PDA

View Full Version : Yankees interested in Conine?

BearcatShane
07-25-2007, 08:39 AM
"Add the Reds' Jeff Conine to the list of veteran first-base types the Yankees are considering. The Yankees have refrained from acquiring the Devil Rays' Ty Wigginton for reliever Scott Proctor while considering their other options."

If they would give us Scott Proctor for Hatteberg I'd do that. I wonder why they would ask for Conine over Hatteberg? Do they want a right handed bat? Or have we made Hatte unavailable? Wigginton hits for more power than Hatte but he makes less contact and I just think Hatteberg would help that Yankee lineup more than Wigginton.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7056962

Chi-Town Red
07-25-2007, 08:46 AM
I don't think Hatty is unavailable, who knows why they want Conine...maybe the price for Dunn is too high..

Ludwig Reds Fan
07-25-2007, 01:00 PM
Ask yourselves, what would YOU give up for Jeff Conine...

Muggerd
07-25-2007, 03:47 PM
Id give kyle lohse for Conine

Hey Meat
07-25-2007, 04:50 PM
Id give kyle lohse for Conine

What?

He can rake
07-25-2007, 04:52 PM
Its obvious that the Reds need to make some room at 1st base. Votto is ready to get up here, he's bored in AAA. Having the Yankees in on one of the 1st basemen is a definite plus for the reds, although they won't likely spend too much time driving the price of Conine up. The more teams interested the better. But lets be cautious, many GMs have said that sometimes phony rumors are planted in the media to help a team get what it wants, so it may possibly be a ploy to drive down the price of Ty Wigginton.

Muggerd
07-25-2007, 05:35 PM
What?

lol

Muggerd
07-25-2007, 05:36 PM
With how the reds are they would rather trade votto than acutally give him a shot. Just look at Edwin. They would rather bench him 3 days a week to play Ryan Freel.