PDA

View Full Version : Lofton Returns To Cleveland

RedLegSuperStar
07-27-2007, 12:42 PM
It's official as ESPN is now reporting it as well as Rotoworld.com

MLBTradeRumors.com -

According to Dennis Manoloff, the Indians are close to acquiring outfielder Kenny Lofton. I've heard that the Rangers will receive catcher Max Ramirez, who the Indians got for Bob Wickman last year.

Red Leader
07-27-2007, 12:43 PM
Why would the Rangers want Ramirez if they are on the verge of getting Salty? Interesting...

RedLegSuperStar
07-27-2007, 12:45 PM
Max Ramirez's Stats:

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=Max%20Ramirez&pos=&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=445615 (http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=Max%20Ramirez&pos=&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=445615)

RedLegSuperStar
07-27-2007, 12:47 PM
Why would the Rangers want Ramirez if they are on the verge of getting Salty? Interesting...

Well they have also been rumored to deal Gerald Laird

MLBTradeRumors.com -

According to Will Carroll of Baseball Prospectus, the Cubs have asked for their scouts' evaluation of Texas catcher Gerald Laird. Laird, 27, has been a disappointment at the plate this year (.237/.296/.353). On the other hand, he's second in baseball with a 40.8% caught stealing rate (Dave Ross is first).

A Laird acquisition would indicate a lack of faith in Jason Kendall, so it seems unlikely. The Cubs will probably give Kendall a fair shake. Laird would probably only become available if the Rangers acquired Jarrod Saltalamacchia first, anyway.

smith288
07-27-2007, 12:47 PM
Are the Indians in need of an aging outfielder with a fond call to its past?

Crash Davis
07-27-2007, 01:05 PM

Ramirez was seen as a long shot to remain behind the plate when the Indians got him from the Braves.

Do the Rangers see Salty as a 1B or C? If he can catch and throw, it'd be a shame to waste him at 1B just because you have an opening there.

Buckeye33
07-27-2007, 01:31 PM
Are the Indians in need of an aging outfielder with a fond call to its past?

I'd rather run Kenny Lofton out there against righties than Trot Nixon and I would trust him more than the rookies they have playing right now in Guiterrez and Francisco.

Sizemore
Lofton
Martinez
Hafner
Blake
Garko
Peralta
Guiterrez
Barfield

That is a solid lineup. And they'll have Sabathia and Carmona in a 5 game series.

RedsManRick
07-27-2007, 01:42 PM
Kenny Lofton put up a .301/.360/.403, 32 SB line last year in LA and is putting up .303/.380/.438, 21/25 SB line this year. I dare say that he's actually one of the best leadoff men in baseball right now. Lofton leading off ahead of Sizemore, and dropping Casey Blake to 5th will be a big boost for that lineup. Their starting rotation is a bit shaky, but I really like them to take the AL Central when Magglio cools off (and he will...) and the Tigers offense slumps.

mbgrayson
07-27-2007, 02:43 PM
It's done now:
"Indians acquire Lofton, send minor-leaguer to Rangers" Here is the ESPN Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2951549).