PDA

View Full Version : BA: Prospect Hot Sheet (Guess Who's #1)

New Fever
07-02-2007, 05:35 PM
http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prospects/hotsheet/264420.html

klw
07-02-2007, 05:41 PM
And then there's the not so hot.

I see Clay Buchholz is continuing his sick ways.

OesterPoster
07-02-2007, 05:57 PM
Check out the recent chat transcript with Chris Kline on BA's site. I wasn't sure if I could copy and paste the two questions with Jay Bruce-related answers.

Just scroll through the answers and search for "bruce".

http://www.baseballamerica.com/chat/chat.php?id=2007062901&rnd=1#bottom

TOBTTReds
07-02-2007, 06:23 PM
Check out the recent chat transcript with Chris Kline on BA's site. I wasn't sure if I could copy and paste the two questions with Jay Bruce-related answers.

Just scroll through the answers and search for "bruce".

http://www.baseballamerica.com/chat/chat.php?id=2007062901&rnd=1#bottom

Is Bruce a "balls to the wall" type player? He also contradicts himself a lot there.

BRM
07-02-2007, 06:28 PM
Interesting.

Q: Gerald from St. Louis asks:
The US outfield features 4 out of the 5 big HS outfielders drafted in 2005- Rasmus, Upton, Maybin, and Bruce (missing McCutchen). Midway through 2007, how would you rank them?http://www.baseballamerica.com/chat/assets/space_clear.gif

A: Chris Kline: Shoot . . . we had so many outstanding OF to choose from on the U.S. side this year it was sick. I'm still a McCutchen fan--like big time--he's going to figure it out. I'll go weird and say Rasmus, Upton, Maybin, Bruce. I think Bruce is the best player of all of them, but he's going to run into too many walls and spend a lot of time on the DL. He's Darin Erstad . . . like the good version.

Jaycint
07-02-2007, 07:24 PM
Interesting.

He's Darin Erstad . . . like the good version.

I thought he was Larry Walker? :cry:

Superdude
07-02-2007, 07:39 PM
Does Erstad run into walls or something? I didn't get that.

RedEye
07-02-2007, 08:04 PM
I don't really see the comparison... even the good Darin Erstad wasn't Larry Walker. Maybe Bruce runs into walls, but he should be a better--or at least more powerful--hitter than Erstad ever has been.

chicoruiz
07-02-2007, 08:19 PM
I don't believe it...Scherzer's on the hot list and we haven't had any of the standard moaning about how we could have had him...my sanity thanks you.

LoganBuck
07-02-2007, 11:02 PM
I don't believe it...Scherzer's on the hot list and we haven't had any of the standard moaning about how we could have had him...my sanity thanks you.

He actually was the guy I wanted last year. The whole Boras thing made it so he wasn't a viable choice for the Reds.

OnBaseMachine
07-02-2007, 11:09 PM
Johnny Cueto is going to be a major stud for the Reds IMO. He has three above average pitches that he can throw for strikes on both sides of the plate. His stuff is slightly below that of Homer Bailey's, however, his command is better at this point. Johnny should finish this year in Chattanooga, which should earn him an invite to Spring Training in 2008 before sending him to Louisville to begin the season. I suspect we'll see him in Cincy by this time next season if he continues to pitch like he has the past two seasons.

edabbs44
07-02-2007, 11:53 PM

If Drew keeps it up, there's going to be a whole lot of people who we can moan about rather having over Stubbs.

M2
07-03-2007, 02:31 PM
If Drew keeps it up, there's going to be a whole lot of people who we can moan about rather having over Stubbs.

It should be noted Stubbs is on the Not-So-Hot list this week (for those who haven't clicked through on the BA link and read it to the end).

edabbs44
07-03-2007, 02:56 PM
It should be noted Stubbs is on the Not-So-Hot list this week (for those who haven't clicked through on the BA link and read it to the end).

You can't spell BUST without S-T-U-B-...:)

texasdave
07-03-2007, 02:57 PM

WERD. :)

BRM
07-03-2007, 03:17 PM
Was it Raisor or princeton that called the anagram for Stubbs as Bbusts?

johngalt
07-03-2007, 03:53 PM
Visions of Lincecum dancing in my head...

M2
07-04-2007, 12:39 AM
Was it Raisor or princeton that called the anagram for Stubbs as Bbusts?

princeton I believe.

Red Heeler
07-04-2007, 11:28 PM
princeton I believe.

Speaking of which, where has he been? He regularly goes off radar for a while, but he didn't weight in on the draft this year.

KronoRed
07-04-2007, 11:34 PM
Visions of Lincecum dancing in my head...

Don't remind me...

Puffy
07-05-2007, 01:38 PM
princeton I believe.

but Raisor will surely try to take the credit.....

Eric_Davis
07-05-2007, 11:56 PM

Very Creative...

On the Cueto note, that was a perfect spot start for him in AAA. He wasn't dominating High-A ball, but he had earned a promotion, but they needed to see if they could speed up his progress. So, a taste of AAA ball to wet his appetite did everything they hoped it would. He refocused himself and is dominating AA now, pitching much better than he had at A-Ball. His reponse at AA shows me that we should find him at AAA next year at the beginning of next year, unless he dominates Spring Training in 2008 to earn a spot on the 25-man roster.