PDA

View Full Version : Jay Bruce trading cards

Chi-Town Red
07-15-2007, 01:33 PM
Im a small collector not a dealer or anything...i have been looking to purchase as many Jay Bruce cards as possible...which do u think will be higher in value...
2005 Bowman Sterling/refract Jersey Jay Bruce Autograph Auto REDS...or
2005 Topps Chrome refract JAY BRUCE Auto Rookie...any input would be great or any other suggestions

Chi-Town Red
07-15-2007, 01:34 PM
sorry maybe this should have been posted in the Minor League forum:eek:

Vada Pinson Fan
07-15-2007, 06:34 PM
I'd go with the 2005 Bowman refract. auto. rookie. Has either one been slabbed? Bowman cards seem to gather more interest overall even though both are Topps brands.

Have you heard... Upper Deck has an offer to buy Topps for approximately $10+ a share? I think it's in the hands of the Topps stockholders last time I checked (10 - 12 days ago). http://www.beckett.com is the addy where I believe I saw the article. May or may not be there now.

Also Chi-Town be careful if you are thinking of making multiple purchases of Jay Bruce cards. I did with Eric Davis and lost money by doing just that. Doesn't always apply such as hoarding up as many Albert Pujols cards as possible. Others include Ichiro, ARod, Jeter and Bonds to name a few.

REDblooded
07-15-2007, 09:16 PM
I'm pretty good with this stuff. Over time, the Bowman Sterling should be more valuable. It's WAY more limited (i know the sterling has a print run of 199 on the refractors, not sure what the Topps Chrome is, but I think it run's above or near 500). Also, retail for a pack of Bowman Sterling runs almost what you would originally pay for a BOX of topps chrome. Also, Bowman Sterling being a high-end product, it's usually made better, and there are less flaws, and greater chance of the card grading higher if you want to have it slabbed.

REDblooded
07-15-2007, 09:18 PM
Also, if you go the route of buying a graded card, avoid BCCG. Some people will overpay for it because it has beckett's name on it, but it's a very low level of grading. If you can get a BGS 9.5 with a 10 auto, you'll pay the most, but you know you're getting something mint. I believe that will run you 150-200 on a Bruce Sterling Refractor.

Chi-Town Red
07-15-2007, 09:39 PM
thanks guys all good points...i actually was bidding on a 05 topps black chrome auto refract(ungraded)1 of 200 yesterday..it sold for 225.00...i didnt get it

Chi-Town Red
07-15-2007, 09:43 PM
I'd go with the 2005 Bowman refract. auto. rookie. Has either one been slabbed? Bowman cards seem to gather more interest overall even though both are Topps brands.

Have you heard... Upper Deck has an offer to buy Topps for approximately $10+ a share? I think it's in the hands of the Topps stockholders last time I checked (10 - 12 days ago). http://www.beckett.com is the addy where I believe I saw the article. May or may not be there now.

Also Chi-Town be careful if you are thinking of making multiple purchases of Jay Bruce cards. I did with Eric Davis and lost money by doing just that. Doesn't always apply such as hoarding up as many Albert Pujols cards as possible. Others include Ichiro, ARod, Jeter and Bonds to name a few. i know about the buyout...i also know its kind of a crap shoot when looking at future stars...but that seems the only way to get really good cards at a reasonable price...i loaded up on Dunn in 2001...and unless he gets to 500 HR it might have been a waste...but i have a few gems tucked away

Chi-Town Red
07-15-2007, 10:05 PM
2005 Bowman Sterling JAY BRUCE Red Refractor 1/1 auto Buy It Now price: US $4,999.99

REDblooded
07-15-2007, 10:53 PM
yeah, that's about right on the black refractors. I think you can land one of the sterling for a bit cheaper, and it's a more limited print run.

mroby85
07-16-2007, 01:26 AM
sorry maybe this should have been posted in the Minor League forum:eek:

behold, the board police has arrived, lol.