PDA

View Full Version : Questions from out of towner coming to game

Reds1
07-27-2007, 04:51 PM
I have a small group coming in to see a couple games against LA and we are looking for a place to pre-party that's close to the park. Something simple. Good atmosphere. A little Beer :beerme:

Thanks

Chip R
07-27-2007, 04:53 PM
I have a small group coming in to see a couple games against LA and we are looking for a place to pre-party that's close to the park. Something simple. Good atmosphere. A little Beer :beerme:

Thanks

Gameday or the In Between should work for you. Or even the Machine Room.

Johnny Footstool
07-27-2007, 05:06 PM
It's probably not as simple as you're looking for, but if you're hungry, Nicholson's Tavern & Pub has unbelievable steaks and import beer. I went there for the first time this summer, and I loved it.

http://www.deshas.com/nich_gi.html

It's downtown, about 5 blocks north and 1 block west of the stadium, next to the Aronoff Center. It's about a 10-15 minute walk to the stadium.

Granted, it's no sports bar, so the atmosphere isn't as festive as GameDay, but the food is choice.

Reds1
07-27-2007, 05:20 PM
Thanks guys. I think I've been to gameday. They had like $1 beer an hour before the game, but someone else told me they liked another bar downtown. I'm guessing that's the IN Between! Which do you like better? Where is the In Between.

My brother would probably like Nicholson's Tavern & Pub, but I"m not much of an import guy. Just give me my Bud. LOL

thanks again

bucksfan2
07-27-2007, 05:25 PM
How much beer do you want to drink. Try out Hofbrau House over in newport. It is about a 15 minute walk for the stadium or you can take a shuttle. Big beers, lots of fun, good time.

Reds1
07-28-2007, 12:49 AM
Actually we are going to the Hofbrau house after the game. woo hoo. I hear its great.
Thanks