PDA

View Full Version : Freel is horrible

Matt700wlw
07-20-2007, 02:22 PM
His words, not mine...

From last night's postgame:

Freel: "I feel like I can compete and be an unbelievalbe player at one time and then I feel like Iíve never played baseball in my entire life. I have to be more consistent. When you have a leadoff hitter with a .294 on-base percentage, thereís no excuse for that. Thatís horrible. Itís a big key, getting on base for these guys, the superstars on this team, Griffey and Dunn, thereís a lot you can do. But Iíve been doing a lot of right turns on first base and heading to the dugout. Iím professional, Iíll be accountable."

Freel: "I just absolutely suck this year. Iím (censored) horrible. Iím a professional, the numbers donít lie. Iím flat-out horrible. I flat-out suck. Itís frustrating. Go ahead, print it, itís not anything somebody else isnít saying."

TOBTTReds
07-20-2007, 02:39 PM
Strange that came AFTER last nights great game..but....I love this attitude. He cares.

jojo
07-20-2007, 02:43 PM
He really should've hit that ball in the eighth farther.... :D

Yachtzee
07-20-2007, 03:39 PM
Does anybody know Farney's take on this?

Johnny Footstool
07-20-2007, 03:42 PM
He really should've hit that ball in the eighth farther.... :D

Maybe if he would have swung hard...

:laugh:

BCubb2003
07-20-2007, 05:15 PM
Does anybody know Farney's take on this?

Farney's the one who reads RedsZone.

oneupper
07-20-2007, 05:16 PM
Every player/athlete has had "moments of competence/greatness".

Heck, I've made diving catches in the OF, 40-ft putts and an incredible returns (tennis). But I can't do any of those things (plus others) consistently. That's why I suck at these sports/games.

And that, Ryan, is WHY you are horrible. Sorry.