PDA

View Full Version : today from BP

REDblooded
07-25-2007, 12:50 PM
The Reds find themselves in the same place they were at the start of the month, sitting on commodities that they think are more valuable than everyone else does. I'm not saying they're right or wrong, but the idea that this is a pure seller's market isn't true. There's a very limited group of teams that need Ken Griffey, Jr. and none of those--save the Cubs--are on his list of places he'd go. Adam Dunn is willing to go anywhere, knowing he'll cash in on the free agent market if he's dealt, but thus far, no one has met Krivsky's price; given what I'm hearing, I don't think that price is coming down. The Reds have spurned any feelers on David Weathers, and are trying to push Todd Coffey instead.

uoduck1017
07-25-2007, 02:42 PM
I find it very hard to believe a team that is doing as bad as the Reds would keep a David Weathers and look to trade a Todd Coffey. Weathers might have one more good year in him, but that's probably it. Coffey on the other hand could help many years down the road if he gets things turned around.

Muggerd
07-25-2007, 02:47 PM
What makes you think coffey is ever going to be any good? Hes sucked every outing this year.

redsfanmia
07-25-2007, 02:49 PM
What makes you think coffey is ever going to be any good? Hes sucked every outing this year.

Not every outing just the ones where he was asked to hold a lead.

uoduck1017
07-25-2007, 02:50 PM

Maybe he is just having a bad year. Maybe he is injured. The point I was trying to make was David Weathers is really not the future of the team. A team that is rebuilding trades away the older guys and lets the younger guys play. If Coffey continues to struggle, though, he probably doesn't have much of a future either.

Muggerd
07-25-2007, 02:53 PM
Maybe he is just having a bad year. Maybe he is injured. The point I was trying to make was David Weathers is really not the future of the team. A team that is rebuilding trades away the older guys and lets the younger guys play. If Coffey continues to struggle, though, he probably doesn't have much of a future either.

If he was injured would he be running out to the mound every time? Seriously. Lets sprint out to the mound as a 280 pound guy while the 1st batter i face hits .450 off me. I SEE NO CORRELATION BETWEEN THE TWO.

Neither guy is a future part of this team.

Muggerd
07-25-2007, 02:54 PM
Not every outing just the ones where he was asked to hold a lead.

For some reason our managers keep putting him out there when there is a lead. Same with Stanton. Id rather lose every game with a bullpen filled full of rookies than a bullpen full of fat asses that cant get anyone out.

Ludwig Reds Fan
07-25-2007, 03:59 PM
The Reds have spurned any feelers on David Weathers, and are trying to push Todd Coffey instead.

I'd like to be a fly on the wall for THAT conversation... :D

Kriv: Well Weathers is off limits but let me tell ya about Coffey.

Other GM: I'm listening..

Kriv: Coffey is a great pitcher.

Other GM: Great!

Kriv: Unless.

Other GM: Unless what?!

Kriv: (pauses) (snickering)

Other GM: Hello? Is that laughter I hear?!

Kriv: (Hangs up the phone, the room erupts in laughter) "I can always keep a straight face up until the point when I have to start talking about Coffey. Get the Cubs on the line, I want to try again. And no funny faces this time, Bob. "

REDblooded
07-25-2007, 03:59 PM
Coffey has a CAREER whip, of over 1.40. I don't see any reason to believe he's just having an off year. TODD COFFEY IS WHO WE THOUGHT HE WAS! IF YOU WANT TO CROWN HIM CHAMPION, GO AHEAD! TODD COFFEY IS WHO WE THOUGHT HE WAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Homer Bailey
07-25-2007, 04:03 PM

Kriv: (Hangs up the phone, the room erupts in laughter) "I can always keep a straight face up until the point when I have to start talking about Coffey. Get the Cubs on the line, I want to try again. And no funny faces this time, Bob. "

LOL that one is classic.

uoduck1017
07-25-2007, 04:04 PM
Coffey has a CAREER whip, of over 1.40. I don't see any reason to believe he's just having an off year. TODD COFFEY IS WHO WE THOUGHT HE WAS! IF YOU WANT TO CROWN HIM CHAMPION, GO AHEAD! TODD COFFEY IS WHO WE THOUGHT HE WAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh: Good mix of football and baseball there.

Degenerate39
07-25-2007, 04:20 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

ChatterRed
07-25-2007, 04:31 PM

Laughed myself into tears. Great one.

Chi-Town Red
07-25-2007, 07:15 PM
nobody wants Coffey, thats why no deals have been done yet...you cant just give Dunn away....i bet he stays until the off season