Degenerate39
07-12-2007, 04:55 PM
We. Don't. Need. Three. Catchers.

LvJ
07-12-2007, 04:59 PM
Same game, different name. Pathetic.

OesterPoster
07-12-2007, 05:00 PM
Only the Reds would replace an injured outfielder with a crappy catcher. I give up.

JLB5
07-12-2007, 05:04 PM
Yep, if they weren't going to use that move to get Homer back for his next start, then why not use it to get Votto a few ABs with Hatte still on the roster. Of course, I think they are keeping Votto down to learn left in case they move Dunn. He's got nothing left to prove at the dish.

thorn
07-12-2007, 05:07 PM
Didn't we just promote Bruce to LOU because they are so badly lacking in OF's? Maybe he just didn't want to take another OF from LOU due to the shortage they have. Besides, Moeller will be sent back down in a few days when Bailey returns.

CRedsLarkin11
07-12-2007, 05:20 PM
Good God

LexingtonRedsFan
07-12-2007, 05:52 PM
I thought it was pretty much "assumed" that if he went on the dl, that then homer could come back sooner than the 10 days......this does not make much sense

Fullboat
07-12-2007, 06:04 PM
It Looks Like WK wants the #1 pick after all.:thumbup:

captainmorgan07
07-12-2007, 06:08 PM
i guess wayne couldn't go to long without a player on the bench who can't hit to save his life. He had to find somebody to replace castro in the suckyness department.

Grande Donkey
07-12-2007, 06:13 PM
Homer, Bruce and Votto will all be called up at the same time.

LexingtonRedsFan
07-12-2007, 06:14 PM
It Looks Like WK wants the #1 pick after all.:thumbup:

Thats assuming that he isnt a scott boras client or also wants the moon to sign....:rolleyes:

kaldaniels
07-12-2007, 10:02 PM
Homer, Bruce and Votto will all be called up at the same time.

The board would have a meltdown when that happened, and I'd love it. (Not now of course, but when the time is right) :beerme:

nate
07-12-2007, 10:14 PM
I think Trent put it best so I shall C&P from this (http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/spring/2007/07/redlegs-mets-712.asp) post:

As for Moeller, it's a pretty easy move. That way he goes down when Bobby Livingston gets the call for Monday (that has not been announced, but that's what I'd expect). Lopez stays up with Castro out, and then the pitcher who gets called up goes down when Homer's ready to come back up. Really, it's not anything to get upset about. With Freel and Hopper already here, it's not like they needed another outfielder, they're heavy on the outfielders already. With Keppinger and Lopez already up, you have bats that can play in the infield (although, Lopez was hot the last month with the Bats, I'd still rather have Javy on the bench). Javy will be pinch hitting and you can switch for him at some time if you want now that you have a third catcher. Really, for a move like this, there's no reason to get your undies in a bunch, as it seems many of you have. It's for one series for a team that's already out of it. Seriously, settle down.

Ahhhorsepoo
07-12-2007, 10:22 PM
I would rather carry 24 men.. than have Moeller up here..

AmarilloRed
07-13-2007, 01:49 AM
There are a lot of players I would bring up, but Moeller should just be released. He serves no function for the team.

DannyB
07-13-2007, 05:35 AM
He is as good as the other 2 :help:

Orenda
07-13-2007, 09:57 AM
Instead of three catchers couldn't we get some guy who just throws gas? Im not even worried about if he would throw strikes, Im talking Nuke Laloosh control here. I would buy a ticket to watch mlb hitters just not stand in the box. Much like a homerun I believe the common man enjoys...Wild Thing...on a last place team that is.

nate
07-13-2007, 10:53 AM
Instead of three catchers couldn't we get some guy who just throws gas? Im not even worried about if he would throw strikes, Im talking Nuke Laloosh control here. I would buy a ticket to watch mlb hitters just not stand in the box. Much like a homerun I believe the common man enjoys...Wild Thing...on a last place team that is.

Nuke LaLoosh, Rick Vaughn and Mitch Williams all retired.

Ludwig Reds Fan
07-13-2007, 11:28 AM
The thing that makes me wonder about bringing Moeller up at this point is:

Really? Thats the best guy we have down there?

I mean, the season is lost. And Moeller is the best guy we have for the job?

That does not speak well for a small market team's farm system AT ALL.

So that brings the REAL question. Since rebuilding for a small market team starts through the minors... umm, when exactly does this rebuilding thing start? :( ...because if Moeller is the best thing they have got at this point, then someone needs to be fired.

nate
07-13-2007, 11:44 AM
I just don't understand all the spleen venting over this move. Moeller isn't a world beater but he lets lets you use Javy as a pinch hitter rather than a catcher's mitt owner. For better or...well...let's just say better, Castro is out and you have two infield guys in Lopez and Keppinger up from the Bats. Moeller will go down on Monday when they recall whatever pitcher they're going to recall.

durl
07-13-2007, 03:16 PM
I just don't understand all the spleen venting over this move. Moeller isn't a world beater but he lets lets you use Javy as a pinch hitter rather than a catcher's mitt owner. For better or...well...let's just say better, Castro is out and you have two infield guys in Lopez and Keppinger up from the Bats. Moeller will go down on Monday when they recall whatever pitcher they're going to recall.

I'm with you. I believe Valentin wants more time behind the plate but he's not great back there. I don't think of Javy as the 2nd catcher as much as I view him as a pinch-hitter. That's his primary role.

boognish
07-13-2007, 03:17 PM
Nuke LaLoosh, Rick Vaughn and Mitch Williams all retired.

Anyone remember Brad Pennington?

Degenerate39
07-13-2007, 03:22 PM
Maybe they should just call up Jay Bruce :thumbup:

Orenda
07-14-2007, 11:26 AM
Anyone remember Brad Pennington?

No. But seriously if the reds were getting toppled I'd like to see a guy on the mound who is throwing upper 90's with no idea where the ball is going. I might even quit doing the wave to watch! Will he hit the batter? Will he throw it to the backstop? Will he throw a strike? Will he walk a guy on four straight pitches? Ok nevermind, that would get old too....back to the wave!

AmarilloRed
07-21-2007, 02:54 PM
When is Hamilton coming off the DL? Hopper and Freel are not the answer. Freel is good enough as a substitute, but he is not a starting player. Hopper is at best a fourth outfielder. It's scary how much we need Josh Hamilton.:scared: