PDA

View Full Version : Rosenthal: Yankees also looking at Conine

Reds Fanatic
07-25-2007, 10:51 AM
This is from Ken Rosenthals latest column:

Add the Reds' Jeff Conine to the list of veteran first-base types the Yankees are considering. The Yankees have refrained from acquiring the Devil Rays' Ty Wigginton for reliever Scott Proctor while considering their other options.

RedLegSuperStar
07-25-2007, 10:53 AM
As long as the Reds don't get stuck with Proctor or Farnsworth

NJReds
07-25-2007, 11:07 AM
I've said it before...give me Edwar Ramirez (http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=Edwar%20Ramirez&pos=P&sid=t531&t=p_pbp&pid=469735)and I'll pick up Conine at the airport and drive him to the Bronx.

oneupper
07-25-2007, 11:09 AM
6'3" 150 LB?

Wow.

NJReds
07-25-2007, 11:13 AM
He got a cup of coffee with the big club.

He struck out the side in a perfect inning v. the Twins. Gave up a run but got a win in his second outing. In the third, he walked four. However he hadn't pitched for two weeks.

Torre is intrigued by his stuff, but has lately turned his attention to Chamberlain and Kennedy as guys who might fill out the pen if they dump Farnsworth.

I'm not expecting much for Conine. But this kid has good minor league stats, seems a worthy risk and is not in the forefront of the Yankees plans.

Chip R
07-25-2007, 11:22 AM
6'3" 150 LB?

Wow.

He'd look like a thermometer when the Reds play at home on Sundays.

Red Leader
07-25-2007, 12:09 PM

I know you heard this somewhere else, you just aren't that original or funny to make this up on your own.

C'mon, fess up, where'd you hear it? :mooner:

gm
07-25-2007, 01:29 PM

Bill Cosby's gang had a skinny kid they'd use to fetch the football when it rolled into the storm drain

Ball Four flashback: Jim Coates was the only ballplayer who was physically afraid of his wife

Redsland
07-25-2007, 02:12 PM
Ball Four flashback: Jim Coates was the only ballplayer who was physically afraid of his wife
Chuck Finley says hi.

:)

Big Klu
07-25-2007, 03:15 PM
Bill Cosby's gang had a skinny kid they'd use to fetch the football when it rolled into the storm drain

Weird Harold. He was 6'5" and weighed 50 lbs.

gm
07-25-2007, 04:54 PM
I know you heard this somewhere else, you just aren't that original or funny to make this up on your own.

C'mon, fess up, where'd you hear it? :mooner:

I remember hearing a great nickname about a skinny guy with a flat top. His 'friends' called him "finishing nail" ;)