PDA

View Full Version : 07-22-2007 Minor League Updates

BearcatShane
07-22-2007, 01:07 PM
Elizardo Ramirez vs Clay Buchholz.

BearcatShane
07-22-2007, 01:13 PM
Votto drills one to first, it deflected of Pawtucket's first basemen's glove and goes into right for a 2 out single.

uoduck1017
07-22-2007, 01:18 PM
Wow, the Bats have had two tough opposing pitchers in a row in Schilling and Bucholz.

BearcatShane
07-22-2007, 01:18 PM
Wow, the Bats have had two tough opposing pitchers in a row in Schilling and Bucholz.

Yep, good test for Votto and Bruce.

dougdirt
07-22-2007, 01:21 PM
Elizardo Ramirez gets through the first inning allowing just a base runner on an error by Paul Janish.

BearcatShane
07-22-2007, 01:26 PM
Bruce K's.

BearcatShane
07-22-2007, 01:45 PM
Votto gets a sac fly in his second AB. It was Dickerson's speed that got him the sac fly.

BearcatShane
07-22-2007, 02:01 PM
Bruce K's again.

BearcatShane
07-22-2007, 02:37 PM
Votto lines a single into right. Buchholz is out of the game now.

BearcatShane
07-22-2007, 02:40 PM
Bruce gets an RBI single.

Chi-Town Red
07-22-2007, 02:49 PM
we must bring Votto up after the trading deadline

dougdirt
07-22-2007, 03:21 PM
Elizardo Ramirez exits the game with runners on 1st and 2nd. Medlock in to replace him.

ER - 6.2ip, 5h, 1r, 1bb, 3K.

AmarilloRed
07-22-2007, 03:32 PM
Elizardo Ramirez exits the game with runners on 1st and 2nd. Medlock in to replace him.

ER - 6.2ip, 5h, 1r, 1bb, 3K.

That line will help those who want to see EZ back on the Reds.

dougdirt
07-22-2007, 03:32 PM
Medlock walked the first batter to laod the bases but struck out the next batter to end the inning.

Bats lead 8-1 after 7.

dougdirt
07-22-2007, 03:41 PM
Joey Votto doubled and a batter later Jay Bruce singled in 2 more and the Bats lead 11-1 now.

Votto is 3-3 with a walk, 2 runs and 2 RBI.

Bruce is 2-5 with 3 RBI and a run scored.

toledodan
07-22-2007, 03:47 PM
Joey Votto doubled and a batter later Jay Bruce singled in 2 more and the Bats lead 11-1 now.

Votto is 3-3 with a walk, 2 runs and 2 RBI.

Bruce is 2-5 with 3 RBI and a run scored.

call both up after the game.:beerme:

dougdirt
07-22-2007, 03:58 PM
Calvin Medlock has now pitched 1.1 innings. 1h, 1bb, 3K.

HBP
07-22-2007, 04:01 PM
The Marlins would've brought up Votto and Bruce a month ago. No idea if that would be wise but just sayin'

dougdirt
07-22-2007, 04:01 PM
Sarasota got killed 13-4 today.

The offense had 11 hits, but the pitching allowed 9 earned runs and 4 unearned runs.

Dayton is tied at 0 in the 3rd. Drew Stubbs is 2-2 with a double. He has the only hits for the Dragons. Juan Francisco is 0-1 with a walk.

dougdirt
07-22-2007, 04:02 PM
The Marlins would've brought up Votto and Bruce a month ago. No idea if that would be wise but just sayin'

No, the Marlins would have brought Votto up last season when he was tearing through the Southern League.

HBP
07-22-2007, 04:50 PM
No, the Marlins would have brought Votto up last season when he was tearing through the Southern League.

Probably. At least started the year in the majors.

flyer85
07-22-2007, 05:04 PM
Probably. At least started the year in the majors.Hermida has struggled over the last year. If a player isn't ready they are going to struggle.

BTW, Votto seems to be ready now.

Chi-Town Red
07-22-2007, 05:07 PM
I forsee alot of changes in the next few weeks...

texasdave
07-22-2007, 05:49 PM
A Drew Stubbs double in the 8th brings home Cozart to tie the game up at 2 apiece. 2 doubles and a single for Stubbs on the day. OPS is up to .770 according to my (not-very-official) calculations.

reds44
07-22-2007, 07:52 PM
Just got back from the Dragons game, and here are my thoughts on the last two nights

-Drew Stubbs
He was what we all wanted him to be the last two night. Outside of a baserunning blunder today, he played flawless. Had a superb aproach at the plate and drove the ball to all fields. Also showed his speed with an infield hit. Showed some serious range too. I came away impressed

-Jaun Francsico
If he puts it together, watch out. So much raw potential. His ability to drive the ball with so much ease is amazing. He is not big at all, but he has a smooth swing and goes to all fields. Also has above average speed. He reminds me off EE at 3rd. Makes the great play, but boots the return one. Kind of slings the ball like Edwin also.

-Cozart
Fantastic fielder. Good range and quick hands. Could turn the DP in his sleep. Made a great diving play at SS last night. Bat is still a work in progress, but he had a double today.

-Mateo and Geronimo
Both have electric stuff. Geronimo had a variety of pitches he can throw for strikes. Geronimo got into a bit of trouble today, but I still came away impressed

-DeJesus
Was unhittable in nearly 5 innings last night. Good stuff. Talked to the Dragons pitching coach before the game today, and he says when DeJesus gets ahead of guys he is unhittable.

And on a side not, all love all the guys in the Dragons bullpen. I sat right behind their bullpen the last 2 days, and they are just awesome. They are a fantastic group a guy who know how to have fun.

I have some pitctures that I took with my phone, and if they turned out ok I'll post them later.

REDblooded
07-22-2007, 08:33 PM
Hermida has struggled over the last year. If a player isn't ready they are going to struggle.

I think Hermida's struggles are a result of time missed due to injury. It seems to be really tough on a young hitter to get called up, and then battle through injuries. I believe that's the only reason Kearns has turned out to be the player he now is.

PuffyPig
07-22-2007, 08:39 PM
Just got back from the Dragons game, and here are my thoughts on the last two nights

-Drew Stubbs
He was what we all wanted him to be the last two night. Outside of a baserunning blunder today, he played flawless. Had a superb aproach at the plate and drove the ball to all fields. Also showed his speed with an infield hit. Showed some serious range too. I came away impressed

-Jaun Francsico
If he puts it together, watch out. So much raw potential. His ability to drive the ball with so much ease is amazing. He is not big at all, but he has a smooth swing and goes to all fields. Also has above average speed. He reminds me off EE at 3rd. Makes the great play, but boots the return one. Kind of slings the ball like Edwin also.

-Cozart
Fantastic fielder. Good range and quick hands. Could turn the DP in his sleep. Made a great diving play at SS last night. Bat is still a work in progress, but he had a double today.

-Mateo and Geronimo
Both have electric stuff. Geronimo had a variety of pitches he can throw for strikes. Geronimo got into a bit of trouble today, but I still came away impressed

-DeJesus
Was unhittable in nearly 5 innings last night. Good stuff. Talked to the Dragons pitching coach before the game today, and he says when DeJesus gets ahead of guys he is unhittable.

And on a side not, all love all the guys in the Dragons bullpen. I sat right behind their bullpen the last 2 days, and they are just awesome. They are a fantastic group a guy who know how to have fun.

I have some pitctures that I took with my phone, and if they turned out ok I'll post them later.

THanks. You are very lucky to see the games.

Your report on Stubbs is particularly encouraging.

reds44
07-22-2007, 08:40 PM
THanks. You are very lucky to see the games.

Your report on Stubbs is particularly encouraging.
Yeah I know. I'm thinking about going again tomorrow if I can get some of my friends to go with me.

SirFelixCat
07-22-2007, 11:35 PM
Damn that Stubbs guy...not taking a BB in the game. ;)

I'm loving seeing this kid come back around! :thumbup:

tbball10
07-22-2007, 11:51 PM
todd frazier had 2 hits and his first homer for billings. brandon waring hit his 5th hr in the 4-0 win.

i also saw yesterday that 1st round comp. pick kyle lotzkar pitched a scoreless inning for the GCL Reds, but the game was postponed due to rain, so i dont know if the stats counted.

AmarilloRed
07-23-2007, 01:04 AM
Hermida has struggled over the last year. If a player isn't ready they are going to struggle.

He is ready now. He is only awaiting a trade of Conine or Hatteberg to be called up.

Eric_Davis
07-23-2007, 02:52 AM
Bringing up Votto is assuming that:

A) The REDS have traded Hatteberg, or they are willing to bring Hatteberg off the bench so Votto could continue to hit every day. Votto must start nearly every day whereever he is.

,...and,...

B) The REDS have traded Conine, or they are willing to bring Conine off the bench so Votto could continue to hit every day.

Conine and Hatteberg have different values to the REDS.

If the REDS keep Conine through the end of the year, they'll get nothing for him if another club signs him to a contract next year, as he won't qualify as a Type-A of Type-B player.

Hatteberg, however, because of the year he is having will bring his status up to a Type-B player. If the REDS don't pick up his option ($1.85M) and another club signs him "before Dec 2", the REDS will receive a supplemental pick between the 1st and 2nd round in the 2008 amateur draft.

I don't think sitting Hatteberg for two months will encourage another team to sign him to a contract before Dec 2nd, and it might drop his status from a Type-B player to that of a player that earns for the REDS no compensation.

It's best for the team and for Votto to just keep getting at-bats in AAA for the rest of the AAA season.

He's starting at 1B on Opening Day in 2008 for the REDS no matter what and he won't be put in and out of the lineup the way Kearns was and Edwin has been.

BearcatShane
07-23-2007, 04:00 AM
What is Waring's average? Wasn't he the college baseball home run leader?

BearcatShane
07-23-2007, 04:11 AM
Nevermind, I looked it up.

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=Waring%20%203B&pos=&sid=t513&t=p_pbp&pid=519397

He's looking very impressive so far.

icehole3
07-23-2007, 06:51 AM
Bringing up Votto is assuming that:

A) The REDS have traded Hatteberg, or they are willing to bring Hatteberg off the bench so Votto could continue to hit every day. Votto must start nearly every day whereever he is.

,...and,...

B) The REDS have traded Conine, or they are willing to bring Conine off the bench so Votto could continue to hit every day.

Conine and Hatteberg have different values to the REDS.

If the REDS keep Conine through the end of the year, they'll get nothing for him if another club signs him to a contract next year, as he won't qualify as a Type-A of Type-B player.

Hatteberg, however, because of the year he is having will bring his status up to a Type-B player. If the REDS don't pick up his option ($1.85M) and another club signs him "before Dec 2", the REDS will receive a supplemental pick between the 1st and 2nd round in the 2008 amateur draft.

I don't think sitting Hatteberg for two months will encourage another team to sign him to a contract before Dec 2nd, and it might drop his status from a Type-B player to that of a player that earns for the REDS no compensation.

It's best for the team and for Votto to just keep getting at-bats in AAA for the rest of the AAA season.

He's starting at 1B on Opening Day in 2008 for the REDS no matter what and he won't be put in and out of the lineup the way Kearns was and Edwin has been.

I agree, unless you move those two no reason to bring up Votto. Now if you move them and or Dunn then yes bring him up...he must play everyday. I have no problem either way.