PDA

View Full Version : Inside Edge Scouting

HalMorrisRules
07-12-2007, 04:07 PM
I have never seen this website posted out here before and it is quite interesting.

Inside Edge Scouting (http://inside-edge.com/teams/reds/index.htm)

Lots of player ratings as far as balls in play and % of swings that make contact, etc.

JLB5
07-12-2007, 04:33 PM
Interesting. Just clicked around a little. Noticed that Edwin doesn't hit ball in the middle of the zone as well as the corners. Exact opposite of almost anyone else. Confirmed that Dunn hits homers and walks and not much else. Horrid with 2 strikes and doesn't do much with breaking balls. Hatte may not be glamorous but he has been a darn good hitter this year.

jfleur87
07-12-2007, 06:02 PM
is this the same inside edge used in the 2k series for baseball?

TC81190
07-12-2007, 06:22 PM
is this the same inside edge used in the 2k series for baseball?

Yes.

TC81190
07-12-2007, 06:26 PM
Interesting. Just clicked around a little. Noticed that Edwin doesn't hit ball in the middle of the zone as well as the corners. Exact opposite of almost anyone else. Confirmed that Dunn hits homers and walks and not much else. Horrid with 2 strikes and doesn't do much with breaking balls. Hatte may not be glamorous but he has been a darn good hitter this year.

According to this, Dunn is extremely overrated here. And this is real life evidence here.

Screwball
07-13-2007, 11:08 AM
According to this, Dunn is extremely overrated here. And this is real life evidence here.

I'm not so sure I want to lend too much credence to a system that ends up grading Scott Hatteberg better than Ken Griffey Jr.. Hatt is having a very good season, but Griffey is easily having the best year of anyone on the team.

JLB5
07-13-2007, 11:26 AM
I'm not so sure I want to lend too much credence to a system that ends up grading Scott Hatteberg better than Ken Griffey Jr.. Hatt is having a very good season, but Griffey is easily having the best year of anyone on the team.

Well, judging by the way things are weighted, it is looking at things from more of a "pure hitter" perspective and I think Hatte has the edge there. It's not intended to rate who is having the "best season."

Not really, it just confirms he is a slugger. Dunn walks and crushes mistake pitches. We've know that for 5 years.

I thought some of the pitching results were interesting as well. Milton actually graded out very well. He gets ahead in the count, pitches effeciently, and strands runners. If he could keep from giving up gopher balls, he'd be pretty good. Stick him in a park like Petco and he'll be decent.

TC81190
07-14-2007, 02:11 AM
Well, judging by the way things are weighted, it is looking at things from more of a "pure hitter" perspective and I think Hatte has the edge there. It's not intended to rate who is having the "best season."

Not really, it just confirms he is a slugger. Dunn walks and crushes mistake pitches. We've know that for 5 years.

I thought some of the pitching results were interesting as well. Milton actually graded out very well. He gets ahead in the count, pitches effeciently, and strands runners. If he could keep from giving up gopher balls, he'd be pretty good. Stick him in a park like Petco and he'll be decent.

And the least likely to give up a hard hit ball!?! :eek:

Screwball
07-14-2007, 12:01 PM

So you're telling me you agree with them and think Hatteberg is a better pure hitter than Ken Griffey Jr.?