PDA

View Full Version : Why is EZ in Louisville???

kaldaniels
07-21-2007, 12:06 AM
This probably is a dumb question, but what is the deal with EZ still being in Louisville. I have to think he is a better option than Matt B right now, and despite a few rough outings, I was quite pleased with his improvement last year.

His stats look good this year, I know he was hurt for a bit...but still. Shouldn't he be an option at this point. What gives???

CTA513
07-21-2007, 12:11 AM
Im not sure if hes been activated yet or if hes still on a rehab assignment.

reds44
07-21-2007, 12:12 AM
This probably is a dumb question, but what is the deal with EZ still being in Louisville. I have to think he is a better option than Matt B right now, and despite a few rough outings, I was quite pleased with his improvement last year.

His stats look good this year, I know he was hurt for a bit...but still. Shouldn't he be an option at this point. What gives???
I'm a Elizardo supporter, but he had marignal stuff to begin with. After Narron made his arm explode, I doubt he is back to full strength after only 7 starts. He needs to build his arm back up and be on the top of his game. He's given up 52 baserunners in only 39 innings, so he's not exactly dominating.

We'll see him again in Cincinnati, just not yet.

AmarilloRed
07-21-2007, 01:28 AM
He did do well enough last year to be our no.3 starting pitcher most of last year. If he had not been injured, he might still be in Cincinnati. I think if he gets back to normal the rest of the year, we could see him in spring training.

camisadelgolf
07-21-2007, 09:37 AM
Last year, through July, Lizard looked pretty good. His pitches had a lot of movement, he was keeping the ball down, and he showed good command. Then, in August, you could see that something was different. He wasn't throwing quite the same way, and he was giving up more walks and hits. His ERA through July was 4.22, and in August, it was 19.13. I think the Reds were just late in recognizing that Elizardo was injured. If he ever again pitches like he did at the beginning of last year, I don't think it will be long before he returns to the DL. I'm just not convinced his shoulder has enough in it to compensate for his lack of stuff.

TC81190
07-21-2007, 11:32 PM
I'm a Elizardo supporter, but he had marignal stuff to begin with. After Narron made his arm explode, I doubt he is back to full strength after only 7 starts. He needs to build his arm back up and be on the top of his game. He's given up 52 baserunners in only 39 innings, so he's not exactly dominating.

We'll see him again in Cincinnati, just not yet.

:rolleyes::laugh:

reds44
07-21-2007, 11:37 PM
:rolleyes::laugh:
Pitching a guy in relief, then starting him the day after is always a good idea.

camisadelgolf
07-22-2007, 12:26 AM
"He was scheduled to throw that day anyway."