other board, you have to accrue points to get there.

But start a thread on Reds Live and we'll pile on.

WhiteSoxer
02-28-2006, 03:51 PM
That's the other board, you have to accrue points to get there.

But start a thread on Reds Live and we'll pile on.
Thanks -- I wasn't aware of the "two boards" set up. I started a new thread about the book.

--WhiteSoxer

Conner_Banks
03-01-2006, 03:30 AM
Just wanted to say whats up. New to this forum. This site looks great. From NW Ohio (Indians Country) Go Reds!!!!!!

KronoRed
03-01-2006, 12:46 PM

Birddog
03-07-2006, 01:36 PM
New to the Organization....and, new here. I hope to add to the wit and wisdom of this site as time/energy permits. Go REDS!!

Chip R
03-07-2006, 01:54 PM
Good. We sure are in dire need of some wit and wisdom. ;)

westofyou
03-07-2006, 02:06 PM
New to the Organization....and, new here. I hope to add to the wit and wisdom of this site as time/energy permits. Go REDS!!
Murrieta, CA eh... been to Anzo Berago lately.. I'm jealous.

realistic
03-15-2006, 10:21 AM
greets

im a longtime lurker . just registered as season nears

RichRed
03-15-2006, 03:36 PM
Long time lurker, first time poster.

I'm 36 years old, live in Virginia Beach, VA and have been a Reds fan for as long as I can remember (about as far back as 1977). When I was a kid, I discovered I could pick up the Reds games on WLW, even as far away as Va. Beach, and I grew up listening to Marty and Joe through the static. My first favorite player was George Foster with that smooth swinging Black Beauty bat of his.

I was a senior at James Madison University when I watched the Reds sweep the A's for the 1990 title and it still gives me goosebumps to think about it. I'm looking forward to the day when I can have that feeling again. Whenever it happens, I know it will be before the Cubs win it all, and that makes me smile a little on the inside.

I'm also a big Redskins fan but I hope nobody holds that against me. ;)

Anyway, just wanted to say I love this site and I hope to contribute in some small way.

Cheers,
RichRed

TeamBoone
03-15-2006, 05:46 PM
Welcome, RichRed.

Sounds like you have a lot in common with our own Edskin... he's a huge Reds fan and a huge Redskins fan. He has his own blog as well and lives in Oklahoma.

Glad you've decided to give up lurking in favor of joining.

Go Reds!

RFS62
03-15-2006, 11:39 PM
Welcome, RichRed.

Sounds like you have a lot in common with our own Edskin.

Hey RichRed. This should scare you a lot. Really.

Welcome.

uks2h
03-20-2006, 03:42 PM
Well, I have been searching for good Reds forums for a few years now, and I am glad I ran upon this one. It seems good so far, although I'm not sure I understand the Old Red Guard thing. Oh well.

Anyhow, I live in Richmond, Kentucky and Lancaster, Kentucky and drive up to around 15 games per season. I consider myself a hardcore fan, as I watch or listen to every game in the season, until it is so far hopeless that I can't make myself anymore.

I just want to say that I really hope the new people in the front office for the Reds will change things, and make this team better. (Although Pena being traded away is the next to worst trade they could have made in my opinion...the other being to trade Griffey, of course)

I hope there is a lot of active posters that post on this forum, since I am not allowed to post on the more active one. Thanks for welcoming me on board.

Scott

ghettochild
03-20-2006, 04:04 PM
welcome to the forums

SteelSD
03-20-2006, 04:04 PM
Hello and welcome!

And yes, both boards are very active (even in the offseason) so pull up a chair and stay a while. Best Reds website on the net!

KronoRed
03-20-2006, 04:05 PM

RedsFan75
03-20-2006, 04:09 PM
Welcome Good Sir.

Sit back, Enjoy the show. :D

And sometimes, this forum is the most active

SidneySlicker
03-20-2006, 04:22 PM
Welcom aboard. So that you are not alarmed when you read most of the messages here. The sky is falling and the reds organization, namely Narron and Krivsky don't know how to run a MLB franchise. Womack and Hatteberg are not good enough to start on 3/4 of the AAA baseball teams. Freel is the best player ever. Thats all I can think of at the moment, but I'll get back to you if I think of any more.

KittyDuran
03-20-2006, 08:25 PM
Welcom aboard. So that you are not alarmed when you read most of the messages here. The sky is falling and the reds organization, namely Narron and Krivsky don't know how to run a MLB franchise. Womack and Hatteberg are not good enough to start on 3/4 of the AAA baseball teams. Freel is the best player ever. Thats all I can think of at the moment, but I'll get back to you if I think of any more.:laugh:

KronoRed
03-20-2006, 08:53 PM
Welcom aboard. So that you are not alarmed when you read most of the messages here. The sky is falling and the reds organization, namely Narron and Krivsky don't know how to run a MLB franchise. Womack and Hatteberg are not good enough to start on 3/4 of the AAA baseball teams. Freel is the best player ever. Thats all I can think of at the moment, but I'll get back to you if I think of any more.
Mocker ;)

glorydays76
03-21-2006, 02:50 PM
Hi gang,

New member here. I been reading redsZone for quite awhile and thought I'd like to put my 2 cents worth in every now and then.

PTBNL
03-21-2006, 08:44 PM
Hi guys! AND gals!
I am new to the board and new to Cincinnati. Well, soon to be new to Cincinnati. Poking around here for the last day or so, I wanted to introduce myself and hopefully get some info that I was unable to get by way of a google or word of mouth.
Growing up in the southern states, there is only one thing (well, besides THE BIG RED MACHINE!) that I knew about Cincinnati and that was SKYLINE CHILI! :)
I mail ordered some once that came in a can and well let's just say that I am quite positive that is not the chili everyone raves about!
So first ques. --- PF Changs? I got a hit on one in West Chester - is that a suburb of Cincinnati? The food is generally good and the same every where you go. Any other suggestions? Tips?
Thanks in advance - I am just a baseball fan in general and I look forward to a learning about the Reds and talking some good baseball around here.

KittyDuran
03-21-2006, 08:54 PM
So first ques. --- PF Changs? I got a hit on one in West Chester - is that a suburb of Cincinnati? The food is generally good and the same every where you go. Any other suggestions? Tips?West Chester is probably now considered a suburb of Cincinnati - but it is actually a city on its own (and fast growing). There is also a PF Changs in Norwood at the Rookwood Commons. That's a shopping center off of I-71 in Cincinnati - you can see the restaurant from the highway.

PTBNL
03-21-2006, 09:06 PM
Thanks a lot Kitty!
Pretty big shopping center I would imagine? I am a female as well, I have to ask the pertinent ques. :D - sorry guys!
So Sidney, will you be the one to talk me off a ledge come July? ;)

KittyDuran
03-21-2006, 09:21 PM
Thanks a lot Kitty!
Pretty big shopping center I would imagine? I am a female as well, I have to ask the pertinent ques. :D - sorry guys!
So Sidney, will you be the one to talk me off a ledge come July? ;)Actually, it like a "main street" shopping center... it's not a mall, but a collection of stores and restaurants. Here's the website...

http://www.shoprookwood.com/

In West Chester, there is the Streets of West Chester right off of I-75. And there is the Deerfield Towne Center off of I-71 - their website is:

http://www.shopdeerfieldtownecenter.com/

Better yet... here is the website of the CincyUSA listing all the shopping centers/malls in the area:

http://www.cincinnatiusa.com/Attractions/bycat.asp?AttCatID=12

PTBNL
03-21-2006, 09:31 PM
Awesome! Thank you SO much - give you a holler when we blow into town :D

vermonter
03-21-2006, 10:30 PM
Hi. I'm a big baseball fan and do some semi-serious analytical work in my spare time. I'm a member over on the Red Sox site, Sons of Sam Horn, and am covering several teams for one of our forums, including the Reds and Pirates in the N.L. So mainly I lurk here, if you don't mind, but could add some general analysis here, again,if you folks don't mind.

One thing I do have, which I'll post over on the main board when I get permissions for that, is an in-depth analysis of Bronson Arroyo with some insights you won't find anywhere else. I've got to say that I am one of the few people in New England who really hated the WMP deal, which may get me excommunicated :)

Anyway, you folks have a great site over here, and lots of good insight on the Reds and baseball in general.

TeamBoone
03-21-2006, 11:08 PM
Welcome!

And, you don't need an invitation to post on Reds Live. Go for it.

thoamas
03-22-2006, 12:52 AM
Hey all.

Pastor Rusty
03-22-2006, 01:59 AM
Hello fellow Reds fans.

I must say that I am looking forward to this season. I detect that many of you are very frustrated, and there is reason, but at this point I do my very best to have positive thoughts about Reds baseball 2006.

First, Womack, a native of Virginia, I actually interviewed him when he was a Pirate, is not a bum. He can swipe bases, play decent D and lead off. I think he deserves 2B.

Second, as much as I loved Casey, I believe pitching was more important. Aurilla and Hatterburg are just as good as Casey.

I like the new GM, can't spell his name, but I like him. He is trying. He traded for a third catcher, odd with a dynamic duo like ours, but he knows so much more of what's going on than we do. LaRue for pitching, dependable pitching, yes sir, in a second I'd do that. Let it develop.

Also, I like Freel, but I don't know if he should ever be an everyday player.

By the way, I'm a Baptist pastor, living in Virginia. I grew up in Virginia during the glory years and our local station carried Reds games, so I have been a big fan from the time I was old enough to know what baseball was.

Nugget
03-22-2006, 02:17 AM
Welcome.

Just a note that the following are probably considered heresy by some at Redszone.

First, Womack, a native of Virginia, I actually interviewed him when he was a Pirate, is not a bum. He can swipe bases, play decent D and lead off. I think he deserves 2B.

Also, I like Freel, but I don't know if he should ever be an everyday player.

PTBNL
03-23-2006, 10:57 AM
Hi again!
Last request here - nightclubs with live music?
Any cool places to hang out at? Not pick-up places, just hang out, listen to some good music and get a feel for the city?
What's around near the yard? Doesn't have to have live music, just a place to have a beer & relax. Very low key. No TGIFridays :laugh:
Thanks in advance!

xtremeohio
03-25-2006, 01:45 PM
hey all!

i love the content here. i've actually been reading the forums here for about 3 months, and i've decided it's time to start posting.

i'm 25 m from dayton. huge reds/bengals/uc (really anything cincy) fan.

im cautiously optimistic about this year (but experience tells me not to expect more than 70ish wins).

i am however looking forward to seeing jay bruce and some other prospects in dayton this summer. i try to see a lot of dragons games, and actually lived with cody straight, bradley key this summer and joey votto for a couple of weeks.

anyways, GO REDS!

KronoRed
03-25-2006, 03:31 PM

Izzardius
03-26-2006, 03:20 AM
Cards fan directed here by a friend. Check profile on cardsclubhouse.com if you want to know more about me. And I know you do:cool:

YawkeyWay
03-26-2006, 10:46 AM
Hey Reds Fans,

I'm a Red Sox fan, registered here after the Arroyo-Pena trade to try and gauge the chatter on both sides (Sons of Sam Horn being the other) and I've got to say I really enjoy the general baseball talk as well.

I've been posting at a Cardinals board for a little over a year and some of their members reccomended this one after the Arroyo trade and it's really a quality baseball site. It's always refreshing to see boards that don't lock out fans of other teams.

BoydsOfSummer
03-26-2006, 03:14 PM
Welcome aboard other team guys. ramp and mattymo will show you around...

windycitybuck
03-26-2006, 05:07 PM
hello all...

Heath
03-26-2006, 06:09 PM
Hey Reds Fans,

I'm a Red Sox fan, registered here after the Arroyo-Pena trade to try and gauge the chatter on both sides (Sons of Sam Horn being the other) and I've got to say I really enjoy the general baseball talk as well.

I've been posting at a Cardinals board for a little over a year and some of their members reccomended this one after the Arroyo trade and it's really a quality baseball site. It's always refreshing to see boards that don't lock out fans of other teams.

Well, we don't pay for referrals - :D

BTW - What's it like in September on a team's message board when that team is in a pennat race. Inquiring minds want to know.

Also - sorry to fleece you Arroyo for Pena. You'll thank us later. :tongueincheek:

Welcome!

DropDocK
03-27-2006, 10:34 AM
hello

I signed up on these boards awhile back but forget my name, password and stuff. Baseball season starting again gets me geared up so hopefully I'll be more faithful this time. After all, I have little trouble tuning into a game on a regular basis. I vaguely remember the couple years before the strike. Barrys' MVP year is my first most detailed following. I would try to kick myself, if I could, for missing seeing Johnny play, but I was just a wee glimmer in my parents eyes.

Kearns and Junior all my guys (pause for your laughter)
I still think Kearns will show everybody up and have a good year. *recalls one-hop throw from RF to knock off runner trying to take 3rd in game last year vs. Marlins*

As you can probably guess from my screenname I do not care for Doc K. Any team doc nicked Doc Hollywood and does interviews with Marty needs to get a life and back to his business. Everytime I hear his name mentioned I picture him standing out on the field sharpening his butcher knife, looking for the next victim. :eek:

Anyway, this one belongs to the Reds!!!!!!!

Griffey4Prez
03-30-2006, 04:47 PM
Hows it goin everyone? Im from Jersey but am a big fan of Griffey and the Reds... Reds are looking pretty decent in pre-season so far and Griffey looks as if hell have another great year if he stays healthy(knock on wood)I think it sucks that Griffeys career has been dampered by injuries, he would be right up with Bonds(Steroids) in career homeruns slot,but anyway the team is young and i think we can be big in the future....The forums look good and i look to be here for a while.....I also make sigs and such if anyone needs anything... heres a wallpaper i made of Dunn...

http://img232.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dunn3wl.jpg

KronoRed
03-30-2006, 05:28 PM
Welcome Prez :)

tripleaaaron
03-31-2006, 04:04 PM
Hi all, I am a 23 year old new member, attend Northern Kentucky U, a transfer from UK (huge wildcats fan) and have been a Reds fan since the first day I can remember. somewhat quiet, I am an occasional poster on other reds blog sites, such as redsreporter.com, and have seen reference to redszone for some time and decided to check it out, from what I've seen this will be my new daily first stop for reds chatter. Thank you for establishing such a great site and I hope to continue with you. Go REDS!

KronoRed
03-31-2006, 04:41 PM
Welcome fellow Kentucky person :wave:

Red Leader
03-31-2006, 05:03 PM

See what you have to look forward to someday, everybody!

This place sucks you in, but its a great site, and most of the time, you won't hear more intelligent baseball discussion than here. Other times, not so much.

NatiRedGals
04-01-2006, 08:56 AM
OMG this is awesome im glad i found this site! Just wanted to say hello im Nate im 16 I have watched the reds over and over and never miss a game My mom always gets a little eh when im like mom game starts in like 5 mins hurry! lol Last year was a break through for me i went to 10 reds game and i was 8 for 10! I couldnt believe i saw 8 wins! Including the amazing openning day win!

TeamMorris
04-01-2006, 11:13 AM
Welcome Nate and all others I have missed!! I think you will enjoy it around here:)

columbusbrian
04-01-2006, 03:11 PM
I'm a columbus native, born and raised. All of my family is from Akron, even distant relatives. They are obviously Indian's fans, and I was for a while as well growing up. However, I always rooted for the reds and when I got my license, I started driving down I-71S to Cincinnati and got hooked. I live in Vermont for the time being, and I'm moving to New Zealand in August, so I won't be able to catch the end of the season no matter how good the reds do, but i'm figuring that even if they start great, we're going to see mid season trades for prospects to shore up the mess that is this organization.

I just want to add that I am a pretty big Krivsky supporter and have high hopes that things are going to be turned around pretty quick for this team and for the organization long term.

westofyou
04-01-2006, 03:18 PM
Hey CB, there's a Cincinnati native working in Crow Books up there in Burlington, so don't feel alone up there.

TeamBoone
04-01-2006, 08:01 PM
Hey CB, if you buy the Reds MLB package for 14.95 and you should be able to catch the Reds on your computer, even in New Zealand. And I believe you can watch them any time you want to, even after the original game has been played so the time difference shouldn't hurt you.

Welcome to Redszone.

DropDocK
04-02-2006, 12:08 PM
Quick question: where is the section for adding an avatar image?

Boss-Hog
04-02-2006, 12:19 PM
Quick question: where is the section for adding an avatar image?
For bandwidth considerations, avatars are reserved for those with Old Red Guard posting access.

BoomerSoonerRed
04-03-2006, 01:54 AM
Long time reader, first time poster.

I've been a Reds fan since 2003, when coincidentally enough I took in my first Reds game in the first year of the GABP. I was on a vacation with some of my co-workers and we visited several ballparks, including Cincinnati.
I'm also a longtime Texas Rangers fan, and I adopted the Reds as my National League team.
Went back to GABP in 2004 to see the Reds play the Rangers. For the first time, I actually rooted against the Rangers. Home team rules, you see, because an avid fan told me that you never cheer in another team's ballpark. Best of all, the Reds swept the three-game series.
I live in Fort Smith, Arkansas, a town on the western edge of the state right on the Oklahoma border. I've actually met a few Reds fans since I've been here, believe it or not. We need more Reds fans to offset the large number of Cardinal fans in this area, most of whom are pretty irritating if you ask me.
Glad to finally be on board at RedsZone, and I look forward to interacting with you fellow Reds fans.

MimiDunn
04-03-2006, 07:41 AM
Hey Everyone!!!

Happy Opening Day to you all! :D I'm Amber from Northern Kentucky! I'm planning on heading down to the ballpark here in a bit... I'm 22 years old. I look forward to chatting with you all!! :D

Yachtzee
04-03-2006, 11:48 AM
Greetings, newbies. Columbusbrian, I'm in Akron right now. Lived in Cuyahoga Falls for many years, left for a while, then moved to Stow a few years back.

Red Leader
04-03-2006, 11:55 AM
Greetings, newbies. Columbusbrian, I'm in Akron right now. Lived in Cuyahoga Falls for many years, left for a while, then moved to Stow a few years back.

Get a Swenson's burger for me today, Yachtzee. :beerme:

Man, I miss those.

phcaptjim
04-03-2006, 01:40 PM
Greetings!

First time poster, long time fan. I seen my first game in 78' when I was two years old and I've been to many since then. I'm very excited about opening day, I look for Griffey to be a stud this year. Looking forward to some witty banter with you fine folks.

Yachtzee
04-03-2006, 10:17 PM
Get a Swenson's burger for me today, Yachtzee. :beerme:

Man, I miss those.

Mmmmmm. Swenson's. :beerme:

If you're ever in town, drop me a line. We can hit Ray's for a few pints.

Gizmo
04-06-2006, 09:24 PM
New on board forum, lifer on the big red machine. Lookin' okay so far this season!

Redsland
04-07-2006, 03:51 PM

JohhnyBench1001
04-08-2006, 10:18 PM
Greetings to all!! I am a life long Reds fan born and raised in Dayton, OH. Unfortunatly, my career (not to mention wife and kids) has me living in Tupelo, Ms as of right now. I am glad to be here and enjoy meeting you all.........oh and am actually seeing hope for the future with the Reds, and am excited to watch it develop.

BoydsOfSummer
04-08-2006, 10:42 PM
Anybody with the moniker of John Lee Bench is okay in my book. Welcome to the Zone.

joebagnell
04-10-2006, 11:55 PM
hey yall.

KronoRed
04-10-2006, 11:59 PM
Welcome :D

Mike&Darcy
04-12-2006, 01:30 AM
Hello all from Central Ohio! We live about 30 minutes from Columbus and make it to as many Reds games as possible. When we're not in Cincy, Mike is tattooing and I'm taking care of our three rugrats.

BoydsOfSummer
04-12-2006, 05:16 PM

rah-ri
04-12-2006, 05:59 PM
hi... new here...... been to some dragons games and long time red fan.

paintmered
04-12-2006, 06:00 PM
Greetings :)

BuckWoody
04-13-2006, 12:54 PM
I joined RedsZone about a year and a half ago but just managed to make my first post yesterday...I just couldn't resist posting the Baseball Tonight funny that I had. Anyway, I thought I'd post a little intro, try to become more active, and see if I can contribute a little to the forum...and maybe, just maybe, some day I might get enough rep points to eat at the big table. :)

I am a child of the Big Red Machine as I'm sure a lot of you are. My formative years were spent listening to Marty & Joe (and Al Michaels before Marty) each summer night as I drifted off to sleep to dream of becoming the next Davey Concepcion (that never panned out, btw :( ). We'd usually go to three or four games a year back then; either through my sister's straight-A tickets or those rare but glorious Fridays when my Dad would come home from work with 4 blue boxes for a game that weekend. It cemented my love of the game and my love of the Reds, even though they've both taken their lumps over the years.

I spent my baseball time in the 80's generally being young and stupid; getting to Riverfront as often as I could for top-6 seats, lukewarm Hudepohl, and dollar dogs (thanks Marge!). Our favorite activity was, of course, trying to get past the ushers at the top of the ramps to the blue seats. Good times. :thumbup:

My girlfriend (now wife) and I were able to get in on a group with season tickets in the early 90's and we've had them ever since. There is still nothing better than a day (or night) at the yard. I take my Dad down to a few games every year in a futile attempt to try to re-pay him for the passion he instilled in me as a lad. I'm also in the process of trying to get my little girls, aged 7 and 5, interested in the game...wish me luck there. They love going to games but mostly because it's giant never-ending stream of popcorn and hot dogs and ice cream and pretzels and soda and Cracker Jack and......you get the idea. ;)

It's good to be on board. Here's to the dawn of the Castellini Era. Let's Go Reds!
http://www.free-graphics.com/clipart/Sports/Baseball_And_Softball/Go_Reds.jpg

Bill Slawski
04-13-2006, 02:12 PM
Hi all,

My first Reds game was at Crosley Field a short time after we moved from New Jersey to Hamilton, Ohio, when I was in second grade. We moved a little closer to Cincinnati a few months later, and lived in Forest Park. Becoming a Reds fan was one of the best things about the move.

Like BuckWoody posting above me, I was a Big Reds Machine child. We didn't make it to a lot of games, but we didn't miss many on television or radio either. We moved back to New Jersey about six years later, and it was tough being a Reds fan surrounded by Mets and Yankees and Phillies fans.

I'm now in Delaware, which isn't big enough to have a major leage team of its own. That's OK though. This board does a great job of letting me keep up to date with the team. I've been lurking here for a fair while, and the last couple of game threads have finally inspired me to make my first post. Thanks to all involved in making those interesting and entertaining, and to the other posters who do a wonderful job of sharing news, and thoughts and analysis of the team and baseball. :beerme:

KronoRed
04-13-2006, 03:25 PM

Bill Slawski
04-13-2006, 08:47 PM
Thanks, KronoRed. :)

Ron Madden
04-14-2006, 02:24 AM
Welcome To Reds Country Everybody.

The Best Reds Fan Forum In All The Land. :thumbup:

Wordman306
04-19-2006, 12:11 AM

ditto to that...but my problems lie with the Cincinnati.com message board. Simply too much name calling and backbiting.

I just want to talk baseball and not have players (and posters) bashed all day.

KronoRed
04-19-2006, 02:51 AM
I just want to talk baseball and not have players (and posters) bashed all day.
We just bash announcers and other teams players ;)

WhoDeyian
04-19-2006, 12:26 PM
hey, just wanted to say hello, i'm a long time reader, and first time poster of the board! I'm looking forward to talking reds baseball with everyone!

reds2221
04-19-2006, 04:02 PM
Hello, I just joined this place and I am a 4th+ generation reds fan (not too sure about my great-great grandfather). And i believe that this could be the year to turn this team around now that we have arroyo! All we need is a few more good pitchers.

Handofdeath
04-19-2006, 09:52 PM

1. Are you a Reds Fan?
4. How old are you?
5. Where are you from?

I'm sorry I've been posting and wasn't aware of the special requirements. My apologies, well here goes...

1. Yes since late 70's
2. The Reds had style and were successful plus they were on TV a lot. Also a fan of Red Sox and Royals (sigh)
3. From TRF (champion of the oppressed and molester of nurses)
4. 37 unless you're a young female then I'm 28
5. Oklahoma (insert joke here)
6. I am a Reds fan but I drink and take drugs because I am a Royals fan.
7. Nyet
8. Aren't they with TNA wrestling?
9. When I was younger I was a roadie with Gallagher. It wasn't hard finding watermelons but God help you if there wasn't chamomile tea ready for him after the show. I was fired when I suggested adding actual jokes to his act.
10. Wipe?
11. No but TRF's testicles I would cut off in a heartbeat if it meant a championship.
12. YES YES YES
13. Who else but Ryan Freel? If you have to ask why, you are not a Reds fan.
14. I would like to think class and dignity. But more likely irreverence and general snottiness
15. He's never off the DL long enough for me to find out.

WhoDeyian
04-20-2006, 12:28 PM
is there a reason it isn't letting me post on the main reds forum?

just wondering, thank you

WhoDeyian

Joseph
04-20-2006, 12:33 PM
The Old Red Guard forum is something you have to earn your way into. You should be able to post on the Reds Live forum though.

You earn your way there by gaining reputation points. Once you reach 200 you will have access to posting in ORG.

MississippiRed
04-21-2006, 10:21 AM
Hello everyone. I am a Mississippi guy who has been a Reds fan since 1968. (I was a five-year-old catcher at the time and Johnny Bench was rookie of the year, if you recall.) I spent one year in Ohio at OSU getting my M.S., so have been to Riverfront a couple of times (wins over the Pirates and Cardinals). I have also seen the Reds play in Atlanta (win over the Braves) and am undefeated in watching the BRM play.

My family is a Reds family, especially my 13-year-old son, who believes Griffey, Jr. is the best player ever. Last night, he had a league game and couldn't wait to get that Cardinals jersey off once we arrived home to catch the last few innings of the game against the Marlins.

I am a professor at Mississippi State University, home of good NCAA baseball, and look forward to talking and sharing with you in the Reds Zone. I can't wait to get to GABP soon to see the Reds.

Go REDS and go MSU Dawgs!

Mississippi Red

westofyou
04-21-2006, 10:25 AM
I am a professor at Mississippi State University, home of good NCAA baseball

Welcome... your first assignment is to dig up any legends on Reds 2nd Sacker Hughie Critz.

Critz was born in Starkville, Mississippi and attended school in his home state, at Mississippi State University. His father, Professor Colonel Critz, was a respected instructor at the school.

GeorgeGrandeson
04-21-2006, 12:12 PM
hey, i'm sure you all have heard my grandfather george grande announce the games for fox sports, which is actually the reason i created an account, and i will explain that when i get in the reds live forum!

redsmetz
04-21-2006, 12:15 PM
I just now saw this thread and realized this intro thread was here - so here goes. My son (xpetey07) first told me about Redszone and told me it generally had the best scoops on the Reds. After I joined the board, I found out I know one of the moderators, paintmered. Since he's a topnotch person, I knew the board was a good place.

I'm a 51 year old native of Cincinnati, grew up in Deer Park and Madeira, a Moeller grad (along with a gazillion MLB players, which is ironic since it was such a huge football school). Married 25 years this October with 3 kids (2 D's, 1 B) all of whom are baseball fans. My wife grew up a baseball fan too, so they come by it naturally.

I was six when the Reds won the National League pennant in 1961, so I always believed they were a good team. My maternal Grandma cried the day they traded Frank Robinson (who wouldn't?). She had a parakeet named Purkey for heaven's sake. At St. John's in Deer Park, many black Reds players who lived in Silverton and Kennedy Heights would come up to the church gym and play basketball during the winter (I never saw them, my friends always told me their dad's played them). I met Gordy Coleman at a father-son night when I was about 10, got an autographed ball from him, don't know where it went). Made it back to my first Opening Day since the new park opened thanks to a RedZoner here after going for about 17 straight years (Thanks!)

I've been in business for myself as a transportation consultant since 1979 (when i was all of 24, sheesh, what did I know) - you can see a link to my business website in my about info. We now live in Winton Place in the heart of the city, so with good traffic, we're just about 10 minutes from downtown. Nice.

It's a fun place to catch up on the Reds, a bit addictive, and I'll have to watch my time here -must work for a living.

Caveat Emperor
04-21-2006, 02:52 PM
I am a professor at Mississippi State University, home of good NCAA baseball, and look forward to talking and sharing with you in the Reds Zone. I can't wait to get to GABP soon to see the Reds.

Welcome to RZ!

Unfortunately, you're a couple hours north of the true home of great NCAA baseball :D

Roll Wave!

MississippiRed
04-21-2006, 11:21 PM
Welcome... your first assignment is to dig up any legends on Reds 2nd Sacker Hughie Critz.

When I was an undergraduate at MSU, I dated some girls who lived in Critz Hall, named after Hughie's dad. That was in the early 80's, and the old dorm is still here, but probably not for long. I don't know any more about Hughie, but will check it out in the archives the next time I am in the library.

KronoRed
04-21-2006, 11:26 PM

RisingReds
04-22-2006, 10:13 AM
1. Are you a Reds Fan? Yes
2. If so, what made you become a Reds Fan. If not, why are you on this forum? I've always been a reds fan, mandatory in this house!
3. How did you learn about RedsZone? looking for reds message boards
4. How old are you? 19
5. Where are you from? Ohio
haha, good question
7. Have you now or ever been a member of the communist party? No
8. Do you know who the Gang of 10 are? No
9. Are you now or have you ever been affliated with Richard Hand or Gallagher? No
11. Would you consider having your testicles (if you are male) cut off if it would guarentee a Reds World Championship? hmm...
12. Do you think Adam Dunn is overrated and strikes out too much? Yes!
grammar, i can spell add... lol j/k
15. Do you think Jim Edmonds is a showboater? Yes!

westofyou
04-22-2006, 10:17 AM
When I was an undergraduate at MSU, I dated some girls who lived in Critz Hall, named after Hughie's dad. That was in the early 80's, and the old dorm is still here, but probably not for long. I don't know any more about Hughie, but will check it out in the archives the next time I am in the library.
Critz Hall eh?

Very cool....

SandyD
04-22-2006, 08:57 PM

SABR meeting in New Orleans May 6th at 11am-2pm or so. You're more than welcome to attend, if you feel like making the drive. PM me for the particulars if you're interested.

This is a very informal group that just likes to talk baseball. More historical than statistical. Former ball players show up sometimes as well. And we have a few members from Mississippi.

It would be nice to have another Reds fan around, too. ;)

brewcrewfan
04-22-2006, 09:12 PM
Hey all,

Registered here, as you see by my name I am a big Brewers fan. :)

RisingReds
04-22-2006, 10:00 PM
maybe you should go post on a brewers message board!

SandyD
04-22-2006, 10:26 PM
We welcome outsiders point of view. Welcome brewcrewfan. You too, RisingReds. :)

brewcrewfan
04-22-2006, 11:02 PM
I'm a member of brewerfan.net, a big Brewers fan site. Your site was mentioned in a thread...

http://p092.ezboard.com/fbrewersfandemoniumfrm3.showMessage?topicID=11504. topic

So I signed up here. :)

paintmered
04-22-2006, 11:11 PM
We welcome outsiders point of view. Welcome brewcrewfan. You too, RisingReds. :)

Exactly. Outsiders can be just as insightful to the game of baseball. MattyMo and Ramp have contributed to the board - there's no reason why brewcrew can't too.

Welcome brewcrew.

51roscoe
04-24-2006, 12:46 PM
Hello; I am new here. My brother comes on here a lot, so I thought I would check it out. I am a huge Reds fan. I have been all my life - good times and bad. I look forward to chatting with everyone.

KronoRed
04-24-2006, 03:37 PM

zombielady
04-26-2006, 09:51 AM
1. Are you a Reds Fan? Yes
2. If so, what made you become a Reds Fan. If not, why are you on this forum? I don't know if anything made me a Reds fan.
3. How did you learn about RedsZone? It's on my computer every morning
4. How old are you? 32
5. Where are you from? Cincinnati
6. Do you drink or take drugs? If not, why are you a Reds fan? I drink
7. Have you now or ever been a member of the communist party? Maybe
8. Do you know who the Gang of 10 are? no
9. Are you now or have you ever been affliated with Richard Hand or Gallagher? no
10. Do you wipe front to back or back to front? back to front?
11. Would you consider having your testicles (if you are male) cut off if it would guarentee a Reds World Championship? If I had testes, I'd proudly trade them.
12. Do you think Adam Dunn is overrated and strikes out too much? no comment
13. Which Reds player would you most like to go on a double date with and why? Ryan Freel... why not?
14. What do you think you can ad to RedsZone? Better spelling
15. Do you think Jim Edmonds is a showboater? No comment

smith288
04-27-2006, 10:18 AM
Welcome zombielady. You wimped out on some of those questions that are leaving me in the dark about your thoughts on Dunn and Edmonds... Cmon, lets hear those thoughts. :P

DTCromer
04-27-2006, 10:23 PM
. . . hello to everyone. I just happeend to find this site by mistake. I'm a HUGE Reds fan and have only been posting on the Reds Insiders board under another name. This site is definitely more of my type. 1 quick question: How come I can't post under the regular Reds board? Great discussion, but no posting?

TeamBoone
04-27-2006, 11:23 PM
You can post on Reds Live, but not on The Old Reds Guard (read only) until you accumulate 200 rep points.

I believe you can find more information on how it works under the FAQ section.

Boss-Hog
04-28-2006, 07:02 AM
The Old Red Guard (http://www.redszone.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
To learn about gaining posting privileges to this forum, please click here (http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35437). This forum is named after one of the finest posters this site has ever had.

zombielady
04-28-2006, 10:07 AM
Welcome zombielady. You wimped out on some of those questions that are leaving me in the dark about your thoughts on Dunn and Edmonds... Cmon, lets hear those thoughts. :P

Well... Showboating is fine with me, as long as they get the job done... and Dunn... I can't say anything about it, because I jinxed him this season, so any bumbles bobbles and strike outs are all my fault...:bang:

DTCromer
04-29-2006, 02:08 AM
1. Are you a Reds Fan? What kind of question is this?
2. If so, what made you become a Reds Fan. If not, why are you on this forum? Both grandpas, and especially dad had biggest influence as they are both huge Reds fans.
3. How did you learn about RedsZone? Totally on accident
4. How old are you? 22
5. Where are you from? Indiana
No comment. ;)
7. Have you now or ever been a member of the communist party? I'm no St. Louis fan.
8. Do you know who the Gang of 10 are? No
9. Are you now or have you ever been affliated with Richard Hand or Gallagher? No, but Richard Marx
10. Do you wipe front to back or back to front? Front to back
11. Would you consider having your testicles (if you are male) cut off if it would guarentee a Reds World Championship? I'm not THAT crazy.
12. Do you think Adam Dunn is overrated and strikes out too much? You don't want to hear this from me, but I personally think he should TRADE Adam Dunn.
13. Which Reds player would you most like to go on a double date with and why? Ryan Freel because he's so dreamy.
14. What do you think you can add to RedsZone? A country boy perspective

15. Do you think Jim Edmonds is a showboater? Just ask Dan Hoard

RedsIn2006!
05-04-2006, 11:33 PM
1. Are you a Reds Fan?
No doubt

2. If so, what made you become a Reds Fan?
I have always been a Reds fan, even the past 15 terrible seasons (not all of them have been since the world series sweep, HAHA)!

BP

4. How old are you?

5. Where are you from?
Columbus

I drink

Never

Nope sure don't

Negative Skelator!

Front to back like all guys should!

No fricking doubt!

Never, he is a great player that will get better with time!

Adam Dunn to see if he can hit a home run on a date like he can at bat! HAHA!

Grammar and an educated mind, not like half these retards here. Retards don't get mad because there is a company out there called "Opportunities for the Retarded" so go check them out!

No, he is a great player that needs to go 0-5 against the reds everytime he faces us!

My name is Butch. I am 5'10" 190. 29 years old. I am preparing to play for the Ohio 30+ Baseball league this year in Ohio as a Pitcher/catcher! Anyone need someone?

DunnFan44
05-07-2006, 01:00 PM
Hello to all the Redlegs fans out there. I have been following the Reds since childhood. I live in Indiana and listen to all of the games. Marty, is the best PBP announcer. I just did a search and found this forum. I figured it would be the best forum to receive info and comments about my favorite team. Thanks for letting me voice some of my opinions or comments.
Eddie

BoydsOfSummer
05-08-2006, 06:04 PM

sampson
05-09-2006, 05:34 PM
1. Are you a Reds Fan?
since i was 5

2. If so, what made you become a Reds Fan?
my dad is the one that got me started

search engine

4. How old are you?

5. Where are you from?
cincinnati

drink

No

ummm.... no

no

gotta do both!

I wouldn't even have to consider it. I would do it in a second

No. The strikeouts could come down some, but I actually think he is underrated in the field. (not a gold glover, but better than advertised) I think his best years (especially home run wise) are still ahead of him

13. Which Reds player would you most like to go on a double date with and why? Ryan Freel. I guess just cause he is my favorite player and want to meet him.

I make a lot of observations about the reds that I think some fans miss at times. I am also very open minded and will really listen to everyone else's opinions.

YES. But he is still avery good player. (I hate the cardinals of course, but i have to give credit where credit is due)

KronoRed
05-09-2006, 06:25 PM

Maury
05-09-2006, 07:18 PM
My name is Maury Brown. I like baseball...

westofyou
05-09-2006, 07:32 PM
My name is Maury Brown. I like baseball...
All hail Maury, he of The Baseball Journals (http://www.maurybrown.com/) and another PNW resident.

noskill27
05-10-2006, 01:11 AM
Hi, my name's Will. I'm a long time reader of this site. I look forward to good baseball discussion!

Ron Madden
05-10-2006, 05:55 AM
Welcome To Reds Country! :wave: