PDA

View Full Version : Trade Lohse...

BearcatShane
07-25-2007, 09:18 PM
I believe the Reds were going to let Lohse have this last start before they trade him hoping he'd have a decent start and maybe they could get a little better prospect than they would have gotten. 5 and 2/3rds of 1 run baseball is not too bad. I would not be suprised to see him gone by this time tomorrow. I think we might be able to get a AA arm with potential for him too.

Muggerd
07-25-2007, 09:26 PM
Id rather resign Lohse than us spend the money on over priced crappy relievers in the off season.

BearcatShane
07-25-2007, 09:29 PM
You wanna give Lohse a 4 year 32 million dollar contract?

Chi-Town Red
07-25-2007, 09:29 PM
The guy is so hot and cold...you wonder if it's all just mental ?

Muggerd
07-25-2007, 09:32 PM
You wanna give Lohse a 4 year 32 million dollar contract?

Depends on who we spend that money on.

BearcatShane
07-25-2007, 09:37 PM
If they give Lohse a 4 year 32 million dollar deal I and the whole city would be furious. They could spend that on possibly Linebrink or some of the other good relievers out there.

BearcatShane
07-25-2007, 09:38 PM

Maybe. He gives up a lot of 2 strike hits. Maybe he doesn't have an out pitch.

Muggerd
07-25-2007, 09:42 PM
If they give Lohse a 4 year 32 million dollar deal I and the whole city would be furious. They could spend that on possibly Linebrink or some of the other good relievers out there.

Reds management would likely give a 4 year deal to Bob Wickman before they made a decent move like that.

uoduck1017
07-25-2007, 10:28 PM
I would definately try to trade Lohse while his value is high. If the return isn't that great, see if the other team wanted Weathers to sweeten the deal. I have a good feeling that Wayne will hold out for the best offer and hopefully get at least a Linebrink-like return.

AmarilloRed
07-25-2007, 11:24 PM
I just don't think we have any chance to sign him in the offseason. He has Scott Boras as his agent, and it would be extremely difficult to sign him. Kyle has said he is willing to make a deal with the reds; however the odds are against the Reds being able to sign him. Given this, there will be a lot of pressure on the Reds to trade Lohse for the best deal they can get.

jmac
07-25-2007, 11:44 PM
Reds management would likely give a 4 year deal to Bob Wickman before they made a decent move like that.

:help:

Maldez
07-26-2007, 12:36 AM
I have to believe Lohse's early exit today against the Brewer's is a sign he's as good as traded. He had the win under his belt and his pitching line was pretty decent so why risk lousing-up his numbers and queering the deal by letting him go on?

Gotta believe Kyle Lohse is outta here.

Moosie52
07-26-2007, 07:47 AM
He's either out of here, or he's the second coming of Eric Milton.

ChatterRed
07-26-2007, 08:14 AM
He actually looked good last night. He made a few guys look really bad. I think it is mental with Lohse. Plus he pitches well at home. It's the road that's the problem.

Maybe we should keep him and have 6 starting pitchers next year. We can sign some starting pitcher in the offseason that is better on the road than at home. Then we can have Lohse start the games at home and the new guy start on the road.

Hahaha.

Jefferson24
07-26-2007, 08:49 AM
He actually looked good last night. He made a few guys look really bad. I think it is mental with Lohse. Plus he pitches well at home. It's the road that's the problem.

Maybe we should keep him and have 6 starting pitchers next year. We can sign some starting pitcher in the offseason that is better on the road than at home. Then we can have Lohse start the games at home and the new guy start on the road.

Hahaha.

I've heard worse suggestions.

klw
07-26-2007, 12:56 PM

PEr Rotowire: Lohse has some bizarre home/road splits.

News: Lohse won for the sixth time this season on Wednesday night, holding the Brewers to two runs (one earned) over 5.2 innings. He allowed five hits with no walks while striking out two.
Impact: Lohse's extreme home/road splits continue to hold form. Heading into Wednesday's game, he was 3-3 with a 2.67 ERA and 1.13 WHIP at home, with four homers allowed in 57.1 innings; on the road, he is 2-9 with a 6.42 ERA and 1.54 WHIP, allowing 11 homers. Given his home ballpark, this seems counter-intuitive. (RotoWire - Thu. Jul 26, 2007 )

Vada Pinson Fan
07-26-2007, 09:48 PM
BearcatShane- I think you'll be getting your wish. I expect Lohse to be traded before next Tuesday and his spot in the rotation to be filled by Dumatrait.

Lohse too inconsistent but has very good stuff when he's on.
Don't expect too much of a return for Kyle. I went to the game last night with my wife and she and I wished THAT Kyle Lohse pitched for the Reds all year. Wouldn't be having this discussion if Lohse could have.